Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Thank you all Ladies,

Your encouragement and words of support as always are important to me and I thank you for your kind words.

Laurie Yes stinking up the place is what i do best LOL A bucket...as Bart Simpson would say "I wash myself with a rag on a stick...yuk yuk yuk"

Jessica Lynne...that is a great name..."Dude" or "mate" are both used however in Australia the use of the word "mate" is not exclusively a male term and can be used to refer to either however usually the context is the decider on how it is used. Both forms of address don't sit well with me at all. I never object. I hear my 25 year old daughter use the term with her friends all the time so I try and no be so precious about it....it still gets under my skin though

Markie...I am about 2-3rd the way through a reply to you so hang in there LOL

Hi Davinia...face torture over...wow those words don't have much meaning for me..it feels like it will never end...I have however allowed myself to start thinking that we are on the last few hours now and I suspect my last dental block appointment will be my last regular weekly appointment.

I will be conscientious of keeping this updated...probably  ::) 

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

Lunch With the Girls

I went out to a local restaurant and met up with 4 other women who attend a "Meet up group" that I attend in the city once a month. Arrived to find everyone seated and having their first drink... I should have been first there as it was only about 3-4 minutes from my house by car but I kept finding things to do and it also took a few goes to finally settle on an outfit.

The lunch itself was great because where we met is a local family restaurant so the menu is basic but nice. I spent a couple of hours chatting with the other women. We did seem to be getting a little extra attention from the patrons but they never bothered us. The waitresses were all really polite and friendly. In the end I left after nearly 2 and half hours of chatting after deciding we would do this as a regular get together.

It was such a fun way to spend a few hours sitting with good company, good coffee, good food, good conversation makes for a really great afternoon and one I will look forward to doing again.

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Cindy

That sounds lovely!

I have to say that I love the new avatar hon!!

Well done. :-*
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Cindy on August 13, 2017, 04:58:18 AM
Yes, indeed.  I love that smile!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Drexy/Drex

😆 I understand  about  choosing an outfit.... not that I have much to choose  from... black or black? But it's made me late too
Sounds nice and you look   genuinely happy  😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on August 13, 2017, 04:37:33 AM
Lunch With the Girls

I went out to a local restaurant and met up with 4 other women who attend a "Meet up group" that I attend in the city once a month. Arrived to find everyone seated and having their first drink... I should have been first there as it was only about 3-4 minutes from my house by car but I kept finding things to do and it also took a few goes to finally settle on an outfit.

Okay , I'll go along with everyone else and agree (you know how difficult that is for me) that I like your new avatar picture. I think it's worth noting you even put on make up and do not go to the party in your robe. (((Hugs)))
  Seriously , Liz, you look nice in it. :-*

(Oh yeah, thank you for not telling everyone I was the "I kept finding things to do" that held you up.  Ssssshhh!)

Luvs ya,
   Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

Love your new pic, nice cheerful countenance . Your lucky to have friends like that , make the most of it.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica Lynne

Quote from: Cindy on August 13, 2017, 04:58:18 AM
That sounds lovely!

Well done. :-*

Yup...you exude happiness! The end goal for all of us. I saw it and it instantly brought a smile to my face.
  •  

LizK

Thankyou all Ladies

I guess there is no hiding it really, I am a happy gal.

Cindy, ...thank you, It has been ages since I had a photo I wanted to share so I have set out over the last few days to capture a few...more changes to come I suspect                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Kathy... thank you, My older brother told me he didn't have to ask me how I was I he just had to look in my eye's...which immediately bought a tear too them

Markie...yeah you may only have one colour to choose from but you can sure rock that one!! Thanks for the compliment

Davina... Thanks and I am lucky. I was invited some months ago and accepted, however it was cancelled at the last moment. This is the first time they we have met outside of the "Meetup" we usually attend. I think it will become a semi regular thing which I would great.

Laurie...not sure if you were to blame or not but hey that's cool...Laurie was the reason I was late...there you go, you saw her admit to it. Yeah it was Laurie's fault...

Jessica...thanks very Much I am glad it bought a smile to your face.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

HappyMoni

Oh my, I like the picture, Liz. For someone who is upside down all the time, you look pretty damn awesome.

As for Laurie, I know she can't help the fact that she makes all of us late all the time. It is a gift she has, like a super power.

So glad to see a good person happy.  :)

Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

LizK

Quarterly Oil change and Service

This is my third visit to the local Hospital clinic since telling them I was Trans and the second since changing my name. Each visit requires a trip to the Pharmacy to collect the medication for my implanted pump and then back to the unit to have it injected, under sterile conditions, into my pump.

A few days prior I had called the clinic to advise them I required a new prescription and                                                                                                                                                         for the refill to be dropped at pharmacy. When I called Pharmacy they had my correct name and details but no script.

When I called the unit a new voice answered the phone(been going there for 17 years). Now I was using my trained voice (but not very well) and after I gave her my name Elizabeth it went something like

Her  "You're not...hang on you don't sound like a...hold on..(brief silence...reading?)...(first old name )"

Me "No Liz please"

Her "Hang on...oh yes now I have it, Okay I will sort this out" call ended

Today I arrive feeling very apprehensive, up to the pharmacy , got a cup of coffee whilst I waited, got my meds off to the clinic. My sense of dread growing more with each step.

Arrive at the clinic to be met by the doubting nurse, down to a cubicle, in comes one of the regulars who has known me for a few years and tries to read my pump via diagnostic reader. She cant get it to read and is having difficulties...then ensures a discussion with the head of the unit (another person) about "him" and "he". I let it go once but after the second time I interjected and said "I prefer you use she please"...neither her nor the head acknowledged that I had said anything. After they sorted the issue out she sat down and began to change the information recorded on my pump and asked the student to print off some new labels when I was gone with my correct name on it as they were places where they were missing.  We then proceeded to have a really nice conversation about my earrings and where I got them and how pretty they were, how long my hair was. Lovely, enjoyed it thoroughly...even miss doubter joined in.

These labels are done from the patient record in a central computer and when printed certainly had my name on it but still had male as gender. So I sighed to myself and took the form to the counter after I had finished. There were no more incidents of misgendering after I had spoken up.

Whilst at reception I asked the receptionist to change the gender marker on their records as it confuses the heck out of the nurses and she chuckled and asked me to wait for a second, she went in and made the change to my record  immediately.

Hopefully that is the end of that...when the junior nurse took my blood pressure it was through the roof just prior to having the pump filled and just after the misgendering started....in fact it was so high she eventually took it manually. In the end it was still high but I was wound up pretty darn tight by that stage. They are going to have to get better at it with me and I am sure they will.

Having the procedure is already anxiety inducing enough without adding the additional to the stress of it. I actually think that the next time I go in October, there will no further issues.....I hope  :D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 13, 2017, 10:37:08 PM
Oh my, I like the picture, Liz. For someone who is upside down all the time, you look pretty damn awesome.

As for Laurie, I know she can't help the fact that she makes all of us late all the time. It is a gift she has, like a super power.

So glad to see a good person happy.  :)

Moni

You do know that is a forced smile...That's what happens when hang upside down for long enough  ;D

Lorry..sorry I mean Laurie....what can I say... ::)

Thank you Moni  ;)
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Had my dental block and Electrolysis yesterday...didn't get the amount of numbing I had last time but successfully made it through an hour session and she was able to clear my top lip of all but a dozen very light ones along my lip line which I don't think either her or I could find in the last few minutes of the session.

In 4 weeks I have one further full round of dental blocks to clean up anything that has regrown on my top lip...should be negligible and get by bottom lip done again, in the meantime it is clean up time...find the stragglers, this could take awhile...I would like to think that over the next 3 hrs we finish whatever is left.

I Got a brand new Remington I-light home IPL unit. Last one $400 off. RRP of $600+

I have started with my arm pits and photographing the results over the next 3-6 months. I will take a progress photo each time I do a session. It took about 3-4 minutes under each arm to ensure that everything in the area was covered. I have also done one arm and my chest. I want to see the difference between treated and untreated so figured my arms were the easiest. I have set on level 3 out of 5 and I could feel the mild sting from it. I will post some picture at interval if I get any result...I figured IPL took care of my chest hair apart from around the areola of my breasts which I did today. It even has a facial attachment...might be ok for zapping the odd black stray...LOL
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: ElizabethK on August 16, 2017, 02:19:10 AM
Had my dental block and Electrolysis yesterday...didn't get the amount of numbing I had last time but successfully made it through an hour session and she was able to clear my top lip of all but a dozen very light ones along my lip line which I don't think either her or I could find in the last few minutes of the session.

In 4 weeks I have one further full round of dental blocks to clean up anything that has regrown on my top lip...should be negligible and get by bottom lip done again, in the meantime it is clean up time...find the stragglers, this could take awhile...I would like to think that over the next 3 hrs we finish whatever is left.

I Got a brand new Remington I-light home IPL unit. Last one $400 off. RRP of $600+

I have started with my arm pits and photographing the results over the next 3-6 months. I will take a progress photo each time I do a session. It took about 3-4 minutes under each arm to ensure that everything in the area was covered. I have also done one arm and my chest. I want to see the difference between treated and untreated so figured my arms were the easiest. I have set on level 3 out of 5 and I could feel the mild sting from it. I will post some picture at interval if I get any result...I figured IPL took care of my chest hair apart from around the areola of my breasts which I did today. It even has a facial attachment...might be ok for zapping the odd black stray...LOL

I'm sorry Liz but I have this image of strolling along Glenelg beach with you next summer, we are both in bikinis and I say "Liz do you know that one arm......."
  •  

LizK

I will be incredibly surprised if it does anything more than give me a slight sunburn LOL...but in the event it doesn't...well then..... ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

A stroll in the Park

My wife and I went out today but before we went out we took our dog to the park to let him run some of the lunatic out(didn't work so well)...As we were walking along we chatting about all sorts of things including my home country. Somehow this discussion led my mind to wander and I began to think about one of my first serious attempts to go out and about in the world as Liz when I was about 18.  I remember the months and months of planning and saving to organise a weekend away in another city so I could just dress and be me without being clocked in my own town where I was well known. I had told my then girlfriend how I felt and she had offered to help me try and be me for a weekend

A memory of this weekend came flooding back with such intensity it caught me totally by surprise, taking my breath away and leaving me struggling not to start weeping outright, such was the intensity of the feelings remembered from an incident that very first morning we were away.

I did not remember the incident up until today when it all came flooding back.  I as astonished by its speed and intensity as it swept through me stopping me in my tracks as I began to shake. The particular incident was incredibly painful and humiliating for me which is why I had pushed it so far out of my mind. It took a few minutes but I got myself under control fairly quickly. Had to fix my makeup when we took the dog home after his walk but other than that no real harm done.  ;)

Anyone else experience anything like this? Memories returning unexpectedly with astonishingly powerful emotions attached to them. The memory is more like a flashback than anything else.

Maybe its just my own particular brand of crazy..... :D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Hi Liz,

I thought I'd chime in here since I seldom get a chance to talk with you.  ;) ;) I can't say I have had something like you describe happen to me. But then my first efforts were as a young kid done in secrecy and fraught with fear of discovery.  By the time I ventured out dressed I had many years of experience in the closet and if you consider my car being an extension of that closet I still hadn't ventured out en femme for real. That event began right here in Susan's forums with  a bit of cajoling from some older lady and a bit of encouragement from you and other friends  here. I think I'll be forever grateful to those that gave me that push followed by several others.

Thanks all you pushy ladies involved.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica Lynne

Quote from: ElizabethK on August 20, 2017, 04:37:18 AM
A stroll in the Park

My wife and I went out today but before we went out we took our dog to the park to let him run some of the lunatic out(didn't work so well)...As we were walking along we chatting about all sorts of things including my home country. Somehow this discussion led my mind to wander and I began to think about one of my first serious attempts to go out and about in the world as Liz when I was about 18.  I remember the months and months of planning and saving to organise a weekend away in another city so I could just dress and be me without being clocked in my own town where I was well known. I had told my then girlfriend how I felt and she had offered to help me try and be me for a weekend

A memory of this weekend came flooding back with such intensity it caught me totally by surprise, taking my breath away and leaving me struggling not to start weeping outright, such was the intensity of the feelings remembered from an incident that very first morning we were away.

I did not remember the incident up until today when it all came flooding back.  I as astonished by its speed and intensity as it swept through me stopping me in my tracks as I began to shake. The particular incident was incredibly painful and humiliating for me which is why I had pushed it so far out of my mind. It took a few minutes but I got myself under control fairly quickly. Had to fix my makeup when we took the dog home after his walk but other than that no real harm done.  ;)

Anyone else experience anything like this? Memories returning unexpectedly with astonishingly powerful emotions attached to them. The memory is more like a flashback than anything else.

Maybe its just my own particular brand of crazy..... :D

Hi Liz, I've had several experiences like you described since I started transitioning. Memories I couldn't or wouldn't have claimed in my previous life. I woke up from a lucid dreaam  from the annals of the Akashic records crying my eyes out as well as a few more. I appreciate them as they have seemed to be very cathartic. I hope you feel the same way about your experiences. Mine explained some things and allowed me to set some things down. All wins for me.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on August 20, 2017, 12:19:15 PM
Hi Liz,

I thought I'd chime in here since I seldom get a chance to talk with you.  ;) ;) I can't say I have had something like you describe happen to me. But then my first efforts were as a young kid done in secrecy and fraught with fear of discovery.  By the time I ventured out dressed I had many years of experience in the closet and if you consider my car being an extension of that closet I still hadn't ventured out en femme for real. That event began right here in Susan's forums with  a bit of cajoling from some older lady and a bit of encouragement from you and other friends  here. I think I'll be forever grateful to those that gave me that push followed by several others.

Thanks all you pushy ladies involved.

Hugs,
   Laurie

During my teens and through the till about 19 I tried to engineer anything that would see me being able to cross dress in public, costume parties etc It was never enough and I really struggled with what was happening. When at 19 and sought therapy and I realised what was wrong with me I was terrified diving back into the closet. I swore I would never tell another soul...but of course I did...it never left me...the memory is part of several that I had forgotten...each of them around cross dressing and my attempts at feeling better...going back as young as 9 or 10...its taken awhile so its not surprising I have some gaps LOL

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica Lynne on August 20, 2017, 04:28:27 PM
Hi Liz, I've had several experiences like you described since I started transitioning. Memories I couldn't or wouldn't have claimed in my previous life. I woke up from a lucid dreaam  from the annals of the Akashic records crying my eyes out as well as a few more. I appreciate them as they have seemed to be very cathartic. I hope you feel the same way about your experiences. Mine explained some things and allowed me to set some things down. All wins for me.

Thanks for that I was about half way through responding to you this morning and had to go out before I had finished. so thank you for your thoughts. It is always good to know we are not alone in these circumstances...I don't feel quite so odd...The experience was certainly overwhelming but what it did show me and what I remember from it succinctly is the intensity of the emotions I was feeling at that time in my life...sometimes my growing up feels a little surreal but things like this remind me why I did some of the desperate things I did as a Kid and young adult.
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •