News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 15, 2017, 09:00:56 PM
Warning, I am about to be nice. Hold on to your hat, it will be over quickly. I will try to make it as painless as possible.

Laurie,
   I am glad that you are exhausted, I mean, I am glad your cancer screening went well and I know you must be exhausted. Also, I hope your sister is okay and not in too much pain. You are pretty awesome taking such good care of her. I suspect you will sleep well tonight.
   My pre-op went well. I will know a thumbs up or down when the labs come in.
   There, I did it! I was fairly close to almost maybe being nice to you. I'm so tired now. I wonder if there is such a thing as Laurie dysphoria for me. Guess will retire to my "padded room" and get some rest. Oh, I feel so dirty too.
Love,
Moni

That's it!! I'm not taking any more from you tonight Moni (as in balony) I'm going to lay down and at least take a nap. You've worn me out, taken my last reserves of energy, I'M Done!

btw I am glad your pre you consult went well I pray they approve the surgery quickly and get it done already, Perhaps it will mellow you out and let you become a nice person.

ZZZZZZZ
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Georgette

Laurie

See you so often on the Introductions, almost like I know you.
What is the problem with Maryland, I have lived here since about 1968, with some time in the Navy and in Virginia.
If you ever get to the WASH DC area let me know and we can meet.

Hope all your problems clear up.
You joke about being 64 and just starting in all this.
At 66 I am older then most of the younger TS that I know.

I have 2 close friends around that age that are going through it also.

1st is a Prostate cancer survivor, just starting HRT and laser, has come out to work and family with mixed results.

2nd one has been on HRT for a little while, decided to have an Orchi so no more Anti-T.  Just had FFS about a month ago, getting her name change.  She hasn't decided if or when SRS.  She is retired and well off financially, so no problems there.  She has very cordial relations with her ex and family.

I have problems with empathy, but try and help them as much as I can.  Everyone sees me as some one to look up to, but I hate that.  I am just someone that figured it all out fairly early in my life.
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Shy

Glad to hear things went well for you Laurie, hope your sister bounces back soon. It must be a worry for you.
Rest up girl, we want you fresh as a daisy for that makeover ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Georgette on May 16, 2017, 01:20:42 AM
Laurie
See you so often on the Introductions, almost like I know you.

Hi Georgette,
   I am on the forums a lot, with special attention to the introductions. I want new folks to feel welcome here and try to put then at ease with a little humor and by sharing a bit of myself with them.
   The other part to your statement tells me I am accomplishing another of my goals here. I want people to get to know me. I am not a friendly person IRL, I find it hard to make friends. I am not a social person at all as I keep to myself, just wanting to be left alone. Here online though I try to be more open and friendly sharing myself with all of you in the community. Here I am able to say what I am feeling whether it is my fears or my joys. In many ways it reflects my trans life. IRL I have kept it hidden as much as possible, but that is changing as I take those steps to come out fully.  Irl socially I am still in the closet but here I can come out and make friend that may just carry over into real life.

What is the problem with Maryland, I have lived here since about 1968, with some time in the Navy and in Virginia.
If you ever get to the WASH DC area let me know and we can meet.

LOL I think I have given you an incorrect impression of how I feel about Maryland, sorry. The only problem with Maryland is that that Moni person told me she lives there also. If you missed it Moni and I have an ongoing relationship where we banter with each other about almost everything. We make a playful attempt at saying nothing good about each other. Heaven forbid we start being nice to each other. Maryland was just in the line of fire.
  Georgette, if my travels do take me through Maryland I will keep you and Moni both in mind as people to meet.

Hope all your problems clear up.
You joke about being 64 and just starting in all this.
At 66 I am older then most of the younger TS that I know.
I have 2 close friends around that age that are going through it also.

I assure you George I am very serious about my transition which as you know started at 64. I think it started so late in life due to my own ignorance and denial of being trans. My only regret is not realizing that this is what I needed to do sooner. Because of starting so late I missed out on so many things female. I accept that I will not ever look as I could have looked had I started younger. I feel that is not such a big deal. The important thing is I am doing it now, I am becoming that girl I dreamed of being. Though I am older now, I still feel like that young girl inside regardless of the reflection I see in the mirror.  I'm not sure I've joked about starting so late but it doesn't surprise my that I do. Humor is a part of me, it is a coping and social mechanism I use in most of my social interactions. It usually works but sometimes people can't tell if I'm trying to be funny or not and when the get it wrong it bothers me. It happens too often and it tends to hurt my feelings. I always feel it is my fault that they do. IRL it causes me to withdraw into myself more. IRL I am a very insecure person. I put up a good front but it is mostly a sham.
  But back to starting transition when older, I applaud those of us that do. It signals a rebirth of sorts. It means we have finally discovered a way to put aside what ever reasons we had that kept us from becoming who we have always wanted to be. I'm a work in progres.

Thank you for posting Georgette, I welcome the intercourse and opportunity to clarify thing for you. At least I hope I have.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rayna

Quote from: Laurie on May 16, 2017, 10:06:06 AM
If you missed it Moni and I have an ongoing relationship where we banter with each other about almost everything. We make a playful attempt at saying nothing good about each other. Heaven forbid we start being nice to each other. Maryland was just in the line of fire.

Oh, I thought you were serious. Joking? Lol

No, your humor generally comes through as such, and we appreciate it. Although I think I missed a joke about Canadian maritime provinces and derailed the conversation :)

Love
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 16, 2017, 10:30:34 AM

No, your humor generally comes through as such, and we appreciate it. Although I think I missed a joke about Canadian maritime provinces and derailed the conversation :)

Love
Randy

Thanks Randy,

I don't think you did.. You can't derail a train that has no tracks or a destination.  hmmmm sounds like a train wreck don't it. Yeah?, Well that's me alright. lol

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

davina61

tried to wish you well for the hospital visits but internet kept crashing (lots off naughty words and profanities ) . Glad all is ok . Your reply to coming out at 60+ is the same for me. For your sisters infection Cardamoms are good as an antiseptic , found my digestive system works much better on Indian food!!! Want a laugh , painted my nails and kept it on for work and its the double takes and "does not compute " from customers . Made my day but that's my humour, bit like yours, just realised  not got anythink out the freezer for tomorrow night,back in a moment.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on May 16, 2017, 03:48:01 PM
tried to wish you well for the hospital visits but internet kept crashing (lots off naughty words and profanities ) . Glad all is ok . Your reply to coming out at 60+ is the same for me. For your sisters infection Cardamoms are good as an antiseptic , found my digestive system works much better on Indian food!!! Want a laugh , painted my nails and kept it on for work and its the double takes and "does not compute " from customers . Made my day but that's my humor, bit like yours, just realized  not got any thing out the freezer for tomorrow night,back in a moment.

Hi Davina,

Thank you for the colorful internet words I think your good thoughts for me came through anyway. LOL

I cooked the chicken and onion recipe and served it with the Basmati rice with some of the sauce on top. I liked the taste and I especially liked the texture and taste of the rice. I never had it before and found it similar to wild long grain rice but nuttier. With a bit of the sauce on it, it was pretty good as was the chicken.

I had thought you did the nail polish at work already. I must have miss understood you. It did sound fun for you. I've had at least clear polish on for at least 5 days as I didn't want to remove it. I've been to stores, the doctor, outside to take out trash and check mail, and to both hospital visits my sister's and my own at the VA. I added a coat of sheer pink this morning and will be going to get gas and a store with it on.

We have quite a few contract workers the have been right outside my apartment coming and going as they work on other apartment here. I wonder what goes through their heads as they come and go. I am positive they get glimpses of me in my female attire (usually sans wig) as I am in my kitchen preparing breakfast or doing dishes after and other times during the day. They can't help but see me in there in the morning with the lights on. All they need do is glance through the window. Then of course I could be wrong and they just don't notice at all. Being men though....  LOL

I think we are having ribeye steak tonight that I picked up a few days ago. Nice thick ones. mmmmhmmm  mmm

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

davina61

That was good half way through my reply computer froze, so again- yes have worn some to work before but first time had to deal with customers today. Glad you enjoyed your meal, looked in freezer and gave up , ready meal for tomorrow but it is a prawn masala . Don't know if anyone has spotted me through my windows but on 3rd floor so higher than surrounding houses and trees in the way as well, goodnight its 11pm here ,yawn. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

coldHeart

Glad your tests went well Laurie sorry to read about your sister hope she gets well soon.
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: RandyL on May 16, 2017, 10:30:34 AM

Oh, I thought you were serious. Joking? Lol

Love
Randy

Randy, you mean all the stuff I say about Laurie and her about me, is joking. I thought we  were serious too. Oh Gee, I had no idea people thought we were joking. I feel like I just ate my ice cream shake too fast. Oh my head!
  Davina, I love the little hints you do like the nails. I love your attitude.
  Georgette, I don't think Laurie has her birth certificate or her passport to enter Maryland. I'm counting  on her getting stopped at the Delaware border crossing. I won't look up to you if it bothers you. I will listen to your good advice even if you don't like it. :)
   Laurie, whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!(said with best valley girl ascent.)
Moni

Seriously Georgette, I thought she was trying to scare away the newbies!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 16, 2017, 07:11:40 PM
  Randy, you mean all the stuff I say about Laurie and her about me, is joking. I thought we  were serious too. Oh Gee, I had no idea people thought we were joking. I feel like I just ate my ice cream shake too fast. Oh my head!
  Davina, I love the little hints you do like the nails. I love your attitude.
  Georgette, I don't think Laurie has her birth certificate or her passport to enter Maryland. I'm counting  on her getting stopped at the Delaware border crossing. I won't look up to you if it bothers you. I will listen to your good advice even if you don't like it. :)
   Laurie, whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!(said with best valley girl ascent.)
Moni

Seriously Georgette, I thought she was trying to scare away the newbies!

Dang! Harmonica or whateva you call yourself these days
You're in a rare good mood today. I mean just look at you gushing complements in all directions, every direction except mine. Yeah you silly, crazy person, I did notice as I'm sure was your intent. I don't care. Whateva!! (if you're going to do valley girl, get it right... there's no r in "whateva" not eva!
  And I could to get into Maryland if I wanted. All you need is a valid driver's license. So there!  :P :P :P You don't think they would mind the picture not quite looking like me do you? I mean I could take off my hair for them if I had to. And I do too have a birth certificates. I have two of them around here somewhere. I think I could find at least one if I needed it.

Oh to heck with you Monie,

Hugs (ugh)
  Laurie

•  

Rayna

Quote from: Laurie on May 16, 2017, 08:21:24 PM
  And I could to get into Maryland if I wanted. All you need is a valid driver's license. So there!  [emoji14] [emoji14] [emoji14] You don't think they would mind the picture not quite looking like me do you? I mean I could take off my hair for them if I had to.
In 1973 I was a college student travelling on a bus through communist East Germany. Yes, even during the Cold War, they allowed Americans in.

Well we came to the border, to cross back into West Germany. But to leave the East, we had to get through the East German guards. They were busy looking under the bus, searching the luggage compartments. And a stern guard came on to check each of our passports.

My passport was issued when I was a sweet, clean shaven high school student. With matching photo. Now, I was a scruffy hippie, with long hair and a full beard!  Well that guard gave me a very long, hard, stern look. I was a bit nervous, and relieved when he accepted me. I was afraid I'd have to shave my beard on the spot! Later one of our professors told me the guard was just having fun at my expense.

Nowadays, it's all reversed! My passport and drivers license show me with a beard, but I took that off when I started getting dysphoria. Hope some border guard doesn't make me grow it out lol.

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 16, 2017, 11:42:00 PM
In 1973 I was a college student travelling on a bus through communist East Germany. Yes, even during the Cold War, they allowed Americans in.

Well we came to the border, to cross back into West Germany. But to leave the East, we had to get through the East German guards. They were busy looking under the bus, searching the luggage compartments. And a stern guard came on to check each of our passports.

My passport was issued when I was a sweet, clean shaven high school student. With matching photo. Now, I was a scruffy hippie, with long hair and a full beard!  Well that guard gave me a very long, hard, stern look. I was a bit nervous, and relieved when he accepted me. I was afraid I'd have to shave my beard on the spot! Later one of our professors told me the guard was just having fun at my expense.

Nowadays, it's all reversed! My passport and drivers license show me with a beard, but I took that off when I started getting dysphoria. Hope some border guard doesn't make me grow it out lol.

Guards just want to have fun.  LOL

My License still show my mustache.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

rainecloude

I was pretty terrified that my psychologist was going to tell me I was crazy and deny me access to HRT...

In reality she had to push me out the door at the end of our first session because she just kept unlocking realization after realization. :P It was so good to feel validated and legitimized.

Much love. <3
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: rainecloude on May 17, 2017, 12:42:05 PM
I was pretty terrified that my psychologist was going to tell me I was crazy and deny me access to HRT...

In reality she had to push me out the door at the end of our first session because she just kept unlocking realization after realization. :P It was so good to feel validated and legitimized.

Much love. <3

Hi Raincloud,

In my case I had already been doing HRT for over two months and I was afraid she was going to tell me I was trans but had other problems and she wasn't going to refer me to a gender therapist. You see I did it backwards I started HRT first then told my doctors.  Not the recommended way of doing thing. But you are right about the vindication and affirmation was great to get.

btw I don't think we've met until now, Hi I'm Laurie  LOL you knew that didn't you? I'd like to invite you over to the introductions (if you haven't done it already) so you can  make a thread introducing yourself  and post a bit so we can get to know you better and welcome you properly.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

Hi Laurie! Only time for a quick note, but I am SO glad that your day of medical visits went well! Cute that the nurse wanted to use your new name, but perhaps too much of a good thing...

Wishing your sister a speedy recovery. You have my mouth watering lately talking about chicken with onions and ribeye steaks...I think this has become the official foodie forum as well as Laurie updates!

Bon appétit & big hugs!,
:-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on May 17, 2017, 05:35:36 PM
Hi Laurie! Only time for a quick note, but I am SO glad that your day of medical visits went well! Cute that the nurse wanted to use your new name, but perhaps too much of a good thing...

Wishing your sister a speedy recovery. You have my mouth watering lately talking about chicken with onions and ribeye steaks...I think this has become the official foodie forum as well as Laurie updates!

Bon appétit & big hugs!,
:-*

Yes ,p I would have preferred her not using my new name in public like she did but it really didn't do any harm other than make me a little uncomfortable for a few moments. She is a nice and friendly older lady and can talk your ear off. LOL.
   My sister is still hurting quite a bit but taking her antibiotics and Tylenol. I've been on KP while she's in the repair shop.
  Oh you've noticed I like food? I didn't realize it showed anywhere but my waistline.

Hugs back at ya p,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Did someone say steak?

This was my supper tonight.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 17, 2017, 08:01:55 PM
Did someone say steak?

This was my supper tonight.

what is the item on the right top of the plate??
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •