Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

2 reprobates in the park, look out wardens coming ha ha!!! Looking good ladies hope the photos are good.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Completed my first 10k walk today. Tomorrow is supposed to be crappy weather wise so I thought I would take the opportunity to try and make it to 10km. Took me 1 hour 30 minutes to complete and a new personal best for pace. 9min 32sec per KM, very happy with that result. If tomorrow is ok then I may do a short 5km or similar, It was such a beautiful morning to be out and about and I really enjoyed it. I love that part of the day when I can think about things and if they upset or make me angry I can just push a little harder with my walk to take my mind off it.

I have removed myself from Skype(apart from a few friends), Instagram, Pinterest and finally this morning Facebook. I am fed up with social media and I do not wish to be contacted on those mediums by certain people.

I am limiting my families ability to impact me by restricting their access to me. I am now back in control as to how they will interact with me. Hell my Mother won't look at me and refuses to be on any Skype call forcing my Father to feel as though he should lie to me about the reason why she was missing...then yells at me about honesty...OY VEY!!!!.. Enough of that! ;D

Quiet day ahead, maybe my new Lens may even turn up but I suspect it won't be till Monday...I have plenty of stuff to photograph that we want to put up for sale..so that should keep me busy plus I have well over 600 photo from yesterday to go through... I will be a busy girl!!

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 09, 2018, 05:10:07 AM
Hi Liz,
Thank you for continuing to post here at Susan's. You and your immediate family are the priority. Do whatever it is you need to do for YOU. You have all of our support.
Hugs,
Jayne
@Jayne01

Hi Jayne

I took a break from Susans last year due to my Family and trying to deal with the ongoing rubbish that is my family relationship. I know who my friends are, I know who loves and respects me and its those people I will spend my time with. Many of those people can be found here. I had my oldest BFF call me last night, we have shared a 37 year friendship with up too 18 months in some cases between contacts but we always take up together like we had never been away. She had a bit of a health scare over the last few weeks and was calling all those people in her life that were special to her...I was really touched.

I want to spend my time with my own family and the friends I have here(also my family)....not those that would tear me down for their own bigotry. I may learned the hard way, but I did eventually learn, that when it comes to being trans and families....Blood is definitely not always thicker than water.

Take care
Liz

Quote from: Kendra on August 09, 2018, 09:51:45 AM
Skype Privacy Settings.  Skype's default setting allows random people to find and contact you including junk calls.  This can be changed to only allow people in your Skype Contacts List to find and contact you.  If someone you don't want appears in your current Contacts List, right click or long-press provides options to delete.  You can also set Skype so it doesn't automatically sync with your email address book.
@Kendra
Thanks Kendra,

I have followed your suggestions here and now have it sorted so I do not have to dump skype completely. Thank you so much for your help.

Take care
Liz

Quote from: RandyL on August 09, 2018, 11:10:44 AM
Beautiful picture of two happy ladies outdoors! Exercise, sunshine, good friends -- so important in leading a good life. I'm glad you can have those, especially in this stressful time.

As for blisters, I've been going through problems with those as well.  I find that good socks can make a huge difference.  I've also used Body Lube (a silicone-based lube, all the running stores sell it).  I hope you find a good solution.

All the best, Randy
@RandyL

Hi Randy

Thank you for the kind words and the compliment. Also I will hunt out this body lube to help with the blisters. As a result of todays 10k walk I have a couple of small ones. I know Meryl is heading out today so will get her to pick me some up. Thanks for the suggestion.

Take care
Liz

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on August 09, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
You both look happy!  I'm sure you had a great time taking photos and talking photography!

Judi

@Judiblueeyes

Hi Judi
Yes thanks we had a great time. It was such a beautiful day that it just made the afternoon that much more pleasant.

take care
Liz

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 09, 2018, 01:39:58 PM
@LizK
Dear Liz:
Thank you for posting your wonderful update and your terrific picture....  both you and your friend look quite lovely in that picture in the park.  It is always nice to be out with a friend... walking, talking, coffee, etc.  That really helps to take your mind off of other issues that you are dealing with.

Oh and good news about doing another 7Km.... blisters be damned!!!!
Take care of your feet, they are the only ones that were issued to you.

Thanks again for your happy posting.
Hugs,
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle

Hi Danielle

It was an absolute pleasure to be posting something nice. I have every intention of shifting my focus away from where it is and back to the people in this community who have shown me such great friendship.

The feet are an ongoing issue and I am taking steps to remedy this...

Take care

Liz

Quote from: davina61 on August 09, 2018, 03:22:07 PM
2 reprobates in the park, look out wardens coming ha ha!!! Looking good ladies hope the photos are good.
@Davina61

"Reprobates in the park" sounds like a cool name for a band although I suspect between Cindi and I we can probably manage a tamborine LOL...you want to join our band Davina? What can you play..piano?, guitar?, accordian? As far as photos goes a couple of hours this afternoon wil reveal everything...more than likly I will just fill up my pc's Trash

Take care
Liz

Lots of fun to be had and a bit of mischief never goes astray either

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

KathyLauren

Congrats on the 10k walk!  That is a very respectable time.

Congrats, too, on shutting down social media.  If it is causing aggravation, you don't need it.  Such a shame that your family is giving you grief: you don't need that either.

I like the photo of you and Cindy! :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Congratulations on the 10k walk Liz. Lookout world! Nothing is getting in the way of this girl achieving her goals.

Hugs,
Jayne

PS: what happened to the countdown, BWCA? I feel lost without an update...
  •  

Nicole70

Well done Liz,

Great achievement reaching 10k, and a good pace too.

Nicole
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 09, 2018, 08:52:39 PM
Congratulations on the 10k walk Liz. Lookout world! Nothing is getting in the way of this girl achieving her goals.

Hugs,
Jayne

PS: what happened to the countdown, BWCA? I feel lost without an update...

@Jayne01 How remiss of me!! My apologies  :laugh:

109 Days 15 Hrs 35minutes BWCA?  ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: LizK on August 10, 2018, 12:27:03 AM

Tick, tick, tick

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Drexy/Drex

That's a lovely photo of you both....I love that smile Liz you look so happy....
And ten Kms !!! Wow 👍 I thought 2 kms was a lot 🤔
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: LizK on August 10, 2018, 12:27:03 AM

Oh thank you Liz. I was feeling lost without the countdown. Wasn't sure if it was really you posting. [emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

LizK

Be careful of imposters..you want the real deal....Of Course [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

8 Ks again today...started a bit later due to trying avoid the rain...I didn't!!

Shout out to @RandyL for the great suggestion of lube...whilst I didn't get any I did come across some really useful information about how to avoid blisters in general. If I hadn't been looking for the lube I would not have found these suggestions which led to an even more successful workout that I was having. I didn't realise why the warmup was so important...the little reading I did tells me the warmup is done at a slower pace than workout but higher than resting, to use the immediate reserves of energy stored in the muscles...once this is depleted during the warm up you then increase your pace to bump up the heart rate which will in turn put you in an ideal situation to start burning off your weight...or so they claim. Besides all of that, it is better for you, than getting out and just going flat out because you are far more likely to have an injury.

The articles also talked about blister prevention. Double socked and with shoes tied differently, off I went. Just after the 4 km mark was the first shower and it was only light, lasting a few minutes. As I approached the most exposed part of the walk the second longest and heavier shower hit. I came into the last 2km with slightly wet clothes and having just wet my feet...If I have done enough blister protection then I should be ok...off I go to be drenched by the third and final shower which was shorter but twice as heavy as anything previous and soaked me to the skin. 2ks to go, wet from head to foot, I finish with my heels intact and having completed the last 2 kms with wet feet.

Sunday is a rest day....I have a few chores to do today and 600 odd photo's to review from Wednesday. So plenty to keep me occupied.

Take care

Liz   
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: LizK on August 10, 2018, 08:13:13 PM
...2ks to go, wet from head to foot, I finish with my heels intact and having completed the last 2 kms with wet feet. 
Yes!!! No blisters; yet another obstacle cleared from your path. Nothing gonna stop you now Liz!
All the best, Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

Jayne01

Way to go on another 8k Liz. So proud of the commitment you are putting into your fitness. Not even multiple rain showers and the threat of blisters is stopping you!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

Liz, Hi. you visited me and I haven't returned the favor. Truthfully, I have been reading it, I just hide in the corner as you go running by.

When Lori and I walk we do about 3.5 mi .. I don't run. I can't imagine running it.  :o
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

LizK

Hi Faith

Thanks for dropping by I appreciate it. I tend to read and post in threads where I feel kindred spirits and I certainly do in your case. 3.5 mile is roughly between 5 and 6 ks which is a nice solid 30-45 minute workout. The reading I have done recently indicates that walking is one of the better exercises for weight control. Keep up the good work!!
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: LizK on August 11, 2018, 04:59:20 PM
Hi Faith

Thanks for dropping by I appreciate it. I tend to read and post in threads where I feel kindred spirits and I certainly do in your case. 3.5 mile is roughly between 5 and 6 ks which is a nice solid 30-45 minute workout. The reading I have done recently indicates that walking is one of the better exercises for weight control. Keep up the good work!!

@LizK
Dear Liz:
You are quite correct about walking.....  aerobic walking at a pace that increases your heart rate for at least a half hour is very effective for weight control and general whole body exercise, and the other good news is that it is very low impact and is easy on your joints.

"An aerobic walk is one that is long enough and brisk enough to bring your heart rate up into the aerobic heart rate zone and keep it there for 30 to 50 minutes. This is a higher heart rate, between moderate and vigorous intensity. You will be walking very fast, breathing very hard and sweating"

If you do a google search for "Aerobic Walking" you will see a lot of hits for the benefits and methods of aerobic walking.

Thanks for your update posting and continuing on toward your goals.
I will be looking forward to following your progress and as I always have, following your thread and your postings.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

late reply but had a lot on, I would play drums in your band. Well done on blister prevention.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 11, 2018, 06:26:08 PM
@LizK

"An aerobic walk is one that is long enough and brisk enough to bring your heart rate up into the aerobic heart rate zone and keep it there for 30 to 50 minutes. This is a higher heart rate, between moderate and vigorous intensity. You will be walking very fast, breathing very hard and sweating"[/size]

Danielle[/b]

Thankyou for you advice Danielle, it is duly noted  ;D I will update shortly for the week and in that I will discuss my current stats and would be interested to hear your thoughts. I am walking fast and sweating but I am not what I would call breathing hard although my heart rate indicates differently.

Quote from: davina61 on August 12, 2018, 04:13:54 PM
late reply but had a lot on, I would play drums in your band. Well done on blister prevention.

To be truthful I can play a little guitar so that's Cindi on the Tamborine unless of course she is a secret heavy metal bass guitarist, me on lead guitar, Davina on the drums and what we need are some backup singers, we could call them the Reprobatettes and someone to play keyboard. I would certainly be open to other musical instruments for additional "tone"  as required. Maybe even a lead singer...anyone want to audition!! LOL

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Monday Morning Update

I said after last weeks weigh in and finally getting under my goal weight I said I wanted to be somewhere in the 94'kgs range and didn't care if it was 94.99kgs so long as it was under 95kg. I wasn't that confident on my chances considering I had a Malteser blow out on Saturday

....and Yes it was the bucket size :icon_redface: Whilst I didn't eat the whole bucket I had a fair few. My confidence was low that I would actually lose the 600 grams I needed to get there. Doing my weigh in this morning I was not expecting to be out of the 95's however much to my delight I weighed in at
94.1Kg(207lb) which is a weight loss of 1.5 kg (3.3lb)
:eusa_dance: :icon_dance::icon_geekdance: :icon_caffine:  :eusa_dance: :icon_dance:
I am ecstatic at the result, I never expected to lose that much and I can see if I am not careful I will have body image issues. I want rid of this weight around my middle however my understanding is that I am doing the best exercise for weight loss already so I just need to be patient...LOL not one of my stronger qualities.

I have been monitoring my stats and my resting heart rate is averaged over 5 recent reading to be 58. When I walk I have started to do a warm up that consists basically of walking at about average walking pace for about 3/4 of a km then beginning to increase the pace steadily until I feel at a pace my hip can tolerate and that I am still getting workout. Today for example I did another 8ks and my heartrate according to my Fitbit was 103 average and I was fat burning for a total of 1hr 9 minutes of my total 1hour 22 minute workout  and considering the first 10 minutes is warm up then I think I have the formula working pretty well.

Just an observation...I am a recovering nicotine addict and I have been clean since June of 2015. Today whilst out on my walk I came up behind a couple in their late 20's it must have been about 7am and they were strolling along smoking....When I got a face full of their second hand smoke I was surprised as to how offensive it really was. As I walked past them I could smell a hint of perfume coming off the woman but the pervasive smell coming from them both was one of stale tobacco...did I smell like that for most of my life?... I certainly did, I can't imagine that now.

I had some tough moments last week but it was all put into perspective by the wonderful mob of ladies from Susan's whom I was lucky enough to have a skype call with who were all together to Tia and Debi's wedding. Had a lovely time chatting with everyone and even got to say hello to the ladies of the moment. I would have expected to see some sore heads on the Sunday morning as those girls were ready to party. It was so great to meet the people behind the threads that I follow and some I don't. I was so envious of not being able to be there and meet each one of them properly.

I removed myself from social media leaving access to me via messenger, email or telephone so hopefully this will cause no one any problems. I have no doubt that some will be created because of this, I am sure my father will attribute this as some kind of backlash against him and I guess to a very a small extent he is part of the problem but not the entire problem. This pain created by them is going to stop one way or another.

Having another Photography date with Cindi later in the week depending on weather. I have a couple of projects I am working on as well but still waiting on my new lens...hopefully in the next day or so. I set my small light studio up the other day and it seemed to work pretty well giving me a nicely lit area to photograph small objects...just need a lens to do it now LOL. Other than that I have an LGBT group on Saturday if I want to go, A nice bunch of people and I probably will go.

Its just gone 9:15 and I have a heap of chores to do including going to the shops but will be back a bit later to hopefully catch up on everyones threads

Take care

Liz

106D 22hrs 3M BWCA?  ;)
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •