Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Live BBC1 debate on gender with yours truly ;)

Started by Rachel Richenda, February 07, 2017, 04:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R R H

Here's a live TV debate on BBC1 in which I participated this weekend. It's a bit of a bear pit atmosphere but hopefully I stayed cool ;)

I'm Rachel by the way :D

•  

R R H

p.s. very evident that I've only just started the voice training!
  •  

staciM

Thanks for sharing Rachel.  Very similar debates going on around the globe, which I believe is healthy...even if we don't agree with every side of the argument.  I thought it was quite impressive on how many viewpoints were touched-on in such a short time.

Btw, I think you did wonderful in your time allowed, you kept it very mature in an environment that could have boiled over.
- Staci -
  •  

Michelle_P

Thank you for doing this, Rachel.  We need more folks, and more straightforward representation out there.

That couldn't have been easy.  All the classic characters were there; the nice TERF person, the Outraged Housewife, the "I found a study" Guy, and so on.  You kept your cool, not easy, and I thought the moderator did a good job in spite of the task at hand. 

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

R R H

Thank you so so much for your words of encouragement Michelle and Staci x
  •  

AnonyMs

Well done. I don't know how you can stand being in the same room with some of those people, let alone keeping your cool.
  •