Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Well, its the weekend, and I've got a slow day today (Yaaay!).  So, rather than cold cereal or rolled oats & flaxseed meal, I did my 'leftover scramble':

1/2 cup diced mixed bell peppers
1/2 cup diced sweet onion

Sautéed in a little olive oil...

Add 2 oz leftover rotisserie chicken (Costco... it'll feed me for a week or two; I carve and freeze the bird as soon as I get it, into little frozen parcels good for 2-3 days each as a food safety measure.)

Toss in the pan until hot.

Add 1/4 cup egg substitute
Season with pepper, basil, and garlic; toss for another minute or so until the egg sets.

Serve with a toasted whole wheat mini-bagel (Trader Joe's) and 1/2 tbsp light butter

324 calories; 25 grams carbs, 15 grams fats, 23 grams proteins
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Sounds good Michelle. I frequently make use of leftovers in my breakfasts.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Deborah

Part one of breakfast was some coffee with butter in it and two super low carb coconut Paleo muffins I made last night.  A little later after my workout  I had a three egg cheese omelet cooked in real butter and topped with a cup of chile with meat and beans and some hot sauce. 

957 cal, 31 g carbs,  72 g fat, 40 g protein.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Tammy Jade

With Type 1 Diabetes I don't really have a choice but to cook.

But my staple is 1Poached Egg and 1/2 a bag of steam fresh veggies and a Green Tea with honeydew and apricot. I'm

Call me lazy if you like but it works, get up put the egg in the poacher, veggies in the Nukeawave and by the time I have finished my shower it's cooked.

It's that or get up earlier and when ur already getting up at 0430 that more then early enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Tamara Jade

** The Meaning of Life?? Is to find the Meaning of Life **
  •  

RobynD

What's your secret to poaching eggs? I follow the Youtube videos on it, swirl the water in one direction etc but i can never get mine to hang together as well as the one's you get out. They are ok but i am still losing significant whites in the water.

This morning i did a egg scramble with sautéed peppers and served it with coffee and sourdough toast.

•  

staciM

Quote from: RobynD on May 15, 2017, 06:17:04 PM
What's your secret to poaching eggs? I follow the Youtube videos on it, swirl the water in one direction etc but i can never get mine to hang together as well as the one's you get out. They are ok but i am still losing significant whites in the water.

This morning i did a egg scramble with sautéed peppers and served it with coffee and sourdough toast.

Do you add vinegar to water?
- Staci -
  •  

RobynD

Quote from: staciM on May 15, 2017, 06:25:40 PM
Do you add vinegar to water?

I do but perhaps not enough or the water is not boiling as vigorously/hot as it should?

•  

Tammy Jade

Quote from: RobynD on May 15, 2017, 06:28:40 PM
I do but perhaps not enough or the water is not boiling as vigorously/hot as it should?

Silicon egg poaching cups work well, also they save heaps on cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Tamara Jade

** The Meaning of Life?? Is to find the Meaning of Life **
  •  

staciM

Quote from: RobynD on May 15, 2017, 06:28:40 PM

It should be less than a boil or you'll over cook the yolk.  Boil it and then turn it back to a simmer for a bit.  Maybe about 80C. 
- Staci -
  •  

Cimara

I cook breakfast every day. My bf is an omelet fanatic so lots of omelets. Spinach and feta, onion and mushroom with peperjack cheese, pepper and onion with Swiss cheese.  Myself I eat grapefruit or a smoothie for breakfast.
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Deborah on May 13, 2017, 12:54:37 PM
Part one of breakfast was some coffee with butter in it and two super low carb coconut Paleo muffins I made last night.  A little later after my workout  I had a three egg cheese omelet cooked in real butter and topped with a cup of chile with meat and beans and some hot sauce. 

957 cal, 31 g carbs,  72 g fat, 40 g protein.

I've heard of butter in coffee, what's going on there? Does it lighten the coffee like milk or cream?

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on May 19, 2017, 04:58:36 PM
I've heard of butter in coffee, what's going on there? Does it lighten the coffee like milk or cream?

Hugs, Devlyn
Mostly it's just to add more "good" fat into my diet.  Plus it tastes good and gives me a real energy burst early in the morning.  It's all part of eating very low carb, moderate protein, and high fat.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Cimara on May 19, 2017, 04:49:02 PM
I cook breakfast every day. My bf is an omelet fanatic so lots of omelets. Spinach and feta, onion and mushroom with peperjack cheese, pepper and onion with Swiss cheese.  Myself I eat grapefruit or a smoothie for breakfast.

Cimara,

Omelets are good and one of my staple breakfasts. You can cook some for me anytime you want.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Deborah

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on May 19, 2017, 05:08:06 PM
Does it mix in or float on top?
It mixes like cream to an extent.  But if you let it sit for a long time it comes to the top.  I've tried this with coconut oil too and while it's good, it sits on the top like an oil slick.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

toxicketchup

I don't cook breakfast all the time, but when I do, it's usually either the traditional breakfast with eggs, ham, fruit, and a little bit of toast, or an omelette with lots of red peppers, mushrooms and onions.
PSN: Toxicketchup363 (Please include a brief message if you add me so that I know you're not a complete stranger)
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: toxicketchup on May 19, 2017, 09:28:43 PM
I don't cook breakfast all the time, but when I do, it's usually either the traditional breakfast with eggs, ham, fruit, and a little bit of toast, or an omelette with lots of red peppers, mushrooms and onions.

Sounds good to me.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi folks,

It's morning again and so another breakfast to share with you all. This morning I cooked ham and eggs my way..

I started by chopping up some ham, rainbow of peppers, onion, and jalapeno slices. I sauteed the veggies in butter then added smokey chipolti Tabasco sauce and some tomato paste. I then added the ham and cooked a bit more. I set the cooked mix aside and scramble an eggs with pepper and salt. Next I toasted a soft taco sized flour tortilla. onto which I sprinkled some sharp shredded cheddar cheeze, then the egg, and the meat / veggie mix and sprinkled on a little more cheese/ It was a tasty sinus clearing breakfast.

Bon appetit,
   Laurie

•  

Cimara

That looks amazing Laurie. As a rule I only eat grapefruit or a spinach and berry smoothie for breakfast. But Im afraid I would have to eat that. Lol
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Cimara on May 20, 2017, 11:36:15 AM
That looks amazing Laurie. As a rule I only eat grapefruit or a spinach and berry smoothie for breakfast. But Im afraid I would have to eat that. Lol

Thank you, Alexandria. It tasted good and was pretty spicy as a lot of my cooking tends to be. I tend to judge good Mexican food by how fast the sweat breaks out on my scalp. LOL. There is a Mexican restaurant In Bolivar, Mo that has a vivid green habanero sauce I like and put on everything I eat there, even adding it to the salsa they bring for the tortilla chips. It's pretty hot but good.

Laurie