Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: vicki_sixx on April 19, 2017, 03:12:10 AM
It's really weird but for years I always though bags were a hindrance to women and loved the fact that men have pockets whilst women don't (on dresses & skirt) or only very shallow ones on jeans (mainly present for decoration only). I thought it was unfortunate that women need to cart bags around all the time but having done it myself, I must say it's fantastic and not at all as ball-and-chain as I envisaged. Now, only now, do I understand why women can have everything including the kitchen sink in their bags!

Count me as an original sceptic...I have 3 bags now and looking for my fourth...that probably tells you how I fell about them now :D... When I first started buying womens clothes I just thought I needed to be more attentive to find the stuff with pockets...we all know how that ended up. LOL I just need a bigger bag now...by the time I get my makeup in there isn't much room for anything else.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

My mum gave me a large handbag , its brown soft and has 3 zipped compartments in fact its large enough to be a over night bag . Best bit is its nicely used and has a long shoulder strap. Have a posh black one I found in the sales that goes with my best outfit.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Janes Groove

It's fun (and instructive) to notice the different ways women carry different types of bags too.
  •  

p

Oh gosh, what a rude awakening from your alone time! Hope you are coping OK readjusting to your sister and having your nephew over. Thinking of you  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: p on April 19, 2017, 04:56:30 PM
Oh gosh, what a rude awakening from your alone time! Hope you are coping OK readjusting to your sister and having your nephew over. Thinking of you  :-*

Thank you p.  Yes I managed to cope with the inconvenience okay. I survived.

My nephew left this morning and it didn't take me long to add a bra under my drab attire. Tonight will be my first chance since my sister came home to dress completely and be myself. I was really surprised by how much I miss dressing the way I like when I liked while my sister was in the hospital. I was even enjoying the excitement of the challenges I accepted from you terrible people, even though it was terrifying at times. I mean the nerve some of you displayed in cajoling and goading me to get out and do something . Sheesh! Pushy people!  Thank you.

Anyway, it's back to normal around here. Soon I will be in a dress again and perhaps a bit of makeup and a wig to boot.  Oh by the by, I ordered me another dress for target yesterday. It's a bright pink floral spring dress. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Hugs to everyone,
   Jeanette
  •  

LizK

Do I detect a change...not worried about your sister...pleased you are not but curious as to what has changed?

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: ElizabethK on April 20, 2017, 10:28:05 PM
Do I detect a change...not worried about your sister...pleased you are not but curious as to what has changed?

Liz

Sorry Liz I see I was not clear. When I said things are back to normal I meant I will wait until my sisters has gone to her room for the night then I will be able to change into the clothes I like.

I am going to tell her about me soon though. Once I find my courage again. Now I remember hiding it somewhere around here....
  Oh well, I'll find it eventually.

I hope your day was a good one Miss Liz.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 20, 2017, 10:34:51 PM

Sorry Liz I see I was not clear. When I said things are back to normal I meant I will wait until my sisters has gone to her room for the night then I will be able to change into the clothes I like.

I am going to tell her about me soon though. Once I find my courage again. Now I remember hiding it somewhere around here....
  Oh well, I'll find it eventually.

I hope your day was a good one Miss Liz.

Hugs,
    Jeanette

My day is great...best thing to happen...I woke up!! After that ..well its all gravy!!! Seriously though I have had a good day, went over shopping for food today, even put a bit of makeup on...gasp yes I did its true. I am totally ID less and Card less as they are all getting replaced with the exception of a prepaid credit card that I loaded up to use while my new stuff came. My wife is heading off to see her mother in a small country town only about 3/12 hrs away but she will be there for the weekend and back Monday some time...go some prep to do for her...Just had a box of new clothes arrive from Target...all fairly boring stuff some big sloppy t-shirt and leggings, plus 3 winter nighties. SO I need to try that on and put it through the wash as well...busy girl that's for sure  :D :D

Liz   
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Shy

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 20, 2017, 07:27:58 PM
  Thank you p.  Yes I managed to cope with the inconvenience okay. I survived.

My nephew left this morning and it didn't take me long to add a bra under my drab attire. Tonight will be my first chance since my sister came home to dress completely and be myself. I was really surprised by how much I miss dressing the way I like when I liked while my sister was in the hospital. I was even enjoying the excitement of the challenges I accepted from you terrible people, even though it was terrifying at times. I mean the nerve some of you displayed in cajoling and goading me to get out and do something . Sheesh! Pushy people!  Thank you.

Anyway, it's back to normal around here. Soon I will be in a dress again and perhaps a bit of makeup and a wig to boot.  Oh by the by, I ordered me another dress for target yesterday. It's a bright pink floral spring dress. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Hugs to everyone,
   Jeanette

I promise no more pushing, cajoling, arm twisting, prodding, banner waving, laying it on thick, sweet talking for at least another week ;D
Enjoy your new dress Jeanette, along with a well earned rest.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

JeanetteLW

Evening everyone,

Well, my sister Karen knows. The sister I live with. I talked to her tonight. She tells me that she is okay with it if it is what I want. Come to find out she knew of my wearing women's clothes.
  It seems my Mom told her long ago. And that didn't bother her. She said that if I wanted her to know I would tell her some day. I didn't know my Mom knew for sure but I suspected as much as before we divorced my ex did a pretty good job at trying to sabotage me by telling everyone she could that I indulged in  crossdressing. Even going so far as to come to my work and telling my supervisor.

Anyway, another one down and I should have a little more freedom to be me. Not full freedom as I still have nephews, a nephew's wife, an aunt and uncle who do not know as yet. Not to mention my neighbors that I don't really know. the maintenance man I see and talk to fairly regular and the manager for the apartment complex. So I still have exposure concerns. But at least I don't need to hide from my sister anymore.
  (lump in throat and teary eyed atm)
   Progress

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 21, 2017, 10:03:17 PM
  Well, my sister Karen knows. The one I live with. I talked to her tonight. She tells me that she is okay with it if it is what I want. Come to find out she knew of my wearing women's clothes.
  It seems my Mom told her long ago. And that didn't bother her. She said that if I wanted her to know I would tell her some day.
Congratulations, Jeanette!  I'm so proud of you for facing yet another obstacle and putting it behind you.  This is going to free you for a much more normal life -- outside your bedroom!  Even if not full time, you should be able to relax in your own home now.
Love, Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: RandyL on April 21, 2017, 11:12:50 PM
Congratulations, Jeanette!  I'm so proud of you for facing yet another obstacle and putting it behind you.  This is going to free you for a much more normal life -- outside your bedroom!  Even if not full time, you should be able to relax in your own home now.
Love, Randy

I agree this should help me into a little more freedom here at home. I don't want to overwhelm her though so I see a gradual progression of becoming more open with her seeing the real me.
  •  

Shy

Wowzers Jeanette, what wonderful news. You got me tearing up now girl.

Sadie.
  •  

Cindy

Evening everyone,

Well, my sister Karen knows. The sister I live with. I talked to her tonight. She tells me that she is okay with it if it is what I want. Come to find out she knew of my wearing women's clothes.
  It seems my Mom told her long ago. And that didn't bother her. She said that if I wanted her to know I would tell her some day. I didn't know my Mom knew for sure but I suspected as much as before we divorced my ex did a pretty good job at trying to sabotage me by telling everyone she could that I indulged in  crossdressing. Even going so far as to come to my work and telling my supervisor.

Anyway, another one down and I should have a little more freedom to be me. Not full freedom as I still have nephews, a nephew's wife, an aunt and uncle who do not know as yet. Not to mention my neighbors that I don't really know. the maintenance man I see and talk to fairly regular and the manager for the apartment complex. So I still have exposure concerns. But at least I don't need to hide from my sister anymore.
  (lump in throat and teary eyed atm)
   Progress

Hugs,
    Jeanette

It always strikes me how our deepest and darkest secrets are so often not very deep and certainly not secret and as for dark? Well admitting that you are a lovely human being who has fought a lifetime struggle against nature is not dark, well in my opinion at least.

I have read so many times on this Forum, people quoting friends and relatives saying to the new fledgeling "Oh I've known for ages, I was wondering when you were going to admit it."
The next comments that arise are so often along the lines of: "Your eyes are so much alive these days - you look so happy, it is so lovely to see."
You realise what fear has robbed from you and you realise the gift that acceptance has given you: the world is brighter and the path is clearer. Yes there is a long way ahead and no doubt tears and more fear, but it is a lesser fear and most of the tears will be those of Joy and Happiness.

Congratulations Jeanette :-*

Now. It has taken me a few days to get my pain levels balanced, the same old story that you would know so well.  Stitches, scars, severed nerves and tissue were having a fight to see who can dominate me, you would think by now my body would have realised that I don't give in and to just acquiesce to what I tell it to do.

With the in mind; when are we heading off for a make-over? Maybe the afternoon before dinner with a few girl friends?
  •  

LizK

. ...She said that if I wanted her to know I would tell her some day....
Hugs,
    Jeanette

Since this is the person you live with, I would say its a pretty big deal, you can play it down all you want but I know how big of a deal this is for you... Fantastic, it wasn't that long ago you were talking about it being a long time before you ever told your sister....and now you are out to her with full permission to begin living your authentic life... there will be others you want to tell and I am sure this will give you the confidence to continue to move forward.

Well I guess you are going to need to fill out that wardrobe of yours especially when you go for your make over...was that early next week you were going to do that  ;)

Congrats
Hugz
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Jeanette!  It is wonderful that you have the acceptance of your sister and some freedom to be yourself.  It is quite an accomplishment to have summoned up the courage to face your fears and say what you needed to say.  Well done, sister!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Michelle_P

Cindy wrote:
QuoteWith the in mind; when are we heading off for a make-over? Maybe the afternoon before dinner with a few girl friends?

Squeeee!  Makeover!  So, what will it be?   Ulta, Sephora, or MAC?    Sephora does a freebie with a $50 purchase, which is nothing makeup-wise.  Ulta will give you the works in a one-on-one tutorial for like $40 at the local shop. MAC likewise does tutorial makeovers.  Oh, and there are so many nice restaurants nearby!

Want me to call and book the appointment for you?   ;D

And of course that standing invitation to go out with the DV Girls as my guest is still good.  We take over that high end consignment shop on the first Saturday after the first Monday of every month.  I scored a gorgeous high waist white leather jacket there last time, along with great pull-on JAG boot-cut jeans and a lovely fitted Calvin Klein black blazer.  Or Just dinner and company on the first and third Monday of each month...

Oh, we're going to have so much fun!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Shy on April 22, 2017, 03:32:54 AM
Wowzers Jeanette, what wonderful news. You got me tearing up now girl.

Sadie.

Thank you Sadie. LOL no need to cry about it. It's a good thing.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Cindy on April 22, 2017, 04:34:21 AM
It always strikes me how our deepest and darkest secrets are so often not very deep and certainly not secret and as for dark? Well admitting that you are a lovely human being who has fought a lifetime struggle against nature is not dark, well in my opinion at least.

I have read so many times on this Forum, people quoting friends and relatives saying to the new fledgeling "Oh I've known for ages, I was wondering when you were going to admit it."
The next comments that arise are so often along the lines of: "Your eyes are so much alive these days - you look so happy, it is so lovely to see."
You realize what fear has robbed from you and you realize the gift that acceptance has given you: the world is brighter and the path is clearer. Yes there is a long way ahead and no doubt tears and more fear, but it is a lesser fear and most of the tears will be those of Joy and Happiness.

Congratulations Jeanette :-*

Now. It has taken me a few days to get my pain levels balanced, the same old story that you would know so well.  Stitches, scars, severed nerves and tissue were having a fight to see who can dominate me, you would think by now my body would have realized that I don't give in and to just acquiesce to what I tell it to do.

With the in mind; when are we heading off for a make-over? Maybe the afternoon before dinner with a few girl friends?

Thank you Cindy for the good words again. Though my mom and sister never let on that they knew of my crossdressing, I had my suspicions that they might. I had a good idea my ex might have told my parents before we split because after I was helped from my home she did her best to tell everyone that knew me including work. As for my sister Karen, I didn't know Mom had told her. I thought it was my little sister Franki, That probably spilled the bean, I used to live at her house for a bit and she caught me en femme one day. It was okay with her at that time. SHe used to come here to visit and drinks alot staying up late yacking with Karen in her bedroom.
   Karen also told me she thought I liked girls things when we were kids because I let my sisters, okay I requested, they dress me up as a girl for Halloween a few times.  Sometimes the secret is in our own minds.

I'm sorry you are battling those post surgery travails and yes I know of them well and can commiserate with you. I must say I admire your attitude in the face of adversity. You are an example to us all here.

Hugs,
     Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: KathyLauren on April 22, 2017, 06:18:36 AM
Congratulations, Jeanette!  It is wonderful that you have the acceptance of your sister and some freedom to be yourself.  It is quite an accomplishment to have summoned up the courage to face your fears and say what you needed to say.  Well done, sister!

Thank you Kathy. I admire you for your courage and dedication to becoming the woman you are in the eyes of those around you. Keep showing us newer girls how it's done.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •