News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: p on May 30, 2017, 11:10:31 PM
You look wonderful, Laurie! I love the outfit, and I am, as always, jealous of your beautiful nails. I am so glad to see you feeling more confident. Makeover, schmakeover: You will be full time before you know it, Laurie!

Big hugs, p

p.s. - heels downhill, I say a prayer & try to bend my knees a little.

Thank you p,
  I'm still a ways away from that "M" words and full time isn't anywhere in sight. I hear you with the prayer and walking downhill with bent sure feels awkward.

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 31, 2017, 01:49:45 AM
Not sure what you actually mean I can't see anything wrong with what you are talking about...how about the rest of you ladies...can I respectfully suggest you hold the CTRL button and the scroll function of your mouse so you are able to enlarge the print so your poor tired old eyes can cope my dear  ;) ;)

Okay Liz,

Feigning innocence isn't going to fly this time. I see what you did there. It isn't going to work. nope huh ugh. Nice try though. I didn't know ctrl and the mous wheel did that. I fix these things well, never said I knew how to use them.

Quote from: Cindy on May 31, 2017, 03:18:18 AM
  Thank you Sadie.
  The best part was that I felt like I looked nice. It felt so good that I had no qualms walking past people on my way in and on the way out. I felt good and they were not going to change it by being there or looking at me.  The lobby was still a little bit of a challenge but not as bad.

Hugs,
   Laurie

And that young lady is what transitioning in life is all about. We do it for ourselves and occasionally during the the journey we get a glimpse of the real us and that reinforces the psyche.

Now enough of being supportive. This up coming road trip. We are only going to take Laurie's clothes aren't we? There will be no backing down on this will there?

Hi Cindy,

Thank you very much for the support.  As for the other thing... I'm afraid the answer is "no" I will have both sets of clothes with me as I plan on visiting a few relatives that are not aware of Laurie Though they will be before I leave their places.  Besides I'm too chicken for such an outing.

Quote from: Shy on May 31, 2017, 03:27:52 AM
Nope, all looks above board to me, nothing 01001101 01000001 01001011 01000101 01001111 01010110 01000101 01010010 fishy to me hidden in your post Liz, seems all perfectly polite and not in the least suspicious in any way. Don't know why Laurie's getting her nickers in a twist with accusations of subliminal messages, must be all that country and western she's been listening to.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

Hi Sadie,

Country is a perfect compliment to acid rack I'll have you know.

btw Sadie you do know I've been working on computers since long before they fit on desks? I read binary hex, hexadecimal and decimal. I also know what ASCII is as well as EBCDIC .... So I know what you did there..  All these not so subtle attempts to influence my thinking about that "M" word is not working.

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 31, 2017, 10:38:40 AM
I tried that once.  Even played country-western backwards listening for subliminal messages.  None found, but my truck started running again, my dog came back to life, and my wife came home.

LOL Michelle, See? Country is good for something.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

MAKEOVER NOWwas that subliminal enoughWatching Britons got talent and they just had a Bollywood dance troop on where the lead dancer was a man in female clothes and make up dancing the female part and very good he is as well.  [/URL][/img]][/img]So is this your colour?
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on May 31, 2017, 02:04:50 PM
MAKEOVER NOWwas that subliminal enoughWatching Britons got talent and they just had a Bollywood dance troop on where the lead dancer was a man in female clothes and make up dancing the female part and very good he is as well.

So is this your colour?

Hi Davina,

Now that's subtle, very subtle....

My color?  Well no, sorry. If I've said it once, I'll say it again. This girl likes pinks and reds as you can't have nails any more feminine than by painting them pink or red.

You however, are welcome to paint your nails any color you like to use. It only means we have different tastes in nail polish.
  It looks like you did a quite good job on them Davina. With all your love of auto working it makes me want to ask if you mask your nails off before painting them or is the neatness a result of skill and a steady hand? lol  Your nails do look nice, just not a color I would use for myself.

Mine are naked at the moment.  >:( I should do something to remedy that...

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

I've tried all the polish colours under the sun but always end up with the more classic reds and pinks like Laurie. Sometimes I'll edge towards nudes and neutrals, or even a french manicure if I haven't drunk too much caffeine.
But I also agree, it's what ever makes - -    * -    - * -    *   - - -    * * * -   *   * - * you happy that's important. I was really surprised at how some polish colours just made me feel awkward and self conscious whilst other had the Goldilocks effect on me. Just right. I guess that's what they call personal taste.

Sadie
  •  

Rayna

Geez, I'm going to have to get out my old ASCII character set charts to read this thread lol.

You are really getting out there, Laurie! Looking very good.

I'm in Madison, WI for a week, visiting an old college friend. We'll mainly be road biking.

I wore my girl boot cut jeans all day for flying, and it felt good. In fact those are the only long pants I brought, just to force the issue. Might wear my purple flowered tshirt today. Otherwise that's about the extent of it.
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on June 01, 2017, 04:51:32 AM
I've tried all the polish colours under the sun but always end up with the more classic reds and pinks like Laurie. Sometimes I'll edge towards nudes and neutrals, or even a french manicure if I haven't drunk too much caffeine.
But I also agree, it's what ever makes - -    * -    - * -    *   - - -    * * * -   *   * - * you happy that's important. I was really surprised at how some polish colours just made me feel awkward and self conscious whilst other had the Goldilocks effect on me. Just right. I guess that's what they call personal taste.

Sadie

Morse code now? Really? I was also a cub & boy scout in my childhood. (Mom and Dad didn't know I really wanted to be a Brownie and a girl scout) lol

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on June 01, 2017, 08:17:51 AM
Geez, I'm going to have to get out my old ASCII character set charts to read this thread lol.

You are really getting out there, Laurie! Looking very good.

I'm in Madison, WI for a week, visiting an old college friend. We'll mainly be road biking.

I wore my girl boot cut jeans all day for flying, and it felt good. In fact those are the only long pants I brought, just to force the issue. Might wear my purple flowered tshirt today. Otherwise that's about the extent of it.
Randy

Hi Randy,

Boot cut ladies jeans is a start. You better be sending me your contact info soon because I am hunting you down this trip.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

davina61

The camera lies, not that good but years of painting model air craft ect helps. Though I would try a random colour just to see (was on offer 2 for £4 and its Rimmel) . With the right outfit though------
Will have to take it off soon ,back to clear. Packed your bags yet, wig ,check, skirt ,check, make up, check ect ect
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on June 01, 2017, 01:03:32 PM
The camera lies, not that good but years of painting model air craft ect helps. Though I would try a random colour just to see (was on offer 2 for £4 and its Rimmel) . With the right outfit though------
Will have to take it off soon ,back to clear. Packed your bags yet, wig ,check, skirt ,check, make up, check ect ect

Davina,

Packed my bags yet??  ROFLMAO That won't happen until the night before or more likely the day I leave. Doing otherwise implies planning and I'm allergic to that concept.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Georgette

Got around to getting my acrylic nails fill-in today.
Decided to get a Violetta, with the Halo effect,
In bright light or sun, it is like watching a rainbow moving around on you nails, with that violet undertone.
Next month I may get the mood colors, they change colors with the temperature, like the old mood rings.

Thought of you all at the club tonight.  We had a visitor from out of town, she was very nervous.  We tried to get her comfortable.  But she was worried that somehow it might get back to the wife.
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on June 01, 2017, 09:28:34 AM
  Morse code now? Really? I was also a cub & boy scout in my childhood. (Mom and Dad didn't know I really wanted to be a Brownie and a girl scout) lol

Hugs,
   Laurie

"Sufferin' succotash!" "Ay, caramba!" "Heavens to Murgatroyd!" "I tawt I taw a puddy tat." "Drat and double Drat!" "D'oh!" "Zoinks!" "Wabbits wov Cawwots!" "That's another fine mess you've gotten me into Laurie!" "Th-th-th-th-That's all Folks!" "Foiled again!" "Exit stage left!"
You win this time Laurie, but don't think jumping in your truck and heading north is going keep you off the "M"dar!.

Sadie
  •  

davina61

well I know your doing a runner but this thread has fallen of the first page.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Cimara

You look really nice Laurie.  Your outfit is very sharp.😊
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on June 04, 2017, 02:54:42 PM
well I know your doing a runner but this thread has fallen of the first page.

Hi Davina,

If you mean it has changed into something else since the start , you are absolutely right. It has. It has evolved into something else and so have I. ;D ;D ;D
  I predict this thread will continue to evolve as needed to record what happens with me along the way.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Cimara on June 04, 2017, 03:01:14 PM
You look really nice Laurie.  Your outfit is very sharp.😊

Thank you Alexandria

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

I haven't been to active the last couple days. I woke the other morning with my back hurting probably due to working out some aggression with a large knife on the English ivy, morning glories and black berry plants that took over the chain link fence in the back of my apartment and was attacking the iris', daffodils glads and roses we planted there.
  Anyway I woke up hurting so I took one of my prescription muscle relaxers. They kinda kick my butt and I sleep a lot when I take them. I do get up for short breaks but I spend more time in bed sleeping. Last night I took another after waking again hurting. I think it's pretty much done now. Anyway that's why you haven't heard much from me recently.

In the last week or so Kaiser has been wanting to do different tests on my sister since she was diagnosed with a kidney infection and given antibiotics a ct scan and released. Since then they wanted an ultrasound of her kidneys, next (yesterday) another ct scan with contrast, and today they called to schedule a biopsy. They are still trying to figure out what it is they saw on the initial ct scan. It is scheduled for the 20th. I had hoped to at least be in Missouri by then.  I still might, she does have a son with a vehicle that I'm sure could take her.  My problem is I'm afraid of what they are going to find. We do have a family history of cancer. With my mom, another sister and an aunt having died from it not to mention my own fights with kidney cancer.
   If I leave, my youngest sister will probably come visit (since I will be gone) so Karen won't be alone having my sister Franki and her son and his wife here for her. My youngest sister won't visit while I am here but that another story.
So I'm a bit torn about what to do. I've been wanting to make this trip to Maine for several years and the chance to meet so many of you on the way is just icing on the cake. I am sorely tempted to go yet I feel I should be here for her too. I'm not sure what I'm going to do atm.

Okay now for the important business..... Sara!  Oh Sara! Are you here Sara?  I got cookies for you...
Have you been a good girl? Or do I eat them all by myself?

There's even more for later...

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rayna

Hi Laurie,

Family comes first, especially one so supportive as your sister. Do what feels comfortable to you. That said, it does sound like she has good support options, and you are not the only sister who loves her and can care for her.

I would wonder how long it will take for the biopsy results? Sometimes these things take awhile to come back from the lab.

We're with you, but I hope my schedule won't interfere with meeting you.

Love
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Shy

Hope you bounce back soon Laurie, back pain isn't nice :(

There will always be time for your trip, Maine isn't going anywhere. Do whatever sits comfortably with you girl, I suspect you already know the answer to that. It's nothing that batch of Laurie's special "thinking cookies" can't sort out.

A big hug from across the pond,

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on June 06, 2017, 10:56:14 PM
Hi folks,

I haven't been to active the last couple days. I woke the other morning with my back hurting probably due to working out some aggression with a large knife on the English ivy, morning glories and black berry plants that took over the chain link fence in the back of my apartment and was attacking the iris', daffodils glads and roses we planted there.
  Anyway I woke up hurting so I took one of my prescription muscle relaxers. They kinda kick my butt and I sleep a lot when I take them. I do get up for short breaks but I spend more time in bed sleeping. Last night I took another after waking again hurting. I think it's pretty much done now. Anyway that's why you haven't heard much from me recently.

Hugs,
   Laurie

If you were involved with someone(other than Jeanette) then I can think of a whole heap of reasons for having a sore back, none of which I can repeat here.

I am sure your road trip can wait as much as I am sure you don't want to but of course their are much more pressing engagements at home to take care of.

The cookies look great...good enough to eat  LOL

Take care of yourself 

This is not subliminal you only think it is...Makeover...make over, make over, make over, I want to have a make over, I want to give Liz all my money, I want to call Moni as in bonnie but most of all I want a make over, I want a make over ,make over, make over, I want a make over, make over, make over, cI want a make over, make over, make over, make over, make over, make over, make over, make over, make over,
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Thanks for the input folks.

My sister has already asked her son if he could take her to the appointment and got a yes for an answer. She is aware of my wanting to go and had asked me the other day if she was holding my departure up. She know that this appointment would do just that and doesn't want to keep me from going. So I am leaning towards going.

Laurie