Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on May 24, 2017, 01:15:10 PM
Sweet God Laurie that's some lump for first thing in the morning. Looks good though :')
I would have a handful of poridge every morning, that's it... Lol

Hi Rachel,

I know it looks like a lot and compared to yours it is. I have difficulties keeping the amount down when I cook. It is surprising how quickly things add up. That was just 2 eggs, 2 thin slices of onion, 2 slices each of the peppers, (perhaps 1/4 of a pepper total) and the 2 pieces of sausage. Then the fruit of course.

I like to eat too so that doesn't help. I have actually cut how much I eat by about half. By doing so I am managing to keep my weight about them same. I need to cut it more and get more exercise so I can get some of this 204lbs off.
   I don't think I will ever be thin like you though. I looked like death warmed over last time I was 170lbs.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

DawnOday

Call me a sissy. I want to eat Quiche. I mean who does not love bacon, eggs, onions, mushrooms, cheese and spinach cooked in a pie crust?
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Laurie

Quote from: DawnOday on May 24, 2017, 02:12:19 PM
Call me a sissy. I want to eat Quiche. I mean who does not love bacon, eggs, onions, mushrooms, cheese and spinach cooked in a pie crust?

Sissy

I like all those things too but usually cook something similar without the pie crust and on the stove top very close to a proper fritata. They both be good.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Rachel_Christina

I used to eat like that mind, and I used to get away with it lol
But now I have to really watch myself.
I hover around the 65kg mark, I duno what that is in pounds.
I hoped I could drop to maybe 60Kgs to maybe eat up some upper body strength.
I find it so hard to get rid of :@
I'm 5'11 and it is pretty to hard to drop the weight much more

•  

ghostbees

When I can be bothered I have porridge with lots of sugar [emoji7]
Rn I'm cooking a sausage sandwich
I brought some eggs so I might make an omelette tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on May 24, 2017, 02:38:36 PM
I used to eat like that mind, and I used to get away with it lol
But now I have to really watch myself.
I hover around the 65kg mark, I duno what that is in pounds.
I hoped I could drop to maybe 60Kgs to maybe eat up some upper body strength.
I find it so hard to get rid of :@
I'm 5'11 and it is pretty to hard to drop the weight much more

Rachel,

5' 11" and 65kg? You are skinny girl. that's 143 pounds. I am 92.5 kg and 5'8" and fat  :( :(

•  

ghostbees

I really want to do what you do with eggs like bake them with cheese and bacon but I don't know how to do it [emoji854]

•  

Rachel_Christina

Well atleast you can work on weight Laurie! :')
I can't work on height lol but at the same time I enjoy being tall so I can't complain lol

•  

Laurie

Quote from: ghostbees on May 24, 2017, 05:01:46 PM
I really want to do what you do with eggs like bake them with cheese and bacon but I don't know how to do it [emoji854]

Hi Ghost,

Sorry I didn't mean to ignore you. I read what you wrote wrong. I'm going to assume you were talking to me about  eggs though I am not sure just which you would like to know how I cook.  I don't usually bake anything so that part threw me off. Is there something in particular that I posted you would like ?  Most of what I prepare is pretty simple. I'd be happy to give you a How to post or PM for something you think you would like that I cooked.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

It's breakfast time again and for today's delight I made my own creation very similiar to a fritata but cooked entirely on the stove top.  I used 2 eggs, a bit of milk, chorizo, bacon, 4 colors of bell peppers, onion, mushrooms and sharp shredded cheese. It is seasoned wit salt and pepper plus what I call Scarborough fair (in honor of the song by Simon and Garfunkle) it is parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme of course. I served it with the cheese sprinkled on top, a hanful of cherries and salted tomato slices.
  I have pictures of the whole process for anyone interested.

Bon Appetit
   Laurie

•  

ghostbees

Quote from: Laurie on May 25, 2017, 12:40:22 AM
Hi Ghost,

Sorry I didn't mean to ignore you. I read what you wrote wrong. I'm going to assume you were talking to me about  eggs though I am not sure just which you would like to know how I cook.  I don't usually bake anything so that part threw me off. Is there something in particular that I posted you would like ?  Most of what I prepare is pretty simple. I'd be happy to give you a How to post or PM for something you think you would like that I cooked.

Hugs,
   Laurie
Oh sorry I may have directed to the wrong person[emoji15]
But I want to know how you make fritata I've never heard of it in my life!!

•  

Laurie

Quote from: ghostbees on May 25, 2017, 07:13:23 PM

But I want to know how you make fritata I've never heard of it in my life!!

Hi Ghost.

I Will be happy to write up how I cooked the fritata type breakfast I pictured above. It was fluffy in texture and tasted good too. I had never heard of a fritata until I cooked this creation before while experimenting one morning. i posted a picture on mt face book with the caption of "I don't know what you would call it  but it's good" One of my friends saw it and responded that it looked like a fritata. I looked it up and sure enough it is about the same. The major difference being that it starts on top of the stove but is then finished cooking in the oven. I cook mine completely on top of the stove.

I will work of writing that up for you. including the pictures and PM them to you.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

RavenMoon

I have either oatmeal or farina every day, with soy milk. I'm a vegetarian, but sometimes I have veggie bacon or sausage because I used to like those. And maybe an egg.

And coffee! Lots of coffee! lol I like either French or Italian roasts, and very strong.

All these breakfasts look good, but that's way too much food for me!

•  

Laurie

Quote from: RavenMoon on May 25, 2017, 08:53:05 PM
I have either oatmeal or farina every day, with soy milk. I'm a vegetarian, but sometimes I have veggie bacon or sausage because I used to like those. And maybe an egg.

And coffee! Lots of coffee! lol I like either French or Italian roasts, and very strong.

All these breakfasts look good, but that's way too much food for me!

Thank you Raven for the compliment and I will agree it is probably more food than I should be eating for breakfast. Believe it or not I have cut my breakfast down a little. It's difficult for me to envision the amount I will wind up with as I am preparing and adding the individual ingredients. I frequently wind up with enough to feed two people if not more but I am usually the only one to eat it. That does not help me lose weight at all. I'll sometimes eat only half and save the rest for another breakfast especially if it's something like a breakfast burrito filling.

I'm afraid I like my meat too much to ever understand why someone would be a vegetarian. And I fear I am too old to worry about silly things like drinking water from a hose, organic foods, non-GMO foods, cracker crust alfredo or ranch sauce gourmet topping pizzas and the like. I'm a simple person that like to eat water I have always eaten and enjoyed all my like. Let the younger folk have all that fad nonsense, it's not for me. I want real food.

If anyone reading this fall into those categories, I bid you well and hope you enjoy your food like I do.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Cimara

This morning I made waffles with strawberry sauce for Lucas and a strawberry smoothie for myself.  Our neighbor gave me a ton of fresh strawberries and I am trying to use them.
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

RavenMoon

Laurie, I'll be 60 in a few months. I decided I needed to lose weight and eat healthier. I stopped eating meat about 4 years ago. I feel much healthier and a lost extra pounds and some muscle mass I didn't want. 

I'm small, about 5'5", so extra weight shows. I was determined to get close to my weight in high school! lol. Well almost. I was 125 pounds back then.

I count my calories and try to stay about 1,600 a day. The best part was seeing my ex wife (a petite woman) on Thanksgiving and she said "how did you get thinner than me?!" Lol

•  

Dani

I try to eat healthy as much as I can. Today I made an omelet with egg whites, onions, olives and cheddar cheese. I covered the cooked omelet with salsa and hot sauce. To this I added fresh fruit, strawberries and a banana. later I ate a fresh naval orange. Then off to the electrologist and then shopping. What a day! ;)
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RavenMoon on May 25, 2017, 09:23:46 PM
Laurie, I'll be 60 in a few months. I decided I needed to lose weight and eat healthier. I stopped eating meat about 4 years ago. I feel much healthier and a lost extra pounds and some muscle mass I didn't want. 

I'm small, about 5'5", so extra weight shows. I was determined to get close to my weight in high school! lol. Well almost. I was 125 pounds back then.

I count my calories and try to stay about 1,600 a day. The best part was seeing my ex wife (a petite woman) on Thanksgiving and she said "how did you get thinner than me?!" Lol

Raven,

I understand the concern and your motives are certainly good. It's working for you and that is the best part.  Congratulations on the results. I am happy for you and I mean that Raven.

As for myself, I'm 64 somewhat overweight being 204 lbs on my 5' 8" body. I think I should loose some weight and as I said before am trying to cut back on my food intake plus get in some exercise by taking walks. If it helps me loose weight so I can wear a sexier dress I'm all for it. But I'm not pushing it or joining a gym where I would have no idea what I'm doing there. I guess I'm lazy.
  I'm not in the best of health, my breathing isn't what it used to be, I get winded fairly easy, but I still can get around on my own without aids. I'm living on borrowed time as I see it and intend on enjoying what I like as long as I can and that includes eating foods I like, making road trips at the drop of a hat, turning left or right down another road just to see where it will take me. I will make it to Maine on the next one and cross the last of the 50 states off my bucket list.
  I've been told twice that I am going to die within 6 months, I've beat that both times and I don't have time to worry about what's healthy or the current fads. I'm going to eat what I like to eat and live my life as I want to live. My transition is one of those things I refuse to die not having done.

My bucket list is short and pleasures simple.

Now where that perfectly good airplane with the open exit door?.....

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

RavenMoon

Laurie, if your not in the best of health, that's the reason to eat healthy. Not a fad. You will improve your quality of life. Your health will improve. You are what you eat. Food is over rated.

I was diagnosed with CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) last year, so for me staying healthy is even more important. I have a lot of things left to accomplish in life. So I need to make sure I have plenty of time left. [emoji3]

•  

Laurie

Quote from: RavenMoon on May 25, 2017, 09:57:29 PM
Laurie, if your not in the best of health, that's the reason to eat healthy. Not a fad. You will improve your quality of life. Your health will improve. You are what you eat. Food is over rated.

I was diagnosed with CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) last year, so for me staying healthy is even more important. I have a lot of things left to accomplish in life. So I need to make sure I have plenty of time left. [emoji3]

Raven,

I wish you a long healthy life doing what works for you. Sorry for your diagnosis.

Counting calories and carbs isn't enjoying my food. Eating "Healthy" isn't enjoying my meals. Neither is  pre and pro biotics, non gmo, vegan, non dairy, no carb, low carb, organic or any of that other nonsense. Most of those IMO are nothing but self delusions, brain washing, fads, or greedy marketing and politics.
   If a physician told me not to eat a particular food I would listen, I'll keep a bit of an eye on portion size and carbs/sugars due to my diabetes, but I'll not obsess over them, other than that I will eat what I enjoy eating.
  Don't get me wrong some "Healthy" dishes are actually good. And I am not saying eating however you want is bad. It's just I do not choose to eat like that or worry about my foods. I believe if it tastes good eat it.
  I treat others views on food as I treat other peoples religions, You are welcome to it as long as you don't try to foist it onto me.

Hugs,
    Laurie