Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLittlestSlam

Although I love cooking I rarely make breakfast, usually i'll juice some fruit and veggies, but when I have friends staying over I cook them the whole nine lol bacon, eggs, home fries, french toast.  I mean none of which I eat since I'm a vegan but when I do cook I'll make a quinoa bowl with veggies and spinach :)
  •  

Cimara

Butter in coffee. I have never heard of that. Is it a common thing in the USA? We make egg coffee back home. At least the older people do. But butter in coffee is new to me. What does it taste like? It seems like it would be nasty. But I can't judge since we eat double salted licorice. Lol
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

ghostbees

I'm rather lazy and just have cereal, but my favourite thing to have when the mood strikes is a large bacon omelette with loose tea.[emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Deborah

This isn't exactly breakfast but I am eating my first ever homemade bone broth right now.  It's really good with a very rich flavor.  I started it last night simmering beef leg bones with leeks, garlic, chicken gizzards, some salt, and red pepper.  The bones had a little meat and fat on them and of course were filled with marrow.   This may become a regular thing and is very low cost.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Deborah on May 20, 2017, 04:45:18 PM
This isn't exactly breakfast but I am eating my first ever homemade bone broth right now.  It's really good with a very rich flavor.  I started it last night simmering beef leg bones with leeks, garlic, chicken gizzards, some salt, and red pepper.  The bones had a little meat and fat on them and of course were filled with marrow.   This may become a regular thing and is very low cost.

But where's the beef?

Deborah,

It sounds good with the ingredients you listed. Di you strain all the goodies out or just remove the bones and leave the rest in as soup?

Hugs,

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Deborah

I left everything but the bones.  I don't want to lose even a little bit of the goodness. :-)

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Deborah on May 20, 2017, 06:38:04 PM
I left everything but the bones.  I don't want to lose even a little bit of the goodness. :-)

Normally the contents would be fully cooked out and removed. If you want to leave them in, you might run the solids through a blender with some of the broth making a smooth, thick broth.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Dena on May 20, 2017, 07:02:22 PM
Normally the contents would be fully cooked out and removed. If you want to leave them in, you might run the solids through a blender with some of the broth making a smooth, thick broth.
That sounds pretty good.  I'll try that after it all cools down.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

davina61

made a 2 egg omelette this morning filled with peppers and mushrooms to use them up before they went over
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on May 21, 2017, 04:19:44 PM
made a 2 egg omelette this morning filled with peppers and mushrooms to use them up before they went over

Over what? peppers and 'shrooms sound good to me. Cheese too?

Laurie

•  

Cimara

Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Cimara

Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Cimara on May 19, 2017, 04:49:02 PM
I cook breakfast every day. My bf is an omelet fanatic so lots of omelets. Spinach and feta, onion and mushroom with peperjack cheese, pepper and onion with Swiss cheese.  Myself I eat grapefruit or a smoothie for breakfast.

I was eating a grapefruit at work. I peel them and eat the sections like an orange. I had two sections left and my boss walks in.

Boss "Whatchya eating?"

Me "A grapefruit."

Boss <concerned look> "Are you supposed to have grapefruit with your hormones?"

Me <blank stare> "I don't know....."

The answer is apparently no, I'm not supposed to have grapefruit.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Cimara

Really? I did not know that. I eat grapefruit all the time. What does it do??
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Cimara

They should have a warning sticker on my premarin bottle. Stupid pharmacy!
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Cimara on May 21, 2017, 06:21:11 PM
Went over. As in went bad. Lol

Ahhh Thanks Alexandria.    Like Darth Vader then? He went bad... went over to the dark side..

Laurie

•  

Dena

Quote from: Cimara on May 21, 2017, 07:04:40 PM
They should have a warning sticker on my premarin bottle. Stupid pharmacy!
I get a 3 sheet double sided insert with my estradiol and the 4th page about half way down.
QuoteIf you drink grapefruit juice amor eat grapefruit often, talk with you doctor.
I am not terribly worried about it in my case because I find grapefruit is extremely bitter and even a single taste is to much. Sometimes my mom would make fresh squeezed orange juice and squeeze a grapefruit in with it. The stuff became undrinkable when she did that.  :icon_blah:
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Scrambled eggs today with chorizo, peppers and onions sauteed in butter with some fresh garlic, and mandarin orange and blue berries.

Bon Appetit
   Laurie

•  

Rachel_Christina

Sweet God Laurie that's some lump for first thing in the morning. Looks good though :')
I would have a handful of poridge every morning, that's it... Lol

•