Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Hi Liz 🙋‍♀️ Just because you had your fair few of Malt balls, it most likely had nothing to do with your weight loss.  So they are not diet enhancers, just good attitude enhancers.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on August 12, 2018, 07:56:06 PM
Hi Liz 🙋‍♀️ Just because you had your fair few of Malt balls, it most likely had nothing to do with your weight loss.  So they are not diet enhancers, just good attitude enhancers.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

@Jessica  @LizK
My preferred "attitude enhancer" is usually chocolate but lately I have been craving Licorice.... 
....and today my choice is Licorice Allsorts.... 
I am now in the process of finishing off the entire bag as I read my book this afternoon.
Hugs,
Danielle 

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 12, 2018, 08:12:57 PM
@Jessica  @LizK
My preferred "attitude enhancer" is usually chocolate but lately I have been craving Licorice.... 
....and today my choice is Licorice Allsorts.... 
I am now in the process of finishing off the entire bag as I read my book this afternoon.
Hugs,
Danielle 

I don't buy liquorice allsorts anymore because, quite simply for me.... there is no such thing as 1 liquorice allsort

Proud of you girl  ;D

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica on August 12, 2018, 07:56:06 PM
Hi Liz  Just because you had your fair few of Malt balls, it most likely had nothing to do with your weight loss.  So they are not diet enhancers, just good attitude enhancers.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

Really?? (Looks confused more confused) But the correlation between Maltesers and weight loss seems so obvious. The week before I never had any and I had very average weight loss but this week as a supplement to my diet they have surely assisted in the end result. It may not be conventional but I think the empirical data I have provided helps my argument up stands for itself.....Doesn't it ::)  ;D

Taker care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: LizK on August 12, 2018, 08:24:55 PM
Really?? (Looks confused more confused) But the correlation between Maltesers and weight loss seems so obvious. The week before I never had any and I had very average weight loss but this week as a supplement to my diet they have surely assisted in the end result. It may not be conventional but I think the empirical data I have provided helps my argument up stands for itself.....Doesn't it ::)  ;D

Taker care

Liz

@LizK
Dear Liz:   
You may be on to something...  I find that if I eat candy it can curb my appetite for real food.   Like today for example...  I had a late lunch....
and I won't have dinner tonight because I have spoiled my appetite because
I have eaten an entire bag of Licorice Allsorts.

I am just figuring and rejoincing about all the calories I am skipping because I am not having dinner.   
Presto.... weight loss !!!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle @LizK

Quote from: LizK on August 12, 2018, 08:24:55 PM

Taker care

Liz

Okay, I think you and Danielle on on to something!
There should be put forth a science backed study, with one group having chocolate and Licorice Allsorts as a diet enhancement and one on a sweets deprived diet.
But that may have tainted results, as the ones without the sweets would most likely need to eat more to counteract the depression caused from the lack of joy in life.
For without chocolate (and Licorice Allsorts) where is the joy??

I volunteer for the chocolate group!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

I'm nearly done with my first course
(This is world class salt water taffy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Jayne01

CHOCOLATE!!!!! Who said chocolate?
  •  

LizK

Oh wow was it ever cold this morning..brrrr about 46 F or 8 C...I got out there and managed 7 ks and not that happy about it either to start off with...once I was warmed up I was fine.

Got a call from the Voice surgeons rooms today asking if I wanted an appointment for 2 weeks from now(originally told 3 months wait). I went ahead and have the consult on the 29th of this month where I assume we will discuss the procedure. I know very little about it other than for he will use a laser to shorten the vocal cords. I have been trying to train my voice on and off  for about a year but my top vocal point that I can obtain without strain or cracking is about 220, My voice therapist suggested I need to move that pitch by about 50 points to make it sound comfortably female. I have noticed that on the rare occasions I do get my voice right people are usually happy to go with my gender despite having some obvious tells. When in public I don't ever say much which is counter productive so I need to change this...and I will.

My New Lens turned up late today so will spend tomorrow learning how to use it. I am having a meetup with Cindi over the next couple of days. I have a couple of projects I want to work on as well. It could be awhile before I take anything I think is worth showing anyone so don't hold your breath!

I had been trying to decide which 2 of 3 things am I going to have done

Voice Surgery
Boob Surgery
Hair  Surgery

I am pretty sure I can 2 of those three so the question is which two...they all cause me GD the least being the hair(its still pretty good) I think I am leaning toward voice and boobs but if I can get my private health insurance to cover the voice then maybe I can have all three  ;D That is the plan I am trying to work to. 

More to come....

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

AnonyMs

If you get BA don't forget you probably need to replace them after 10+ years. Fat transfer is permanent, but limited in size.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Boob's maketh the woman 😉
What size you going for double f, S?
I'm very interested  in your voice surgery   .....anyway I hope you get all three 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Quote from: AnonyMs on August 14, 2018, 06:06:51 AM
If you get BA don't forget you probably need to replace them after 10+ years. Fat transfer is permanent, but limited in size.

Ok never ever thought about that...it will be problematic. I highly doubt I will have a spare 10k in the next 10 years to replace my worn out boobs...hmmm going to have to give that some more thought...I think it would be devastating to have had them for so long and then to find you were unable to replace them when needed...I can imagine it will play havoc with your self esteem.

I got your other link you sent, thank you...the more I read the more confident I am. My only comment is that this is the first time I have read where someone says their pain wasn't dealt with properly. The woman also had a history of "under medicating" which is as harmful as "over medicating"

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on August 14, 2018, 06:42:39 AM
Boob's maketh the woman 😉
What size you going for double f, S?
I'm very interested  in your voice surgery   .....anyway I hope you get all three 😊

I am narrowing down what I want but much of it depends on cost. I have to admit I think I would rather spend the money on Hair and Voice which are both, in part, sources for my GD. My voice is the big one next to GCS for me. I will keep you up to date as things progress.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: LizK on August 14, 2018, 05:20:05 AM
Oh wow was it ever cold this morning..brrrr about 46 F or 8 C...I got out there and managed 7 ks and not that happy about it either to start off with...once I was warmed up I was fine.

Got a call from the Voice surgeons rooms today asking if I wanted an appointment for 2 weeks from now(originally told 3 months wait). I went ahead and have the consult on the 29th of this month where I assume we will discuss the procedure. I know very little about it other than for he will use a laser to shorten the vocal cords. I have been trying to train my voice on and off  for about a year but my top vocal point that I can obtain without strain or cracking is about 220, My voice therapist suggested I need to move that pitch by about 50 points to make it sound comfortably female. I have noticed that on the rare occasions I do get my voice right people are usually happy to go with my gender despite having some obvious tells. When in public I don't ever say much which is counter productive so I need to change this...and I will.

My New Lens turned up late today so will spend tomorrow learning how to use it. I am having a meetup with Cindi over the next couple of days. I have a couple of projects I want to work on as well. It could be awhile before I take anything I think is worth showing anyone so don't hold your breath!

I had been trying to decide which 2 of 3 things am I going to have done

Voice Surgery
Boob Surgery
Hair  Surgery

I am pretty sure I can 2 of those three so the question is which two...they all cause me GD the least being the hair(its still pretty good) I think I am leaning toward voice and boobs but if I can get my private health insurance to cover the voice then maybe I can have all three  ;D That is the plan I am trying to work to. 

More to come....

Liz

If you do just two, make one the voice!  That is the the tell that is the hardest to conceal, and I think quite important to create a better picture of who you are, along with the confidence gained!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

LizK

Been walking each Morning this week although this morning was particularly unpleasant due to it being about 5c or 41F and overcast. I also had a terrible night with my hip complaining the whole night, giving me at best a few hours of broken sleep. I dragged my sorry backside out into the cold and pushed myself though 6ks. By the end of it I had pushed to far and too hard when I should have taken it a bit easier...oh well such is life. I am home warm and happy in the knowledge I made it.

Had a fairly quiet week with no appointments due until next week where I have a number leading into the last 2 weeks of the month. I Kick off with prep for the replacement of my Drug pump on Wednesday. That should be fairly straight forward but this is medicine so anything can and will happen. At worst I should have a headache for 24 hrs and be back walking again within 4-5 days so in effect by the following week things should be pretty much back to normal and I can resume my fitness regime for November.

I can feel a change coming over me in regards my GCS. It has been for so long just a "pipe dream" and I have had some difficulty getting my head around the reality that this is actually going to happen. After a lifetime of secret wishes, years and years of thinking about it in terms of "fantasy/dream/impossibility" it is now a reality. This "thing" I have wanted all my life is suddenly approaching at break neck speed and for a long time I think I was like a rabbit caught in the glare of headlights. I have to push past the strangeness of this reality and make sure I am prepared both physically and mentally. I have to change my mindset from "Gee I wish   could...." to the reality, this is no longer some abstract thought but the culmination of  a lifelong search to be who I am.

When I think about GCS I have no feelings of "should I" or "shouldn't I" these were put to bed, now after many months of beating myself up thanks to @Happy Moni, @Cindi @Laurie @Dena @Michelle_P, @Anne Blake @Mariah @Kendra @Drexy/Drex @Jessica @davina61 @jayne01 @alaskan danielle.... just to name a few of the many people who helped me answer this question for myself over the last couple of years. If I have missed anyone then I apologise....there were so many of you that helped me as I struggled. Each and every one of you have played an integral part in my final decision to go ahead. It  is no longer a question for me. I have far more concerns about the initial 24-48 hrs post surgery than of any other part. With my secondary conditions this could be very unpleasant.

I could not say that I was excited to have surgery, certainly I am excited about the result but not the surgery nor the recovery. I would like to skip over that bit...I am a bit of a woos, I hate hospitals and am a bad patient...or I was... I don't know what it is about hospitals but they used to bring out the worst in me. Being an x nurse didn't help.  ;) But I am committed to changing this. I am a much different person than I was last time I was in hospital ( just as well) so I think I will manage.

Will update again on Monday after the weekly weigh in

Take care
Liz

102D 22H 13M BWCA?  :laugh:
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica on August 16, 2018, 06:18:09 PM
If you do just two, make one the voice!  That is the the tell that is the hardest to conceal, and I think quite important to create a better picture of who you are, along with the confidence gained!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

I am very keen on the voice, The guy I am seeing is very, very, experienced and is on call for any of the big name singers who come to Australia. He is passionate and compassionate about helping the Trans community and his expertise in the larynx is second to none, I have been told, I don't think I could not be in better hands.

I agree with your summation and to be honest after @AnonyMs point about them needing replacing after 10 years has really put me off. I doubt I would have the money then which could lead to all sorts of issues. I am still thinking about it but at this stage voice has hit the top of the list.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: AnonyMs on August 14, 2018, 06:06:51 AM

This is a valid concern, but the upside is technology and experience with materials has improved over time.  The pair I had installed last month include a lifetime warranty against rupture and other issues.  I'm under the impression a decade is a minimum and they might last much longer than that.

But more important, Liz you're relentlessly continuing exercise and good habits as you aim for your goals.  I am sorry to hear your hip hurts.  Its possible with continued weight loss your hip might improve.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Yes the voice is the most important  .....for me it is like the holy  grail  ,
Wow its all happening  for you.... So pleased.... 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Liz,

Thank you for the honest report of your feelings leading up to your surgery. For those of us, such as myself, where GCS is still a "maybe in the future" thing, your posts give plenty to think about.

I also love your determination to achieve the goals you set for yourself. Whether it be working towards a weight loss goal or "beating yourself up" (as you put it) trying to decide what is right for you regarding GCS, you put in the hard work to get the results you desire.

Looking forward to more of your updates.

Hugs,
Jayne

Quote from: LizK on August 16, 2018, 06:58:31 PM
Been walking each Morning this week although this morning was particularly unpleasant due to it being about 5c or 41F and overcast. I also had a terrible night with my hip complaining the whole night, giving me at best a few hours of broken sleep. I dragged my sorry backside out into the cold and pushed myself though 6ks. By the end of it I had pushed to far and too hard when I should have taken it a bit easier...oh well such is life. I am home warm and happy in the knowledge I made it.

Had a fairly quiet week with no appointments due until next week where I have a number leading into the last 2 weeks of the month. I Kick off with prep for the replacement of my Drug pump on Wednesday. That should be fairly straight forward but this is medicine so anything can and will happen. At worst I should have a headache for 24 hrs and be back walking again within 4-5 days so in effect by the following week things should be pretty much back to normal and I can resume my fitness regime for November.

I can feel a change coming over me in regards my GCS. It has been for so long just a "pipe dream" and I have had some difficulty getting my head around the reality that this is actually going to happen. After a lifetime of secret wishes, years and years of thinking about it in terms of "fantasy/dream/impossibility" it is now a reality. This "thing" I have wanted all my life is suddenly approaching at break neck speed and for a long time I think I was like a rabbit caught in the glare of headlights. I have to push past the strangeness of this reality and make sure I am prepared both physically and mentally. I have to change my mindset from "Gee I wish   could...." to the reality, this is no longer some abstract thought but the culmination of  a lifelong search to be who I am.

When I think about GCS I have no feelings of "should I" or "shouldn't I" these were put to bed, now after many months of beating myself up thanks to @Happy Moni, @Cindi @Laurie @Dena @Michelle_P, @Anne Blake @Mariah @Kendra @Drexy/Drex @Jessica @davina61 @jayne01 @alaskan danielle.... just to name a few of the many people who helped me answer this question for myself over the last couple of years. If I have missed anyone then I apologise....there were so many of you that helped me as I struggled. Each and every one of you have played an integral part in my final decision to go ahead. It  is no longer a question for me. I have far more concerns about the initial 24-48 hrs post surgery than of any other part. With my secondary conditions this could be very unpleasant.

I could not say that I was excited to have surgery, certainly I am excited about the result but not the surgery nor the recovery. I would like to skip over that bit...I am a bit of a woos, I hate hospitals and am a bad patient...or I was... I don't know what it is about hospitals but they used to bring out the worst in me. Being an x nurse didn't help.  ;) But I am committed to changing this. I am a much different person than I was last time I was in hospital ( just as well) so I think I will manage.

Will update again on Monday after the weekly weigh in

Take care
Liz

102D 22H 13M BWCA?  :laugh:
  •  

Jayne01

Liz, love the new profile pic. You look fantastic! Your fitness plan is working very well for you.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 18, 2018, 08:28:05 AM
Hi Liz,

Thank you for the honest report of your feelings leading up to your surgery. For those of us, such as myself, where GCS is still a "maybe in the future" thing, your posts give plenty to think about.

I also love your determination to achieve the goals you set for yourself. Whether it be working towards a weight loss goal or "beating yourself up" (as you put it) trying to decide what is right for you regarding GCS, you put in the hard work to get the results you desire.

Looking forward to more of your updates.

Hugs,
Jayne

Hi Jayne

I really meant what I said about the people I named...each and every one of them has said something to me at some point that had an impact on me arriving at that decision. It may not have been anything directly said about GCS but maybe something was clarified for me or an idea took hold for exploring another part of myself. It s amazing how the strangest things put you unexpectedly on a path to the next place in your life. In my case it was trying to remember the number of times through out my life I had wished I was born a girl or that feeling was so intense to make me want to scream in frustration.

When we had a birthday in our house we got a birthday cake with candles to blow out with the tradition being you got to make a wish when you blew out the candles and then again when you cut the first piece of cake....I wished to be a girl every year from about the age of 7 till about 16 then sporadically from then on...that doesn't take into consideration  the number of times when I could not stand it any longer and I would cry in frustration about the feelings I had. These memories in part helped cement that decision for me. I speak only for me...this surgery is right for me and something I have thought about and wanted all my life, I just never believed it could happen.

After wracking my memory for weeks and weeks I never did stop remembering instances where I made that exact wish. Many of the memories did not involve much in the way of details so it was just about impossible to put a number on. What I did know is that from about the age of 6 or 7 it was a common theme with me....many of my day dreams involved how I could be the girl I was...maybe a disaster scenario, a flood or a serious disease that would trake every one out and leave me alone in the world to a girl.

Eventually I gave up trying to quantify it as there were just too many memories of me wishing it to happen. This surgery is something I have wanted all my life and once I recognised that then I understood this opportunity cannot be let slip as I may never get another. At some point I had to say Yes or No...in my case I have always wanted this and a few short term fears won't stand in the way of the goal. I wanted to do it for me and how it will make me feel. It won't impoact anyone else apart from me.

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 19, 2018, 01:46:11 AM
Liz, love the new profile pic. You look fantastic! Your fitness plan is working very well for you.

Hugs,
Jayne

When I saw this recent pic today flicking though my photo's I so delighted as I could clearly see "her" and not "him" for a chnage which prompted me to put it up in the first place!!

Take care

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •