Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Working out after SRS?

Started by apsharas, March 08, 2017, 05:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apsharas

Ok, so it's time to address the issue of the fat ass and beer gut that came as a bonus of SRS recovery. Although theoretically you can start doing activities after two months while they don't involve crotch pressure (biking, pilates, uphill hiking, yoga, etc...), after three months it is supposedly ok to go back to working out. If it can endure getting impaled by a strap-on or slab of meat, it's ok to sit on a spinning bike.

Or that's what Most surgeon's website, but how is it actually in real life? 2 months and three weeks post-op I still have some pain walking after dilating and while I have been able to make short runs, lately it's been hurting a bit again and making sitting in non cushioned areas discomforting. I could probably go back to low impact cardio such as a elliptical bike and some basic machines and dumbbells, but doing Pilates or spinning feels scary and makes me wonder if it still can break or tear. I am still moderately strong after 4 months of doing nothing but coming from more than a year of workouts 3-4 times a week, so it's not like I will faint.
  •  

ainsley

I run.  After GRS I waited 8 weeks, and started my running again.  I had no issues whatsoever.  It was actually easier without that protuberance there, tbh.  As for biking, I think I have read that Jenna Marie went back to it pretty quick.  In my opinion she had a re-markedly good recovery, though (we had the same Dr....). ;)  I am sure she will chime in, but I wanted to let you know from a running perspective I had no problems getting back to it.  Now, lifting??  I would not want to tear anything, so my advice is to make sure it is healed entirely and then take it slow and test your ability to lift without any damage.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

noleen111

After I was healed after SRS I joined a gym. I got a female work out schedule with some weight work. Not to gain muscles but just to tone my body a bit and to lose some weight
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

debfreeman1

I started back at the gym at week four post-op using the machines and doing thirty min. walking on a treadmill. By eights weeks  was up to an hour on the treadmill. At nine weeks I went back to work as an arborist climbing trees. All of this was with my surgeons Ok.
  •  

apsharas

Thanks for your replies. I'm going back in 10 days. After cutting down to two dilations, my soreness has gone down a lot. Part of the pain seemed to be caused by a bad cause of constipation, maybe induced by iron supplements required after SRS. It was a bit hard to pinpoint where the pain came from since the two canals are so close together, but it seems to have improved.

In fact, i have been involuntarily running... to catch the train. No more pain, and I had not realised how good it feels to move fast, and how much my body craves for cardio. Too bad that I will have to be in the elyptical and walking threadmill to be on the safe side until I can move to higher intensity, and the spinning bike as the final goal.
  •  

apsharas

Well, the update: Bikes are off limits.

During the first week I kept myself to light cardio. Elyptical, ski and an static bike, fat cushioned seat. Then on the last day I tried to go for a spinning bike.

The two days I was on the static bike, my discharge had gone towards a light brown and clearly defined borders, looking as spilt liquid, that are making me think about post-workout bleeding. This discharge appeared after showering and getting back home. Skipping the bike minimised it, but it still resulted in dark discharge. the kind i get after walking for too long.

For the rest, it's ok. The cardio is ok at 150bpm for now, just elyptical, ski and going uphill on the threadmill (can't run due to knee issues, that's why I love bikes). Arms day is easy peasy, but my legs are gelatin right now and at its weakest.
  •