News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Jane Emily on March 20, 2017, 11:59:37 PM
Also sending good thoughts. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Thanks Jane, Me too it will be my second visit with my gender therapist. I have a couple things to talk over with him.

Ohhhhh You mean at my daughter's, of course you do. Sorry.  Yes, Jane I do so hope it goes well,. I'm liable to be a basket case if it doesn't but I'm not going there. I'm sure you can tell I'm doing okay at the moment. I think I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to start with and where my story should flow from there. Now all I need worry about is the execution.  I've been told I can weave a pretty good story about myself during my AA days when I had the opportunity to be the speaker. You may have gotten a glimpse of it in some of my posts. I have the outline in my head and the words will come. It should even be somewhat coherent.

Yes, I think I am ready to do this. Thank you for your help, Jane and all the others here that help me also.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: ElizabethK on March 21, 2017, 12:23:08 AM
Hi Jeanette

You really have got an exciting day ahead for all sorts of reasons. I really hope this goes well for you. You have given a large portion of your life over to looking out for everyone else and fulfilling commitments. I absolutely understand this, its now time for you...for your part in life...they are not losing you but gaining all of you. I can attest to one thing when your head is not so full of dysphoria, guilt and self hate there is room for other stuff...like a full range of emotions.

Enjoy the drive, sing some songs, have some fun so you are happy and as upbeat as you can be when you arrive. If you see and express this as a positive thing then the chances are, they might see it the same way

Hugs
Liz

Thank you Liz
   I hope you read my last post to Jane. I HAVE A PLAN !  lol  I'm not sure I like this kind of excitement Liz. I am surely not looking forward to it. I not sure I can pull off happy, upbeat or positive. I'm more known for my negativity and anger. I don't think either of those will apply tomorrow either.  But I can do Honesty. I can tell my story as I know it. All of it as I understand things now. I'll start with how much I love them and how proud I am of them as the loving parents they are for their children. Then I'll start talking about myself growing up crossdressing. It's a subject my daughter and I have never had though I am pretty sure she knew of it. It may be news to her husband or it may not be. I'll explain how I had a love /hate relationship with it and how it was something I could not stop. About this time I'll ask if they've heard of gender dysphoria and if they know what it is. I'll explain what it is and that I have it. I will then try to give them examples of what it was like for me growing up with 5 sisters wanting what they had. I'll explain that the reason I don't like Christmas to this day.That I never got the pretty things I always wanted and never would. Instead I had to watch my sisters get those things. How I got my own pretty things when I got older and lived with the shame and guilt knowing I was a pervert and yet loving every minute I was dressed as as a girl/woman. The purging and rebuying.   I'll tell them I'm getting  therapy, and have told all my doctors. I'll tell them about starting HRT meds without a second thought and not regretting it. I'll tell them it feels right.  I'll tell them I love the boobs growing on my chest, how just looking at them in a mirror makes me happy.
   I'll tell them how hard it was for me to come tell them and the fear I have that it will ruin everything. I'll tell them again  that I love them. I'll tell them that I'll leave if the need to think it over and come back if that's what they want when they are ready or stay away if that is their choice but I need to do this for myself. I'll tell then I am doing it with or without their blessing even if it means I never get to return.

See Liz? I do know what I want to say and tomorrow I will have my say. For better or worse. I am Jeanette.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

Shy

Thinking of you Jeanette, whatever you choose to do. Just be honest, loving and open, that's all you can do.

•  

JeanetteLW

Hey Shy,

Thank you for your support. can you come hold my hand this afternoon?  last night I was so confident about what I need to do and what I am going to say. This morning not so much.  :(  I think I'm really going to need that session with my therapist this morning before heading up to my daughter's place. I don't feel so convince  this morning. The doubts has come back again. 
   I am still resolute about having that talk with her but my story doesn't sound all that convincing like it did last night.
Dang I hate these ups and downs. Maybe I'll feel better about it before I get there. :(

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

Shy

Quote from: JeanetteLW on March 21, 2017, 09:22:34 AM
Hey Shy,

Thank you for your support. can you come hold my hand this afternoon?  last night I was so confident about what I need to do and what I am going to say. This morning not so much.  :(  I think I'm really going to need that session with my therapist this morning before heading up to my daughter's place. I don't feel so convince  this morning. The doubts has come back again. 
   I am still resolute about having that talk with her but my story doesn't sound all that convincing like it did last night.
Dang I hate these ups and downs. Maybe I'll feel better about it before I get there. :(

Hugs,
    Jeanette

Will a cyber hug from across the pond do?
Take your time girl, go at your own pace. You only have to make first contact with a few words, if that's what you want to do. There will be plenty of time to talk when the dust settles.
With me it all just came flooding out in a confused babble of a new language I'd invented called "genderish". So probably not the best to advise. These are very personal journeys, so I don't want to influence you one way or the other, just offering my support and best wishes.

Peace and love and all that good stuff.

Shy
  •  

jentay1367

Quotecan you come hold my hand this afternoon?

In spirit we are, Doll! All of us are right behind you. Warn em' that you'll sick your >-bleeped-< army on em' if they give you any trouble... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  •  

p

Keeping you in my thoughts today, Jeanette! Love, P  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

theqnoumenon

I hope it is going well Jeanette, go for it! <3
  •  

jentay1367

Has anyone heard from Jeanette? I'm getting a bit concerned. I would think she would have been in touch by now? ???
  •  

Rayna

They're all partying together ;) Or we could hope, anyway.

Love you Jeanette. Be who you need to be.
Love
Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

JeanetteLW

Hi everyone,

I'm back home now. Thank you all for the support and concern. I did really have a good way to make an update because I only had my phone with me and though it is a smart phone it's operator isn't. I don't really have it setup to access forums. I was able to get the update on Cindy that her operation went well and they they they got it all. That was such good news it helped cheer me up a bit. Then  when I tried to comment on her post I ran into password problems and mess it all up to where I couldn't even read things any more.  :(

Well, I did have my talk with my daughter and son in law.  The good news is they didn't throw me out and I stayed for supper, tucked in my 2 younger monskers as I always do. There is always lots of giggling and laughter as I tuck almost all their covers underneath them more of less in mummy fashion then grabbing their shoulder to admonish them to "Go to Sleep" while bouncing them a lot. Then I tell them when I snap my fingers they will be asleep.(of course they insist they won't) Heading out the door I hit the lights and snap my fingers. I think it works because I never see them until the morning.  I think you have figured out I did stay the night.

Okay, okay that's not what you want to hear about. I had a difficult getting my speech started as I had to cry before I could talk. I did get started though and they listened quietly to all I had to tell them. They were somewhat relieved that the news was nothing that the had been fearing. Evening though I had told them I "wasn't dying yet" they were sure I was going to tell them my cancer had returned and "yet" meant I wasn't going to be around much longer. I supposed I should have do a better job dispelling possibilities.
   Somewhat relieved didn't mean they were happy. Shocked and blind sided are probably more apt words. No, they do not accept my explanations and reasoning, feeling that there must be another cause to account for all my past and present symptoms. Something else that explains my past drug use, alcoholism, anger, feeling of failure in being a dad and husband, my lifetime of crossdressing and now thinking I am trans.  They don't accept it nor will they support it.  We did have a pretty long talk about all this and I must admit their theory has merit. Their offered solution however I cannot accept. At this late date I cannot believe in a religious solution. I've been down that road and could not bring myself to commit to it.  They are aware of how I feel and I of theirs, we have a working truce when it comes to religion.
   Anyway like I said we had a good discussion and at least for now nothing has changed other than they will talk to the kids explaining about me and what I am doing. The repercussions for the future they couldn't say as they need more time to talk things over among themselves and think it over.  As for myself I think I have some thinking to do also. Where I go from here I really don't know.

Thank you all
  Jeanette

•  

HappyMoni

It is a very emotional time for her. I just hope the emotions are happy ones. She is such a sweetheart.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

jentay1367

QuoteWe did have a pretty long talk about all this and I must admit their theory has merit.

What's their theory, Jeanette?
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: jentay1367 on March 22, 2017, 06:41:36 PM

What's their theory, Jeanette?

Jen

I'm sorry if it wasn't clear.  They feel they cause of all my "problems" is something else entirely. Possibly something from childhood. She feel my sibling and I all have life issues possibly from a dysfunctional family. Possibly because my dad was a career Navy man and gone a lot leaving my mom to raise all of us kids.  She could be right.
  She is also of the opinion a gender therapist is going to find gender issues to treat.

Jeanette
  •  

jentay1367

Well, I don't want to sound glib, but I'm of the mind that there are two types of family dynamics, Dysfunctional and delusional.  The whole Leave it to Beaver, Father knows Best and Donna Reed thing were a massive lie perpetrated on an ignorant public that was looking for normalcy after a brutal Depression and horrific War. So what you really have is an honest perspective of growing up in America...many don't or as I pointed out, are too delusional to deal with that fact.
     As to your second point? Your Gender Therapist has no vested interest in you being Trans or Not. None. If they do, they're unprofessional and have completely violated their Hippocratic oath. So no, that's totally incorrect, totally.
     At any rate, this is your life, your decision and your path. You have to decide first, who you are. You'd pointed out to me you're Jeanette in a previous post. You may not actually have that one internalized yet. If you do come to that conclusion and actually believe it, then you have to decide whether you can live your authentic life or whether you'll allow others to define it for you. It's only a decision for you to make. But first and foremost, you must know what you want. Without that, you're a rudderless ship. You can't get where you're going without a destination in mind first. I'm really sorry your people don't have your best interests at heart. Perhaps they feel they do, but that doesn't make it so. I hope only the best for you. That means I want you to get what you want. When you figure out what that is, you can create a road map and head for wherever that may be. All my best to you always, Jeanette!
  •  

JeanetteLW

Jen,

I am at a loss for a response. What you say is true. I don't think I had a bad childhood. I feel like I'm adrift in a bathtub at the moment. I told them I don't think what i'm doing is wrong and stop see myself stopping.

I don't know atm I just don't know. and it sucks

Jeanette
  •  

jentay1367

You are armed for your next visit to your Therapist. There's plenty of beans in that broth now....I think you'll get your money's worth next session. Till then...give your brain a rest. That's my suggestion as a friend. And if you're really thinking things through? Think them through in drab. Dressing will only cloud your judgement right now and in my opinion, not in a good way. If you're a woman?....... you're a woman in men's jeans and a t-shirt too.
  •  

HappyMoni

Jeanette,
   I am not saying anything bad about your relatives here. I hope you will keep in mind that this is very new to them. It is not something people typically deal with so they probably have little background to go on. If I was hit with this out of the blue, I would be scrambling to come up with an explanation. That may, for them, not be based on factual information. You may have to guide them to those facts. Stay strong with what you know, what you feel. I am glad you are on here talking because the people on this site know the facts of being trans. Remember, first reactions are not always indicative of how things turn out.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

JeanetteLW

Thanks Jen and Moni,

I do know I am not stopping my meds in a knee jerk reaction. I do need to do some more thinking.

I had a good meeting with my gender therapist before going up to my daughter's place. I felt good. We talked about my little mirror meltdown. He said I needed to accept myself as Jeanette and was calling me Jeanette. We talked about my plans to talk to my daughter and that I am who I am regardless of how they react.
  I kind of liked him calling me Jeanette though it sounded  kind of strange. I don't have any problem saying "Hi, I'm Jeanette" here on this forums and like you all calling me Jeanette.  But hearing it is a different thing.

Jeanette
  •  

HappyMoni

Jeanette,
   I can think of you as nothing but "Jeanette."  I enjoyed hearing you talk about your 'monskers.' Very sweet!
Moni

]
  •