News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: Kendra on August 04, 2017, 01:21:23 AM
I hate to admit when Laurie is right - and she is right! 

All my electrolysis was done by the same professional, Shelley Barouh in Seattle.  Currently board of directors for the American Electrology Association and was their president for many years.  She has trained quite a few other electrologists.  Every part of the process went exactly the way she predicted - she knows hair.  If there weren't enough reasons to root for her she has many transgender clients, MTF and FTM.  (Some FTM procedures involve a skin graft which needs to be permanently clear of hair.)

Kendra it sounds like she knows her stuff. Technique makes such a huge difference to the results. Poor technique can add many more hours to the time getting zapped. I have pretty much just very light hairs both in colour and texture. She is thinking another 5-6 hours, 2 x dental block sessions and we should be ready to hit maintenance mode.
I have had many hours with facial injections, and 10 dental blocks and they are by far the best of anything near or around the lips...along the edge of the nose was the worst for me.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

gv2002

I was asking Kendra, thank Laurie! I'm not a fan of man hair on myself! I'm luck that mine is small diameter and not pencil lead like some. I'm thinking Homer Simpson! I was 40 before I started shaving more than once a week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Kendra

After a couple hundred hours of electrolysis how close am I to done?  Currently (if I may use that word) at a two week interval, hair removal on the main area of my face is under two minutes.  When I go in I see maybe three hairs starting to form under chin, one or two dots above lip but she finds a couple dozen roots with her magnifier.  If that's all I was doing I'd have a 15 minute appointment every couple months for the next year and then stop. 

The reason I'm still there two hours every two weeks is - touching up sideburn area, an occasional stray near eyebrow line, a few in the ears (the joys of passing half century mark).  Electrolysis in the ear sounds and feels like a tiny paintball gun.  Last few visits, everything above the shoulders was 15 minutes on a two week interval.  And then 60-90 minutes working on genital area... seven times now, finally getting quite clear.  Any remainder of the 120 minutes is used for rest of body, almost nothing left.

None of this involved injections and I have never used the correct EMLA method - no saran wrap or whatever to keep the EMLA from evaporating.  Two ibuprofen 30 minutes before and a dab of EMLA around mouth, jaw line and neck (I don't bother with that any more).  In 200 hours I used up 3 tubes of EMLA.  I bought two in Australia (over the counter there) and one in Canada.  For genital area my electrologist sprays on some numbing stuff.

Going this far with electrolysis isn't necessary for areas other than face or non-GRS genital area.  Laser removed the majority of my body hair but didn't get all of it.  We know HRT thins out body hair but I had reasons to do this backwards.  I hate to use the term perfectionist (don't be shocked) but after getting this far on electrolysis I might as well complete it.  Starting out with a full thick beard (the typical 40,000 roots), 2/3 of this zapping was necessary and 1/3 was just being picky.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Well it took you long enough to answer her Kendra. I was about to pull out the cattle prod to get you moving but then realized you would enjoy it too much and that kind of movement I rather not be part of.

Now can I have my thread back? You are getting as bad as That Woman, what's her name again? Mini? Marlo?
LOL I am just kidding folks.

Hugs to ya all,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: amandam on August 04, 2017, 12:31:37 AM
I've had all of mine removed. The pain isn't bad with the way they do it now with the cold air. When I first could afford it, I needed injections for pain.

I had the laser treatment in 1993. I was intense.
  •  

amandam

Quote from: Gertrude on August 04, 2017, 10:40:24 AM
I had the laser treatment in 1993. I was intense.

It is so much better now, I highly recommend it.

Quote from: Laurie on August 04, 2017, 10:11:15 AM
  Now can I have my thread back? You are getting as bad as That Woman, what's her name again? Mini? Marlo?
LOL I am just kidding folks.

Tart!
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: amandam on August 04, 2017, 10:56:48 AM

Tart!

Okay, which of us three does this refer to and just which definition are you trying to convey.
I am taking it as being in jest and hope Kendra and Moni do too.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Kendra on August 03, 2017, 09:38:50 PM
Over 200 hours of electroloshock here, baby!

Okay Kendra, it is starting to make sense why you and Laurie get along so well.

On another note, I was in Dr. McGinn's office a while back and on the back of the door was an article warning about dangers about the over use of the  pain cremes. I didn't get a chance to read it since I was thinking someone would open the door and have splattered Moni all over the joint. Just sayin! I used it pretty extensively in the nether regions without any problems.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 04, 2017, 02:14:06 PM
Okay Kendra, it is starting to make sense why you and Laurie get along so well.

On another note, I was in Dr. McGinn's office a while back and on the back of the door was an article warning about dangers about the over use of the  pain cremes. I didn't get a chance to read it since I was thinking someone would open the door and have splattered Moni all over the joint. Just sayin! I used it pretty extensively in the nether regions without any problems.
Moni

Hi  mundo,

There was some discussion of the hazards of using too much of the cream at one application in another thread. I cannot remember which (sometimers dontcha know). But yes there are definitely hazard of  over application. I do not think it has an accumulative effect over time though. If it did though... that might explain a few things about you. hmmmm maybe...
   Sorry mmmmhmmoni, I couldn't resist.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

jentay1367

Quote from: Laurie on August 04, 2017, 02:27:05 PM
  Hi  mundo,

There was some discussion of the hazards of using too much of the cream at one application in another thread. I cannot remember which (sometimers dontcha know). But yes there are definitely hazard of  over application. I do not think it has an accumulative effect over time though. If it did though... that might explain a few things about you. hmmmm maybe...
   Sorry mmmmhmmoni, I couldn't resist.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Hey Laurie, l think I chimed in at one point that I had ened up with an issue where my heart started beating wildly, I couldn't catch my breath and was forced to sit on the floor right in the middle of Costco. I'd just left her office after having had slathered the stuff on like shaving cream during the whole session (I was a more is better person) and left to go shopping. Didn't feel right the whole drive there and then it just hit me right in the middle of shopping.  I thought I was having a heart attack. It was more than a little bit scary.  So do be careful with that stuff. I certainly was after that. Rather be talking with you than about you. ;)
  •  

davina61

See Laurie she is a real smooth customer, bet she has silk bed sheets
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

Beyond any shadow of doubt - no more roughing it.  ;)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on August 04, 2017, 02:36:57 PM
Hey Laurie, l think I chimed in at one point that I had ened up with an issue where my heart started beating wildly, I couldn't catch my breath and was forced to sit on the floor right in the middle of Costco. I'd just left her office after having had slathered the stuff on like shaving cream during the whole session (I was a more is better person) and left to go shopping. Didn't feel right the whole drive there and then it just hit me right in the middle of shopping.  I thought I was having a heart attack. It was more than a little bit scary.  So do be careful with that stuff. I certainly was after that. Rather be talking with you than about you. ;)

Yep, Lisa. That was the post I was referring to. I can imagine the panic your incidence caused you. I put it on thick but not too large of an area. Just enough for Christina do work on. The second area was applied in her office and doing it's thing while Christina was doing hers on the first area.

Thank you for relating the story again.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on August 04, 2017, 03:07:29 PM
See Laurie she is a real smooth customer, bet she has silk bed sheets

Hi Davina,

I believe you are referring to Kendra.  Yes, I can see her longing seductively on scarlet satin sheets enticing the unsuspecting passer by into her lair. yup, yup I can. She's such a vamp.

Hows those nails coming along? Any new curry recipes?

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

jentay1367

Quote from: Laurie on August 04, 2017, 03:52:23 PM
Hi Davina,

I believe you are referring to Mundane or whatever she is going by now, (I can never keep up with her name changes. I swear she is using a different one every time she posts something) Yes, I can see her longing seductively on scarlet satin sheets enticing the unsuspecting passer by into her lair. yup, yup I can. She's such a vamp.

Hows those nails coming along? Any new curry recipes?

Hugs,
  Laurie

Yeah...it freaked me out and others in the Costco as well. Old people on the floor flopping around always get others attention. The things we girls will  do to get attention.  LOL!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Kendra on August 04, 2017, 03:27:06 PM
Beyond any shadow of doubt - no more roughing it.  ;)

Beyond a shadow of beard too! No more stubbling over it.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on August 04, 2017, 03:57:12 PM
Yeah...it freaked me out and others in the Costco as well. Old people on the floor flopping around always get others attention. The things we girls will  do to get attention.  LOL!

Is that what I'm doing wrong, Lisa?  I'm still trying not to attract attention. This may need some pondering.

•  

Rachel

When I had my 6 genital clearings at Papillion each time I have injectable lidocaine. They tell you your heart will race, you will get hot and sweaty and have a dry mouth. It only lasts a minute or two. I was so happy the needle manipulation in my groin was over I just laid  there in an endorphin rush.

I never had an issue with topical lidocaine.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

amandam

Quote from: Laurie on August 04, 2017, 11:54:07 AM
Okay, which of us three does this refer to and just which definition are you trying to convey.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Ya, just kiddin'!
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on August 04, 2017, 11:54:07 AM

Hugs,
  Laurie

I am, surprised you had to ask Laurie...you of course
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •