Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Johnny Depp & Tim Burton

Started by Jennifer RachaelAnn, April 12, 2017, 08:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer RachaelAnn

Both gods to me. I am obsessed with them. I have virtually everything Johnny Depp has put out, and a hell of a lot of Tim Burton. My all time favorite Johnny Depp movie, which is also my favorite all around movie, is The Libertine. He plays a 17th century English nobleman, who is friends with the king, but pisses him off constantly. It's a bit difficult to get thru the first time you watch it, but well worth the watch. For a long time my fav was Don Juan Demarco and Donnie Brasco. From Hell, and The 9th Gate are great too. There's one I have that I can't watch. Platoon. I don't do well with military movies, especially if they are about the marines.

On to Tim. My favorite of his, would have to be either Big Fish, or The Nightmare Before Christmas. Big Fish gets to me a lot, but is beautiful. Nightmare, is just rockin'.

My favorite Johnny/Tim movie is by far Sweeney Todd. I love gory musicals. After that is would be either Sleepy Hollow, or Edward Scissorhands.

For Johnny there are 2 movies that weren't released in North America. The Brave was only released in Japan, and Arizona Dream was only released in Australia. I have them too. And I'm a huge collector. I have 6 copies of Alice in Wonderland. Why? Different covers. I still need 2 to complete the set. And it's like that for a lot of their movies. 5 copies of Edward Scissorhands, 3 9th Gate, 3 What's Eating Gilbert Grape, the list goes on. I have autographs, posters, random things, all sorts. Even a scene from Sweeney Todd is my background image for my desktop.

As I've said many times, I'm probably bat crap crazy, but oh well. I gotta be me.
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•