Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drexy/Drex

I must admit it would be nice not having  to take pills I know of one west Australian who does the pellets here
and they are doing the job with her 
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Quote from: markie on October 22, 2017, 08:56:40 AM
I must admit it would be nice not having  to take pills I know of one west Australian who does the pellets here
and they are doing the job with her

None of the Drs I have seen will entertain the idea of pills. Again DVT is the main issue they are scared of and I have to say I am happy to take their advice on it. I am finding the gel about as simply as you can get to use and I can feel it starting to work.                                                                   
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Good news then if your feeling the effects , looks like I will be on patches (sticky leg syndrome?) and possible injections for T blockers.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

I have been a bit preoccupied over the last month or so with sorting out my own HRT issues as well as contemplating my GCS. Approaching a week using the new  E Gel and I am starting to feel a bit more like my old self. I have started my genital prep and organised my private insurance for GCS despite not really making any decision wether or not to proceed.

I don't really know what I expected but the whole "decision" around GCS wasn't or hasn't really been a single "decision", it seems to have been series of small decisions, it almost feels like I am now fulfilling a promise I made to myself a long time ago.

Tomorrow my insurance kicks in, so today I booked and paid a deposit to lock the date in, for my GCS with Dr Ives for November 28 2018 In Melbourne.

45 + years of contemplation, wishing it in every way I know how and now its going to be a reality. So it all still feels a little surreal.   

My first reaction after putting the phone down was to burst into tears of joy and relief....I haven't really stopped smiling since.  ;D

The only thing standing between me and GCS is about 10kg which I put on after quitting smoking and starting HRT...I have the motivation now to lose it and am aiming at 90kgs which is 5 below the minimum my surgeon wants. The heathier and fitter I can be the better my recovery will be.

:icon_archery: "Richard" my little friend your days are numbered.... ;)

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

All I'm going to say here is congratulations Liz and I'm glad you got the appointment made.
A big hug for you .

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Thanks Laurie, Appreciate the vote of confidence.  :D

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

wahey good news , bet that 12 months goes quick (hopefully)need to lose 20lb (that's about 10k?) race you.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on October 25, 2017, 04:56:16 PM
wahey good news , bet that 12 months goes quick (hopefully)need to lose 20lb (that's about 10k?) race you.

your on...lets do it !

this can be our theme song
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

OMG,ONJ priceless. Game on then.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Drexy/Drex

Wow Liz  i dont know what to  say ....except all the best ....um what type of surgery will it be ?
I havent heard much about grs in australia
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Quote from: markie on October 29, 2017, 08:57:47 AM
Wow Liz  i dont know what to  say ....except all the best ....um what type of surgery will it be ?
I havent heard much about grs in australia

SRS.......Inverted penile technique....TMI? Will be in Melbourne with Dr Ives
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: ElizabethK on October 25, 2017, 04:56:24 AM
I have been a bit preoccupied over the last month or so with sorting out my own HRT issues as well as contemplating my GCS. Approaching a week using the new  E Gel and I am starting to feel a bit more like my old self. I have started my genital prep and organised my private insurance for GCS despite not really making any decision wether or not to proceed.

I don't really know what I expected but the whole "decision" around GCS wasn't or hasn't really been a single "decision", it seems to have been series of small decisions, it almost feels like I am now fulfilling a promise I made to myself a long time ago.

Tomorrow my insurance kicks in, so today I booked and paid a deposit to lock the date in, for my GCS with Dr Ives for November 28 2018 In Melbourne.

45 + years of contemplation, wishing it in every way I know how and now its going to be a reality. So it all still feels a little surreal.   

My first reaction after putting the phone down was to burst into tears of joy and relief....I haven't really stopped smiling since.  ;D

The only thing standing between me and GCS is about 10kg which I put on after quitting smoking and starting HRT...I have the motivation now to lose it and am aiming at 90kgs which is 5 below the minimum my surgeon wants. The heathier and fitter I can be the better my recovery will be.

:icon_archery: "Richard" my little friend your days are numbered.... ;)

Hugs, my friend.  Glad to hear this.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on October 26, 2017, 04:22:07 PM
OMG,ONJ priceless. Game on then.

How are you going?

I am now 104 from 105.5 would love to be under 100 by Xmass
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LauraValladares

Congratulations! It always nice to hear stories. I hope to share my story soon too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

davina61

14 st 1lb 197 lb , lost 2 or 3 lb (it does go up and down ,fluids and all) don't know what that is in kilos , must change switch on scales. Hols this week so not burning it off apart from holes in my arm from welding!!!!! Turned cold as well and that makes you eat more ,ground frost this morning. 3.5 C at 9.30 according to car.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on November 08, 2017, 02:31:17 PM
14 st 1lb 197 lb , lost 2 or 3 lb (it does go up and down ,fluids and all) don't know what that is in kilos , must change switch on scales. Hols this week so not burning it off apart from holes in my arm from welding!!!!! Turned cold as well and that makes you eat more ,ground frost this morning. 3.5 C at 9.30 according to car.
2-3 lbs is 1.3kg
197 is about 90 Kg's so I am about 15 Kgs heavier than you

Ouch that's cold
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

Would like to get to mid 12 ST or lower , would like to be 13 something by Christmas. Hot today 10 deg C !!!!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

So I got my Target weight from my surgeon on Friday 15 stone I would like to get to around 14 which is just above what is considered on paper to be my ideal weight. But when I have been at that weight in the past, I don't look very well.
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Is this a bmi target ? If i tried to achieve my bmi i would be a rake ......
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

No I think BMI Target is about 80kgs and I look sick at anything below 90. He wants me at 96kg for Surgery healthy weight.
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •