Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nooms

Quote from: Laurie on May 14, 2017, 07:25:15 PM
What does one do to resolve a problem such as yours?

Hope, pray and imagine that things will eventually work out. I am always looking for that guardian angel who will help us on our way I guess.

Joking aside, we were lucky enough to get issued with social security numbers (national insurance) and are NHS registered. The British gov have accepted us a British by doing this but they still wont issue us with either a passport or driving license, go figure lol.
Never without my camera...Our ability to capture a moment and freeze it forever in creative imagery is something that touches my very soul!
  •  

Laurie

Sorry for the delay Noobs,

I went and cooked supper.  Somebody had to do it and my sister isn't feeling good today. So you are now British be with no privileges? That's dumb. Anything more you can do to convince them otherwise?

btw Supper was shrimp with asparagus and pasta. It came out pretty good if I do say so myself.

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

jentay1367

Dang....now I'm hungry. You can cook too? Jeesh!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on May 14, 2017, 10:15:10 PM
Dang....now I'm hungry. You can cook too? Jeesh!

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I learned cooking, do laundry, basic needle and thread sewing, dish washing etc along with my sisters. The cooking is what stuck with me the most. Around here I mostly cook breakfast but do cook evening meals occasionally.
  I took care of my 4 grand kids for 5 weeks when the 5th and mommy were at the hospital being tended to. In that time I taught the youngest two several breakfasts, and the older boy learned how to cook chicken Panamanian and help me with shrimp scampi with linguini. The older granddaughter was my go to sous  chef for Alfredo sauce. I enlisted all the kids aid in making meals while I was there. My daughter even commented that they got more kitchen time while I was there than they usually do. The younger grandson and granddaughter are still cooking more breakfasts for themselves than they have cereal.
  I enjoyed that time with them quite a lot.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

jentay1367

Awesome for you and your family. Based on that picture, it looks like your quite accomplished! I play in the kitchen too but don't have your skill set. You appear to be a bit of the Renaissance Woman. Lucky for your clan! Take care, Hon!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on May 14, 2017, 10:57:08 PM
Awesome for you and your family. Based on that picture, it looks like your quite accomplished! I play in the kitchen too but don't have your skill set. You appear to be a bit of the Renaissance Woman. Lucky for your clan! Take care, Hon!

Thank you Lisa,
  Tonight's shrimp with asparagus and pasta was surprisingly easy to cook. It only took about an hour with the prep. You know shelling the shrimp, cutting the asparagus, smashing and chopping the garlic, grating some cheese, and dicing the onion. The rest was simple and took about 30 minutes. Cooking cheat: if you make the plate look nice people think you're a good cook.

I have cooked breakfast for friends I've visited with and they tell me it's good.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rayna

Quote from: Nooms on May 14, 2017, 07:58:57 PM
Joking aside, we were lucky enough to get issued with social security numbers (national insurance) and are NHS registered. The British gov have accepted us a British by doing this but they still wont issue us with either a passport or driving license, go figure lol.
In the US, birth records are traditionally kept at the county courthouse. These burn down and records are lost in other ways. Our daughter was born at home, no officials present. We got her a birth certificate by going to the county clerk, proving our residency (with a utility bill) and filling out the forms

There must be a method...good luck. Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Well tomorrow is glow in the dark day again. My regular 3-4 month CT scan is scheduled for 9am with IV insertion and lab draws before it so I need to be there by 8am. I had my oncology meeting scheduled for noon to allow for the results to be ready. But my oncologist contacted me yesterday to ask if I could see her later in the day. So I will see her after my torn retina repair job follow up appointment which is at 3pm. That means I'll have to wait all day for my oncology meeting to find out if my cancer has return yet again or not.
   Tonight I cooked  shrimp with asparagus and pasta for my sister and I as she hasn't been feeling god this weekend. I posted pictures above. It was pretty easy to cook and tasted good. I only improvised a little from the recipe because I didn't have seafood seasoning. I used a little Johnny's seasoned salt instead and added about half an onion chopped fine along with the garlic.
  Went to the store today and bought witch hazel and 4% lidocaine cream in prep for my first electrolysis session. I could not find aloe gel so I'll research it a bit online so I know what I am looking for. My doctor said he would send out some EMLA creme but I'm not sure it will get here before the appointment.
  My newest granddaughter has been in the hospital for 3 days now after the shunt for fluids in her head had to be replace due to a malfunction. Mom of course has had to be there with her. She is having problems post surgery for issue of oxygen desaturation while she sleeps it got down to 54% once so they are keeping her still to see if it resolves itself or else they may have to send her home with oxygen for sleeping. She is fine during awake hours.
  I've offered my services twice but they says things are under control and have some friends helping with the other 4 kids. I  did get a I love you response from my daughter today when I told her I loved her. I thanked her for saying it. Today was the most conversation I've had with her since my coming out to her at the end of March. Most of what I related about my granddaughter I got from her facebook updates. I would be up there taking care of the kids so dad could work and be with mom and baby if I could. It would be a bit awkward at first now but I would be there.

As Porky Pig would say, "Ble, ble, ble, that's all folks!"

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

LizK

Good luck with your tests and it will make for a long day waiting I am sure. You have plenty to look forward too and some great things to stay positive about...I hope they are all clear for you.I hope your granddaughter is Ok as well and the shunt goes without complications. What a great outcome with your daughter at least the door is open now to build that relationship.  It may take awhile but I am sure you will succeed  :D

Liz           
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Thanks Liz.

We shall see what the morrow brings.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Good luck for today Laurie, I hope it all goes well for you and your granddaughter.

I think you should set up the worlds first trans cooking show ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

coldHeart

Good luck for tomorrow Laurie sending you a big hug. Sara
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Sadie and Sara, it looks like it's going to be a long day. I've been spending the night in the ER keeping my sister company while they try to figure out what is causing her back to hurt when she moves at all. No sleep tonight.
Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 15, 2017, 06:24:28 AM
Thank you Sadie and Sara, it looks like it's going to be a long day. I've been spending the night in the ER keeping my sister company while they try to figure out what is causing her back to hurt when she moves at all. No sleep tonight.
Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

I hope you do get some rest tonight you have a big day ahead of you...take care

Hugs
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Liz,

We just got home, plenty of time for coffee and a shower. I have about 2 hours before I should be there. Might get a nap in between if I'm lucky now that my oncologist moved the appointment to 3:30pm but I do need to got fill a prescription for my sister when I return from this morning's appointments.

*yawn*

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

I hope that your appointments go well today!

As for your recipe, it looks amazing! I agree about the importance of plating and color balance. As they say, you eat with your eyes first. I'm obsessed with pasta--I make my own with a little hand-cranked roller & cutter. It is surprisingly easy to do (the recipe I use is just all-purpose flour and eggs), and rolling out the dough is so much fun! I have always loved to cook and am constantly looking for recipes. Maybe we should start a Food forum?!

Thinking of you, Laurie. Big, glowing hugs!, P
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

jentay1367

Big positive energy for negative results, Laurie. My hearts with you, Girl!  Lisa
  •  

Asche

Quote from: Nooms on May 14, 2017, 07:10:35 PM
Unfortunately not :( We were born within the travelling community back in the 70's and back then it was not uncommon for families to avoid registering their children to prevent the social services from removing them and placing them into care, apparently the travelling life is not suitable for children. It is still done to this day, especially with some of the more traditional gypsy families.

xxx
Nooms

I don't know about the procedure in the UK (I'm guessing you're in the UK or maybe Ireland, based on the term "Travellers".)

There are people in the USA who have no official birth record anywhere.  If you're born outside of a hospital, and the people who were there never registered your birth, you won't have one.  I found a description of the procedure for the USA: https://passportinfo.com/us-passport-without-birth-certificate/  I'm guessing there's something similar in the UK, but a brief search didn't find anything.  My guess is that there are soliciters who specialize in this kind of thing, though.

Some ultra-religious communities in the USA don't believe in official birth records.  I read of a case of an escapee from a fundamentalist family who couldn't get a driver's license or anything because she had no birth certificate and her family kept whatever records they might have had from her.  She effectively didn't exist.

The UK has (or had) the additional problem that not all UK citizens have the right to reside in the UK.  If you weren't born there and can't prove that your parents (or grandparents?) were, you don't have the little sentence that allows you to reside there.  IIRC, it's because when the British Empire broke up, some of the subject people chose UK citizenship rather than the local citizenship, and the UK later decided they didn't want hordes of people who didn't look like them moving in.  Similar motivation to Brexit.

"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Yeah it's me again. I'm all done with my medical day that started off just after midnight last night when I called an ambulance for my sister . That trip started the day before with her complaining of not feeling very good and going to her bed in the early afternoon. That is where she remained until when she got up complaining of back pains. She wasn't up for too long and retired to her room again. As it was preparing to go to bed I saw the light on down the hall and investigated, She was up complaining more vigorously about pains in the back but they were now wrapping around to the front. She said she wanted to go see a doctor but wouldn't be able to climb into my pickup. (Ambulance and fire personnel enter the picture and our apartment) So we spent the nigh in the ER and it was decided she had a UTI the had moved to her kidneys. Pain killer and antibiotics administered and home we went.
  After coffee and a shower it was my turn to head to the hospital for lab draws, IV insertion, a terrible tasting contrast beverage and the CT scan itself. That done I returned home the left again to fetch my sister's new prescriptions. Returning home I managed to get a 1 3/4 hour nap before heading off to the hospital once again for my eye followup appointment.eye Routine eye tests and eye drops for dilation then down the hall for internal eye pictures and exam by the doc after. Bright lights, distorted vision, etc  All good there and they didn't see any progression in my macular degeneration. See you in 6 months.
   Finally on to my oncologist appointment. I filled her into the progress I've made with my transition when she asked. this was over half of my appointment with her. I did have a few cancer related questions which she answered and she went over my labs and CT scan results, Everything still looks good and still no sign of the nasty boogeyman called cancer in the scan at all. Still saying I have signs of severe emphysema though and I said I've noticed a bit more of a problem with becoming winded  when doing more physical activity. We decided not to pursue it further at this time. So she gives me a hug and says see you in 3 months. I like my oncology visits.
   Oh yeah one more thing from this morning. I told the lady that does the IV  insertions almost every time I go for a CT about me. I started the conversation by telling her she might be calling me Laurie in the future. She was good about the information and we talk about trans things while she worked. When I was about to leave she called me Laurie (there were two others in the room by then) I told it it was still Leonard for now to which she replied "oh no, I'm starting to call you Laurie right now. Then she said goodbye until next time and called me Laurie again as I'm going through the door into the waiting area. S three times she called me Laurie while I'm presenting male in front of others.  It didn't hurt anything but I did feel a bit self conscious about her doing it. She's a sweet older lady about my age, she helps make these visits easier.

Well that's about all there is for today. I'm tired and will likely be crashing early tonight. But first supper! I think it will be leftover shrimp with asparagus and pasta again, There were plenty of leftovers and all I have to do is reheat it. It good enough for tonight.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Warning, I am about to be nice. Hold on to your hat, it will be over quickly. I will try to make it as painless as possible.

Laurie,
   I am glad that you are exhausted, I mean, I am glad your cancer screening went well and I know you must be exhausted. Also, I hope your sister is okay and not in too much pain. You are pretty awesome taking such good care of her. I suspect you will sleep well tonight.
   My pre-op went well. I will know a thumbs up or down when the labs come in.
   There, I did it! I was fairly close to almost maybe being nice to you. I'm so tired now. I wonder if there is such a thing as Laurie dysphoria for me. Guess will retire to my "padded room" and get some rest. Oh, I feel so dirty too.
Love,
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •