Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Glad its in your grasp, I have to wait till the NHS gets its a** in gear, say HELLO to the rellis down under (cant remember exactly were they are!!) God I just knocked cheese all over the key board , the whiskey tooth pain killers kicking in XXX Davina feeling squiffy
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 03, 2017, 03:37:47 AM
Finally some good news on the electrolysis front...we are now talking about the end game...I need 1 injection session to finish my top lip. One for my bottom lip and chin , one for my neck...after 5 weeks ofno electrolysis, I grew out my beard for a full for 7 days and I have I had a bit of new growth but very very little considering the amount of time...My electrologist is thinking we will be down to about 20 minutes per session after we have completed the next 3-4 hours...I could be done in as little as 2 months...I have 3 x1 hour injection sessions left this month plus I have also added an additional 3x20 minute session to go after secondary growth in particular so she can keep the current down So within 3 weeks I will have done 4 hours which should be just about enough to finish me off...and move to weekly maintenance.

Accidentally deleted this post
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 02, 2017, 07:22:42 AM
Today I received my First appointment with Dr Ives for GCS in Melbourne which is another City from here so I immediately booked and paid for the flights...got return airfares Adel to Melb $145 normally quite a bit dearer than that....so it begins

This I thought I had been posted and discovered I had deleted it
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

I have been investigating the various SRS options open to me and it would seem that my first instinct is correct and that Dr Ives in Melbourne is my best bet. After investigating further I have come to the a gut wrenchingly awful realisation that I may not be able to afford this. I don't work and I have money from a payout that I was thinking I could use and I even had the cost pretty right with the exception of one and that was for the health insurance...It will cost me extra that I just don't have without putting us in a seriously bad financial situation...

I am a bit numb...in order to be able to afford the gap payments I need private health insurance which is going to be  at a minimum 6k...I will be able to get a good part of my travel costs covered but there are always out of pocket expenses to go along.

I am going to go along to see Dr Ives and find out how much this will all cost me down to the last $$...but I doubt I can afford as much as I need...of course!

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 06, 2017, 05:32:33 AM
I have been investigating the various SRS options open to me and it would seem that my first instinct is correct and that Dr Ives in Melbourne is my best bet. After investigating further I have come to the a gut wrenchingly awful realisation that I may not be able to afford this. I don't work and I have money from a payout that I was thinking I could use and I even had the cost pretty right with the exception of one and that was for the health insurance...It will cost me extra that I just don't have without putting us in a seriously bad financial situation...

I am a bit numb...in order to be able to afford the gap payments I need private health insurance which is going to be  at a minimum 6k...I will be able to get a good part of my travel costs covered but there are always out of pocket expenses to go along.

I am going to go along to see Dr Ives and find out how much this will all cost me down to the last $$...but I doubt I can afford as much as I need...of course!

Liz

Ouch Liz,

I'm sure that is difficult news to swallow. You are finally ready to get the show on the road and you hit another snag. That has to be a let down.  Have you looked into other possible means of help? Some sort of fund or financial aid?  I have no idea what or even if such things are available but it's worth looking into.

Hugs,
   Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

I know how you feel , same boat here choice between HRT or electrolysis whilst waiting for the free ones if I can afford either . Lots of local salons for the face burn but £40 + an hour I would rather pay 45 a month for HRT. If I win the lotto tonight will send you a sub (but fat chance of that happening as my birth horoscope said I will always get by but never rich XX D
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 06, 2017, 02:49:16 PM
  Ouch Liz,

I'm sure that is difficult news to swallow. You are finally ready to get the show on the road and you hit another snag. That has to be a let down.  Have you looked into other possible means of help? Some sort of fund or financial aid?  I have no idea what or even if such things are available but it's worth looking into.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I don't know Laurie

I just don't know...I have been trying not to think about it too much until I can see what the cost will be. I have also been toying with the idea of Cosmetic v full vaginoplasty but even that seems a bit pointless. I am sure there will be a difference in cost but that will not be the deciding factor...who knows maybe in the end it will. I will have to see if there is any kind of assistance available here in Australia but I somehow doubt it. I have to find a way past this...I have too...
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on May 06, 2017, 03:33:39 PM
I know how you feel , same boat here choice between HRT or electrolysis whilst waiting for the free ones if I can afford either . Lots of local salons for the face burn but £40 + an hour I would rather pay 45 a month for HRT. If I win the lotto tonight will send you a sub (but fat chance of that happening as my birth horoscope said I will always get by but never rich XX D

I may well be reduced to getting my begging cup out unless I can find some funds....good luck with that lotto win ;D ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

Sorry not this week only 1 no
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

Sorry to here you're struggling with the cost Liz. I've been trying to budget electrolysis and it just seems way out of my reach for now, so I know how frustrating it all can be.

I think us ladies need to get down to the bingo hall for that full house and a gossip :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Liz,

I have faith that you will figure something out somehow. We can't have you go on indefinitely like you are now. That just won't do. Something will turn up.

No return call from the electrologist today for me. Perhaps tomorrow. It bodes well for a procrastinator such as myself.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Edit:  Okay seems I lied. The electrologist did call back and I missed it.

•  

LizK

Thank you all for your kind words. I will find out the final figures when I see the surgeon on the 29th August. If it is more than I have then I will just have to seek out alternative ways to fund it. I don't work which makes it all a bit harder anyway will wait and see....
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Yesterday was Electrolysis day and the aim was to do the top lip and give it the final full clearance somewhere around an hours work maybe a fraction more. My appointment is always at a1pm on  Tuesday and the Dr I get the injections from is always running rate. Normally it about 12:45 before we start the injections because she is busy. By the time she does them and I get into the car drive for 2 minutes to the Electrologists and park I have maybe a couple of minutes to wait for her and then we are away.

So yesterday we were doing the top lip...I arrive at 12 :15 injection appointment time and instead of having to wait the half an hour like usual she saw me immediately. The injections were really quite painful into the top lip but she did a great job and I was really numb. By about 20 Past 12 we were done which is really early for a 1pm Electrology appointment...off I went to the Electrologist and as luck would have it she was running late by 10 minutes so it was 50 minutes from injection until we could start and because the injections don't have adrenaline in them they do not last all that long, about an hour or so and then they start to drop off rapidly. By the time we sat down the lidocaine had peaked and was beginning the start wearing off. I managed 35 Minutes only with very limited anaesthetic so didn't get the clearance completed.

Next week the electrologist has booked me in 15 minutes after the injections are due(Rather than the time she normally books) because she knows if she can get working on the area for another solid hour she will clear it...I always new these appointments were going to be difficult to co-ordinate and this is the first one that has been screwed up by circumstances...Dr was very efficient and could not delay and to compound things the Electrologist was running 10 minutes late....Oh well these things happen.

I have a short 20 minute session this Friday (no injections for this one) to help clear up the remnants of what is left on my cheek. This is part of my determined attempt to get to matinenenace stage within the next month where about 30 minutes clears the entire face, talking maybe 3-4 hours max to get to that stage. I have the final session on my lip next Tuesday then nothing for a couple of weeks whilst I head off for my reunion

Speaking of which spent about 30 minutes running through some outfit choices for my little "Holiday" on the Gold Coast. I have a BBQ, water sports, Dinner, Shopping and flying to take care of. I usually have my own fashion guru with me but this time she is staying home .

It should be a blast...time for a new colour in my hair before I go and maybe even a style and cut...we will see...maybe even a makeover(EH! Laurie....as in Truck) although my wallet is still reeling after the last one.

I am continuing with the voice therapy and seem to have found my "voice" Pitching around 180 and easy to keep the chest resonance out...I find it so difficult to work out my pitch as Magic Stave tends not to pick up much unless it is the first part and last part of the word so not exactly giving an average pitch reading. Anyway will keep working on it and see how I go.

So that is all for now...Will keep working on my voice and my Electrology ;D

Liz     
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Hi Liz

Truck here. Sorry to hear you got to feel the electrologist at work. I don't understand why you didn't manage your time better. It is really unfair to put the blame on poor old circumstance. 35 minutes huh? tsk tsk tsk  Next time bring a bite block with you and let the poor lady get her work done. Speaking of electrologist... I returned the missed called from one here and left another message. Still no callback as of this morning.
  Going to a BBQ? Going to have a little shrimp on the barbie? That sounds good but not for my breakfast. I'll have to think about it for another time. I'm currently working on ingredients for some curry dish. Perhaps you can help.. when the recipe calls for 3 whole cardamom is it 3 pods or 3 of the seeds inside the pods? At $45.99/lb it matters.. I have to go to one of those designer grocery stores just to find some.
  Voice lessons? I hope it's helping. Honestly don't think it will for me. I guess I will find out.

So are you saying those "M" word things are expensive? More reason not to explore the matter further. Yes, I know I said let me work on going outside in broad daylight first. And yes I did do that once by going to my therapy session en femme yesterday but I assure you it was an accident. I didn't mean too but I was strangely all dressed with a dusting of makeup and no time to change. I'm thinking you hexed me somehow... hired an aboriginal sorcerer?

Hoping you have a great trip and a lot of carefree fun
Love,
  Laurie

•  

davina61

Just love a Barbie, dress for flying ? Are you going as Tinkerbelle or Amy Johnson ??????
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on May 10, 2017, 02:46:26 PM
Just love a Barbie, dress for flying ? Are you going as Tinkerbelle or Amy Johnson ??????

Tinkerbell now that would get the gate Officers in a tizz..as it is, I set off the metal detectors when I go through because of my pump...it doesn't just give a gentle beep either...The BBQ will be the first time any of us have seen each other in 30+ years...
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 10, 2017, 09:34:58 AM

Voice lessons? I hope it's helping. Honestly don't think it will for me. I guess I will find out.

So are you saying those "M" word things are expensive? More reason not to explore the matter further. Yes, I know I said let me work on going outside in broad daylight first. And yes I did do that once by going to my therapy session en femme yesterday but I assure you it was an accident. I didn't mean too but I was strangely all dressed with a dusting of makeup and no time to change. I'm thinking you hexed me somehow... hired an aboriginal sorcerer?

Hoping you have a great trip and a lot of carefree fun
Love,
  Laurie

Oh Heck yes have a crack at the voice lessons. I didn't think I had any hope of sounding any better than the worst caricature I have ever heard...but as I am not trying to get ot the 200-210 pitch but the lower end of the female Pitch I sound very similar and when I pitch up to 160-170 my wife didn't realise anything other than the smoother and slightly higher pitch Other thing is I could have it all screwed up and be pitching wrong but I don't think so.

Yes makeover costs can be expensive, if you promise not to tell I will give you a rough idea of  how much I spent...lets just say it was well over $400...there is an expectation that you will buy the products and some places will charge you but then take that charge off the cost of the product you buy...I did mine with Mac who are super trans friendly and don't test on Animals ...no charge but an expectation I would buy some stuff....I have heard good things about Sephora..

Next week end the 19th should be a blast....and I know nothing of cardamom seeds or pods. I normally have bacon and eggs on my breaky BBQ...

Better get my skates on as I am heading out for yet another Dr's appointment to find out about my arthritic knee and Hip...I am yet to beautify myself or run a brush through my hair(that in itself can be a project)...so better get a move on

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Shy

Hmm, all the makeovers I've had have been free, I like to add a little tip though and possibly buy any product I liked, but that's it. The only caveat is that they are usually done in quit public stores.
I've never had a salon makeover, I'm guessing that sort of pampering is quite expensive, would like some lessons though so I might indulge one day.

Good luck at the docs Liz.

Cardamons are little seed pods, just use them whole and remove them when you're ready to serve your culinary masterpiece. They are cheap and usually found in the spice aisle. I tend to leave them in though, but it's an acquired taste.

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Shy on May 11, 2017, 03:38:52 AM
Hmm, all the makeovers I've had have been free, I like to add a little tip though and possibly buy any product I liked, but that's it. The only caveat is that they are usually done in quit public stores.
I've never had a salon makeover, I'm guessing that sort of pampering is quite expensive, would like some lessons though so I might indulge one day.

Good luck at the docs Liz.

Cardamons are little seed pods, just use them whole and remove them when you're ready to serve your culinary masterpiece. They are cheap and usually found in the spice aisle. I tend to leave them in though, but it's an acquired taste.

Sadie

Hi Sadie

Mine was free and out in the open(Psst...don't tell Laurie ;)), had a little group of onlookers by the end  I said to the woman as we sat down, that I wanted a complete look that I could wear day and then ramp up for night without it taking huge amounts of additional time. She did exactly that and showed me how to apply each product including a cheat sheet of exactly which product went where. This is before I even spent $1 with her. She was great and I was there for nearly 2 hours and at the end she asked if I wanted any of the products that she had tried on me and I said yes I will take the lot. Her eyes just about bugged out of her head. :D :D

I am still using this makeup and will be for another year at least. Being really high quality a little goes a long way and I know the colours are right for me...I loved the experience and spent far more money that I should have. I don't regret it as I use the products all the time and they feel great on... ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 11, 2017, 06:21:09 PM
Hi Sadie

Mine was free and out in the open(Psst...don't tell Laurie ;)), had a little group of onlookers by the end 

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)