Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p

I'm sorry to hear that your sister is still struggling. Wishing you peace and clarity as you decide about your trip. Big hugs, P
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on June 07, 2017, 02:08:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your sister is still struggling. Wishing you peace and clarity as you decide about your trip. Big hugs, P

Thank you p

She's feeling okay now. This is something new they saw and have been checking out.The biopsy should tell us what the problem is. We're in wait and see mode.

Hugs,
     Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
  These decisions are not easy. In 2007 I lost my beautiful sister to brain cancer. As a family we took turns going to help out as she was in Georgia. We tried to time it out in order to minimize the fatigue on the family care givers who lived there. I was about a week away from flying down again when I got the call that she had passed. It is still emotional for me to think about it. The thing is, we cannot see the future. We cannot put life on hold because something might happen. You have been there for her and hopefully she is okay now. If her care needs can be taken care of while you are gone, I hope you consider going. Life is for living, not for "what ifs."
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

davina61

Have a sore back myself so feeling for you (old injury) silly thinks set it off. Got my fingers crossed for your sister, if they find something at least she can have some treatment. XX D
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

Well I believe I've made up my mind to go ahead with my road trip. When I'm leaving is still up in the air but I do have a date in mind now. I have a few more things to do yet so it's not set in stone so I'll keep it to myself for now. I think I can safely say I should be on the road within a week.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Laurie

Reading Kathy's post on the unhappy thread, reminded me of an unusual experience for me this past weekend. There were a couple of times I was asked for name and email and in one case a signature. This presented a humorous situation for me. Here I am presenting female all weekend so naturally I am Laurie, being introduced uncounted times as Laurie, called Laurie, answering to Laurie, etc( a very odd, unusual experience in itself). On one forms I started to use my male legal name but changed it to Laurie. For my email I used my gmail address which is under Jeanette, as that what I was using when I made it. For the signature, I used my legal male name. I struck me as looking pretty strange.
  The other form was something associated with the VA LGBTQ+ mailing list or something like that and I decided to stay with the way I am identified in the VA records which is my male ID. Still it felt strange being laurie and uding my male credentials.
  So regardless the purposes, coming up with what name I should use in a real life setting became an odd decision making process. It just struck me as weird. Like do I really know who I am? I'm not at all sure how to answer that anymore. More and more I am becoming Laurie but I'm not ready to let go of Leonard yet.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

I had a similar experience today.  I was getting blood drawn for my six-month checkup.  Though I was presenting as Kathy, all my ID, in particular my health card, are all still in my old name.  At each step of the process (check-in, entry to lab, greeted by the nurse), they confirm your identity.  So I was repeatedly dead-named at each step.

I figured that there is no point in confusing the paper pushers, since I want my lab work processed properly and sent to the right doctor, so I reluctantly went along with it.  "Well, officially, my name is still ... "  It sure grated on my nerves, though.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 12, 2017, 01:56:17 PM
I had a similar experience today.  I was getting blood drawn for my six-month checkup.  Though I was presenting as Kathy, all my ID, in particular my health card, are all still in my old name.  At each step of the process (check-in, entry to lab, greeted by the nurse), they confirm your identity.  So I was repeatedly dead-named at each step.

I figured that there is no point in confusing the paper pushers, since I want my lab work processed properly and sent to the right doctor, so I reluctantly went along with it.  "Well, officially, my name is still ... "  It sure grated on my nerves, though.

Kathy,

It was your post on the unhappy thread that was the impetus for my post above. Sorry I have corrected it and given you proper credit. I guess I just have that danged Moe - nee on my mind.  *sigh*

I think I  have an idea what you went through though for me it isn't traumaic. but confused? Not sure what it was.

Laurie

•  

Shy

Had the same experience at the chemist today picking up my prescription. I found it all really uncomfortable having my man name called out when presenting female in a packed store. I may ask for some quiet discretion next time, but I think with dispensing drugs they have to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on June 12, 2017, 03:19:50 PM
Had the same experience at the chemist today picking up my prescription. I found it all really uncomfortable having my man name called out when presenting female in a packed store. I may ask for some quiet discretion next time, but I think with dispensing drugs they have to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's.

Sadie

Hey Sadie,

Perhaps you should do as millions of women do every day...  You were obviously there to pick up prescriptions for "him". That is all that anyone but you saw in your chore today. That is probably what the chemist thought also unless they know about your situation.
  You were just another woman picking up a husband's, son's, or some other male in their life's prescriptions. It happens day in and day out all over the world. The issue was all in your own head, girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Not just a pretty face are you girl, thanks for the insight. I'll feel much better about it all next time :) Still have to sign for the prescription in my dead name, but at least it's only the chemist that will see that. I tend to only use initials anyway.

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on June 12, 2017, 04:00:08 PM
Not just a pretty face are you girl, thanks for the insight. I'll feel much better about it all next time :) Still have to sign for the prescription in my dead name, but at least it's only the chemist that will see that. I tend to only use initials anyway.

Sadie

It comes from years of chores buying female stuff and picking up things for my Mom and 5 sisters. No one ever assumed I was doing it for myself no matter how embarrassing it was for me at the time. I even got told how good it was that I could do these chores for them.  I just remember all the times things were done for me by the women in my life. Women do it far far more than men do.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

I was at the doc today and the nurse hollered out my dead name to the nearly empty waiting room. I was glad to see that at least one person looked a little surprised when I stood up. But definitely an uncomfortable experience. And this is at a clinic where they usually do a good job of asking you your preferred gender pronouns and preferred name.

Some members of my family are in medicine, and I know that they struggle with this issue a lot--the records need to reflect your legal name, your anatomy (so we tgirls still get our prostate exams, etc.), your preferred name, your gender identity--and the intake forms and medical records software generally assume that all of these separate things are actually captured with one name and one gender marker.
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on June 13, 2017, 09:56:41 AM
I was at the doc today and the nurse hollered out my dead name to the nearly empty waiting room. I was glad to see that at least one person looked a little surprised when I stood up. But definitely an uncomfortable experience. And this is at a clinic where they usually do a good job of asking you your preferred gender pronouns and preferred name.

Some members of my family are in medicine, and I know that they struggle with this issue a lot--the records need to reflect your legal name, your anatomy (so we tgirls still get our prostate exams, etc.), your preferred name, your gender identity--and the intake forms and medical records software generally assume that all of these separate things are actually captured with one name and one gender marker.

Morning sweet p,

What a bittersweet event. On on hand there is the problem of being publicly outed regardless of how many were there for it. And on the other there was the enjoyment of seeing the surprise on the woman's face which is affirming that you don't appear to be that guy they were looking for. You passed p take your a+ and rejoice in it.
   Perhaps a little talk about discretion and preferred pronouns for their patience are in order. Maybe even a suggestion that they add a small picture of the patient in the record to prepare the staff that something may be a little different before calling the patient.  There are probably all sorts of HIPPA regulations preventing it though.
   So how did the appointment go p? Were there cookies?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

The appointment went as well as I could have hoped--my doc said usually she does 2 pre-HRT appointments and then has folks sign the informed consent form on the 3rd visit, but I brought a letter in from my therapist and got the prescription today at my 2nd appointment. Picking them up tonight! I can't wait to start this part of my transition!   :)
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

davina61

You remember I have a new manager starting (Thursday) well his name i the same as my male name , " That will be confusing" was the comments from some of the staff and I was thinking it might be UNTIL NOVEMBER ;)
Washed the truck and checked your oil yet ready for the world tour?
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on June 13, 2017, 12:50:25 PM
The appointment went as well as I could have hoped--my doc said usually she does 2 pre-HRT appointments and then has folks sign the informed consent form on the 3rd visit, but I brought a letter in from my therapist and got the prescription today at my 2nd appointment. Picking them up tonight! I can't wait to start this part of my transition!   :)

Wow good job p, Congrats on getting started. Be sure to hold your pills and bow your head and give thanks for the boobies you are about to receive. Then pop them in, swallow, and let the boobies begin!

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

Quote from: Laurie on June 13, 2017, 04:34:13 PM
  Wow good job p, Congrats on getting started. Be sure to hold your pills and bow your head and give thank for the boobies you are about to receive. Then pop them in, swallow, and let the boobies begin!

Hugs,
   Laurie
;D ;D ;D
Patti

Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on June 13, 2017, 03:09:13 PM
You remember I have a new manager starting (Thursday) well his name i the same as my male name , " That will be confusing" was the comments from some of the staff and I was thinking it might be UNTIL NOVEMBER ;)
Washed the truck and checked your oil yet ready for the world tour?

Hi Davina,

So November is the time your doing it are you? Good for you girl.

Let's see washed the truck? Well it rained a bit this past weekend and a little this morning at the grocery store.  Does that count?
  Checked the oil? Yup  my dash says I has a few more percentages left before a change is required. And the pressure gauge still says 40 something or other so there must be some left in there.
  I'm getting ready I did 2 loads of laundry and have given thought to one bag or two. Got my single cup cigarette lighter coffee pot, coffee grounds and water, So I have what's needed to start the days off.

Am I forgetting anything?

Hugs,
   Laurie