News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on May 11, 2017, 12:16:19 PM

Dangit, I gotta pay for nails that look like that! Nice manicure, Laurie!

Thank you Jen,

I assure you I've had years and years of practice with nail files and polish during my crossdressing days. I'm still going to go have it done by a professional someday. It's on the list...

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

You have beautiful nails Laurie, love the colour too. I'll be running out of gold stars for your report card soon ;D Again you get an A++ with a liberal dose of nail envy. You got the mani nailed.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: Laurie on May 11, 2017, 12:35:13 PM
Thank you Jen,

I assure you I've had years and years of practice with nail files and polish during my crossdressing days. I'm still going to go have it done by a professional someday. It's on the list...

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sometimes, you don't need a professional . Why pay for something you can do better than them ;)
  •  

Michelle_P

Laurie, for your electrolysis session you can get a 4% lidocaine cream over the counter.  Aspercreme makes a lidocaine cream carried in most chain pharmacies.  There are also store brands, such as CVS "Pain Relief Cream" that are cheap and work OK.   

Put on a good coat ONLY on the small area to be worked on, and cover with a bit of plastic wrap to make an 'occlusive bandage'.  That keeps it from drying out and gives it time to work.  Apply about an hour before your appointment.  Don't try to numb your entire beard.  Too much would be absorbed through your skin and the stuff is toxic in higher dosages.   
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Sadie and Jen. Why have a manicure and/or pedicure? I've never had one and hear it is nice to be pampered a little once in awhile. There is also the need for repetitious exposure to public setting that I need to be comfortable beyond the confines of my apartment.

Michelle,
   Thank you also. Non prescription pain relief creams have been mentioned and I have tried some for other purposes in the past. I wasn't impressed but of course I've never tried them for this purpose. Your cautions and tips are appreciated. Perhaps they will not be needed at all. I thought it prudent to seek my doctors opinion and requested EMLA cream if he thought it okay.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

jentay1367

If you do decide to get EMLA, Laurie, you can get the stuff cheap on ebay. A small tube is 45 to 50 bucks by prescription. Get it on ebay for 8 bucks a tube...same stuff. I know from direct experience.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on May 11, 2017, 01:51:47 PM
If you do decide to get EMLA, Laurie, you can get the stuff cheap on ebay. A small tube is 45 to 50 bucks by prescription. Get it on ebay for 8 bucks a tube...same stuff. I know from direct experience.

I'm trying to obtain it from the VA my cost should be $5, &, or $11. I have a personal distrust of ebay. I just do not like the concept of it and the lack of verification that what you buy is what you get. I just do not trust people in general.

But I do thank you Jen for the info.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

davina61

wish my nails would grow like that, work kills them. Still getting a gloss coat next week
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on May 11, 2017, 03:09:19 PM
wish my nails would grow like that, work kills them. Still getting a gloss coat next week

Thanks Davina,

My nails grow like bad weeds. If I break or cut them the are a decent length again in 3 weeks or so.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 11, 2017, 12:26:20 PM
Hi Randy,

Funny you should say that... It hasn't been all that easy, easier yes but... Just yesterday evening after talking to the electrologist I was starting to get that overwhelmed feeling again. I was feeling too many things too fast. If I let myself think about all I am now doing and what is in the works.. OMG! Yes, I am starting to think I can soon be going out without changing to appointments, checking the mail, or even for walks... I'm wanting more hrt meds. I now have electrolysis beginning and am waiting for a speech therapist to call and discus voice training. My gender therapy. And then there is manicures, makeovers, wig shopping going round and round in my head...
  Too much, too fast... Laurie, just stop it, just do it.
  Then there are periodic visit from them pesky squirrels to throw a monkey wrench into things.

Thanks again Randy but sometimes I'm no so sure I'm doing all that well.
Hugs,
   Laurie

In Some of my earlier post and more recently I have made the suggestion of a "Transition Vacation"...just step off the  merry go round for a couple of turns and give yourself the chance to breathe...I did this on several occasions over the last 2 years and especially when it all began to seem overwhelming...recharge the batteries and then away you go...No appointments, no phone calls, no online reading about trans stuff....nothing for a day or two....Transition Vacation, does your soul the world of good.  :D :D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 11, 2017, 06:06:32 PM
..nothing for a day or two....Transition Vacation, does your soul the world of good.  :D :D

Hi Ointment Queen,

That is in the works. I need to get through at least this month when all my medical appointment are scheduled.  If I can I am thinking I might be able to take my Maine road trip next month or if I can't then I'll try for June. I should have 2 months before my next cycle of appointments. Electrolysis and therapy can be put off.
  I won't be just 2 or 3 days though more like 3 or 4 weeks perhaps longer if I'm inclined. I'll check in some but I do not think it will be regular at all. I may even entertain a couple visit with friends from Susan's if they want and it fits in with my loose scheduling. Even Colorado Springs could be a temporary destination as my route is not and will not be set in stone. I travel where the wind blows as long as it is blowing in the general direction I intend to go. Missouri is a given as I would be in deep doo doo if I bypassed my friends there near Springfield. I may head up to the U.P. of Michigan to visit a cousin I rarely see but have a strange connection with. Altoona, Pa is also a likely stop somewhere in the trip to see my sister's daughter (the sister I live with) and her son I have yet to meet.
   I intend to get to Maine this trip to complete my goal of having been in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
  From there I have no real idea where I will head. Perhaps I'll deliver a Maine lobster to a friend in Florida by driving down the eastern sea board.

So yes Liz, a short trans vacation is in the works.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

LizK

Let me know when you are on the way and I'll stoke up the barbie...put a few drinks in the esky, make sure there are thongs for everyone  and ensure the blow up bed has all the leaks fixed. Might even make you a pav for afters...How does that sound? We would have to have the obligatory game of backyard cricket with a wheelie bin for wickets...I am pretty sure I can arrange that....

Whatdayarekon?
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 11, 2017, 07:10:21 PM
Let me know when you are on the way and I'll stoke up the barbie...put a few drinks in the esky, make sure there are thongs for everyone  and ensure the blow up bed has all the leaks fixed. Might even make you a pav for afters...How does that sound? We would have to have the obligatory game of backyard cricket with a wheelie bin for wickets...I am pretty sure I can arrange that....

Whatdayarekon?

That's Aussie lingo isn't it?  LOL

Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

If you get to Maine and feel like driving a bit more, drop in here. :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

jentay1367

QuoteLet me know when you are on the way and I'll stoke up the barbie...put a few drinks in the esky, make sure there are thongs for everyone  and ensure the blow up bed has all the leaks fixed. Might even make you a pav for afters...How does that sound? We would have to have the obligatory game of backyard cricket with a wheelie bin for wickets...I am pretty sure I can arrange that....

Whatdayarekon?

Quote from: Laurie on May 11, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

Laurie

How blessed are we to make friends like this at this point in our lives? You can't make this stuff up. Life is good for us.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 11, 2017, 07:29:05 PM
If you get to Maine and feel like driving a bit more, drop in here. :)

Aren't passports required to enter Canada now?  Never had one.  btw what part are you in? I've taken the Detroit / Niagara short cut several times I think one time from the Vermont or new Hampshire area too.

Laura

•  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on May 11, 2017, 07:45:50 PM

How blessed are we to make friends like this at this point in our lives? You can't make this stuff up. Life is good for us.

Yes, Jen we are. You're in Calif if I remember right?  I know Michelle is but I'm not heading out that way this time as far as I know.

Laurie

•  

Rayna

Quote from: Laurie on May 11, 2017, 08:57:04 PM
  Aren't passports required to enter Canada now?  Never had one.  btw what part are you in? I've taken the Detroit / Niagara short cut several times I think one time from the Vermont or new Hampshire area too.

Laura
Ok, one of the bedrock requirements of my life is to always have a valid passport. You never know when you might have to flee. Or more realistically, one might want to visit friends...  Kathy's just a bit east of Maine, if you can wrap your head around that concept.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 12, 2017, 12:24:57 AM
Ok, one of the bedrock requirements of my life is to always have a valid passport. You never know when you might have to flee. Or more realistically, one might want to visit friends...  Kathy's just a bit east of Maine, if you can wrap your head around that concept.

Hi Randy,

Is that all you have to say? Nothing more about my road trip post? (scratching Colorado Springs off the possible stop list) Oh well.

Kathy is a fish??? Is that what you are telling me Randy? Oh that's right, there is a little land east of Maine. Looks like a little town called New Brunswick. I suppose she could also be in that other little town Nova Scotia. I never had a need for a passport. My world travels were courtesy of Uncle Sam on a gray floating hotel and when I made my trip through Canada and forays into Mexico, an American driver's license was good enough. Since those days I have sworn off international travel and therefore have no need for a passport. I have also sworn of flying again forever since it has become such a hassle and the airlines started nickle and dimeing travelers to death many dollars at a time. No thank you I'll drive.
  So, no, I do not have a passport. I could not see a need for one as I never planned to leave the USA again.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 11, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

Laurie
Just a little... If you do decide to bring your Lear Jet for a spin include Adelaide in the stop over list...I'll even treat you to a makeover ;)

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •