Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

I am so sorry that your family is letting you down.  That has to be very painful.  I hope that they will come around eventually, but they may not, and you will have to do what you have to do.

In the meantime, here's a big hug: ((((Laurie))))

Kathy
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Michelle_P

Laurie, I was saddened to read this latest development.  Unfortunately, family can be very rough to deal with.  They are the ones who knew us before we came out, know what we are sensitive about, and for better or worse, know what can hurt us.

Family can accept us for what we are and welcome our true selves with open arms.  Unfortunately, unlike others, family can also use us as a distorted mirror to reflect all of their own issues and troubles.  (I've gotten both responses.)

It took me many hours of therapy to figure this out, and realize there was little I could do beyond stepping back from hostility and anger.  In time, they may find healing and move past their current issues.  Meanwhile, you take care of yourself first.  You've spent far too long putting what others want you to be before being true to yourself.

In your recent trip, I think you experienced the broader world, and likely found more acceptance and tolerance than you expected.  By now you should know that being your authentic self is OK, and you have the power to forgive your past self and become a better person.

Now do it, and eventually others will see the authentic you and recognize that better person.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Thank you all for the support and kind words.  I probably shouldn't have said what I did to my daughter or posted about it here. My daughter is a good and loving mother to my grand children and she did have a difficult home life. Much of it caused by me and my inability to cope with life issues myself. My insecurities and fears that I have talked about in reference to my transition are not new to me at all. They dogged my married and family life and unfortunately they all but destroyed what used to be a loving relationship with my daughter when she was little. I suppose it still is. Try as I might I have not been able to overcome the blame she has for me. My coming out as trans to her didn't do me any favors with her.
   I was correct in my prediction that I would not get another response from her last night. I probably would not have liked reading it if I had. I have taken the step of dropping my ties with her and the family on facebook. I think it best if I do not continue to see updates there as it will only cause me more pain.  If in the remote chance she wishes to contact me she has my email and my phone number. I will strive not to initiate a conversation with her again as I don't believe it would be a good thing to do.

I'm sorry I caused all of you concern over my personal problems though I am grateful for it.  I had a bit of a cry and a bit of sleep both of which has helped. Sometimes life hurts and you have to feel it. Thank you all for being there for me and reaching out. I'm okay.

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

As is said, you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family. That sucks Laurie but as for burdening us on the forum NO, friends here who will support you . Its like a good therapy session , cuddles Davina XX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on July 19, 2017, 10:49:57 AM

I'm sorry I caused all of you concern over my personal problems though I am grateful for it.  I had a bit of a cry and a bit of sleep both of which has helped. Sometimes life hurts and you have to feel it. Thank you all for being there for me and reaching out. I'm okay.

Hugs,
    Laurie

Don't be sorry Laurie, we were just concerned that you were OK and you are, so problem solved!!

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

My thanks again Liz and Davina.

Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Well I have gone an done it. I made yet another OMG What have I done moment. Wow do I ever feel weird.

I just posted  that I was transitioning on my facebook page with a picture.

As Shania Twain said in her song Love Gets Me Every Time..
"I gol' darn gone and done it"

For better or worse it's done I done hit the post button.  I guess I am out now.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Devlyn

Screw hiding, live your life as you wish.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 20, 2017, 01:22:20 PM
Screw hiding, live your life as you wish.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

That's what I am trying to do Devlyn but it doesn't make it any less scary.

Laurie

•  

davina61

No going back now then, well done the next thing will be you going for that make over or shopping in you best dress
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on July 20, 2017, 03:34:02 PM
No going back now then, well done the next thing will be you going for that make over or shopping in you best dress

Thanks Davina, I can always count on you for a smile. Yep the cat's out of the bag now and the responses so far have been good enought to make me cry some more.   Dang hormones.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Rachel

Laurie,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with your family.

Way to go on FB. That took courage. Do you feel relieved you did it?

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Rachel Lynn on July 20, 2017, 04:10:23 PM
Laurie,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with your family.

Way to go on FB. That took courage. Do you feel relieved you did it?

Hi Rachel,

Thanks. I'm sorry about the family too but it is what it is and I have to do what I need to do. Unfortunately I lose my grand kids in the conflict too. I will survive and it will be what it will be. I'm finished crying about it and being hurt. I'm not broke and god can't fix me.

Am I relieved about posting on facebook and for all intents and purposes coming out for good? I would have to say yes but it was not easy to do. I felt the need to do it while driving the last stretch home from my trip. It took me until today to actually do it and it was with a sinking feeling that I hit that post button. So far I am getting responses in support of what I'm doing. I do not really expect to receive responses from those that will not support me. It is more likely they will fade into the shadows. What's kind of funny was the first 2 responses were from friends from those shadows. Friends that I seldom interact with anymore. But they are still there and apparently reading what I post.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
   I think we can't live a life without acting like a fool at some point. I know I have, you have, and daughters are not immune to this type of activity either. The smart folks learn from their mistakes and move on. I am not big on religion but I hear people say things like, 'It is not for me to judge. God is a forgiving God." When people use religion to do battle with loved ones, it really is a sad misunderstanding of the true meaning of why they honor a God. (Mainly thinking Christianity here.) This to me is all logical stuff, I know you hurt on an emotional level. You have a lot of love headed your way from people on here (I hear even ThatWoman sends you hugs.) I know you are strong, but it is okay to hurt, to mourn loss, and also, when the time is right to move on. Love you Girl and wish the best for you.

Moni

ThatWoman--"Can I give her a hard time now?

Moni--"No, she's having a hard time right now!"

ThatWoman--"How about now? I'll just mispronounce her name or something"

Moni--"You either make her smile, or go to your room!"

ThatWoman--"Oh man, I never have any fun!"

Moni--"Okay she's pouting. Does that ease your soul just  a little?"  XOXO
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 20, 2017, 04:41:21 PM
Laurie,
   I think we can't live a life without acting like a fool at some point. I know I have, you have, and daughters are not immune to this type of activity either. The smart folks learn from their mistakes and move on. I am not big on religion but I hear people say things like, 'It is not for me to judge. God is a forgiving God." When people use religion to do battle with loved ones, it really is a sad misunderstanding of the true meaning of why they honor a God. (Mainly thinking Christianity here.) This to me is all logical stuff, I know you hurt on an emotional level. You have a lot of love headed your way from people on here (I hear even ThatWoman sends you hugs.) I know you are strong, but it is okay to hurt, to mourn loss, and also, when the time is right to move on. Love you Girl and wish the best for you.

Moni

ThatWoman--"Can I give her a hard time now?

Moni--"No, she's having a hard time right now!"

ThatWoman--"How about now? I'll just mispronounce her name or something"

Moni--"You either make her smile, or go to your room!"

ThatWoman--"Oh man, I never have any fun!"

Moni--"Okay she's pouting. Does that ease your soul just  a little?"  XOXO

Here she come now singing Moni Moni...

Moni, you make me laugh even when you cause me tears. Yes, I hurt.

Love ya

Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: davina61 on July 19, 2017, 02:35:20 PM
As is said, you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family.  Davina XX

You are right Davina. In America that expression goes like this, "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends noses."

Laurie congrats on Facebook outings. In for a penny, in for a  pound! (Is that right Davina?) It is no mistake to do it.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

coldHeart

Laurie sorry for not repling sooner
I'm really sorry to heard about your daughter & grand children it really hurts I know as I lost my family over an arguments years ago, give you daughter some time to digest it all like you said she has you number & email so you never know.
We're all hear to support you & keep that moni woman of your back. Renting you hugs from the UK. Sara
  •  

Janes Groove

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's issue with you being transgender, Laurie.   It sucks that the simple act of not hiding one's inner gender identity is met with so much hostility sometimes.

But consider this,  if your grandchildren are any any way gender nonconforming, lgbt or different from everybody else in any way they now have a strong grandparent to look up to as a model. And so does your daughter as well.  Since you are keeping the door open there is always hope, with time,  to reconcile all differences between you.
  •  

Laurie

Hey everyone thanks for the support. Yeah, having the run in with my daughter though not directly over my being trans, it was indicative of how my telling her has been affecting our relationship. We've not discussed it any more since I told her, but there is a proverbial elephant in the room. I needed to do something even if it turns out wrong.

btw  Since I am out on facebook I see no reason not to invite you to join me there it you would like. You can use the link in my profile

Positive support is all I'm seeing so far.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

*sigh* I guess it';s time to get back to mundane things. My electrologist returned my call and I've 2 appointments set for next month for another 3 hours.  2 hours on the 2nd first and then 1 hour about 2 weeks later. I may increase the second appointment to 2 hours if the first goes well and finances allow it.

I guess I'll go buy more plastic wrap so the emla cream doesn't dry out. I know I'll still feel silly wearing it. I'm beginning to think facial hair dysphoria is an acquired thing. Since I've been dressing daily I've become more bothered by my facial hair sometimes shaving twice a day though with my beard it not that noticeable. The problem is, I know it's there and I don't like it. More so now than ever before. More and more I feel it shouldn't be there.
   Is it dyspohria? I don't know but I want it gone.

Hugs,
   Laurie