Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

First go at Makeup

Started by Artesia, March 19, 2017, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artesia

Finally did my avatar picture.  It is my first ever attempt at makeup.  My wife helped even it out a bit, okay A LOT.  The picture isn't that good, and neither was application of the makeup.  Made a huge mess of my fingers with the nail polish.  Toes were a bit better, but still not quite right.  I'm thinking that blue is not my color.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Jill E

Yay! I'm happy for you. You can't go wrong with natural tones. Urban Decay make a great palette called Naked Basics. It's about $30, and I think everyone should own it lol.

All of it takes a bit of time to get down, but I'm sure you'll find you're less messy with it soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Quote from: Artesia on March 19, 2017, 01:58:21 PM
Finally did my avatar picture.  It is my first ever attempt at makeup.  My wife helped even it out a bit, okay A LOT.  The picture isn't that good, and neither was application of the makeup.  Made a huge mess of my fingers with the nail polish.  Toes were a bit better, but still not quite right.  I'm thinking that blue is not my color.

Baby wipes with aloe vera are your friend, cheaper than makeup removal tissues and great for cleaning brushes or fixing messes you create by dropping, banging, sliding, bumping and of course slipping when applying anything from contour to eyeliner...I managed to get eyeliner on the window the other day...how? I have not got the foggiest...removed with the baby wipes...

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Artesia

Yeah...Natural tones.  I picked a blush that was close to my natural tone, too close, as in the exact color of my skin.  You can't even see a change of where it is, and where it isn't.  My wife says I should have picked a darker color for it.  Lucky for me, I decided to buy cheap stuff till I figure out what colors work for me, and get better at putting it on.  My lipstick color that I chose, both my wife and my friend said is perfect for me.  Problem is, I don't think I could pick it again if I tried, being color deficient sucks.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •