Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Nope, still not going to do fruit. Besides I had enough of boot camp way back in 1971.  Ain't gunna happen.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cindy

I thought MAC did really good make-overs.
  •  

Lucy Ross

Quote from: Laurie on January 01, 2018, 12:12:35 PMI have a question for you Lucy. When are you going to come out to Christina? I can tell you she doesn't bite and is used to folk like us. Besides she make a good confidant and therapist and she is a joy to have as a friend even though she does tend to sting.
  I hope you had a good New Years Eve.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Oh, I've been going to her en femme since the start, I've just never bothered to use this name; although, as it happens, I did bring it up this last session.  In the last few months I've dialed it back to more androgynous, it's more how I feel at the moment, like I'm a building under construction.  Using Lucy everywhere is a step I feel I haven't reached yet, so I persist with my male name.

Shes says Lucy is also a store name, some place that sells womens' activewear. 

Bridgeport's a bit tosh for me, too.  Might be a fun place to go strolling around, though.  "Village" also always makes me think of this weird TV show from the 60s, The Prisoner, whose title character was unable to escape from this little seaside hamlet "The Village" that he found himself in.
1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

Cassi

Aha!!!!

I am not a number

#6....
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Lucy Ross on January 01, 2018, 06:21:37 PM
Oh, I've been going to her en femme since the start, I've just never bothered to use this name; although, as it happens, I did bring it up this last session.  In the last few months I've dialed it back to more androgynous, it's more how I feel at the moment, like I'm a building under construction.  Using Lucy everywhere is a step I feel I haven't reached yet, so I persist with my male name.

Shes says Lucy is also a store name, some place that sells womens' activewear. 

Bridgeport's a bit tosh for me, too.  Might be a fun place to go strolling around, though.  "Village" also always makes me think of this weird TV show from the 60s, The Prisoner, whose title character was unable to escape from this little seaside hamlet "The Village" that he found himself in.

Well you didn't tell me you went to her en femme so I can stop being cagey when talking of you to her? She might call you Lucy if I do. I thought you were going dressed as a guy.

I used to watch The Prisoner too and the Avengers.

•  

Roll

That show (The Prisoner) sounds really interesting actually, and seems to have a great audience rating. I'm surprised no one has tried to do a remake.

Edit: Oh. They did in 2009.

Edit 2: Oh. And Ridley Scott is making a movie. HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS?
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

We are needed Mrs. Peele.  When Emma Peele would beat up the bad boys while wearing her leather outfits.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

LizK

Mrs Peele was always my hero and I spent more time looking at what she was wearing than the story line...but I used to spend a lot of time doing that.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Cassi

In all honesty, so did I.  And there was April Dancer, the Girl from UNCLE.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Oh I am so with Liz on Emma Peele. LOVED Emma.

•  

Lucy Ross

Christina knows I'm transitioning too, so feel free to talk about Lucy.  Minus anything TMI, natch. I never bring up personal matters I've read on this board either, natch X 100.  When your face is full of lye burning out follicles it's kinda hard to be a chatty gossip anyway...

Ridley Scott might actually make a decent Prisoner film. "I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own!"
1982-1985 Teenage Crossdresser!
2015-2017 Middle Aged Crossdresser!  Or...?
April 2017 Electrolysis Time  :icon_yikes:
July 12th, 2017 Started HRT  :icon_chick:
  •  

Cassi

They did make a mini-series of it.  Just like they did the Invaders with Scott Bakula
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

p

Happy 2018 Laurie! Sorry I have been away for a while--was visiting my parents for xmas / my bday / new year's eve. Looks like you had a wonderful lunch with Kendra & co! Love and hugs!!!!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Hi Patti,

Well since you were on vacation I guess I should say Merry Christmas,  ! ittaP ,yadhtriB yppaH Happy Birthday, Patti !, and Happy New Year to you Patti.  Glad you made it home for the holidays and back safely.

Love ya
  Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

My friend from Missouri, Peggy, has been here in Oregon for the holidays visiting two of her kids and her three grand kids. She messaged me this morning talking about a sale at Victoria Secret where they had good smelling stuff on sale for $4.99 each which is about a 3rd of the normal price. She asked if I want to go shopping with her I didn't say yeah or nay. After telling another member here who shall remain nameless (but her initials are BethanyZ) and getting admonished and told I should go by hey. I acquiesced and told Peggy okay.
  So I found myself showered, fresh face paint, and wigged in the car with Peggy and her youngest grand daughter on my way to the mall. Once there we headed directly to VS and all the way in the back where we proceeded to sample their wares 2 tubes of hand lotion and 6 bottles of spray fragrance mist later we pay our bill and head out of the mall but on the way out I saw a kiosk  down a bit from where we were that is doing brow threading. I had watched them doing it on my last visit about a month or more ago. Peggy had never heard of it before so I explained what threading was to her. She wanted to see it so we went down to watch. Unfortunately they were not working on anyone. We talk to one of the techs and she demonstrated how it was done on Peggy's arm they asked if we wanted to do it. I had told Peggy I almost did the time I had watched it before and she could see I was tempted so she said go ahead if you want to we can wait. So there I was in the chair leaned back and head back a little more. I had pushed my wig up some so the tech could get at my brows a bit easier. she was almost done when she went over to the corner to get a small brow brush and scissors when My wig fell off. I managed to catch it and put it back on. I don't know if anyone saw or even if the tech saw or if I had some of my own hair sticking out but it was on. She finished  trimming my brows and I was done. I paid her the $15 and a 33% tip.
   So now I know what it is like to have my brows threaded. Both Peggy and I have returned to our abodes smelling like workers in a french bordello and happy with out purchases. I am safely back in my room.

Tomorrow I have 2 appointments. the first I am not enthused about going I'd rather skip it, but I will go. I am still a bit peeved with my therapist after last visit. The second appointment is with my speech pathologist for another voice lesson. That one I won't mind going to.

That's all folks.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Jayne01

Sounds like you had a good time with Peggy and her granddaughter at the mall. Well except for the wig mishap, which you seem to have done a nice recovery.

Does brow threading hurt or is it just like plucking?

Jayne
  •  

Michelle_P

Therapists can be sort of annoying, especially when a good one starts pushing us to deal with stuff we'd rather not.  Not a comfortable experience.

I have a therapist appointment tomorrow as well.  *SIGH*

My speech therapy appointments were fun.  Essentially an hour of girl talk, some scripted, while instrumentation ratfinked my voice foibles to the speech therapist.  I'm getting better at maintaining speech pitch and prosody.  Practice, practice, practice...

Nice job on the wig recovery!   I sort of cheat.  I use double-sided wig tape to keep the forehead placed properly, so I couldn't have shifted the wig, but then it also wouldn't fall off.  For brow work (I have mine waxed at a Benefit Brow Bar) I just push my hair out of the way.  Same for electrolysis.

I use this tape:  https://www.amazon.com/Lace-Curve-Hypo-allergenic-Piece-Adhesive/dp/B00XDQ77CC   The pieces are pretty big, so I cut them in half along their length and usually cut those pieces in half again, getting 4 pieces from each.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jayne,

Yes I enjoyed the time at the mall though we didn't do any window shopping. I found threading to be less pain than plucking. It wasn't bad at all. I was surprised. my brows are now a bit thinner and cleaner above and below with a bit of an arch. She didn't really have a lot to work with but I like it.

•  

Jayne01

In late 2015, my wife and I spent two Saturday's in a row shopping. The second Saturday we arrived at the shops before they opened (after a very early morning therapy session) and we stayed until after they closed. Neither of us are shoppers and we had such an awesome time. The shopping trips were to find women's clothes for me. The shopping part was a lot of fun. The women's clothes for me ended in a spectacular disaster, but that is another story from my past.

I'm glad you had a good time. It's nice seeing the old Laurie back. You look good with a smile on your face.

Jayne
  •  

Megan.

Hey Laurie, very glad you got out and got some lush smellies!

I have my brows threaded (and tinted inc.  lashes) after a waxing mishap left me looking like I'd been in a fight! Great isn't it, and now you've done it once, you can just go back any time you like [emoji4]

Please be sure to tell your therapist how you feel about them, with that feedback they can better understand where you are on your comfort scale and if you're ready to be challenged again, or just need support and a friendly ear.

Megan. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•