Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

I would suggest you don't start your calls with the dirty limerick, but then again, maybe that is a sign to them that you are still the same you. Okay, I will adjust my image of you, remove that halo and install devil horns. Check!
Moni
Happy Anniversary
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Hopefully a short update here. I had my latest two hour (3rd) session with my electrologist yesterday. because I requested to be called laurie when I made the appointment, that is how she addressed me during the entire session. I must say it was nice being called Laurie and treated like any of her other female clients.  ;D
  But on to the electrolysis work itself. I prepared as has been suggested. I made a conscious effort to drink more water to be hydrated in the days before the session. I did not drink any coffee or have any other caffeine. I took two ibuprofen about 30 minutes before, and slathered an area of my face with EMLA cream  one hour in advance of the appointment and another area after I arrived covering both with plastic wrap. In other words I prepared as I should.
  This session however proved to be more painful from the start.  The EMLA cream in my opinion was less effective than the Aspercream I used for my first session. I felt her working more right from the start and after 30 minute was once again clenching and gritting my teeth. Before she was done with the first hour  I wanted to inquire how much longer I had to go in the first area before she was done. The hour was finally over and she moved over to the newly prepped area on the other side of my face. It was more of the same if not even a bit more painful. She started to hi an area on my cheek that I did not treat and in short order I had to request she move back to the treated area. It HURT!  Almost the same sensation on both side this time and like I said it definitely hurt more.
  It could be the areas she chose to work on I guess. She worked on the areas below the corners of the lip in about a 2 inch section. These areas are two of the spots that I never seem to be able to shave close enough as I always feel the stubble no matter how many times I go over them. There were several hairs she have to zap more than once before they would come out..
  On FB I described electrolysis to a friend as having repeated bee stings over a period of time and each a bit more intense. That turned out to be a very accurate description for this session. I also left the session with my electrologist expressing concern as my face had developed red blotches all around my mouth even in areas she didn't touch. After returning home the redness did subside fairly fast. It may have been caused by the EMLA cream and I will test another area today to see if it happens again.

OUCH!

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

KathyLauren

The area around the lip is extremely sensitive.  No matter what you do, it's going to hurt.  And, when the electrologist wipes the Emla cream off to work, that area loses the numbing in about two minutes.

When my electrocutioner wants to work there, she tells me to include the small area around the lip where she wants to work, and then a larger area nearby.  The idea is to include a small sensitive area and a larger less sensitive area.  At the beginning of the session, she wipes off the sensitive area and then works quickly on it.  After a couple of minutes, or when I start to wince too much, she then moves on to less sensitive areas for the rest of the hour.

I can't imagine doing a two-hour session.  And, when she gets to my upper lip, I'm doing to need dental shots to get it seriously numb.

I find that listening to music in headphones helps me a lot.  I can zone out a bit and not pay too much attention to the stings.  I still feel them, but I am not paying attention to them.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

davina61

Feel for you , that's the thing I am not looking forward to as have 0 pain threshold. Thing the NHS offer laser so don't know if that's less painful? All that pain but look at the gain, got to be worth it. XXX D
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

I will keep that in mind Kathy, thank you. This time she was not working at the lip line but the area directly below the corners. except for the one time she moved up onto the cheek into area are that wasn't treated and I had to call a stop to it there.  Two hours is a long time yes. Last time she worked on the area a bit above my right lip corner and over towards my nose after the numbing had worn off and it wasn't too bad.

This time was a bit more uncomfortable, enough that once we were done she said she through she heard me gritting my teeth a few times. I didn't think I was doing it that hard.

Hugs Kathy and better sessions in the future. I feel your pain... LOL

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on August 03, 2017, 02:14:35 PM
Feel for you , that's the thing I am not looking forward to as have 0 pain threshold. Thing the NHS offer laser so don't know if that's less painful? All that pain but look at the gain, got to be worth it. XXX D

It better be worth it! And I'm not just talking about the monetary cost.

Hope your is less painful than you anticipate Davina.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Kendra

I have done many hours of both and can say laser is definitely less painful than electrolysis.  I did quite a bit of electrolysis because the results are what I want for my particular hair type. 

The pain levels from both methods depend on body area - some areas are not bad at all for either one.  Some areas can be yeeeeouch but it does go fast.

The entire time you are there, think about how great the results will be.  Take the hours involved, divide that into the years you will enjoy the results, it's a tiny fraction and more than worth it.  Be smooth. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Gertrude

I wonder how it compares to having tattoos done. I've spent 3 hours under the needle twice and that was all I could stand. I had a laser removal once that lasted 15 minutes and it was on par with 3 hours under the tattoo needle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Gertrude on August 03, 2017, 06:41:59 PM
I wonder how it compares to having tattoos done. I've spent 3 hours under the needle twice and that was all I could stand. I had a laser removal once that lasted 15 minutes and it was on par with 3 hours under the tattoo needle.

Sorry Trudy, I cannot give you an answer to that question as I have never had a tattoo and do not believe I ever will. Not because I think there is anything wrong with it. It is just a personal preference of not wanting to do something so permanent to my body.  LOL that sounds funny to me as I look down at two growing mounds on my chest.

I think I can now give yoiu an answer about the effectiveness of EMLA cream wth 2.5% lidocaine and 2.5% prilocaine and Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine. My preference I think would be the Aspercreme as I think it numbed me a bit better and lasted a little longer. I have only properly used each once and this is my personal opinion and subject to change as I have more sessions. Both wear off before the hour is up and doing electrolysis without numbing does hurt more. I may experiment with prepping and covering multiple areas so each can be worked on before the numbing wears off completely. I am also going to go with 3 1-hour sessions over a 3 weeks period each month.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Laurie on August 03, 2017, 07:56:42 PM
  Sorry Trudy, I cannot give you an answer to that question as I have never had a tattoo and do not believe I ever will. Not because I think there is anything wrong with it. It is just a personal preference of not wanting to do something so permanent to my body.  LOL that sounds funny to me as I look down at two growing mounds on my chest.

I think I can now give yoiu an answer about the effectiveness of EMLA cream wth 2.5% lidocaine and 2.5% prilocaine and Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine. My preference I think would be the Aspercreme as I think it numbed me a bit better and lasted a little longer. I have only properly used each once and this is my personal opinion and subject to change as I have more sessions. Both wear off before the hour is up and doing electrolysis without numbing does hurt more. I may experiment with prepping and covering multiple areas so each can be worked on before the numbing wears off completely. I am also going to go with 3 1-hour sessions over a 3 weeks period each month.

Hugs,
   Laurie
If I had the money I'd get all of them removed. They are the result of he, not she.

•  

Kendra

Over 200 hours of electroloshock here, baby!  Fifty more and I'll glow in the dark.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

gv2002

I'm looking forward to that! :-( lol
I'm hoping that has gotten you close to done? You can tell me? Did you do any of it your self? I was thinking about buying a mid level machine and do as much as I could! Buy some (bucket) numbing cream! Maybe hooking up with another transitioner to do more difficult parts till I need a pro to do the intimate parts! Have any suggestions? (Shelley)

•  

Laurie

Quote from: gv2002 on August 03, 2017, 10:43:21 PM
I'm looking forward to that! :-( lol
I'm hoping that has gotten you close to done? You can tell me? Did you do any of it your self? I was thinking about buying a mid level machine and do as much as I could! Buy some (bucket) numbing cream! Maybe hooking up with another transitioner to do more difficult parts till I need a pro to do the intimate parts! Have any suggestions? (Shelley)

She has to be asking you Kendra. I have only 5 hours so far so it cannot be me. Go for it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

jentay1367

Quote from: Gertrude on August 03, 2017, 06:41:59 PM

Unfortunately,  tattoos are a walk in the park in regards to pain relative to electrolysis. Maybe everyone's different though. That's how I felt about it. Kendra is right ....totally worth it...in spite of all the ouching.
  •  

Laurie

Hi Lisa,

I LIKE your new avatar picture. You look very nice in it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

jentay1367

Thanks Laurie. That's very sweet of you to say.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on August 04, 2017, 12:24:36 AM
Thanks Laurie. That's very sweet of you to say.

Who is being sweet It is the best avatar picture I have seen for you.
  You look good lady.

Laurie

•  

amandam

Quote from: Gertrude on August 03, 2017, 09:34:12 PM
If I had the money I'd get all of them removed. They are the result of he, not she.

I've had all of mine removed. The pain isn't bad with the way they do it now with the cold air. When I first could afford it, I needed injections for pain.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Laurie on August 04, 2017, 12:16:36 AM
> Hi Lisa,
> I LIKE your new avatar picture. You look very nice in it.
I hate to admit when Laurie is right - and she is right! 

All my electrolysis was done by the same professional, Shelley Barouh in Seattle.  Currently board of directors for the American Electrology Association and was their president for many years.  She has trained quite a few other electrologists.  Every part of the process went exactly the way she predicted - she knows hair.  If there weren't enough reasons to root for her she has many transgender clients, MTF and FTM.  (Some FTM procedures involve a skin graft which needs to be permanently clear of hair.) 

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Kendra on August 04, 2017, 01:21:23 AM
I hate to admit when Laurie is right - and she is right! 

All my electrolysis was done by the same professional, Shelley Barouh in Seattle.  Currently board of directors for the American Electrology Association and was their president for many years.  She has trained quite a few other electrologists.  Every part of the process went exactly the way she predicted - she knows hair.  If there weren't enough reasons to root for her she has many transgender clients, MTF and FTM.  (Some FTM procedures involve a skin graft which needs to be permanently clear of hair.)

Hi Kendra,

Of course I'm right. That's just a given (for this statement)

But what of gv2002's question several posts above?

Hugs,
   Laurie