Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayna

Hey Laurie,

Sorry I've been away. I don't like to check in and find you saying that 3 1/2 hours is a normal night's sleep. You're not letting this Moderation gig consume you so you don't get outside for your walks, are you? You need that "me" time, and I don't mean sleeping with nightmares!

As others say here (often) you have a big heart with a lot of love in it. You freely slather it over many of us, to our benefits. Save some for yourself too. We all benefit when you benefit.

Take care, love
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on October 16, 2017, 11:41:14 PM
Hey Laurie,

Sorry I've been away. I don't like to check in and find you saying that 3 1/2 hours is a normal night's sleep. You're not letting this Moderation gig consume you so you don't get outside for your walks, are you? You need that "me" time, and I don't mean sleeping with nightmares!

As others say here (often) you have a big heart with a lot of love in it. You freely slather it over many of us, to our benefits. Save some for yourself too. We all benefit when you benefit.

Take care, love
Randy

Hi Stranger,

Thank you for the advice. Were it that simple. You've missed a bit. To get the story you would need to back up to my entry on August 27th. It's a long story but to shorten up a bit. My world has gone to hell and my therapist wants me to see a psychiatrist to get put on antidepressants if they deep it necessary. If they ever call me to make an appointment I will go talk to them and see what they say. lol simply put I've got issues. Of that there is no doubt. Lack of sleep is but one symptom.
  I hope all is well with you and Jacqui. Please tell her hi for me.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Erratic sleep continues to be about 3 hour naps at irregular times. This works out well for me to bother Liz all night... well my night but her day. for example I took a nap around 7pm yesterday evening and was up again a bit before 10 watched some TV and got back on the computer and bothered Liz until 5am this morning at which time I took another tried to take another nap. I think I fell asleep about 5:20 or so only to be waken by my phone about 7:45am.
   Now here's the good? part... I wasn't quite ready to be awake but managed to see it was the VA calling so I answered it. It was the scheduler for the mental health group calling to schedule and appointment with the psychiatric people for assessment of my current state of mind and possibly a prescription for an antidepressant. I almost scheduled the offered Nov 6th but them woke up enough to asked if there was something sooner mentioning I had already been waiting  for 2 weeks. He then offered  Oct 24th which I took. All the time he referred to me as Leonard. So much for adding an alias to my VA info and disappointment in that the MHD has been the only group to be using Laurie for me consistently. I did correct him at the end of the call.
   This week I only had electrolysis schedule and that was yesterday. I prepped and arrived just before noon only to discover I was 2 hours early. Sigh. Back home I  ate lunch, looked at Susan's for a bit the reprepped my mustache area this time using Aspercreme. (4% lidocaine) I recovered it and arrived on time about 5 minutes early. I didn't feel as numbed as I had been with the EMLA cream I had used earlier. She worked on my upper lip for the hour again and there is definitely signs of bare spots now. This is the 3rd hour exclusively on the upper lip. It did hurt quite a bit again, more so that last time and it brought tears to my eyes again.  Halloween will be the 4th hour spent  thinning the upper lip forest.

That's about it for an update on me. Life continues with it's ups and downs but mostly a numbness prevailing. Perhap today will be better.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

Wow, an hour on just the upper lip? She would need a bucket with how runny my nose gets doing the upper lip! Glad to hear you were able to get your appointment for mental health care. I have found that I get deadnamed a lot in the healthcare process; it's so frustrating! I think I am going to start on the legal name change soon so that there is no reason for confusion. Hope you're well, Miss Laurie J! Thinking of you always!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Thanks Patti, Yes this was my 3rd hour session on the upper lip and  more to go . I want it done.. It does hurt but when it is done the rest will be easier. As far as using my legal name is concerned it hasn't bothered me that much but I'm finding I prefer Laurie more .
   Hope all is well with you girly girl. How I wish I had your youth. sigh.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

All is...okay. I made a Facebook profile (yay!) but I keep getting locked out of my account and asked to provide a picture of myself to verify my identity (four times now!). I have had to appeal to Facebook twice to turn my account back on, and yet another time the picture I uploaded was accepted for some reason instead of their rejecting me. At any rate, today I thought it was turned back on for good & I friended a good number of people, but sadly it got shut back down again. I am getting a little frustrated / worried that this will keep happening to me forever, hence rendering Facebook a somewhat unreliable service for me. At any rate, it's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.  :-* Patti
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Patti

What seems to be the problem with FB? Why is it locking you out?

•  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Nothing much happening here. Just killing time before my appointment with the shrink on Tuesday. Early yesterday afternoon found me snoozing at the keyboard for several minutes again. That's my clue that is nap time again so I headed for my bed but took another  muscle relaxer pill hoping to sleep longer. The relaxing/ knock out phase takes quite awhile to kick in so in less that 3 hours I was up again as usual. I spent some time reading posts but getting more tired all the time. Eventually I hit the rack again. I was up one more time for a bit I think (I wasn't really here lol) but went back to bed and slept from then to 7 this morning waking several time but going right back to sleep. So I should be well rested. Instead I feel groggy and thick headed. One positive is my daily headache is gone for the moment.
  All in all it was a good way to waste another day. Not sure why it matters or even if it matters.

Laurie

•  

p

Thanks for the update, Laurie. It matters to me how you spend your days  :) I hope your appointment on Tuesday goes well.
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Hi anyone still reading these updates. I thank you.

Yesterday, I was having a pretty good day, even responding to posts with responses that weren't forced or without any substance as I feel I've been doing for weeks. It felt good to be actively participating again. This lasted into the night until talking with Liz (I do this a lot) and we were discussing going forward from where we are in our transition today. I'm proud of the way she has taken obstacles to her moving forward and found solutions for them to arrive at the point where all she next to do next is to make a phone call and get her GCS scheduled.
   Unfortunately and naturally it got me talking about my own situation. I not sure where I am going. I am not sure I can move forward. I am of course on HRT and will continue. I am having electrolysis done, and will continue. I have just begun voice therapy, and will continue. And I am getting therapy, and that too will continue. But that is as far as I can see my transition going. I cannot even get a name change done for legal issues. There is one question on the form that if I answer honestly will throw a monkey wrench into the works. I keeps me from even trying because lying will also get me in trouble.
   Talking to Liz about it got me feeling bad and open that dark hole I am prone to crawl into from time to time. In short I had another short melt down. I jump right into that hole of wretchedness and spiraled right down to near bottom. I hate myself. Down to where I feel  I no longer want to be here. Down to where I want all my anguish and hurt and tears to go away. Down to where I want to go away and never return. There's one more level to the bottom and I haven't gone there yet. That last step is final, yet it is tempting. It can be the end of all my pain. I've there once. I chickened out that time. I'm afraid one of these times I will go there again and not stop until I'm at peace.
   I know I sound like a drama queen and I hate that too. It didn't last long last night before I got a hold of myself again and got my emotions under control, dried my tears and sucked it up again. Apologizing to Liz. I feel awful with the crap she sees from me.  I get angry, I cry and wallow in self pity. I curse and rage. And through it all she helps me. Talks to me. Makes me think and sees things about myself. Sometimes she gives me hope.
   Tomorrow I go see a shrink. I don't want to, but I have to. I can't keep on like this. Either they can help me or I'll end up dead at my own hands. Tomorrow morning I'll talk to the psychiatric nurse practitioner and listen what she has to say. I am afraid of what that may be but short of locking me up (I have seen police there a few times) I'll do what she suggests. My appointment is at 8:50 and at 9:00am. Why they gave me two times I don't know. So by 10am I should know the verdict.

Wish me luck,
   Laurie

•  

Devlyn

You won't create peace, just a bunch of shattered lives.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Megan.

I'm sure many read your posts,  sometimes with joy at your happiness,  sometimes sharing your sadness.
You are loved and valued by many here,  and your absence would be difficult to bear for many including myself.
As always,  feel free to contact me if you need to talk. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Megan and Devyln

Thank you both for replying. Please note I don't feel that bad all of the time. In fact most of the time I don't. Even when I feel bad I don't go there but occasionally something triggers it. It wasn't for very long last night and it usually isn't. But it does happen and it is a bad place to be.
   I keep my depression hidden elsewhere pretty well. My sister has no idea. She's never seen me crying over nothing. Though we live in the same apartment we pretty much live alone. On the other hand Liz has seen it the most. She's seen me melt down many times. As dismal as this thread has been it hasn't shown all of it. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have posted my last post. It doesn't help anyone. It doesn't help me.

•  

Megan.

Hiding your feelings from your friends certainly won't help,  that is the one piece of advice I can give from bitter experience.
Good or bad,  up or down,  we want to hear. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Laurie, I'm still here and still listening. And still caring. Don't hesitate to post what's going on. Nobody here is going to abandon you. Liz has the background to help you that most of us don't, but that doesn't mean you can't keep us up to date.

I've been encouraged by your more frequent and helpful posts lately. That's the real Laurie I know. Betcha that shrink knows how to help, so listen to the good doctor.

Steph(anie)

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

The Flying Lemur

Hey, Laurie, I haven't read your whole thread, but I've seen your last few posts and things sound awful.  I'm really sorry you're going through all this.  I'm on disability for depression and go through some really dark times myself, so I feel like I know where you're coming from.  I'm not sure how your dr's appointment went, but I'd like to advise you to advocate for yourself in the mental health system.  It can be really hard to do when you don't feel good, but in my experience it's the only way to get help.  Only a very few, lucky people get an effective doctor and treatment regimen on the first try.  Most have to try more than one medication level/type and sometimes more than one doctor.  Antidepressants take time to work, so you have to be patient, but don't be too patient.  If you've been on a medication for a few weeks and it's doing little or nothing for you, start insisting that the doctor make alterations.  Don't be afraid to "bother" them by calling and giving them updates on how you're doing.  Monitoring your mental health is their job.  Most important, please don't get discouraged and give up if your first try at medication isn't successful.  Keep at it until the clouds finally break.  Your life has value and is worth saving.

Since I don't work, I'm around a lot if you ever need to talk.  PM me any time you like.
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. --Joseph Campbell
  •  

davina61

Darling I hope you have found some help, don't stop posting your feelings no matter how "bad" they are, just putting them down helps (we it helps me) , been missing the "road trip" Laurie  so lets hope she comes back soon (if you see what I mean ) . Wish I was better at righting (and speeling) what I want to say,much better speaking face to face so if your like me  a good talk with the doc should do you good, have my fingers crossed XXXXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

Laurie, we really care.  Here's to having a good doctor visit tomorrow and more positive thoughts.  I think about ya a lot. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Good evening everyone,

And  a hi to Ben, thank you for the advice. Thank you to the rest of you. Your responses show me that you all care and as some of you know for me it is a problem. Though it is a problem for me I want you to know I do not want you to stop as I need that too. It is one of the reasons I haven't responded until now. another is that I don't know how to process people caring about me. I think I crave that caring but at the same time I don't feel worthy of it. I think this is at least in part because I feel I have ruined and lost everything I held dear in my life. So it is my coping mechanism to push people away when they get too close. Just trying to write this response is taking me a little while and I now am in tears and have a headache. If that isn't enough it is thoughts like these and talking about these feeling that can cause that dark hole to open below me that I fall into and spiral down the more I dwell on it  That is how it was last night talking with Liz. It doesn't necessarily take much to send me in that death spiral. Time to switch subjects.
   Deep breaths. Blow the nose. Wipe away the tears.
  Today I've felt pretty good and this evening I told my sister I had an early appointment explaining I need to get up early so I can be ready and leave in time for my 8:50 appointment. When she ask what this appointment was for I responded that  they wanted me to see a shrink and left it at that. She doesn't really question me much about my appointments. I guess she figures if I wanted her to know more I would tell her. I don't. She knows nothing of my being depressed. I plan of keeping it that way.
  Anyway it's been a pretty good day. I am not sure what I feel about my appointment  tomorrow. I do not know what to expect, and I am not looking forward to it. I'll find out  in under 9 1/2 hours. I will be there and I will talk to them openly and with honesty.
  It will likely be no big deal, so no reason to let my thoughts go wild.

Hugs,
   Laurie