Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Quote from: Laurie on May 12, 2017, 12:49:55 AMI suppose she could also be in that other little town Nova Scotia.
Yup, I live in that other little town.  I guess you do need a passport to visit here unless you have one of those frequent border-crosser cards which you probably wouldn't have.  Too bad, as it is only a 5.5 hour ferry ride and 3.5 hour drive from Portland to here.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 12, 2017, 07:01:52 AM
Yup, I live in that other little town.  I guess you do need a passport to visit here unless you have one of those frequent border-crosser cards which you probably wouldn't have.  Too bad, as it is only a 5.5 hour ferry ride and 3.5 hour drive from Portland to here.

A 5.5 hour boat ride !??  I may need to get a passport after all...

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

p

Laurie, Laurie, Laurie! So much to catch up on. Amazing work going en femme to your therapy appointment and scheduling your electrolysis! So many steps. I can sympathize that you feel like you are overbooked--I am coming off a week of 2 hours of electro at odd times and my first therapy and I feel like I've done nothing but rush from one appointment to another! (Therapy went super well,  by the way--was going for his gender expertise and figured I'd take what I got in terms of whether our personalities and ways of thinking were really compatible; but it turns out that we also get along and understand each other better than any therapist I have had before! He also complimented my voice, which is like the key to my heart these days.)

And don't even get me started on your nails--they are amazing! I have got to pick up some of that polish. And you do such a lovely job with them. Mine are a total mess right now. Maybe on your way to Maine you can stop in NJ to show me how it's done! Also, don't know when you are going, but I will be in Maine in July, we could PM about details but needless to say I would LOVE to grab a bite and chat if it works out!

I'm not sure what kind of electrolysis you are getting, but I am having the blend and I use no advil or numbing creams. Pain is very manageable. My understanding is that the blend uses lower voltage than thermolysis or galvanic alone. Face is red for 1-2 hrs after and then fine. My electrologist, also an RN, says my skin is very sensitive so she skips around a lot to keep one area from getting banged up too badly. I believe Dena also had the blend and did not use pain meds or creams. Could be worth calling your electrologist back to see what method she uses and the pain management she recommends.

So proud of you! And if the squirrels come out in force, nothing wrong with taking some time to let things settle down. You know the girls here at Susan's will be here to give you a nudge out the door when you're feeling ready again!

Big hugs!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on May 12, 2017, 11:37:49 AM
Laurie, Laurie, Laurie! So much to catch up on. Amazing work going en femme to your therapy appointment and scheduling your electrolysis! So many steps. I can sympathize that you feel like you are overbooked--I am coming off a week of 2 hours of electro at odd times and my first therapy and I feel like I've done nothing but rush from one appointment to another! (Therapy went super well,  by the way--was going for his gender expertise and figured I'd take what I got in terms of whether our personalities and ways of thinking were really compatible; but it turns out that we also get along and understand each other better than any therapist I have had before! He also complimented my voice, which is like the key to my heart these days.)

And don't even get me started on your nails--they are amazing! I have got to pick up some of that polish. And you do such a lovely job with them. Mine are a total mess right now. Maybe on your way to Maine you can stop in NJ to show me how it's done! Also, don't know when you are going, but I will be in Maine in July, we could PM about details but needless to say I would LOVE to grab a bite and chat if it works out!

I'm not sure what kind of electrolysis you are getting, but I am having the blend and I use no advil or numbing creams. Pain is very manageable. My understanding is that the blend uses lower voltage than thermolysis or galvanic alone. Face is red for 1-2 hrs after and then fine. My electrologist, also an RN, says my skin is very sensitive so she skips around a lot to keep one area from getting banged up too badly. I believe Dena also had the blend and did not use pain meds or creams. Could be worth calling your electrologist back to see what method she uses and the pain management she recommends.

So proud of you! And if the squirrels come out in force, nothing wrong with taking some time to let things settle down. You know the girls here at Susan's will be here to give you a nudge out the door when you're feeling ready again!

Big hugs!  :-*

Hi  p

Good to see you checking in again. I guess some people actually have a life beyond their computer desk. I'm seem to live at the keyboard. It sounds like you have been very busy and I'm glad to hear you can work with this therapist. And do work "with" him please. Use him as a sounding board, use him as a confidant, use him as a friend. Therapists cannot help us if they don't know what's going on inside our heads.

Gee you covered almost everything I've reported recently.... you must be taking notes. I am convinced you are my biggest fan though I can't understand why I deserve the attention.  You did leave out where I mentioned  my therapist is referring me to a speech therapist for continuing education. You mention your therapist complimented you on your voice... are you in training too or a graduate?
   I did discuss methods of electrology she uses and the answer was she doe both types and blended using which ever works for the client. I have tried asking my doctor for EMLA creme but the verdict hasn't come in, if it doesn't I will get some of the 5% lidocaine over the counter and I will have her try an area that hasn't been numbed to see if I can do without. I'm trying to cover all the bases and will be well hydrated whit a couple advil or tylenol in me when I go Thursday.
   Going en femme to my therapy session was almost an accident. I'm still not sure how it happened but I ran out of time for changing back and washing my face, so I had to go as I was. I found out my apartment manager saw me sneaking out or back in and complimented me on my appearance when I spoke to her the next day. I'm sure she didn't get a good look but a compliment is a compliment, right?  ;D ;D
  New jersey hug? I live for a year in Lindenwold back in the 70s and attended quite a few computer classes in the company training facility in Dayton near North Brunswick off of hwy 130. I am hoping to get on the road early next month but that can change. A rendezvous might be arranged as I would like to meet some of the folks IRL that I have met here.
   MY nails? LOL I've never like my nails short and have always preferred a nail file over clippers or at least after clipping. My nails have always been the envy of girls and women I have known. (now none of those ever go to see them polished) I have had years of polish application practice and that is all there is to doing a good job. practice at shaping with a file and practice applying polish.  My nails grow fast and I would clip them before having to be around doctors offices or groups of guys so they wouldn't be noticed . Then in 3 weeks or so they were long enough to shape again.
  I came out to my 1 year older uncle over the phone last night and by doing so my aunt will know also. He said he didn't care and supports me with whatever makes me happy. So there are 2 more crossed off my to do list. My nephew's (sister I live with son) wife came over to visit this morning for the day. She was informed about me already and now has seen me dressed as I prefer. I decided i wasn't going to hide in my home. We did some girl talk and I showed her some of my dresses, she's young so doesn't have a problem with gender types.

Well p that's your update on me for now. Keep up on your own progress as you are doing a good job at it.

Hugs,
     Laurie

•  

p

Hey Laurie! Congrats on coming out to your uncle! I am so glad that he is supportive  :)

I missed your post about your voice therapy! Let me know how it goes--I would be interested in trying it, but I can't see how I would fit it into my budget or schedule at the moment. The therapist was complimenting pretty much my natural voice--I think he's picking up more on the way that I talk (prosody, diction). Let us know what you learn--I'm always trying to polish my voice!

If you decide to make an NJ pit stop, definitely get in touch!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

davina61

Back to your world tour, if you make it to the UK on your way to Oz stop by for a curry.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Rayna

<humbly> I'm so glad to hear your road trip plans shaping up. I hope we can maneuver Colorado Springs back on your list :)  We do have spare bedrooms and the whole 9 yards. It's a long way to East of Maine, so you need to rest on the way.</humility>

We've been traveling this weekend. Had to use my passport to get into The Republic of Boulder. Fortunately The Kingdom of Breckenridge doesn't require passports, although they encourage ski passes.

I can't keep up with the volume of messages, much less remember what it was I was replying to, and what I meant to say. Must be the excess T in my system lol. This particular reply has been in progress since this morning. I only get time to look at the site when I'm on the toilet. Sorry, tmi :)
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 13, 2017, 10:06:15 PM
<humbly> I'm so glad to hear your road trip plans shaping up. I hope we can maneuver Colorado Springs back on your list :)  We do have spare bedrooms and the whole 9 yards. It's a long way to East of Maine, so you need to rest on the way.</humility>

Well hello again Randy, good to see you again.

I really don't know what to think about this toilet time communications. Personally I think it is better utilized as a library. So you want me to consider putting Colorado Spring back into the tentative itinerary do you? Even trying to bribe me with accommodations, huh? The possibility of it happening just went up. I'll have to check my calendar.
  It looks like you got around a bit for homebodies. I can say I haven't been to Breckenridge as it's not on the way to anywhere and I don't think I've ever been through Boulder either. I go in and out of the Denver area by way of  I-70 and I-25 (to/from I-80) and usually hit at night going both directions. I can say Denver has some spectacular sights at night as long as you love lightning and thunder storms.. I swear I had lightening right about my pickup a couple times there and thunder louder than I've ever heard it at the same time. Impressive!! and concerning at the same time.
    No promises now Randy, I might know more by the time I'm in the Denver area if I go that-a-way.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
Don't you threaten coming to Maryland, or I will have to go on vacation to somewhere.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Money oops I meant Moni, sorry

Maryland? Maryland! There is such a place?  OHHHH! That's where it is. (had to google it) Maryland is sooo small a person could easily miss it in the dark. It would take a little effort to miss it if I decide to make a run down the eastern seaboard though. I guess you better prepare a quick getaway bag just in case.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Nooms

*Sighs* I still can't get a passport :( I think I need to start a new thread on this topic cos it's kinda really messing with my (and my partners) life on a basic level...
Never without my camera...Our ability to capture a moment and freeze it forever in creative imagery is something that touches my very soul!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Nooms on May 14, 2017, 10:57:49 AM
*Sighs* I still can't get a passport :( I think I need to start a new thread on this topic cos it's kinda really messing with my (and my partners) life on a basic level...

Nooms,

I've never needed a passport so I have no idea what getting one entails beyond filling out a form, supplying a picture, send those in with some amount for payment and waiting a long time.
   I'm beginning to think I might (ugh) want one someday and may find out...

Sorry you are having trouble obtaining one for yourself.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rayna

I expect it's all about the birth certificate. That begins to be a problem for trans folk. I'll be traveling in male mode this year, so I'm OK for now. Our son lives in Singapore. Have to go see our kids now, don't we?
Randy

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 14, 2017, 11:32:02 AM
I expect it's all about the birth certificate. That begins to be a problem for trans folk. I'll be traveling in male mode this year, so I'm OK for now. Our son lives in Singapore. Have to go see our kids now, don't we?
Randy

I have one of those around here somewhere... I have bought two of them over the years, Now where did I put that piece of paper...

Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Lorrie,
You left that paper in Maryland, you know that 'Island' I live on that is 'too small to find.' I actually find it hard to believe you were born. I believe you have been around since  the dawn of time, harassing poor innocent people such as myself. Oh my, I am getting 'the vapors' just thinking about your evil deeds.
Nooms, have you checked for previous  threads about passports, maybe under 'legal.'

Moni (Leave it alone, leave it! I'm tellin you, Lorry)

If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 14, 2017, 12:19:21 PM
Lorrie,
You left that paper in Maryland, you know that 'Island' I live on that is 'too small to find.' I actually find it hard to believe you were born. I believe you have been around since  the dawn of time, harassing poor innocent people such as myself. Oh my, I am getting 'the vapors' just thinking about your evil deeds.
Nooms, have you checked for previous  threads about passports, maybe under 'legal.'

Moni (Leave it alone, leave it! I'm tellin you, Lorry)

**sigh**  Truck here,

Okay okay so my old age is showing and I mixed up the Moaner with Kathy, I'm really sorry about that Kathy. That shouldn't happen even to a foreigner.

Nooms, I HATE to agree with her but those suggestions might help.

Moonie, I doubt my paper was left in Maryland because I got them while living here and I haven't passed through there in a long, long time. (I can't for the life of me think of why anyone would want to stop there) I know at least one of my birth certificates is in this room somewhere. I think your telling me they are in Maryland is a thinly veiled ploy to get me to come look.
  Though I have been around a while I don't harass everyone I meet and you my dear, are far from innocent.

Hugs,
   Laurie ( not a truck )

•  

Nooms

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 14, 2017, 12:19:21 PM

The problem is we dont have a birth record, so no certificate. 🙁
Never without my camera...Our ability to capture a moment and freeze it forever in creative imagery is something that touches my very soul!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Nooms on May 14, 2017, 02:08:31 PM
The problem is we dont have a birth record, so no certificate. 🙁

I can see where that could be problematic. You were born were you not? there should be a record of that somewhere.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Nooms

Quote from: Laurie on May 14, 2017, 02:26:26 PM
  I can see where that could be problematic. You were born were you not? there should be a record of that somewhere.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Unfortunately not :( We were born within the travelling community back in the 70's and back then it was not uncommon for families to avoid registering their children to prevent the social services from removing them and placing them into care, apparently the travelling life is not suitable for children. It is still done to this day, especially with some of the more traditional gypsy families.

xxx
Nooms
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Nooms on May 14, 2017, 07:10:35 PM
Unfortunately not :( We were born within the travelling community back in the 70's and back then it was not uncommon for families to avoid registering their children to prevent the social services from removing them and placing them into care, apparently the travelling life is not suitable for children. It is still done to this day, especially with some of the more traditional gypsy families.

xxx
Nooms

That is interesting Nooms. That situation did cross my mind but you hear of it so little I discounted it. I imaginge there are other situations that I am not aware of also. You are the first person that I have encountered with such a background. I think it is kind of cool. Okay, okay, I was half expecting you to tell me you were not of this earth and that would have been really cool too. I have always wanted to meet an alien from space...Oh I guess I never mentioned I have been a sci-fi / fantasy reader since my early teens?

What does one do to resolve a problem such as yours?

Hugs,
    Laurie