Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Undifferentiated

Started by DogSpirit, March 01, 2017, 06:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogSpirit

I've always described myself as a female-bodied person who is somewhere in the gray zone between male and female; I've always thought of myself as androgynous. And I was wrong.

You-all probably know this already, but androgyny is being strongly male and strongly female.

Turns out I'm undifferentiated, a word I don't hear thrown around much. I'm not much of either male or female, which totally fits.

For those who'd like the fun of taking a personality test modeled on the Bem Sex Role Inventory:
http://personality-testing.info/tests/OSRI/

-- Sue
===============================================
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in
-- Leonard Cohen, "Anthem"
  •  

Satinjoy

Hmmm.

I dont see andogyny as an identity as strongly male and strongly female. 

I see it as being hard to tell what sex you are.  And being a mix.

But its a label, and i usually dont do labels.

Huh.

I dunno.
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

Cailan Jerika

My understanding of androgyny is being somewhere in the middle, with elements of both but not strongly one or the other.

I'm bi-gender. Strongly male and strongly female, in the same (female) body.

Edit: My score was just slightly in the masculine:
Your score for masculinity was 104.
Your score for femininity was 98.

I have serious issues with them deciding that whether you like guns is a male/female thing (I know some seriously femme females who love guns far more than I do). There are a lot of questions on that list that are stereotypes, not reality.

This is not the same terminology used for transgender/non-binary at all. It's an entirely different scale that is unrelated, and their definitions don't match at all.

•  

Sigmund7

Rather an interesting personality test if anyone has a few minutes.  I came out 107/93 (M/F) - slightly more masculine.  I think that about fits my self-assessment.
  •  

MeTony

122/81 M/F. I knew already that I have a masculine personality. Cool that the test showed that too.
  •  

Sno

Quote from: MeTonie on March 03, 2017, 12:34:51 PM
122/81 M/F. I knew already that I have a masculine personality. Cool that the test showed that too.

Mine was the reverse... :)

No surprise there.

Rowan
  •  

theqnoumenon

117/89 F/M.

It's an interesting test, although there were some stereotypical questions.

Quote from: Cailan Jade on March 03, 2017, 12:12:51 AM
My understanding of androgyny is being somewhere in the middle, with elements of both but not strongly one or the other.

I'm bi-gender. Strongly male and strongly female, in the same (female) body.

And I thought the same, I've seen androgyny as something in the middle in lots of websites and conferences, bi-gender or polygender sound better to me when talking about strongly being two or more genders at the same time.
  •  

Sigmund7

Today I got 103/88, a wee bit less masculine and a wee bit less feminine. Yeah, that fits my self-perception.
  •  

JeanetteLW

I got 98 masculine and 96 feminine  IE undifferentiated.  Doesn't that agree with my head right now?  :(

Jeanette

•