Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What supplements to stop before GCS

Started by rose, April 03, 2017, 06:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rose

Hi everyone [emoji1]

So I wanna ask you a question

We all know that we have to stop smoking, alcohol, hormones before our surgery ( some doctors don't require this )
And the length of time to stop taking it different from doctor to doctor
Some require two weeks and some for whole month

I'm athletic so I take many multivitamins and minerals with antioxidants and workout supplements

It's too many for me to count them tbh
But I know some like fish oil and herbs
Should be avoided before the surgery

Should i just stop everything or there is some main supplements should be avoided and the rest is ok

I asked my doctor and he just mentioned smoking and hrt should be avoided one month before the surgery

I'm worried what is your experience
did your surgeon told you to stop them or not
And what the main ones to avoid

Thanks ❤️
  •  

AnonyMs

Personally I'd stop everything. If you search for medications and supplements to avoid before surgery there's an enormous list of them and its not worth finding out you took something that causes a problem for the small benefit they give.

I'd also stop any heavy exercise well before surgery as I've heard it can cause serious muscle pain in recovery. I'll pm you a link as I don't think I can post it here.
  •  

Gail20

During my search for a surgeon I encountered one that had a specific exercise regimen they wanted you to do prior to surgery.  They were centered in the pelvic region and the logic was that they would make it easier for the surgeon to work and that recovery would be faster. . . They even had a Physical Therapist who would consult with you. No I don't know the name.  It was prior to me realizing I needed to start tracking Surgeons/Programs on a spreadsheet. . .:-(  At some point closer to my own surgery I will go back and find them . . .
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •