Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

7ks today was feeling ok but started developing a blister around the 6.5k mark and the 7k finished right by the car so the timing was perfect. Another 1km whilst satisfying could easily have meant me messing up my left heel to the point of having toi take a few days off. The days are getting longer here and it won't be long before it will be light for my 6am walks. Doing it at that time of the morning means I am back and ready to get into my day by 7:30 at the latest. Apart from that it sets me up for the day...gives me time to work stuff out of my system  :D

My Dad replied and said...sorry things have stalemated between you and your brother, can we talk tomorrow...I wrote back and said yes we can talk tomorrow. My father doesn't really understand yet that I don't need unsupportive people in my life. I have so many good people who love me for who I am.

Goals this week are to try and achieve 10k walk between now and Saturday.  Secondly I want to jump on those scales next Monday and see 94 something...I don't care if its 94.9 so long as its under 95....less carbs worked the last time so will try and keep an eye on them this week. I am also considering walking on Sunday to try and ensure I get a good result. We will see how keen I am on that by the time Sunday comes around  :D I need to get as much of this weight off as I can before the 22nd August when I have my first minor op as there could 7 days or more where no exercise at all will be allowed...If I can get through that week without putting on any weight I will be happy. So I thought I should make the most of things whilst able.             

Will update again in a few days...I am still plotting @Laurie and @Michelle P road trip via google earth which I will share with everyone once I work out how!! LOL till then...

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Nicole70

Good work Liz, hope your blister doesn't get any worse, you are doing great with your weight loss and exercise, I know what you mean about clearing your head and setting you up for the day, exercise does have that affect.

I hope you have a good talk with your father tomorrow and hit that 10k target.

Nicole
  •  

davina61

Looks like you have it sorted, just watch that heel . Maybe a protective plaster next time. Have lost 7lb (3 kilo?) in 3 weeks just by eating less .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Nicole70 on August 07, 2018, 05:32:41 AM
Good work Liz, hope your blister doesn't get any worse, you are doing great with your weight loss and exercise, I know what you mean about clearing your head and setting you up for the day, exercise does have that affect.

I hope you have a good talk with your father tomorrow and hit that 10k target.

Nicole

Hi Nicole

Thanks for the encouragement. The blister was too frightened to raise itself today LOL and it may have been because I had really wet feet yesterday!! I am not really looking forward to this call with my father as I doubt he is going to like what I have to say. He is in a difficult position...Whilst he is able to empathise with me he still has to speak with my brother and I can't imagine it is easy. I am going to make it really easy for him if I hit Sunday without some kind of positive response to my email(which I do not expect to get) then I will no longer have to deal with it anymore which in itself is a relief. After Sunday I will put the whole thing to bed.

Quote from: davina61 on August 07, 2018, 04:49:15 PM
Looks like you have it sorted, just watch that heel . Maybe a protective plaster next time. Have lost 7lb (3 kilo?) in 3 weeks just by eating less .

That's as 1kg per week which is really good. I aim to lose 1kg a week, I was told that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. You have certainly achieved a good steady result. Keep that up for the next few weeks and you will be at your goal weight before you know it. Congrats on the weight loss  ;)

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Early start today...Looked outside and whilst dark it was not raining and the Radar showed reasonably clear weather. Feet felt good the blister from wet feet yesterday had cleared up. I was at the park just on 6am and it was about 11c so not really cold at all. As I came into the last part of the walk my tracking app informed I had done my 7ks however I was in a spot to either do another 1km or take an easy finish...I did the extra 1km and here is me in all my glory

7:30 am after an 8k Walk

Comes complete with foggy glasses and water dripping off my nose because about the time I decided to go for the extra 1km it began to spit lightly but by the time I got back to the car is was chucking down!!

Skype call with my Dad soon...If anything positive comes out of it I may well post about that separately. I am not expecting anything to come out of it.
Other than that only boring mundane things today...got to go to the local chemist and maybe the supermarket...thats about the highlight of a very quiet day.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: LizK on August 07, 2018, 06:01:26 PM
Early start today...Looked outside and whilst dark it was not raining and the Radar showed reasonably clear weather. Feet felt good the blister from wet feet yesterday had cleared up. I was at the park just on 6am and it was about 11c so not really cold at all. As I came into the last part of the walk my tracking app informed I had done my 7ks however I was in a spot to either do another 1km or take an easy finish...I did the extra 1km and here is me in all my glory

7:30 am after an 8k Walk

Comes complete with foggy glasses and water dripping off my nose because about the time I decided to go for the extra 1km it began to spit lightly but by the time I got back to the car is was chucking down!!

Skype call with my Dad soon...If anything positive comes out of it I may well post about that separately. I am not expecting anything to come out of it.
Other than that only boring mundane things today...got to go to the local chemist and maybe the supermarket...thats about the highlight of a very quiet day.

Take care

Liz

@LizK
Dear Liz... thank you for keeping your thread up to date with your latest life happenings.   
Walking, jogging, or running in the rain and cool weather is so much better that doing it on a hot and bright sunny day.   Kudos to you for going the extra km.I trust that you skype call with your dad goes well.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with having a very quiet, boring and mundane day.... time for you to recharge and to let that foot/heel blister heal up.

Thank you for keeping your followers apprised of your day.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Kendra

Liz your "7:30 am after an 8k Walk" photo says so much.  Behind those foggy glasses your eyes show determination as nothing will stop you from reaching your goals.  Blisters, rain, errands to run and other distractions are less important.  And now you're inside, out of the rain and closer to your goals. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Kendra on August 07, 2018, 09:30:04 PM
Liz your "7:30 am after an 8k Walk" photo says so much.  Behind those foggy glasses your eyes show determination as nothing will stop you from reaching your goals.  Blisters, rain, errands to run and other distractions are less important.  And now you're inside, out of the rain and closer to your goals.

I also saw happiness!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

LizK

Quote from: LizK on June 29, 2018, 01:24:21 AM
Thought I would give a quick update after my Skype Call with my Father

So there you have it...I am surprised, happy, apprehensive , confused(pleasantly) and weirdly positive. I would be so happy if this was the start of better relationship between my father and I...unfortunately things have not always worked out that way in the past so it makes me wary. This time...maybe...

Liz

This post(above) is from June of this year which was out last Skype call

So I stayed positive hoping to chat with that same guy I spoke with last call, the one who showed great compassion and understanding, the one that gave me hope we might be finally on the right track...yeah that guy....

My mother was missing again and my Father said to me with a straight face that he had "forgotten to tell her"...poor guy, this is about the 4th time in a row he's "forgotten to tell her" or "she should have been back by now" maybe he needs some help with his memory.  ;)

The guy who told me I was his daughter and he would have to learn how to treat her etc etc he was gone the confrontational, aggressive misgendering and misnaming one,....he was back....I was right to be wary.

In some ways its a relief...part of me wanted to believe he had changed but deep down I don't think I really did. Maybe he had a temporary aberration bought on my watching a TV program.

Whilst I was upset immediately after the call, all I can feel now is relief. I think its because I know its over....I am probably going to take a break from most of my social media for awhile and get some real distance from them all,  I am probably just going to stay in touch with a few people. It would seem that keeping a distance from my family may give me the best relationship yet.

Quote from: Kendra on August 07, 2018, 09:30:04 PM
@Kendra

Right when I was about to have a full blown "pity party" along comes the delightful Kendra with one of her astute observations which makes this girl feel really good...Thank you Kendra you are a sweetheart.  :)v

Quote from: Jessica on August 07, 2018, 10:27:17 PM
I also saw happiness!
@Jessica

Yes there is a fair amount of that these days despite the normal junk we all go through. ;D

I saw your post the other day where you mentioned about me having a few issues after my name change last week...we I had one baffled admin and senior mod trying to work out what had a gone wrong...they got me back in as you can see but for some reason the password reset email was never actually either, triggered, not  generated, or binned by a server somewhere I don't know but I never got it but the system thought I had...I don't know...I eventually got the email then I was able to log back in so all good in the end LOL

Liz 
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: LizK on August 07, 2018, 10:42:24 PM
This post(above) is from June of this year which was out last Skype call

So I stayed positive hoping to chat with that same guy I spoke with last call, the one who showed great compassion and understanding, the one that gave me hope we might be finally on the right track...yeah that guy....

My mother was missing again and my Father said to me with a straight face that he had "forgotten to tell her"...poor guy, this is about the 4th time in a row he's "forgotten to tell her" or "she should have been back by now" maybe he needs some help with his memory.  ;)

The guy who told me I was his daughter and he would have to learn how to treat her etc etc he was gone the confrontational, aggressive misgendering and misnaming one,....he was back....I was right to be wary.

In some ways its a relief...part of me wanted to believe he had changed but deep down I don't think I really did. Maybe he had a temporary aberration bought on my watching a TV program.

Whilst I was upset immediately after the call, all I can feel now is relief. I think its because I know its over....I am probably going to take a break from most of my social media for awhile and get some real distance from them all,  I am probably just going to stay in touch with a few people. It would seem that keeping a distance from my family may give me the best relationship yet.
@Kendra

Right when I was about to have a full blown "pity party" along comes the delightful Kendra with one of her astute observations which makes this girl feel really good...Thank you Kendra you are a sweetheart.  :)v
@Jessica

Yes there is a fair amount of that these days despite the normal junk we all go through. ;D

I saw your post the other day where you mentioned about me having a few issues after my name change last week...we I had one baffled admin and senior mod trying to work out what had a gone wrong...they got me back in as you can see but for some reason the password reset email was never actually either, triggered, not  generated, or binned by a server somewhere I don't know but I never got it but the system thought I had...I don't know...I eventually got the email then I was able to log back in so all good in the end LOL

Liz

I pray that you won't abandon us here?!?
I definitely need a Liz fix when I need a Liz fix!

I'm glad it got sorta out.  It sounds above my pay grade and I feel relieved I didn't mess it up!

Hugs and smiles, Jess 🌸🌸🌸

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jayne01

Hi Liz,

I am sorry the Skype call with your dad didn't go as you had hoped. You have gone above and beyond with the effort you have put in to make peace with your family. There is nothing more you can do now. You need to do what is best for Liz and only worry about the people that truly care for you. There are plenty of people who love and accept you for who you are. (((Hug)))

On a more positive front, congratulations again on your determination to meet your fitness goals. You are doing so well, I have no doubt you will achieve any goal you set your mind to.

Thank you for updating us and I hope your absence from social media doesn't include Susan's. Who would provide us with the countdown clock, BWCA? [emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Well done on taking the xtra km than the easy finish..... That's the spirit  chic😉
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Liz.

I am sorry to hear that the call to your father didn't go well.  As they say, if something appears too good to be true, it probably is.  Well, at least now you know.

I am glad to hear that your exercise and weight-loss program is going so well.  Yay!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LizK

Thanks for the support ladies. No I do not include Susan's as social media and it is likely going to be the only place I post. I sent out a Facebook post today to a select number of friends letting them know that I am "taking a break" from social media. Later tonight or first thing tomorrow I will disable it. Just for a little while maybe 6 months we will see!...I wish to be "incommunicado" for awhile and this is just one of a number of steps I am taking...the last few months have once again been draining on me, my beloved partner and my girls. I am also going to do something about skype...not sure what to do with that as there are a couple of people I want to keep in touch with...I am sure I can find a creative solution.

More updates to follow but I wanted to say thank you to all you wonderful people who come here and help pick me up after yet another fiasco with my family...to you all I am eternally grateful.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Beautiful morning this morning...I set off about 6:15 in order to catch the sun coming up. The park is beautiful that time of the morning...no one around. I am wearing my 6 week old Nike 501's that I have been having trouble breaking in...4.3km into the walk and I have the makings of blisters again from them...if I keep walking I will end up with small blisters on each foot which will stop my walking all together. I was so annoyed as the sun was almost up, the morning was nice and I was feeling fit. So I jumped into the car, home, changed shoes and back to the park all within about 5 minutes...45 Minutes later I completed my 7ks.... :D Felt really good afterwards

I received a text yesterday from Cindy, did I want to go and do some photography...you betcha I did...This afternoon off I tootled to Cindy's, pick her up and she shows me where to drive to her local photography haunt. This just happens to be a huge wetland area full of ponds, trees, new plants and plenty of wildlife without having to look to hard, having a bit of local knowledge helped!!.

We strolled around snapping happily for a couple of hours until the day began to cloud over...from there a slow walk back to the car and back to Cindy's place but as we all know the rule is...

No photograph then it didn't happen

What a lovely way to spend the afternoon, fresh air sunshine and fabulous company. Finished the afternoon off with coffee and a few laughs. Enjoyed myself so much I am going to do it all again sometime next week.  ;D

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Liz,

Thank you for continuing to post here at Susan's. You and your immediate family are the priority. Do whatever it is you need to do for YOU. You have all of our support.

Great job with not giving up on your walk this morning. Going home to change your shoes and returning to the park to complete the walk shows true determination to achieve your goals. Well done!

And then rounding out the day with a photography session out with Cindy. Sounds like fun. Love the photo of the two of you. You both look fantastic! I'd like to see some of your macro shots if you wish to share any.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: LizK on August 09, 2018, 04:22:17 AM
> I am also going to do something about skype...not sure what to do with that as there are a couple of people I want to keep in touch with

Skype Privacy Settings.  Skype's default setting allows random people to find and contact you including junk calls.  This can be changed to only allow people in your Skype Contacts List to find and contact you.  If someone you don't want appears in your current Contacts List, right click or long-press provides options to delete.  You can also set Skype so it doesn't automatically sync with your email address book.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: LizK on August 09, 2018, 05:03:26 AM
We strolled around snapping happily for a couple of hours until the day began to cloud over...from there a slow walk back to the car and back to Cindy's place but as we all know the rule is...
What a lovely way to spend the afternoon, fresh air sunshine and fabulous company. Finished the afternoon off with coffee and a few laughs. Enjoyed myself so much I am going to do it all again sometime next week.  ;D
Beautiful picture of two happy ladies outdoors! Exercise, sunshine, good friends -- so important in leading a good life. I'm glad you can have those, especially in this stressful time.

As for blisters, I've been going through problems with those as well.  I find that good socks can make a huge difference.  I've also used Body Lube (a silicone-based lube, all the running stores sell it).  I hope you find a good solution.

All the best, Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

You both look happy!  I'm sure you had a great time taking photos and talking photography!

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@LizK
Dear Liz:
Thank you for posting your wonderful update and your terrific picture....  both you and your friend look quite lovely in that picture in the park.  It is always nice to be out with a friend... walking, talking, coffee, etc.  That really helps to take your mind off of other issues that you are dealing with.

Oh and good news about doing another 7Km.... blisters be damned!!!!
Take care of your feet, they are the only ones that were issued to you.

Thanks again for your happy posting.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •