Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole70

lol, I hope I don't ever get on Laurie's bad side, I can't say slaps appeal to me and I only have about a two inch gap above my fridge and don't think I'll fit, might get messy [emoji16]
  •  

Laurie

Wise girl
Quote from: Nicole70 on July 20, 2018, 01:58:08 AM
lol, I hope I don't ever get on Laurie's bad side, I can't say slaps appeal to me and I only have about a two inch gap above my fridge and don't think I'll fit, might get messy [emoji16]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

I went for my walk this morning and managed to achieve my goal of 8.21Km (Over 10,000 steps) which I managed in about 87 minutes. I was really happy with achieving my goal. :icon_geekdance: :icon_geekdance:

I do not like the body shape I see in the mirror as it reminds me far too much of the person who did inhabit this body so it has to go...If I work on the BMI for my height then my weight should be about 80kgs which is 10 lighter than my current goal weight but one thing at a time. As @laurie so eloquently put it earlier I am "...stubborn enough!" to get there. You bet I am....I can feel the Target of 90kgs moving....we will see.

More importantly my new handbag arrived today...yay...although, I have to admit something awful about myself, this is number 6...is that excessive??.....

Its quite big and the photo doesn't really do justice to the amount of room inside. Its made by Zapal should anyone wish to have a look at what other bags they have. I had a leather tote but I walk with a stick so that had to go over my shoulder if I wanted to do anything. Hence why I now have an over the shoulder/cross body bag got a free practical lesson from Meryl on how to wear it and why you wear it that way  :-*  :icon_flower: She is such a sweetheart  :-*

Next update will be after exercise and the Monday weigh in...going by previous weigh ins I should be somewhere in the 97kg range although I did step the exercise up and bring the carbs down(a bit at least) so maybe we might get a look at the target weight.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@ElizabethK
Dear Liz...  great update... keep doing your steps and working on your weight goals and you will be where you want to be before you know it.   Once you get motivated like you are, it will happen.  We will be continuing to follow your progress as you feel free to report it.   Yes, stubborn is a good word to describe fierce determination and focused will-power....  keep on keeping on.

I see that your new handbag arrived, looks very nice... I love all the zipper compartments... keeps you important stuff safe....   Are you happy with it?   Or are you thinking about more bags?
I switch regularly from roomy handbags, to clutch purses and sometime just carry a neck stap wallet pocket book.

What, you only have 6 handbags ? ???    I  have well over a dozen in a box in the closet that I can select from when my needs and moods change, which is often.  For my little black dress occasions which are somewhat rare in my neck of the woods I do have a cute little black patent shoulder strap clutch bag... very cute.

Yes indeed, I will be looking forward to reading your update after your Monday exercise and weigh-on... I am trusting and hoping that you will reach your goal.  Think positive thoughts!!!

Thank you for keeping your thread updated...
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Megan.

Liz, great progress on the weight, keep up that stubbornness! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

Very similar to my new bag, cavernous. Thought after walking up and down the high street many times (lost count!!) I would lose a bit . + 1 lb this morning??? WTH never mind .  BTW my upside down relatives are in Adelaide , my mums 2nd and 3rd cousins.   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 21, 2018, 03:07:42 AM
@ElizabethK

What, you only have 6 handbags ? ???    I  have well over a dozen in a box in the closet that I can select from when my needs and moods change, which is often.  For my little black dress occasions which are somewhat rare in my neck of the woods I do have a cute little black patent shoulder strap clutch bag... very cute.

Thank you for keeping your thread updated...
Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Danielle I feel so much better know that I am a novice when it comes to bags but as my transition progresses I am leaning the kinds of things I love and mostly they are nothing too fancy...a nice bag a nice fitting dress and shoes, nice lippy and great foundation, earrings to name just a few.

Thankyou for the kind words of encourage3ment regarding my weighloss it is speciel to come here na find such lovely words of encouragement.

Quote from: Megan. on July 21, 2018, 03:10:06 AM
Liz, great progress on the weight, keep up that stubbornness! X

Working hard on being stubborn!!! thankyou

Quote from: davina61 on July 22, 2018, 09:38:37 AM
Very similar to my new bag, cavernous. Thought after walking up and down the high street many times (lost count!!) I would lose a bit . + 1 lb this morning??? WTH never mind .  BTW my upside down relatives are in Adelaide , my mums 2nd and 3rd cousins.   

Never mind hopefully you lost that pound!! I didn't realise you had rellies here...Its a lovely place and really like living here. I travelled to many countries and stayed in many cities and I settled in Adelaide. Thanks

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Monday Update

Lets get the housekeeping out of the way Only 127 days 13 hrs and 40 minutes BWCA?  ;D

Out for my normal walk today and not really feeling like it much but got out there. I was aiming at 6ks this morning but when the run manager told me I had completed 6ks I was still a fair way off the car so I decided to keep going and eventually accomplishing another 8KM(5 mile or 10,000 steps). I certainly did not set out to do that amount but was enjoying the walk but then the challenge of 8ks was presented to me again and  seemed like a worthy prize. :D

So home again for the all important weight in.

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 15, 2018, 06:43:23 PM

....So the Challenge is on...I need to lose 1.8 KGs (4 lb) this week to make it into the 96kg range....Ideally I would like to lose 2.8kg (6lb) as this would take me under my goal weight of 96 kgs but I think that is a bit of a big ask...I will update again this time next week.

I weighed in at exactly 97kg so that is a loss of 1.7kgs. 1 kg till my first goal weight

When I jumped on the scales which are Electronic they flickered from 96 - 97kgs for nearly 10 seconds before settling on 97 even. There can't be much in it as it was having a hard time deciding on a final weight. I had a dam fine crack at my goal and got far closer than I thought I would. I still feel happy with the result and now only 1 kg until I smash my surgery target.

As I have begun to lose the weight I have been thinking about why I am so overweight and what the final goal weight really means for me. The weight I have left to lose is mostly from my belly. I am fairly slim in all other departments apart from this. This weight has been a symptom of my unhappiness for a long time. I did not care what I ate or how I looked after my body because I never really liked it because it wasn't female. I didn't really care what happened to it externally and whilst I was drinking couldn't have cared less what happened to it internally either. All this led to the weight I am now...but for the first time in my life I do care about my body...I can have a feminie shape if I want it and I do want it. I was standing in front of the mirror trying on a black skirt I got from ASOS. After trying it on I loved the materiel and cut but it looked odd and the reason was so very obvious...my big fat mans belly!!! I hate it. I want it gone! It is one of the few remaining physical things belonging to "him" not Liz!! He has left and is no longer running the show but unfortunately he has left some baggage behind...no mind I can see to it for him ;)

With all the weight I want to lose gone I will have a shape that I can work with...its at that point I will get my new wardrobe. My shape is odd at the moment I think (I am guessing)because any new fat deposits are going to where they would typically go for a female but all the old "male" deposits are mainly still there as well. I used to think that HRT moved the fat for you but my understanding is that it doesn't work like that unfortunately and HRT only deals with new fat storage. So by losing all this weight I am not only doing myself a huge favour health wise but I hope I am helping in the feminisation of my body. :o

Very slow week ahead without much on. I had a really busy day today cleaning the place for the week ahead and tomorrow will be a fair bit slower(thankfully) :) . I am really looking forward to seeing a girl friend and doing some macro photography at some point during the week. I came very close to buying a new Lens but think I will wait to try out my friends as she so kindly offered to let me use her macro lens so I can compare before I purchase. It may well be worthwhile me waiting a little longer so I am able to purchase the right lens and not have to buy and additional one to achieve what I want. Well its getting late and I have been trying to do this update now for 2 hours so am just going to go ahead and post  :D

Take care

LIz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Megan.

Nice update Liz,  and great work on the weight loss and exercise, keep it up girl!

I can totally relate to the mixed feelings about body shape, I'm in a very similar position. My thighs are certainly carrying more 'shape' [emoji16], but that darn belly area is one that really and increasingly causes me negative feelings; I'm not too happy in a skirt yet either for the same reason.

Hugs, Megan. X

•  

Cindy

I keep reading about Liz and her weight loss and I think she is going great.

But....

I'm finally back to 60Kgs!! I dropped to 40Kgs and I can now put on the clothes that I use to wear.

BTW I had a hot chocolate with Liz last week (she had some sort of skinny latte fake-drink thingy) and she is looking great. I had a hot chocolate in the same venue with her a few years before and lets say I was concerned.

I'm in awe of her resilience and determination and the physical and mental changes are incredible.

{Oh I lost all my belly fat but I do not recommend the diet at all ::)}

•  

Drexy/Drex

Keep going  Liz.... I'm having  to do the same....... But it will be worth it in the end

Your gain is what I need to lose Cindy 😉
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

KathyLauren

Congratulations on the continuing weight loss, Liz!  It sounds like you are doing great.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

sarah1972

Thanks for sharing Liz and congratulations on the weight loss!

I have to figure out what you did, I have about 10 kg I want to lose...

Stay strong and continue fighting for your goal.

Sarah

•  

Drexy/Drex

Liz I found a really great way to lose weight ....get a double tongue piercing!!!
The day after you can't eat anything and don't feel like it  ;D soup only.....
Btw that magic pill diet is working ...😉
I'm going to start walking too👍👍
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Megan. on July 23, 2018, 05:10:19 AM
Nice update Liz,  and great work on the weight loss and exercise, keep it up girl!

I can totally relate to the mixed feelings about body shape, I'm in a very similar position. My thighs are certainly carrying more 'shape' [emoji16], but that darn belly area is one that really and increasingly causes me negative feelings; I'm not too happy in a skirt yet either for the same reason.

Hugs, Megan. X

Thanks Megan

It struck me that I have a few significant hurdles to overcome for myself. One of which is happening very shortly and if I am not prepared to look after my body why am I bothering with any of it? I can fix this weight thing and I want too...not just from a health perspective but I genuinely am beginning to have a care for my body which for me is a big advance, lose a bit of weight, some proper fitting clothes and I am sure I will be a lot happier with my overall appearance.  :)

Quote from: Cindy on July 23, 2018, 05:30:01 AM

I keep reading about Liz and her weight loss and I think she is going great.

But....

I'm finally back to 60Kgs!! I dropped to 40Kgs and I can now put on the clothes that I use to wear.

BTW I had a hot chocolate with Liz last week (she had some sort of skinny latte fake-drink thingy) and she is looking great. I had a hot chocolate in the same venue with her a few years before and lets say I was concerned.

I'm in awe of her resilience and determination and the physical and mental changes are incredible.

{Oh I lost all my belly fat but I do not recommend the diet at all ::)}

Hi Cindy

I remember the meeting you speak of and I was terrified.

Thank you for the kind words but there is no way I am taking on your diet I like my head in just the position it is on my shoulders thanks  ;D

See you tomorrow  ;)

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 23, 2018, 06:32:05 AM
Congratulations on the continuing weight loss, Liz!  It sounds like you are doing great.

Thanks Kathy for taking the time to read and comment I really appreciate it. ;D

Quote from: sarah1972 on July 23, 2018, 10:04:29 AM
Thanks for sharing Liz and congratulations on the weight loss!

I have to figure out what you did, I have about 10 kg I want to lose...

Stay strong and continue fighting for your goal.

Sarah

Hi Sarah

The only thing I really did apart from the exercise was to stop eating cakes, biscuits, desserts, chocolate, ice cream etc etc and replacing these with healthier options such as fruit. I also modified my carb intake and reduced it wherever I could. The key is really the exercise as that is where the weight loss will come from, without the exercise the weight loss will take forever. I hope you are able to make the changes you need to, to be happy.

Thank you all for your support and kind words....I would like to look in the mirror one day and smile to myself instead of hiding as I now do. The more significant part of all this is that all this weight reminds me of "Him". This is his doing and he's gone and so should his weight. It will give HRT a better chance to redistribute the fat in the right places instead of being overwhelmed by 17 kgs of it.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

(tongue pierced) try glandular fever, lost a stone in a week as all I could eat was soup, maybe I should go on a soup diet??? Well done getting to your goal.   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

SNIPPED:
Quote from: ElizabethK on July 24, 2018, 04:00:28 AM
- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -
It struck me that I have a few significant hurdles to overcome for myself. One of which is happening very shortly and if I am not prepared to look after my body why am I bothering with any of it? I can fix this weight thing and I want too...not just from a health perspective but I genuinely am beginning to have a care for my body which for me is a big advance, lose a bit of weight, some proper fitting clothes and I am sure I will be a lot happier with my overall appearance.  :)
- - - - - - -
    - - - - - -
Liz

@ElizabethK
Dear Liz: One of the key things that is commonly known about females is that they generally take better care of their skin and body than males do.  Also women are much more observant and concerned about their appearance and how they dress... are the colors and patterns compatible, is ironing needed, do the shoes match, etc, etc...  not to mention makeup, nails, hair, jewelry, etc, etc.   
Women generally dress for other women, guys just tend to just only look at some of the obvious female body features.

A man will sometimes just pick up his wrinkled assortment of mismatched clothes off of the bedroom floor, throw them on, maybe, just maybe, run a comb quickly through his hair and be off and out and about.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Davina .....I think will give the fever a miss the tongue is bad enough...caught one of the bars with dental floss this morning.....grow
Liz keep up the good work I will be walking in solidarity with you come tomorrow
😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Laurie

Hi Liz,

Somehow your Monday update sounded awful familiar all except the last 5 miles and the weigh in results. It was deja-vu.
Congrats on the 197kg you will keep getting it lower. I have faith in your stubbornness. Keep it up.

@Cindy , I have tried that crash diet thing about 3 times and two of those I wound up missing internal body parts. I will back you in that " Do not try this at home" recommendation. Even doing it in a hospital setting is not recommended.

Hugs to you Both,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis