News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 18, 2017, 06:55:43 AM
what is the item on the right top of the plate??

Hi Liz,

Those my dear, are string beans from a can.  They were leftovers along with the beets the bottom right was a small baked potato and the left was a fairly thick rib-eye steak. I only ate  half the steak and am looking forward to steak and eggs this morning.

Speaking of this morning....

I'll be eating my steak and eggs with a fuzzy itchy face and without coffee. Instead I'll be drowning myself with water per advice from Mistress Christina (and a bunch of you here) in prep of my first facial torture session a few hours from now. Yep, electrolysis will be experienced today. I've got my 4% lidocaine creme ready to slather somewhere and cover with saran wrap. I have witch hazel and aloe vera 100% gel standing by for use upon my return. My Sansa clip MP3 player is primed with my audio books. Unfortunately the EMLA creme my doctor said he would send out has not arrived. So I guess I'm ready to go when the time comes.
  Other than that I have nothing going on except to come home and hang out on the computer.  Such an exciting life I lead. lol

Already I want my coffee and to shave. This growing  the fuzz is more unpleasant than I remembered. And I have to do this for how long? aaaaarrrg.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

p

Oh my goodness, apparently it's no longer safe to look at this thread before I've had something to eat! That steak looks wonderful, & I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

I HATE growing out the hair for electrolysis! It is so annoying in every way--dysphoria, itchiness, the fact that even if I liked looking like a man, my facial hair grows in the trashiest shape possible (think Joe Dirt)... the only comfort is that I know that at each session, several of them are going to vanish never to be seen again! Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, face hairs  >:-)

Sounds like you have all of your supplies in order! For what it's worth, coffee is not as dehydrating as folks make it out to be (see this article, for instance: http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/01/13/262175623/coffee-myth-busting-cup-of-joe-may-help-hydration-and-memory). If you are terribly concerned, a quick cup before you leave the house shouldn't have time to dehydrate you much and might cure the grumpiness/slight headache of caffeine withdrawal!

So excited for you, Laurie!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on May 18, 2017, 10:57:52 AM
Oh my goodness, apparently it's no longer safe to look at this thread before I've had something to eat! That steak looks wonderful, & I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

I HATE growing out the hair for electrolysis! It is so annoying in every way--dysphoria, itchiness, the fact that even if I liked looking like a man, my facial hair grows in the trashiest shape possible (think Joe Dirt)... the only comfort is that I know that at each session, several of them are going to vanish never to be seen again! Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, face hairs  >:-)

Sounds like you have all of your supplies in order! For what it's worth, coffee is not as dehydrating as folks make it out to be (see this article, for instance: http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/01/13/262175623/coffee-myth-busting-cup-of-joe-may-help-hydration-and-memory). If you are terribly concerned, a quick cup before you leave the house shouldn't have time to dehydrate you much and might cure the grumpiness/slight headache of caffeine withdrawal!

So excited for you, Laurie!

Hi p

Yes I had a good breakfast. How could I not, I mean it's steak and eggs after all.

Coffee, according to my electrologist, should be avoided not because it dehydrates you but because it make you more sensitive to the pain. I've read that here also. I'm starting to feel weird about putting the lidocaine on and then covering it in saran wrap for the drive to her office. I'm sure I am going to feel really silly doing it. This first visit is almost as bad as when I went to see the psychiatrist, but I am going. Really I am going to go do it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

Congrats on your first torture electrolysis session!

Yes, wearing Saran wrap on your face does feel a bit weird at first.  But, like everything else, you get used to it.  It is part of what you need to be yourself.  And you are almost certainly not the first client ever to walk in that door or sit in that waiting room wearing it. 

Although my electrologist books mostly shorter sessions, 15 or 30 m inutes for other clients, I know she has other 60 minute bookings, not just mine.  Those other ladies, most of them likely cis, probably need to use lidocaine too.  So you are in good company.  It is just part of being a woman.    >:-)

Fortunately, I can usually park right out front, so it's a short walk to her front door.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Shy

Hope all goes well for you Laurie.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie.
  •  

Laurie

Thanks Kathy and Sadie
  Saran wrap is in place. Laters

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rayna

If saran wrap feels conspicuously weird, you could cover it with colored tape. Might as well pretend it's your costume lol.
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Yeah Randy, uh thanks for the suggestion.

Well I survived.
  I arrived before she did and hung out in the hall saran wrap and all for maybe 5 minutes. (she did call to say she would be a couple minutes late.) I forgot to take some Tylenol or ibuprofen before the appointment. I had her start on the side without the lidocaine to see how it was. I was able to tolerate it and the machine was about 2 setting down from max. She worked on that cheek for a while then moved on over to the numbed side. I could still feel it but it wasn't as sharp feeling. So I wound up with two red cheeks too low and forward to be blush.
  She liked the polish job on my nails asked if I had done it myself. Next appointment is on the 27th.

Now what's for lunch?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

davina61

See not that bad( she says having yet to do it) , just to make you hungry had chicken and tomato curry with aubergine and potatoes , that's another curry  . Have some left to go with pork chops in a chilli sauce , that's a curry as well. I like my Indian food!!!!!! So ready for the next session then, cant wait for myself as getting fed up shaving twice a day . Glad it went OK , had a lou day today and spent most of it grinding bits of my vw panel van, then decided to remove load bay floor pan and so far have drilled 100 spotwelds and not half way done but cant afford the £700 for a new pan, that's a lot of HRT that I need. You having steak again? looked tasty uuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Shy

Well done Laurie, I knew you'd breeze it. Now go nurse those new rosy cheeks.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Laurie on May 18, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
  I'm starting to feel weird about putting the lidocaine on  ans then covering it in saran wrap for the drive to her office. I'm sure I am going to feel really silly doing it. This first visit is almost as bad as when I went to see the psychiatrist, but I am going. Really I am going to go do it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Laurie,
   I think you would look a little silly with the saran wrap, to be honest! As your loyal friend, I am here for you. I would suggest duct tape. You could make it look like you are kidnapping yourself. No one would know.
   I did the Saran wrap thing a few times, but found it really didn't make much difference to me. Everyone's pain is different though. Laurie, my feeling is you are...agh...have, a big pain. You could always do it in areas. Refresh an area that she will work on while she works on an area that you prep earlier.
Moni
Ladies, she has been tough on me lately, so don't hate me for giving her a little 'love.'
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Rayna

Lol Moni, I gave her a similar suggestion for tape. We may be similarly sick, but nothing Laurie doesn't deserve ;)

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

The good news is my EMLA cream arrived! Might have been more useful before the appointment though.

Thank you Davinia and Sadie, I can tell who loves me and who doesn't. No it wasn't that bad, definitely pinpoint stings but tolerable. I did find myself clenching my teeth several times though.

Duct tape huh? Kidnap victim huh? Big pain huh? You best start preparing your hiding places Moni as in phony balony. If I do happen to get to Maryland I'ma huntin you down.... I'll show you what a pain I can be. You just watch me....
  And you, Random, Did you forget I know where the Springs are in Colorado? It might be a little out of the way but I know how to get there... You could just get randymiized one of these days.

On a side note. That dang Davinia has gotten me running around in public with painted nails now. But mine aren't dark manly colors. Oh no, mine are that pretty pink you saw in my picture before.  I can't bring myself to do the reds or darker pinks yet though. It's nice not having to remove it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie K

Hi Laurie,  Do you find the Emla helps? I did not.  Upper lip and jaw bone is a tough go. Are you doing multi needle or single ?

The ball is now rolling....I hope it doesnt run me 0ver
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: brie33 on May 18, 2017, 09:26:44 PM
Hi Laurie,  Do you find the Emla helps? I did not.  Upper lip and jaw bone is a tough go. Are you doing multi needle or single ?

Hi Brie,

My Emla cream did not arrive until after my session so I didn't get t try it. Next time.

I did try 4% lidocaine and I think it helped a little but I did still feel it. She only worked on the front of my cheeks on both side and I was able to tolerate the stings on both. My left was with lidocaine and the right was without.
I was well hydrated and had forgotten to take a pain reliever before going.

Single

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

davina61

To be honest I keep forgetting my nails are done, I think you should try a emerald green or sky blue. Have to do the clear for sunday as its the grandsons christening , also have to be in full bloke mode. Well not so they can tell so for the fem stuff.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on May 19, 2017, 03:11:46 PM
To be honest I keep forgetting my nails are done, I think you should try a emerald green or sky blue. Have to do the clear for sunday as its the grandsons christening , also have to be in full bloke mode. Well not so they can tell so for the fem stuff.

Green or blue huh? Those are a but in the wrong spectrum of the color wheel for me. Perhaps a robin's egg blue...
Naw  I'm a pink and red girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

Congrats on your first appointment! I am glad it went well. Had some done this afternoon myself. My electrologist is going for the darkest hairs first so that it becomes less and less annoying to grow the hair out, which is nice. She's on vacation next week, which part of me (the long-term planner) is bummed out about and another part of me (the girl who lives for the moment) is thinking "No bearded lady look for me next week!"

Big hugs,
P
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Thanks p

It's good to know I can tolerate it without numbing if need be but I think I will still be using some. I just called my electrologist and left a message asking if I could make the 1 hour appointment extend into two. Might as well get to getting it done.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

coldHeart

I never knew going to an electrologist with all that pain could be so much fun I can,t wait, Laurie when ever I read the post on the tread you cooking or eating, steak! for breakfast I,m living in the wrong side of the pond.
  •