News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

Hey girls, 

This is Laurie.  I tried talking that Jeanette into going to have a makeover. I even browsed for a place she could possibly go to have it done. Alas there was no such place. Besides she said she's putting her foot down and is not going to give into those pushy nags Mon eeee and Liz. She says "Me go out in the light of day dressed up in women's clothes and makeup and go into a beauty salon or the cosmetic department in a mall to have a makeover in public? No (expletive deleted) way!"  Those were her words and there was no way I could change her mind. She's as stubborn as an ox!

Sorry Mon eee (why the heck do you spell it like that?) and Liz, I tried my best.

Hugs,
    Laurie
  •  

elinile

be yourself. enjoy. know who you are, what you want. this is the process. its  to ensure some degree of independent objectivity is presented. you have  decided  right? if you have decided, then there is no issue because you are sure.
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 30, 2017, 11:13:20 PM
She says "Me go out in the light of day dressed up in women's clothes and makeup and go into a beauty salon or the cosmetic department in a mall to have a makeover in public? No (expletive deleted) way!"
Oh!  I thought the plan was to go out as a male and get the makeover  :D  Different set of problems...

Actually, I've thought about arriving in male mode, do the makeover, and depart in female mode.  How about that?
Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: elinile on April 30, 2017, 11:53:25 PM
be yourself. enjoy. know who you are, what you want. this is the process. its  to ensure some degree of independent objectivity is presented. you have  decided  right? if you have decided, then there is no issue because you are sure.

Hi elinile,

Hi I'm Laurie I am trying on a new name, I was using Jeanette. I appreciate your advice but I have to admit that it seem to be out of context which leaves me wonder what prompted you to give it. I haven't figured out which of my posts it refers to or if it is meant as general advice. Would you enlighten me please?

I also see that you are new here so let me welcome you to Susan's Place unofficially that is. I say unofficially because I hold no official position in the site staff and therefore I have to leave the official stuff to them. Have you found tour way around the site? Do you need any help with anything? You are welcome to ask questions if you need to by creating your own posts with the questions. There are a lot of folks here willing to help you with almost any question you has. There are rules that need to be followed and one of those is we cannot discuss actual doseage information. We are not doctor and therefore we leave the doctoring to the doctors. But there are a lot of questions we can answer, and opinions can be shared, and in general we support each other.

We hope you like it here and hope you will take an active part in supporting others and the site if you are able.

Be welcome elinile.
   Laurie
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: RandyL on May 01, 2017, 12:19:19 AM
Oh!  I thought the plan was to go out as a male and get the makeover  :D  Different set of problems...

Actually, I've thought about arriving in male mode, do the makeover, and depart in female mode.  How about that?
Randy

Sure Randy. And just where and how will you transform the clothing, shoes and hair/wig into female mode to match your newly madeover face? Huh? Huh? Silly Randy!

In the words of Winnie the Pooh, Oh Bother!

Hugs Randy,
    Laurie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JeanetteLW on May 01, 2017, 12:37:50 AM
  Sure Randy. And just where and how will you transform the clothing, shoes and hair/wig into female mode to match your newly madeover face? Huh? Huh? Silly Randy!

In the words of Winnie the Pooh, Oh Bother!

Hugs Randy,
    Laurie

And if we could...
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Shy

Dear Laurie

I promise I won't mention a makeover once. If at any time I suggest a makeover just inform me that you are not interested in having a makeover and I won't mention having a makeover for the rest of the day.
Just to be clear and make sure that there is no confusion about said makeover contract. Makeovers are strictly off the menu for today, If I mention makeover again today I give permission to use one emoji of your choice just to clarify that you have no interest in having a makeover.
The no makeover contract lasts for 24hrs only, is non transferable or refundable so changing ones name will not void the makeover contract. At any time after said makeover contract is expired all bets are off ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

JeanetteLW

•  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Shy on May 01, 2017, 04:12:15 AM
Dear Laurie

I promise I won't mention a makeover once. If at any time I suggest a makeover just inform me that you are not interested in having a makeover and I won't mention having a makeover for the rest of the day.
Just to be clear and make sure that there is no confusion about said makeover contract. Makeovers are strictly off the menu for today, If I mention makeover again today I give permission to use one emoji of your choice just to clarify that you have no interest in having a makeover.
The no makeover contract lasts for 24hrs only, is non transferable or refundable so changing ones name will not void the makeover contract. At any time after said makeover contract is expired all bets are off ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

LMAO Sadie,

I am so glad you refrained from mentioning that dreadfully scary word.
Thank you for being so considerate. I should be forever grateful.

Hugs,
   Laurie
  •  

davina61

Laurie its a shame I cant make it over to see you, anyway I do enjoy reading your posts and look forward to the day you stop being a female vampire. by the way have a very loose back molar that's very sore , hoping to see dentist on Wednesday (day off) to get it pulled but the point is soaking it in bourbon to ease it so if my posts get a bit odd you know why  :o
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: davina61 on May 01, 2017, 02:12:03 PM
Laurie its a shame I cant make it over to see you, anyway I do enjoy reading your posts and look forward to the day you stop being a female vampire. by the way have a very loose back molar that's very sore , hoping to see dentist on Wednesday (day off) to get it pulled but the point is soaking it in bourbon to ease it so if my posts get a bit odd you know why  :o

Hi Davina,

Sorry about the tooth. Did you stumble in your heels at the track and smack your cheek on a rig? I couldn't do the bourbon anymore so I had to change it out for ice water. Held in the cheek like a squirrel stocking up for winter is quite effective for numbing and the water is better for you if you swallow it. Just keep replacing the ice water when it warms up and you'll be ok.
  Vampires again?? Well I guess there may me a few similarities at that, but I draw the line at sucking blood.  Sucking in and of itself isn't bad... it that I might faint at the sight of blood.

Take care of the tooth Davina.

Hugs,
   Laurie
  •  

JeanetteLW

Yesterday afternoon I told an Old friend I used to work with. He and I banter with each other on facebook, much like I do with Mon eeee, Liz, and others of you here on Susan's place. Well I don't think he believes me and thinks I am pulling his leg about it. I'm almost sure he's expecting a "Gotcha" from me if he goes along with it. Boy is he really in for a surprize when he finally discovers it's true.

I also told a niece of mine ( the sister I live with daughter that live in PA ) She tells me she has known I crossdressed for a long time having been told pre 1994 and later by my mom. I'm not sure about here memories though. either she is wrong about the first one or I have been the talk of the family for a long, long time. That kinda bothers me.
  Anywho, she's okay with it and has a friend a bit older than her that is trans and if I got it right has newly started HRT. We are now FB friends and if the friend is not already part of Susan's, I will try to stear her to us.

Hugs to all,
   Laurie
  •  

davina61

The whiskey has worked and not feeling drunk, no didn't fall off my boots . They are great and make my posture correct. Bloody tooth has been getting loser for ages , almost can pull it myself but its a stubborn bas***d. Sorry for the un lady language .   Did you get the MAKE it OVER.  Apologies 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: davina61 on May 01, 2017, 04:09:18 PM
The whiskey has worked and not feeling drunk, no didn't fall off my boots . They are great and make my posture correct. Bloody tooth has been getting loser for ages , almost can pull it myself but its a stubborn bas***d. Sorry for the un lady language .   Did you get the MAKE it OVER.  Apologies

Glad the tooth is under control again. No apology needed, I was a sailor remember and many times a drunken one. You know how a drunken sailor can swear. But you're right it isn't very ladylike, is it? Oh well, we both will live.

And oh yeah, no recent do overs for me.

Hugs,
    Laurie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JeanetteLW on May 01, 2017, 03:18:25 PM
  Yesterday afternoon I told an Old friend I used to work with. He and I banter with each other on facebook, much like I do with Mon eeee, Liz, and others of you here on Susan's place. Well I don't think he believes me and thinks I am pulling his leg about it. I'm almost sure he's expecting a "Gotcha" from me if he goes along with it. Boy is he really in for a surprize when he finally discovers it's true.

I also told a niece of mine ( the sister I live with daughter that live in PA ) She tells me she has known I crossdressed for a long time having been told pre 1994 and later by my mom. I'm not sure about here memories though. either she is wrong about the first one or I have been the talk of the family for a long, long time. That kinda bothers me.
  Anywho, she's okay with it and has a friend a bit older than her that is trans and if I got it right has newly started HRT. We are now FB friends and if the friend is not already part of Susan's, I will try to stear her to us.

Hugs to all,
   Laurie

Families are weird and tend to close ranks around their members, It sounds to me like your family has been aware for a longer time than you realise. But what it does tell you is that none of them were bothered enough by it for them to change the way they treat you...you never noticed...That says many things about your family one of them being they don't care about your cross dressing and never have or they may well have expressed it by now. If anything I would have thought this puts you in an excellent position for acceptance. It is truly remarkable that they have known all this time and have kept it from you. It just shows the huge level of respect they have for you.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 01, 2017, 05:27:34 PM
It just shows the huge level of respect they have for you.

Liz
I agree with Liz. If you hadn't noticed, then they've already bought into your uniqueness and are OK with it. It's just part of who you are, and you fit into the larger family. From what I see of your helpful, supportive and friendly nature, they will love having you around. Unless you only act this way with trans people? [emoji12] [emoji15] [emoji1]  Randy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

JeanetteLW

I don't know Liz. When it's a secret you thought you would carry to the grave with you so no one will ever know. It is hard to find out it's been common knowledge for those you were trying to hide it from the most. It's another shameful failure.  Finding out they are okay with it helps but the embarrassment of it is still felt, to a lesser degree, yes, but it is still there.
   It makes you wonder how wide spread the knowledge is. This is a niece that lives in Pennsylvania over 2000 miles away that has visited family on the west coast only 3 times and she heard about it twice? And from two different relatives?  Some secret.  :(
   Oh I know I'll live and it isn't the end of the world but I'm still not happy about it.  Lol That is just the kind of thing I would go off and raid my girly stash over to feel better.  LOL Now what do I do?

Get over it Laurie. Nothing you can do about it now.

Hugs,
   Laurie
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: RandyL on May 01, 2017, 05:41:08 PM
I agree with Liz. If you hadn't noticed, then they've already bought into your uniqueness and are OK with it. It's just part of who you are, and you fit into the larger family. From what I see of your helpful, supportive and friendly nature, they will love having you around. Unless you only act this way with trans people? [emoji12] [emoji15] [emoji1]  Randy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nope Randy,

What way? No this is me. What you see it what you get.  Silly nonsense, unbidden tears, uncontrolled emotions, guarded feelings, anger issues, it's all me.

Hugs,
   Laurie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JeanetteLW on May 01, 2017, 05:57:14 PM
  I don't know Liz. When it's a secret you thought you would carry to the grave with you so no one will ever know. It is hard to find out it's been common knowledge for those you were trying to hide it from the most. It's another shameful failure.  Finding out they are okay with it helps but the embarrassment of it is still felt, to a lesser degree, yes, but it is still there.
   It makes you wonder how wide spread the knowledge is. This is a niece that lives in Pennsylvania over 2000 miles away that has visited family on the west coast only 3 times and she heard about it twice? And from two different relatives?  Some secret.  :(
   Oh I know I'll live and it isn't the end of the world but I'm still not happy about it.  Lol That is just the kind of thing I would go off and raid my girly stash over to feel better.  LOL Now what do I do?

Get over it Laurie. Nothing you can do about it now.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I hope I didn't sound flippant with your emotions I am certainly not. I understand how it doesn't and does sit well with you. But I think they have shown ....your family...that you are family and the love and accept you just the way you are...I would suggest you have a great family...I have known that one of my cousins has been living with her partner in a marriage arrangement for 10 years and no one ever speaks of it...we all know...but it makes no difference to anyone...they are still loved and accepted for who they are...no special treatment.

Finding out that your "take to the grave" secret was common knowledge amongst your family is hard take but they love you despite what you think...

Shame full failure...do you really feel that is what you are? That is hardly a fair description of yourself...So you are not great at the art of deceit...you will never be a spy!!!! Seriously I do understand it feels bad but it has such a sweet silver lining....Imagine if you realised this before you  made the progress you have, would you be able to cope with the news as well as you are now. By coming out it has made them reveal to you something they have sworn to keep in the family and thereby leaving themselves vulnerable, but they know and love you and think by telling you they are doing the right thing by you

Find that silver lining...it could come in handy
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 01, 2017, 06:28:51 PM
I hope I didn't sound flippant with your emotions I am certainly not. I understand how it doesn't and does sit well with you. But I think they have shown ....your family...that you are family and the love and accept you just the way you are..
Finding out that your "take to the grave" secret was common knowledge amongst your family is hard take but they love you despite what you think...

Shame full failure...do you really feel that is what you are?

Find that silver lining...it could come in handy

I'm sorry Liz I guess I was not too clear. The "shameful failure' part needs to be thrown in with the "Taking my secret to the grave" part. I've obviously given up on the grave thing and no, I do not feel like a shameful failure about  what I am any more.  But I certainly did for many years about parts of my life I thought were private.
  I have more challenges ahead and though I can still feel a bit embarrassed  finding out my secret wasn't very secret. I knew my ex had told everyone she could when we split but this far precedes our divorce. It's origin I am not sure of. How wide spread it was I don't know, but it is history. I'll just have to accept that. It seems there is a lot of things I need to work on accepting lately.

But rest easy Liz. I have taken no offense at all.

Loves ya,
   Laurie
  •