Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Longer hairstyles?

Started by NotSure81, March 20, 2017, 10:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: Perle on July 02, 2017, 11:31:12 PM
What about a high knot? If you don't like the knot, wear a hat. And do shat other posters have said. Get a stylist to work with you and trim monthly until it's past this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Perle

Welcome to Susan's. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Feel free to have a look around and drop by the Introduction Forum and tell us a little more about yourself in the

So you are able to get the very best from being here there are a couple of links we give to all our new members

Site Policies and Stuff to Remember (https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,2.0.html)

Regards
ElizabethK
Global Moderator

Please Remember

Do not share anything on Susan's that you do not want to be public information.

Things that you should read
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Amy Chislett

Do you think having longer hair makes one prone to hair loss?
HrbHRT 21Jun2016
mtf hetero
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Get the T out of the system and you will not loose hair simply because it is long. No way

•  

Jailyn

I am glad i am not the only one in that awkward phase of hair. It is not short enough to style as a male much, but not long enough to do anything else. So yes I am using gel to help me do something. I am growing it out. In my job there are plenty with long hair as guys so I can blend in for now. This is a whole other discussion, lol.
  •  

jules968

I have been growing my hair out for over a year now and it has grown long enough to almost touch my shoulders.  My wife thinks I should get it trimmed for split ends.  It actually kind of scares me at the prospect of losing length.  I would love to get a cut in a more feminine style.  Not out yet, so I still need to mostly conceal it.  Growing my hair out has helped me Alot though.  Any suggestions?
  •  

Lyric

Quote from: Amy Chislett on July 11, 2017, 11:31:07 AM
Do you think having longer hair makes one prone to hair loss?

No, simply having long hair does not cause hair loss. Some of the abusive things people sometimes do to their long hair can, though. Pulling very tight ponytails, using tight hair clips and putting some types of chemical treatments on you scalp can certainly contribute to hair loss. When you have long hair, the less you do to it, generally, the healthier it will be.

Quote from: jules968 on July 12, 2017, 11:09:04 PM
I have been growing my hair out for over a year now and it has grown long enough to almost touch my shoulders.  My wife thinks I should get it trimmed for split ends.  It actually kind of scares me at the prospect of losing length.  I would love to get a cut in a more feminine style.  Not out yet, so I still need to mostly conceal it.  Growing my hair out has helped me Alot though.  Any suggestions?

Yes. Stop trying to have two different things at once. If you are person who feels feminine and long hair is a part of that you are doing nothing but damage to yourself and your relationships with those around you if you hide it. Instead of "coming out", gradually show the world who you feel you are. It will be awkward at first, but in the long run it's less disturbing to people than abruptly announcing to them that you're a different gender.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

soloism

How should a professional woman style her hair? There is no single accurate answer for this question. Beyond individual preferences, the appropriate hairstyle depends on many factors, most importantly, the nature of her job. The job description of her chosen profession has a great influence on the way a woman should style her hair. But other factors also come into play, such as her other social roles and her personal goals. Sometimes, these factors have conflicting demands on her. For example, a woman might be an event planner who may need a glamorous long hairstyle, but she is also a new mom whose baby likes to grab her hair. Choosing the right hairstyle is achieving a compromise for all conflicting factors and still having a confident-boosting outward appearance. The following tips will be useful in helping you choose the appropriate professional hairstyle.

1: Redefine your job description

2: Don't forget the basics

3: Strive for an ageless style

If you are in your twenties, you can still copy a lot of the trendier hairstyles, even those that are considered extremes. But you must still consider the nature of your job. For example, if you are in the insurance business, you want your hairstyle to encourage your clients to have confidence in your professional abilities. That is, you don't want your clients to think that you are too young for your job.
  •  

Jacqueline

Hi soloism,

Welcome to the site. Thanks for jumping right in and sharing your thoughts/experience. Very good thoughts to go through when trying new hair styles. Especially confidence boosting.

I also want to pass some links along to you. We try to share them with all newly posting members. They give you  welcome and rules to the site. Please go through them:

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

If you are one of our younger members, please stop by the Youth Introductions Forum and get acquainted with us all!

Things that you should read

[/quote]

Once again, welcome to Susans. I hope you find what you are looking for here. Feel free to continue to interact and ask questions as needed.

Warmly,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Amy Chislett

Quote from: Deborah on March 21, 2017, 05:01:29 PM
I just tuck my shoulder length hair behind my ears at work and don't worry about what anyone thinks.   Before I started growing it there it was pretty much a standard military haircut so it's quite a change.

The only time I do the ponytail is when I am running. 

While it was growing I just brushed it the best I could and used hairspray.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote

It does look good longer Deborah.
HrbHRT 21Jun2016
mtf hetero
  •  

Sussy

I like long hair. I prefer large curls and loose hair
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think longer styles can look very nice.  So can middle lengths and shorter lengths.  My hair is short, and it can look feminine, or not so much so if I want it not to.  I am unsure how long it will work in guy mode though, especially so with other changes going on.  I am mtf, but I have not yet tried to be full-time.

I have mine about four inches above my shoulders (or down to a bit below my ears or about my lips) and I think that is about the right length for me, perhaps an inch longer will be perfect.  My hair is not that long surrounding the front and some of both sides of my face though.  I can tuck some behind my ears now.  I will gradually have my hair gracefully fall all around, with more to tuck or possibly adorn with pretty in-the-hair combs or bows, or to gather with a barrette.

It is fun going to get a feminine cut and style.  The first one was almost like a rite of passage, it was so correct-gender affirming.  Female hair styling and adornment is for sure one of the pleasures of being a woman.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

femchick67

mine is shoulder length  easy to manage doesn't grow any longer just grows thick
  •