Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Friendly electrolysis places in Brisbane?

Started by kellb, January 24, 2017, 06:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellb

Hi Brisbane ladies,

Can anyone point me to a friendly/sympathetic electrolysis place in Brisbane?  I'm quite keen to get started on hair removal, but I don't want to deal with the emotional difficulty of a hostile technician.  Has anyone found somewhere they've liked?  I'm not your normal sort of client, since I'm still presenting quite male, but my bodyhair super bothers me and I am at the point where I can't stand it anymore.

Thoughts?

-Kellb
One day they woke me up; so I could live forever.
  •  

Violets

I can't answer your question on electrolysis, but I've had quite a bit of laser done in Brisbane by Results Laser, and now Laser Clinics Australia. I still present male when I go (upper lip hair is proving to be persistent) and I've never had an issue with the staff even though I've made it clear that I'm trans. I've had by face, back, chest and stomach done, which collectively has done wonders for reducing dysphoria.

I too would be interested to know of any local trans friendly electrolysis places.

•  

kellb

Useful, thanks! :)

I shall certainly report back if I find anywhere good.
One day they woke me up; so I could live forever.
  •  

rainecloude

Hey girls,

I know this is an old topic but I just wanted to say that I am getting my electrolysis done at a lovely place in Coorparoo called Ambience Beauty. The girls there are very friendly, professional, discreet, and understanding of my needs as a transgender woman.

Link below!

http://www.ambiencebeauty.com.au/
  •  

Violets

Hi Rainecloude, thanks for posting this. Welcome to Susan's Place!  :)

A couple of questions for you... What method of electrolysis do they use, and do they have much experience with trans women?

•  

rainecloude

Hey,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not sure what electrolysis they use? I was unaware there was a difference. They just zap my face for an hour! :P

They said to me initially that they had worked with trans clients before and they have not shown me anything to suggest otherwise. They knew that hormones would ease up the process and assist with some of my more stubborn hairs which it did.

They also suggested using a higher voltage and the non-gold tipped "needles" so more would be zapped and I would get more for my money. All I know is that it's working. :)

Much love. <3
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: rainecloude on May 14, 2017, 10:09:14 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not sure what electrolysis they use? I was unaware there was a difference. They just zap my face for an hour! :P

They said to me initially that they had worked with trans clients before and they have not shown me anything to suggest otherwise. They knew that hormones would ease up the process and assist with some of my more stubborn hairs which it did.

They also suggested using a higher voltage and the non-gold tipped "needles" so more would be zapped and I would get more for my money. All I know is that it's working. :)

Much love. <3

Welcome to the site, rainecloude.

Thanks for jumping right in. We have have lots of resources if you need any questions answered as well.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

MichelleVindee

Quote from: Violets on January 24, 2017, 09:39:39 PM
I can't answer your question on electrolysis, but I've had quite a bit of laser done in Brisbane by Results Laser, and now Laser Clinics Australia. I still present male when I go (upper lip hair is proving to be persistent) and I've never had an issue with the staff even though I've made it clear that I'm trans. I've had by face, back, chest and stomach done, which collectively has done wonders for reducing dysphoria.

I too would be interested to know of any local trans friendly electrolysis places.

I have started to have electrolysis at 'Epilette' in Brisbane city. I'm up for my fourth session, very slow and painful process. I have been receiving laser at Archon Spa's and Image by Laser now for 15 months and while initial results were quite dramatic, the lip/chin area is both stubborn and very painful.

As you may be aware facial beard hair (Androgenic hair) grows in three stages Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. Only the first stage Anagen is the stage where hair removal is effective. The Anagen phase (growth) lasts roughly 12 months, shorter than the hair from your scalp. Unfortunately these stages are different for each beard hair on the face; this is one of the main reasons why the process can take a long time.

Warm Regards Michelle
  •