News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on August 22, 2017, 08:42:16 AM
Laurie, you have taken so many both small and huge steps so quickly, I just have to applaud you for going where our Laurie has never gone before. Did you ever expect for any of us to speak of you as demonstrating a role model? Thank you for demonstrating such courage while living in the same fear that we have all known so well.

My only question is, now that you are wearing this new badge of authority, is it going to reign you in or give you more opportunities for hunting. It is called "Global",  are you now going to try to bag a Liz for your trophy wall? What ever you do, stay away from Cindy, she could eat you for lunch without breaking a glisten.

Keep it going sister,
Anne

Thank you,Tia,

Me a model? No I'm far too old for that.  Ohhhh sorry , "role" model, No Anne I ddo not think of myself as a role model. Gheeze, it hard enough to think of myself as a mod and to be honest I resisted it when first approached. I was not coerced into the job. Far from it. I rejected the notion several times giving a myriad of excuses. I gave it a lot of thought and spoke with a number of folks about it before making a decision during facial torture. (No, not related) I had been telling my electrologist about being offered the job when she asked be point blank "Are you going to do it?" it was then I realized my excuses were just that, excuses and most of them lame excuses at that. I suddenly realized I'd made my decision and told her,"Yes"
   I submitted my final resume and was allowed to stew on it a bit (after all I'd made them wait) until waking up yesterday to find out along with everyone else I had joined to team.
  I hope I am up to the task. It is going to be a challenge.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

p

Ooooh look at miss fancy pants! Don't forget about us little people, girl!  ;)
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: p on August 22, 2017, 12:09:53 PM
Ooooh look at miss fancy pants! Don't forget about us little people, girl!  ;)

Not a chance Patti. I'm sure you and many others here would never allow that.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

davina61

Will have to watch what I post now, does that mean only Moni is allowed to get rude replies?? ;)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on August 22, 2017, 03:08:31 PM
Will have to watch what I post now, does that mean only Moni is allowed to get rude replies?? ;)

Hi Davina,

No Moonni, does not have exclusive rights to that. Though I do need to be a bit more careful in my own replies. It just wouldn't do for a moderator to get moderated. At least it wouldn't do for me. I like it here.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Alright this nonsense has got to come to a stop! It's really getting out of hand! I've just finished my labs, CT scan, Oncology, and gender Therapy session on August 14th. Then the next day , the 15th, I had an appointment with my GP. To add insult to injury, on the 18th I had facial torture!
And now, as of today I have new appointment for xrays followed by an appointment with a podiatrist. the 29th is another therapy session. Next month 3 more 1 hour sessions of facial torture on the 18th, 2oth, and the 26th.  The next day on the 27th is my initial voice training session!! If that's not enough my sister has her kidney freeze and biopsy in two days.
  I tell you it just too much! too many obligation on on specific days and at specific times! Yes, they are "scheduled" With so many "appointments" it is making spontaneity and loosely controlled chaos a;most impossible.
  My gosh these people are making me almost "plan" ahead. And we all know that is just not right! It's not how I do things! Nooooo, I can't do it! I cannot begin to understand how this could possibly have happened.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on August 22, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
  My gosh these people are making me almost "plan" ahead. And we all know that is just not right! It's not how I do things!

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sorry Laurie I am going to be rude and use foul language

PLANNING

Sorry for being abusive but I can't help myself... I know, I know....but unfortunately you are going to have to do it to a certain extent...somehow I don't think any of the professionals will buy into your chaos theory...Sorry for my bad language but I feel someone should say it.  ;)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

You're cruel, Liz
   :( :o :'( :'( :'(

Hugs anyway,
  Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Laurie on August 22, 2017, 03:15:58 PM
Hi Davina,

No Moonni, does not have exclusive rights to that. Though I do need to be a bit more careful in my own replies. It just wouldn't do for a moderator to get moderated. At least it wouldn't do for me. I like it here.

Hugs,
   Laurie
Oh, I like a challenge. (Sounds of chops licking in the background.)
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 22, 2017, 10:05:33 PM
Oh, I like a challenge. (Sounds of chops licking in the background.)
Moni

You'll lose Flamonie.
  Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Today could be better.  Last night I got a FB message from my niece in Pennsylvania. She was upset and needed to express her support of me. What upset her was a FB discussion that has been going on recently with my sister in Colorado, my daughter, a few other relatives, various friends. I have not seen any of it since I do not follow this sister and have removed my daughter and family from my friends list.
   Anyway my niece brought to my attention that they were discussing transgender issues in general and myself in particular. It appears my sister and my daughter have disparaging views of transgender folk like us. Not only that but my daughter went on somewhat of a rant (my niece's words) specifically about me and was making accusations about me that I believe are undeserved. I confirmed this with my sister here and it sounds like it was more hurtful towards me than my niece was telling me (she did not go into detail)
  As you can imagine hearing this has hurt. 
  I felt I needed to address some of this with my daughter and I have done so by way of composing an email to her. I tried not to express anger as I am not angry. Rather I am hurt and disappointed that she would say such things as she apparently has in such a public forum where many of our mutual friend and relatives can see it. I'm not too happy with my sister in Colorado either. I feel they engaged in and were doing a good job of character assassination though I know none of the details they actually expressed.
   I  do not know how my daughter will react to my letter and wait with trepidation to find out. I fear it may only have caused more of a rift between us in spite of trying to word my concerns carefully. I fear there may be no hope of reconciliation or even a desire for one on her part.
  I want to cry. damn scratch the "want".
  Sorry, I needed to share my feelings.

•  

KathyLauren

I am sorry that you have to go through this, Laurie.  I can only imagine the pain you must feel when those who should be your strongest supporters are instead the most hurtful.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Laurie,

I also want to express my sadness over you having to go through this. We all know how badly rejection and intentional maligning can hurt and how especially painful it can be from family. Not that it will ease the pain but this validates that blood alone does not make family and you know that your brothers and sisters here are there for you.

Please get hold of me if it will help.

Tia Anne
  •  

Jessica Lynne

Oftentimes, things that fall apart fall together again. Not always, but sometimes. Give it some time, Hon. And count to 1000 slowly before you say or send anything. My thoughts are with you. There's no easy answer for this stuff. :'(  Jess
  •  

davina61

What can I say just you have my support.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

p

Oh no! I can only imagine the pain that this must be causing you. I am so sorry that your daughter and sister felt the need to disparage you in a public setting like that. They must have their own unresolved issues/feelings about themselves to want to do something like that to you. I hope that I and others here can help you heal from this. All my love, Laurie!!!
Big hugs,
Patti
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
   I am sorry also. It is not only hurtful and uncalled for on their part but cowardly as well. What kind of stupid religious beliefs have people doing something like this? Shame on them! Sorry, but you don't deserve this crap. Love you Girl.

Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Thank you everyone.

Yes, it hurts and I cry some, but I think I'm ok. I don't need to go for a drive yet. lol

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on August 23, 2017, 05:51:41 PM
Thank you everyone.

Yes, it hurts and I cry some, but I think I'm ok. I don't need to go for a drive yet. lol

Hugs,
   Laurie

Laurie,

You can't pick your relatives. You can pick your friends, and sometimes they can be better family than blood.

Even better is when people pick you and make you family, not because they're related to you, but just because they value the great person you are. That's what we've all done here for you.

I'm glad to hear you're going to be OK, but know that we all love you and will help you get through the rough spots, just as you help everyone else here.

Hugs,

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on August 23, 2017, 06:39:48 PM

Even better is when people pick you and make you family, not because they're related to you, but just because they value the great person you are. That's what we've all done here for you.

I'm glad to hear you're going to be OK, but know that we all love you and will help you get through the rough spots,

Hugs,

Stephanie

Thanks Stephanie,

Those parts of what you said that I've highlighted is what keeps me coming here. Like everyone else here I have my ups and downs and can use the support we can get from the good people here like yourself and everyone else that steps up when needed.

Laurie