Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I am the T Documentary, Part 1: I am Isak

Started by FTMax, January 12, 2017, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTMax

A dear friend of mine directed and produced this short documentary in hopes of sharing affirming and realistic portrayals of trans people's lives. I got a little teary watching this during the prescreening, as it so closely mirrored my own story and experiences. I think it creates a great opportunity for people who don't understand trans identities or the need to transition to better understand how we feel and why we might make the decisions we do.

I am Isak is the first installment of I am the T: a trans documentary. Filmed in 2014, I am Isak is a captivating documentary short about Isak, a young trans man living in Norway. Isak's story reveals the transformative power of becoming your truest self through the lens of gender identity. From past to present, the film explores the physical, emotional, and social implications of transitioning. It combines cultural context with firsthand storytelling to explore what it means to be trans. I am Isak is the first documentary short of its genre to be produced in Norway. I am the T is a documentary series that explores the lives of trans people around the world. Forthcoming chapters will feature stories from Canada, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia, and Europe.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •