Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi folks,

Yes, the news was definitely welcome news and I thank each and all of you for sharing me apprehensions before and my happiness over the results today. Indeed it was welcome news. But I didn't even touch on the aspect of today's events that Kendra alluded to in her post. The part involving this being my first time having to check in  with the people that have only seen me in male attire, going to have the labs drawn an IV put in by the little older lady that always does it and I told about be before, The same CT techs, another chick in at the clinic where my oncology  appointment is, and of course seeing my oncologist for the first time who I had also told before. As i said before facing these challenges caused me a little bit of apprehension even though I am getting pretty inured to it now. The different that concerned me were these were people I see every 3 months and the lobby and waiting areas are always full.
    Today went pretty much as I anticipated. Walking in and checking in was not an issue at all. I guess I am getting used to it more than I thought. But when the IV lady came out and called out in her loud voice "Mr. Wickwire?" I cringed and followed her into the room. She's a nice lady and I always enjoy talking with her. After telling her I am going by Laurie now she apologized and said she was going to make a note of it for future use. I had told her before but she see dozen of patients every day and I haven't had the records change to reflect the new me. She said I looked great and said she was happy for me and thought my coming out took courage. She also said she loved my transgender veteran T-shirt. I told her of my trip while she worked, then it was back out to the waiting room. Sure enough about 45 minute on of the CT techs comes out and hollers "Mr. Wickwire?" ( I really need to get that name change made ) Again not issues getting the CT scan done, after all they are professions in the medical profession and act accordingly.
   Then it's off to the oncology and check in no issues except when the worker gave me my folder she directed me to area "D" instead of the usual Area "A" so off I went down the hall, around the corner and down that hall to area "D" where a nurse took my folder inside  only to return 5 minutes later to tell me I was in the wrong area and sent me back to area "A". I took a peek inside at my paperwork and right at the top it said there area I was supposed to go to was area "A". Why sent sent me to D I do not know but I'll choose to give her the benefit of the doubt and believe she just made an mistake.
  In the waiting area I notice a few sidelong looks and one  outright stare. I was completely oblivious to anything in the CT area but noticing it in oncology was slightly uncomfortable, but only slightly. When the doctor's assisting nurse called "Leonard Wickwire" I followed her  telling her I was going by Laurie now and let her weigh me and take my vitals. Surprisingly she told me my BP was very good and referred to me with a friendly "girl" She ha also noted I was Laurie on my paperwork for the doctor to see. Another wait and I answered  when 'Wickwire" was called and ushered into the room to wait for my oncologist. When Doctor Graff entered the room she greeted me with a hug and compliments, even telling me I looked beautiful. I could not have had a better reception. She told me that when she saw the note on my name she didn't know what to expect.. She listened with interest and delight while I  told her that I finally did my trip to Maine completing my goal and that I did it almost all in girl mode and had gone full time.
  We talked about her two kids and their excitement about a Disney cruise to Alaska they have booked. And she expressed sorrow that I'm no longer in touch with my daughter and grand children due to my daughters reaction to my coming out. I explained I cut off communications because I was done with being hurt by her blaming me still for my past failings at home. we them moved on to the business of why I was there. She checked me out and then gave me my relief by telling me the good news. Another hug and I was checking out and on to my gender therapy session.
  Checking in was no problem at all and while waiting I chatted to a couple of others there in the waiting room. The doc came and got me and I followed him to the office where I brought him up to date on my escapades across country and my visits with all the wonderful ladies I met, including you Kendra, and my decision to continue living full time upon my return. It required a couple tissues for the telling. I don't know why talking about all of you ladies bring on ocular leakage but it does. My therapist was very much in approval of my progress and we discussed my feelings on all of it. It had been almost three months since I last saw him and we had a bit to talk about. I'll continue the discussion in two weeks.
   GP appointment about hormones tomorrow. First time as myself there too.

Well there ya go folks. That was the "rest of the story"  Overall it was a very good day though not with out it's low points. I find I being misgendered is starting to matter a bit more to me now. A young neighbor the I told both names to and my preferences as to which I'd like used under what circumstances is still calling me Leonard and I noticed last night that it was starting to bother me now, I'll have to ask her to use Laurie now.
  Anyway that's all for now.

Hugs,
  Laurie

PS Sara: I love heels. When perusing shoes online I set the heel height to "3 1/2+ inches" and start there. I even am drawn to a 5" or 6" fetish pump with ankle locks. ssssshh That's a secret. I'm too sweet to be drawn to kinks.
lol

ljw

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Kendra

Congratulations girl.  If you didn't already seal it with your drive part way around the planet, you sure did today.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

p

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you, Laurie--for the good news about your health, and for your courage in going as Laurie to all of your appointments. Definitely a tough thing to do, and the doc's offices often do not get the memo on our preferred names / gender. Hope the GP goes well!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

davina61

Nice one sister, glad all is fine, 8lb in 3 months well I need to lose 20 but like you will never be less than a UK18 due to ribs, just need to make my ass a 18 as well (14/16 at the moment) and then might have a waist.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

I am at the VA clinic waiting to see if the enrollment office will open the door so I can see if he can do something about this horrible picture on my VA card and possibly my name.
  Saw my GP and discussed name changes and he said he had written letters for this purpose in the past as required for Washington state where I was born.   I'll be needing one to have my birth certificate changed when I'm ready. That will begin that ball rolling. I mentioned to him that changing my legal name is a scary step for me. But at least I know who to get the letter from now.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

More from the VA..

I talked to the enrollment guy and got the form to change my name with the VA... Not an easy task. It requires 2 forms of ID with my new name on them. So back to square one. It looks like I will have to pursue my birth certificate change from which all documents flow.  ::)  More research will be required into government red tape. *sigh*

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my estradiol labs still are not back so no verdict on hormone adjustments though I did  get to say I would like an increase if possible. Plus when talking with him about his max dose he'll prescribe I got it clarified that he would consider a higher amount if an endo or documentation could give him reason. He also mention in the conversation that I have expressed wanting to add progesterone too. So he still has that under consideration.
   I told him I am still getting cramps in my feet and lower legs and he doesn't think my medications have anything to do with it, thinking it might have more to do with my change to women's shoes. I disagreed but he did suggest checking for a physical foot problem and being seen by a podiatrist and he has ordered xrays.

That's about it. Home now.

Got a couple pics for your enjoyment.

Hugs,
   Laurie

At the VA Clinic

Doesn't this scream "A girl lives here?"

•  

davina61

That's what my dressing table drawer is like (less the sink!!!!) . Red tape , that's jobs for the boys (meaning justifying there jobs/existence) . Btw just painted my nails minty green, wasn't sure but loving it now.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on August 15, 2017, 04:22:51 PM
That's what my dressing table drawer is like (less the sink!!!!) . Red tape , that's jobs for the boys (meaning justifying there jobs/existence) . Btw just painted my nails minty green, wasn't sure but loving it now.

I've got my polish on my computer desk so I can read the forum post whilst making my nails purdy.
My doctor's nurse assistant had here nails a light blue. I must admit I kind of liked the blue. I told her I wasn't into these new colors and I liked pinks and reds. She said see noticed my finger nails and toe nail were the same color and that it looks cute. She said it had been a long time since she had a manicure and took my hand to look closer at mine. She was a little surprised that I had done them myself and noticed that my nails were my own and said I was lucky I could grow them long. I pointed out to her I had just trimmed them because some had broken. Then smiled at her and told her one of the things I am enjoying now is being able to talk to women about women's stuff. It's so fun.

I forgot to mention I was again summoned from the waiting room by her calling out "Leonard Wickwire". I felt sorry for her because as soon as she saw me get up she was sorry for doing it. I could see it in her face. There was nothing but remorse there. I just said I was going by Laurie and told her it was okay as she didn't have anyway of know by her paperwork. She promised to try not to do it next time. It was different when we got in the room as she is usually all business but this time we chatted a little first. Somehow our relationship had shifted.

Hugs
   Laurie

•  

Anne Blake

Laurie,

In my humble opinion emotions and feelings are the greatest gift from hrt but the second best is the relational shift in life. I can not think of the last time that I spoke with a woman that we did not include chatting about life before and after dealing with the original point of being there. It is something that I never expected and now totally love....yes, the boobs are nice too.

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Love the response Tia. I noticed the chat is beginning to happen in unusual places. It's kind of nice. And yes the boobs are a nice bonus. I get the points. I'm standing proud in more ways than one.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 14, 2017, 06:41:16 PM
Hot dog, does that mean you and I can throw down again, you Rascal you!
Moni

Oh I found about 6 of those pounds you lost. Most are on my butt.
You can have some of mine if you want...no charge LOL
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on August 15, 2017, 03:00:41 PM

...and a dam messy one at that...clean your act up girl or you will have the cosmetics police paying you a visit  :police:
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on August 15, 2017, 05:26:09 PM
  Love the response Tia. I noticed the chat is beginning to happen in unusual places. It's kind of nice. And yes the boobs are a nice bonus. I get the points. I'm standing proud in more ways than one.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I agree with Tia and you that the interactions with other women are far different than the used to be. Women talk to other women in far different ways that men talk to men or men to women or women to men...its such a pleasant way of communicating and suits me just fine!   
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Dena

I talked to the enrollment guy and got the form to change my name with the VA... Not an easy task. It requires 2 forms of ID with my new name on them. So back to square one. It looks like I will have to pursue my birth certificate change from which all documents flow.  ::)  More research will be required into government red tape. *sigh*
Google "name change in Oregon" and one of the juicy links will be this one. Normally you fill out the form, submit it to the courts, possibly see a judge and the prize will be a court order to change your name. Take this to everybody first like social security, VA, banks and so on. Last on the list is to change your birth certificate as they may keep the court order. Some states require you publish the name change and if so, ask about acceptable papers. California allowed one that published the adds really cheap and every so often I would find a copy of it on the porch and I didn't even subscribe to it. The regular paper was far more expensive to run adds in.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Hi Dena,

I think I have that one bookmarked for reference purposes. I thank you for looking into it for me. I have done some of that research myself.
Two problems are that it is for Clackamas County and all forms are for Clackamas Country.  I live in a neighboring county and have to find the process and forms for my county. The other issue is the I was Born in a different state so birth certificate changes will have to comply with their rules.
   So I have more research to do. I also have this irrational block to overcome before I can begin the process for real. Making the required changes to become Laurie legally is one of those "irreversible" steps I find difficult to take. I know, I know with all the progress and difficult steps I've overcome already why should this little thing be an obstacle? It seems silly I know, but it is there just a strong as my going into a store to shop for and purchase a woman's item paying for it at a live cashier.  It was easier to go into that truck stop an ask for help. There I had no other choice. Here I do, and it takes a conscious effort to make that choice. I haven't yet made that choice. I do need to do it. I know that.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Dena

Normally the court order you receive will work in another state. I had a complication with Wisconsin as I needed a different form for the gender change and it wasn't on their web site. If you add the county name to the search, you might be able to pull up the forum you need. As I don't know the county or city, I leave it to you to do the searching. I was able to get through RLE without changing my name so it's not really a requirement however in those days we mostly used cash and I only used checks for my rent and bills paid by mail. On the other hand, I just change my birth certificate so that shows you how important that document is.  ;D
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Thank you, Dena for looking into it for me.

On another note. I had forgotten to ask my therapist a question yesterday. So I sent him a message asking if he had  made my voice training referral had been done since I had not heard anything from then. He replied that he believed we decided to not do that until I returned from my little  trip. (another thing I must have forgotten. There seems to be so many of them recently) Anyway he submitted my referral this morning. It may take several weeks to hear back from them. *sigh*  Well it's not like it's a crisis is it?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

I told him I am still getting cramps in my feet and lower legs and he doesn't think my medications have anything to do with it, thinking it might have more to do with my change to women's shoes. I disagreed but he did suggest checking for a physical foot problem and being seen by a podiatrist and he has ordered xrays.
  Hugs,
   Laurie

Are you drinking enough water? Are you on Spiro?
Moni

If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Dena

I was/am a list maker. When I was seeing a therapist I would write down all my thoughts over the week so I could make the best use of the expensive sessions I  was paying for. I would do that for other transition related things as well to make sure I didn't forget anything and then I would check  them off when completed.
  •