Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Well my Sister in C it so happens Monday I go my oncologist for the report on my 6 month scans. The last time it was a ..."I'm sorry to tell you this but the cancer has returned. Surgery or palliative care are now your only options."

This time will be a cake walk for both of us!!

Since I'm 24 hours ahead in time zones, how do I beat you in the presentation game?

Oh! maybe in my freezing cold Adelaide clothes!

Just remember, the show isn't over until I sing!
  •  

Laurie

LOL Cindy,

You are a sight in those clothes, I'm still thinking about what I'll wear. I'm leaning towards a skirt and matching blouse outfit. Now I suppose I'll need to post a picture. This will be a first time there for me as me so it ought to be interesting.

I'll be praying for good results for both of us.

It's been a bit warm here but is cooling down again.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cindy

I'm just thinking that this is your first time having scans, bloods, exams in female clothes. It can be a bit different.

If you are having scans you have to remove your bra. Skirts are a pain on the CT tube as they tend to fall over the side of the bed/stretcher thing and no one wants them to get tangled. They can also be difficult to lie down on the stretcher with without showing leg and underwear. No one cares but the patient (you and I). Loose sleeves for blood draw. No metal belts.

So be ready to take clothes on and off.

You may get the wonderful affirming words if you get contrast medium. "Women often feel as if they are going to pee themselves. I assure you that you are not".
Or as my tech said for my last scan (we know each other by now), 'Get ready ready for a warm one without the drips'. Australia is a different world :laugh:

I have no idea how my medic techs get to know me but they are all rude and disrespectful to this sweet little old lady.

Grump  >:-)
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Cindy on August 12, 2017, 04:40:30 AM
I'm just thinking that this is your first time having scans, bloods, exams in female clothes. It can be a bit different.

If you are having scans you have to remove your bra. Skirts are a pain on the CT tube as they tend to fall over the side of the bed/stretcher thing and no one wants them to get tangled. They can also be difficult to lie down on the stretcher with without showing leg and underwear. No one cares but the patient (you and I). Loose sleeves for blood draw. No metal belts.

So be ready to take clothes on and off.

You may get the wonderful affirming words if you get contrast medium. "Women often feel as if they are going to pee themselves. I assure you that you are not".
Or as my tech said for my last scan (we know each other by now), 'Get ready ready for a warm one without the drips'. Australia is a different world :laugh:

I have no idea how my medic techs get to know me but they are all rude and disrespectful to this sweet little old lady.

Grump  >:-)

Thanks Cindy for the tips. I'm an old hand on the CT table and have an intimate relationship with the contrast. It always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling and bad taste. I just hope for a non vein blow out experience. Those hurt, they hurt a lot. I hadn't thought about skirt problems but this skirt isn't very full. I'll keep it in mind though and check. If I have to take it off that's not a big deal as I always had to drop my pants for the previous scans and yes last time I was wearing panties. So nothing new there. The top is sleeveless so no problem there. I'll either have to buy a hookless bralette or go without because all my bras have hooks. I did think of this earlier. I could go braless as mine are small enough that they do not sag yet. I would just have to ignore a couple of direction indicators pointing the way.  It's the crowded waiting rooms and first contacts with the people I see every time that work there. Like the older lady that does the IVs, she'll come out calling Mr. Wickwire and I'll be the woman that stands up. *sigh*

Yeah it is going to be interesting.

Sweet little old lady huh?  Okay.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

Good luck on Monday, Laurie.  If anyone in the waiting room gives you a hard time, just tell them that feminization is a side-effect of the contrast stuff.   >:-)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Devlyn

Good luck, Laurie! Everyone was great when I was at the hospital a few weeks ago. I got the warm wet feeling too. When the tech came back in I said "It did feel like I peed myself" and he said "No one has yet!"  :laugh:

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 12, 2017, 06:30:00 AM
Good luck on Monday, Laurie.  If anyone in the waiting room gives you a hard time, just tell them that feminization is a side-effect of the contrast stuff.   >:-)

Now that's funny! When I was at the urologists I noticed there were two kinds of people in the waiting room: Old men and transgender women. I wonder what was going through those old guys heads.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

HappyMoni

Laurie drop Clyde back in your purse so a part of me will truly be with you. Good luck Monday, Sweetie!
Moanie
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Laurie,

Whenever I check in at a clinic of any kind I request for them, particularly the nurse calling me in, to use my name. They have almost universally complied.

And if this contrast fluid works so well for feminization, shouln't all of us Transgender women add it to our hrt cocktail?

Good luck girl, we will be praying for you.

Tia Anne
  •  

Rachel

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

davina61

I have every thing crossed for you, hoping you have the results you want . Big hugs from here XX.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Thank you all for the support. I'm sure, well pretty sure I'll survive my outing come Monday. I am still working on what to wear and probably will go shopping today for a hookless bralette to keep my turn indicators from misbehaving.  I'm getting a little better at venturing into the women's section but it's going to feel weird shopping in the bra section.

Yesterday was a bit of a difficult day for me. Some of you may have noticed. Sorry. I was once again having those self defeating doubts and insecurities about transitioning. You know the ones. The WTF do you think you are doing? Just look at you, you're not a woman, you're a man. I don't feel like a woman. All that crap. It put me into a pretty good funk and at one point it caused my ocular orbs to leak as one of our sisters put it recently. I think I could even have been described as distraught. I believe it was caused by several things hitting me at once. I just didn't feel right.
   Fortunately I ran into a devil last night, well the devil's advocate actually. She caught on something was bothering me pretty quickly and wouldn't leave it alone. She kept badgering me with reason and logic and facts, throwing them at me every time I tried to squirm away with silly unsustainable arguments. It took her a few unplanned hours that I'm sure she could have put to better use rather than having to contend with my nonsense. But eventually she got through to me and I began to feel better and putting me back on track.

Thank you Liz for last night and all of our other private talks.

See folks? I'm human just like all of you out there. I have my bad days, some worse than others. I get down and let life send me into a funk where I need someone to batter some sense back into my head. Without help and support of my friends here I couldn't have made the progress I have. All of you here help me in some way, some more than others but all of you help me to be who I am.
  I have my good and sometimes great days too.
  Life can't be all doom and gloom. We must have out victories over our difficulties or we couldn't keep going. They sustain us and give us hope. Sharing them gives others hope, Isn't that part of why we are here? To provide support, to others and to get support for ourselves? To get and give help? to give and get hope? That's why I come here and share what goes on with me. It helps me and maybe helps someone else in the process.
  Thank you everyone for being here for me.

Today is a better day.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica Lynne

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on August 12, 2017, 06:59:45 AM
Now that's funny! When I was at the urologists I noticed there were two kinds of people in the waiting room: Old men and transgender women. I wonder what was going through those old guys heads;D
Hugs, Devlyn

If those TS Women were looking good, then most probably, reassessment of their values.
  •  

Jessica Lynne

Quote from: Laurie on August 12, 2017, 01:58:34 PM
  Hi folks,

See folks? I'm human just like all of you out there.

Hugs,
  Laurie

You're the toughest Broad we know, so we have a little fun with ya'. But we all love and respect the hell out of you!
Monday's gonna come and go with a clean bill of health and then it's back to the hard part, living.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Jessica Lynne on August 12, 2017, 02:02:57 PM
You're the toughest Broad we know, so we have a little fun with ya'. But we all love and respect the hell out of you!
Monday's gonna come and go with a clean bill of health and then it's back to the hard part, living.

Thank you Jess,

I sure don't agree with the being tough part. My funk wasn't about Monday, well it may have had a small part. it was just the usual crap that hits all of us from time to time. I'm past it again for awhile.

Hugs,
   Laurie
    I

•  

coldHeart

Yes good luck for Monday fairy godmother whoops I mean Laurie, your fly through it.
Moni you offering Clyde around, what you still have him not at home in a jar surely!
  •  

Jessica Lynne

Quote from: Laurie on August 12, 2017, 02:09:11 PM
  Thank you Jess,

I sure don't agree with the being tough part. My funk wasn't about Monday, well it may have had a small part. it was just the usual crap that hits all of us from time to time. I'm past it again for awhile.

Hugs,
   Laurie
    I

Hugs for you too, Sweetie. Actually, extra ones, cuz' some days just hella suck! This too shall pass ;)
  •  

davina61

Looks like we all get the WTF am I doing days even me, goes with the job.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on August 12, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
Looks like we all get the WTF am I doing days even me, goes with the job.

Hi Davina,

Unfortunately  you are right. it goes with the territory. It sure is not my first time and it will not be my last but with friends helping it doesn't last long.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

davina61

Yes just coming on here and reading posts helps, love to every one
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Georgette

Sounds like you all have been having "fun" this past week.

Me I just keep on my going out till I drop week, after all I am only 66. 

Tuesday a fellow MtF female friend and I sang and drank till they threw us out at 0200,  Went next door and had some early breakfast laughing and telling tales till after 0400, Nice weather and talked some more in the parking lot till 0430, We are getting to be more and more close friends, Driving home at 0500, Good thing my drive is opposite to rush traffic, I finally went to bed around 0530.  I'm determined to take her down with me, I call her kid as she is about 2 years younger than I.  Slept till after noon, still felt slow all Wednesday.

Thursday my annual eye doctor, Hate those drops for dilation, Spent the time at home resting my eyes for another night out, Meeting my special friend again, Another gal special friend (MtF CD haven't seen her since end of June) joined us and others, Spent the time chatting and singing but left early around 0100, No breakfast just went home, Did get to bed around 0300.

Friday decided to go to one of the local support groups to see people (1900-2100), Haven't been there since December, After that went to the club to see who was out, Sang and danced and chatted with other friends till 0200, Went home don't know when I went to bed.

Saturday some of us went to a different place, An all type of games place, Played some pool and chatted, Left there before midnight, It was warm and humid (big rain storm had gone thru), Home to bed sometime.

Today just another stay in night.

Monday is my Movie and groceries day, seldom go out at night.

Other than all that it is usually similar.  Week after week it tends to repeat.

Georgette
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•