News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 03, 2017, 08:36:32 PM

Looks like we will both visit the doctor on May 15th. I have my pre-op physical that day. In no way am I comparing my situation with your history with cancer, but I am still scared that they will find some reason to stop my surgery. Here's to good luck for us both.

Moni 
If I am a goofball, you are crazy.  I think I could get a few people on this thread to back me up.

Oh your a Goofball alright, there's no question of that. Sure you'll have a whole slew of people on here to back you up on that.  As for me being crazy... well It's been said of me before but I always consider the source as being in a more fragile state of mind than myself which of course renders their opinion null and void.

I'll give you a thought or two on the 15th with I spin my wheels up at the VA hospital.  My visit will take up the whole morning starting with having blood drawn for labs and an IV being put in. I hope it doesn't take 6 attempts again.  Next event is the CT scan itself. I hope the Iv doesn't blow out the vein this time while injecting the iodine. After a further wait the good part occurs. I see my oncologist. I look upon this as a social visit. We always start out talking about her 2 kids and my grand children and then where in the country I've visited between visits. She's a younger lady (just into her 40s) and easy on the eye. She tell me what my labs and the CT show and check my breathing and feel my lymph nodes. Well discuss medical things and she'll answer my questions if I have any. Then a date is set for 3 - 4 months down the road for us to do it all over again. The poor lady has had to tell me I'm dying twice now and that's no fun for anyone. I know it sure ruins my day I know she doesn't like to do it. So far she has been wrong twice and I know she shares my happiness at that. I truly enjoy my visits with this woman regardless of what she has to tell me.

I hope everything goes according to plan at your appointment Moni. My fingers are crossed and hoping for the best for you.

Hugs,
     Laurie
  •  

SailorMars1994

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 03, 2017, 08:36:32 PM
Aghhh, you called me Ms. Moni, it makes me feel warm and  fee, phi, foe fuzzy. I guess I do understand, I  would rather do a colonoscopy than listen to country music. Hey we could start a new thread of what we hate worse than a colonoscopy. We could bring Susan's to a new low. Nahhhhh!

Looks like we will both visit the doctor on May 15th. I have my pre-op physical that day. In no way am I comparing my situation with your history with cancer, but I am still scared that they will find some reason to stop my surgery. Here's to good luck for us both.

Moni 
If I am a goofball, you are crazy.  I think I could get a few people on this thread to back me up.

You dont like Country music?? for shame.. thems my tunes heheh ;)
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: SailorMars1994 on May 03, 2017, 09:01:38 PM
You dont like Country music?? for shame.. thems my tunes heheh ;)

When the music died a second time, with the rise of that crap eerrr I mean rap, hippity hopping garbage noise making....  Good rock had died again and great acid rock died with Morrison, Hendrix, and Janis joplin's deaths. I had to find another genre to listen to. All I could find that was decent was in the newer country realm. So by default I now listen to that when I listen to radio. I know Moni it's not good old rock and roll but it will have to do. I'm with Ashley on this one. Country it is. Besides it goes with my cowgirl hat.  Okay it's still my cowboy hat I haven't bought a cowgirl hat yet. Some guy in the grocery story told me he liked it today as he passed by. (usually it's the girls that like it)

Hugs,
   Laurie  ( hmmm Laurie is a good cowgirl name too )
  •  

Shy

Whaaaaaaaaa, listening to country music!?!?

I suggest you girls instantly go listen to Pink Fairies 'do it!' and then go get makeovers. These are the new rules, else it's the naughty step for you both ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

p

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2017, 02:23:49 PM
Awwww Thank you p,

I think you have to be my biggest fan, not that I'm a celebrity or anything (applause, applause).

If I wasn't already, that joke sealed the deal!  :laugh:
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 04, 2017, 04:45:32 AM
Whaaaaaaaaa, listening to country music!?!?

I suggest you girls instantly go listen to Pink Fairies 'do it!' and then go get makeovers. These are the new rules, else it's the naughty step for you both ;D

Sadie

What is this Sadie? A conspiracy? I've never heard of the Pink Fairies but as per your wishes I google them and see they've been around since the 70s (my era) and have several albums so I pick one - Neverneverland to listen to.
You Tube here I come. I find Never Never Land and hit the play button and what do I here for the first selection? "Do It" Whoa!  What is going on here?...  You do realize I did not take  the "DO it" in your post as a song to listen to but as a command to go listen. LOL That was weird.
   I suppose I should brush up on my reading comprehension skills.
   As for the group They strike me as a bit like the Mothers of Invention in style. A little tamer perhaps. Yes I listened to Zappa a bit in my day. Faves though were Doors, Cream, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, etc.  The doors are still my favorite group.

Hugs,
     Laurie

PS. It isn't working I still am not ready for the "M" word.  :P :P :P
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on May 04, 2017, 12:44:21 PM
   What is this Sadie? A conspiracy? I've never heard of the Pink Fairies but as per your wishes I google them and see they've been around since the 70s (my era) and have several albums so I pick one - Neverneverland to listen to.
You Tube here I come. I find Never Never Land and hit the play button and what do I here for the first selection? "Do It" Whoa!  What is going on here?...  You do realize I did not take  the "DO it" in your post as a song to listen to but as a command to go listen. LOL That was weird.
   I suppose I should brush up on my reading comprehension skills.
   As for the group They strike me as a bit like the Mothers of Invention in style. A little tamer perhaps. Yes I listened to Zappa a bit in my day. Faves though were Doors, Cream, Hendrix, Janis Joplin, etc.  The doors are still my favorite group.

Hugs,
     Laurie

PS. It isn't working I still am not ready for the "M" word.  :P :P :P

Eek, I wasn't barking orders at you Laurie. I thought everyone of our vintage new about the Pink Fairies, they were and institution.

I listened with Zappa and the mothers for about a year until punk came along and everything changed. I just caught the tail end of the 60's, early 70's as peace and love turned into safety pins and anarchy. I have fond memories sneaking into night clubs underage to be assaulted by three chords and a wall of noise. Still listen to a lot of punk these days, I think you're early influences stay with you for life.

Sadie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 04, 2017, 02:38:48 PM

Eek, I wasn't barking orders at you Laurie. I thought everyone of our vintage new about the Pink Fairies, they were and institution.

I listened with Zappa and the mothers for about a year until punk came along and everything changed. I just caught the tail end of the 60's, early 70's as peace and love turned into safety pins and anarchy. I have fond memories sneaking into night clubs underage to be assaulted by three chords and a wall of noise. Still listen to a lot of punk these days, I think you're early influences stay with you for life.

Sadie

Sadie,

Not an institution in my circles. I never did punk. Acid rock, psychedelics and Vietnam protest was what I loved. I didn't even like  the Beatles until Magical Mystery tour and Yellow Submarine.
  Didn't care for much in bubble gum and HATED disco. So I quit listening to radio. Started again finding groups like Rush, Quiet riot, Triumph, Def Leopard and the like.  I've also been known to listen to Beethoven, Tsiolkovsky and a couple others. I like Journey, CSN, Eagles, Pink Floyd etc too.  Heck, I like a lot of genres. None of the new trash rap crap of any kind. it is just garbage and filth.

I'm still listen to Pink Fairies.... they aren't bad at all I think I could have liked them had I heard of them before.

Laurie

•  

davina61

I would rather have a tooth pulled than listen to country, oh ya that happened today. Worst bit no alcohol for 2 days and bought soup to take to work tomorrow . Music SOUL Motown , Northern Soul (its a uk thing ,obscure white label ect)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on May 04, 2017, 03:07:58 PM
I would rather have a tooth pulled than listen to country, oh ya that happened today. Worst bit no alcohol for 2 days and bought soup to take to work tomorrow . Music SOUL Motown , Northern Soul (its a uk thing ,obscure white label ect)

Glad that pesky tooth is out Davina. You'll survive w/o the bourbon.

SOUL Motown?  Davina you are dating yourself. I remember my late older sister listening to them. Did you listen to Elvis and the Beach Boys too? Jan and Dean? shhh No no I never did. I said shhhh now!

Laurie

•  

Rayna

Laurie,

I see the name change is official now.  Congratulations!  Do we have a ceremony?  Baptism?  Bar Mitzvah?  Circumcision?  Makeover?  lol

Next time you come careening through Colorado we have to arrange a stopover.  We're not just drive-thru country ya know!

Love,
Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 04, 2017, 10:14:38 PM

Next time you come careening through Colorado we have to arrange a stopover.  We're not just drive-thru country ya know!

Love,
Randy

But Randy,

I've been to your town already. I even spent a couple nights there. Where were you?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rayna

Quote from: Laurie on May 04, 2017, 10:34:09 PM
But Randy,

I've been to your town already. I even spent a couple nights there. Where were you?

Hugs,
   Laurie
If you're referring to your recent snowstorm epic, I was going nowhere, and was very impressed that you kept going.  I think you went through Denver on I-70.  If so, you missed your chance to brave the infamous Monarch Pass and come through Colorado Springs, but there'll be another time.

Thanks,
Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 04, 2017, 11:14:24 PM
If you're referring to your recent snowstorm epic, I was going nowhere, and was very impressed that you kept going.  I think you went through Denver on I-70.  If so, you missed your chance to brave the infamous Monarch Pass and come through Colorado Springs, but there'll be another time.

Thanks,
Randy

Hi Randy

Nope,  I was trying to make it through the pass on I-50 from Grand Junction. I made it several miles east of Montrose when I could hardly see the road in front of my pickup and turned around. In Delta I tried a cut off to I-70 and went about 13 mile and hard to turn around again. I picked up I-70 all the way back in Grand Junction and made it over the pass on it.  Once through the last tunnel and on the Denver side I was driving in about 4" of slush and found out my washer fluid had frozen. I had to stop twice before being able to take the next exit and stop at a truck stop where I bought De-icer washer fluid and got my system thawed out and working. From there it was I-70 to Nebraska. Never got near Colorado Springs.

Quite a few years ago when I was employed as a contractor for Compucom, I was on a project to upgrade Walgreen stores with new server and registers. I was at a Walgreen in Colorado Springs near the airport. I think it was 1920 S Chelton Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80916, but I'm not sure. I was there working 2 nights.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Janes Groove

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2017, 09:32:28 PM
Good rock had died again and great acid rock died with Morrison, Hendrix, and Janis joplin's deaths. I had to find another genre to listen to.

It died but keeps trying to come to life in some pretty decent artists. The Gipsy Kings, The Decembrists, Shawn Colvin, Yuna, reggae.  There's great music out there. It's just harder to find with the music industry the way it is now.

(Shameless plug) I'm surprised you never saw my thread:

Favorite Transition-Themed Song
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218294.msg1975326.html#msg1975326

I KNOW you must know a song or 2 that applies to the topic.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Jane Emily on May 04, 2017, 11:59:32 PM

(Shameless plug) I'm surprised you never saw my thread:

Favorite Transition-Themed Song
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218294.msg1975326.html#msg1975326

I KNOW you must know a song or 2 that applies to the topic.

Sorry Jane,

Oooops  Caught!  Yes, I am aware the thread is there. Alas I haven't opened it. I've thought I might take a look one of these days out of curiosity. I'm afraid I threw it in the 'what are you thinking/ watching/ listening to/ reading threads that tend to illicit a "who cares?" response from me.  Didn't I mention I am quite anti-social?

One of these time I will take a look. I promise Jane. I do have a bit of curiosity as to what may be found in it. As far as songs I know that fit? Only one or two come to mind and they would already be there.

•  

Janes Groove

Quote from: Laurie on May 05, 2017, 12:05:31 AM
Only one or two come to mind and they would already be there.

Freedom by Richie Havens? I already posted it and credited you with reminding me of it from another post you made.   It's pretty apt.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Jane Emily on May 05, 2017, 07:53:18 PM
Freedom by Richie Havens? I already posted it and credited you with reminding me of it from another post you made.   It's pretty apt.

Jane I agree there is a certain feeling of freedom in making our decisions to transition but I wouldn't think of the song fitting the topic.  Not sure of the thanks for it. lol
hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Not much of anything going on with me these last few days. I have several appointment coming up this month starting with my gender therapy appointment on Tuesday 5/9. I don't have any pressing things to bring up in it this time either. It seems there was something I wanted to talk to him about but I can't remember what it was. I guess it wasn't important.
  On the 15th its going to me a long day up at the VA hospital. I have some labs for my oncologist, an IV to be put in and then my 3 month CT scan. Yes, it's that time again. time for the glow in the dark test and the wait for my oncologist appointment after the results are tabulated. Will it be good news that there is no sign of the cancer or will it be the deflating bad news once that it has finally returned yet again. What the verdict will be I never know. This is something I go through about 4 times a year. I've been given the bad news twice now (actually 3 times if you count the initial finding of the tumor in my left kidney).  I've been given months to live twice and have not  let it win. I'm still here, still fighting to stay here. Anyone that has been diagnosed with cancer will tell you it's fight this disease of lie down and die. Ask Cindy, she knows.
   Later that day I have a followup appointment in the eye department so they can check their laser repair job on a tear I had in my retina about a year ago. I imagine they will also check the progress of my macular degenation at that time too.  Later this month is my visit with my PCP on the 22nd. It's my regular 6 month check up with him but it is also when my hormone (and other labs) blood draw will be done and his subsequent determination if he will increase my estradiol dosage. I've already lobbied him twice to do so.

Oh did I mention I called a local electrologist today? No? Well I did. I got a recording and left my name and number so we can discuss costs and possibly make an appointment. LOL I finally work up to making the call and I get a recording.

That's about it for now.

Hugs to all,
   Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

QuoteOh did I mention I called a local electrologist today? No? Well I did. I got a recording and left my name and number so we can discuss costs and possibly make an appointment. LOL I finally work up to making the call and I get a recording

Getting a recording is a Good Thing.  Electrolysis operators are largely single-person businesses.  If they are working on someone, charging for every 15 minutes, it is considered bad form to stop treatment to chat on the phone.  Getting a recording means:

1) The electrolysis operator has customers, and is busy.  You don't want an operator with no customers...
2) The operator shows their customers some courtesy.

Now, if they don't return your call within a day or so, that might not be a good sign...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •