Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavenMoon

I enjoy every meal I eat. I just don't eat too much. Feeling stuffed and bloated isn't enjoyable. [emoji3] Everything in moderation. Like if I eat eggs, I have one egg. If I eat a waffle I have one waffle. You get the idea.

Also I'm very educated on nutrition. I know what's a fad and what's not.

What I do enjoy is fitting into cute clothes and having people say I look 35 years old. Lol.

I didn't make my original comment about you, but the thread asked what everyone has for breakfast. So I answered. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RavenMoon on May 25, 2017, 10:25:14 PM
I enjoy every meal I eat. I just don't eat too much. Feeling stuffed and bloated isn't enjoyable. [emoji3] Everything in moderation. Like if I eat eggs, I have one egg. If I eat a waffle I have one waffle. You get the idea.

Also I'm very educated on nutrition. I know what's a fad and what's not.

What I do enjoy is fitting into cute clothes and having people say I look 35 years old. Lol.

I didn't make my original comment about you, but the thread asked what everyone has for breakfast. So I answered. [emoji4]

Hey Raven,

I'm sorry. Of course you were responding to the thread.  I made this thread and I guess am kind of possessive with it.
   I was initially responding to your compliment,  "All these breakfasts look good, but that's way too much food for me!" , and got carried away with the last part about the amount of food. One thing led to another and off I went on another soap box rant regard one of my personal pet peeves.  So it's not your fault at all, it's mine!

I apologize to any eaters I offended with my rant. It's not my place to criticize others for their dietary beliefs.

And I apologize to you personally, Raven. Sorry for being an old jerk.

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Good morning folks,

Home made corned beef hash, egg, and fruit is the Bill of fare this morning.

This was a deliberate attempt to keep the quantity of food low and as you can see it was more than intended as usual.

This...

Became this..

It was good though.

Bon Appétit,
    Laurie

•  

Laurie

Good morning folks,

It was a mushroom omelet kind of morning. I filled the insides with red and green bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and sliced mushrooms. The shharp cheddar cheese. I served it wit sliced salted tomato, shredded cheddar cheese and splattered wit smoky chipolti tobasco sauce with a side of blue berries.

Bon Appetit,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

For those that want to know my recipe for Stovetop Fritatas here it is ..

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sorry it took so long.

Stove top Fritata

1.    First thing to do is decide what besides eggs you want in you fritata and gather the ingredients. Some things to consider are vegetables:  bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, etc. and meats: bacon, ham, sausages etc.
2.   If you are going to use raw meats cook a small amount of each drain and set aside.

3.   Dice or chop small amounts of each vegetables you will be using and set aside. (mushrooms can be raw or sauteed first if desired.)

4.    Preheat a fry pan on med-low heat with a bit of butter to cover the bottom and  small enough so the fritata will be 3/8th to 1/2 inch thick.
5.   Crack 2 -3 eggs into a mixing container. (I used a 2 cup measuring cup)
6.    Add desired spices to the eggs.  I use my basics: salt, cracked pepper, and what I call Scarburough fair- Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
7 .   Add a dash of milk to the eggs.
8.   Mix vigorously with a wish or fork until a bit frothy.
9.    Add the meat and vegetables and mix well with the eggs.

10.   Pour into your preheated fry pan and cover with a lid.

11.   Cook slowly keeping it covered until the top is done.

12.    Remove from pan and serve with a sprinkling of cheese and/or any other toping you desire.

Possible ingredients

2-3 eggs
a dash of milk (maybe a teaspoon
1 tablespoon each (more or less) diced or chopped vegetables;  onions, fresh garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, jalepenos, etc.  ( it's up to you )
1 -2 tablesppons of meat(s) of your choice pre-cooked; sausage, bacon, ham etc. ( again it's up to you )
Spices and herbs to your taste. ( I use salt, cracked black pepper, Parsley (fresh or dried) sage, rosemary, thyme)  ( it's up to you )
Toppings or garnishes of choice such as cheese, salsa, tobasco sauce, tomato, etc

•  

Cimara

I made scramblers. That is what Lucas called them anyway. Scrambled eggs, sausage and grits layered in a bowl.
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Cimara on May 28, 2017, 01:15:40 PM
I made scramblers. That is what Lucas called them anyway. Scrambled eggs, sausage and grits layered in a bowl.

I need to try them gritty things someday.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

ghostbees

Good morning [emoji5]
I finally got off my butt and cooked something!!

I used four eggs and eight sliced sausages for my omelette. It tasted delicious [emoji39]
Pics below

Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Cimara

Quote from: Laurie on May 28, 2017, 01:17:48 PM
I need to try then gritty things someday.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I had never heard of grits before I moved to the USA .Grits are not really known in Sweden. But then after I met Lucas he started asking for them. His grandmother taught me to make them. Actually they are quite good. She taught me to cook a lot of southern food since I have been in Florida. Lucas loves fried green tomato's.  Ewww yuck! And okra, double YUCK!!
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ghostbees on May 29, 2017, 06:08:28 AM
Good morning [emoji5]
I finally got off my butt and cooked something!!

I used four eggs and eight sliced sausages for my omelette. It tasted delicious [emoji39]

Hi Ghost,

That's how you do it. You get out a pan, some eggs and a few other things and before you know it you have breakfast to eat. Your eggs with sausage does look good. I'm not sure I would call it am omelet from the picture though. It's not folded and I can't see cheese. Okay okay I suppose omelets don't have to have cheese.
   It seems like a lot of food unless you are sharing with someone. Oh, wait! I remember eating that much every meal. lol

Good start on your culinary delights Ghost. Keep it up.
I gotta go I hear a pancake calling me...

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Cimara on May 29, 2017, 08:06:28 AM
I had never heard of grits before I moved to the USA .Grits are not really known in Sweden. But then after I met Lucas he started asking for them. His grandmother taught me to make them. Actually they are quite good. She taught me to cook a lot of southern food since I have been in Florida. Lucas loves fried green tomato's.  Ewww yuck! And okra, double YUCK!!

Hi Alexandria,

Yeah, those people down there do eat some strange stuff. I have to agree with you on the okra but the tomatoes may be okay. I don't think I've had them yet. I stopped at a McDonalds on my way to Floria for breakfast once and was surprised to find a fried bologna McMuffin on the menu. I had heard they like fried chicken for breakfast so I was not surprised to see a McMuffin made with fried chicken too. Yup southerners are a strange breed.
Keep on cooking.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Cimara

They eat chicken and waffles for breakfast. And a lot of these southern people love fried spam sandwiches. I don't even know what spam is. I think it must be tails and snouts and ears. EWWW. And Lucas calls some of my Swedish dishes weird!
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Cimara on May 29, 2017, 09:31:28 AM
They eat chicken and waffles for breakfast. And a lot of these southern people love fried spam sandwiches. I don't even know what spam is. I think it must be tails and snouts and ears. EWWW. And Lucas calls some of my Swedish dishes weird!
Spam consist of some of the best cuts of the pig. I think the reason it has such a bad reputation is because World War II it was given to the solders so much they became sick of it. The regular brand is over salted however the low salt version is much better and still Spiro safe. There is enough fat in it that frying helps it. For a Hawaiian twist, serve it with pineapple. You can fry the spam, put it all back in the same pan then dump a can of diced pineapple in with the spam.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Cimara on May 29, 2017, 08:06:28 AM
And okra, double YUCK!!
There is one way to eat Okra and that's breading then frying it. Boiling it will produce a pot of snot so it is sometimes used as a thickener in dishes like gumbo but by it's self, frying is the only way to go.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Laurie

Morning folks,

This morning I wanted pancakes so I cooked a couple.

One egg, two blue berry pancakes, three country sausage, maple syrup, and a scattering of blue berries.

Bon Appetit
    Laurie

•  

Deborah

I started out with a bowl of my bone stew (I fill it with too many things to call it broth) and then had my usual weekend three egg cheese omelet topped with sour cream but added something new today.  I topped the sour cream with 1/4 cup of the home fermented sauerkraut I started Friday evening.  It was really good and the sauerkraut is moving along nicely in its fermentation.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Deborah on May 29, 2017, 12:11:55 PM
I started out with a bowl of my bone stew (I fill it with too many things to call it broth) and then had my usual weekend three egg cheese omelet topped with sour cream but added something new today.  I topped the sour cream with 1/4 cup of the home fermented sauerkraut I started Friday evening.  It was really good and the sauerkraut is moving along nicely in its fermentation.

Hi Deborah,

Sounds pretty good but I think I'll pass on the sour cream. I must remember to try making some sauerkraut. It sounds good and simple to make.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Deborah

The sauerkraut is really easy.  All you need is cabbage and sea salt.  Any other vegetables you want to add just add to the variety.  I added cilantro and jalapeños to a mixture of green and red cabbage for my first batch.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: Laurie on May 29, 2017, 09:09:39 AM
Hi Ghost,

That's how you do it. You get out a pan, some eggs and a few other things and before you know it you have breakfast to eat. Your eggs with sausage does look good. I'm not sure I would call it am omelet from the picture though. It's not folded and I can't see cheese. Okay okay I suppose omelets don't have to have cheese.
   It seems like a lot of food unless you are sharing with someone. Oh, wait! I remember eating that much every meal. lol

Good start on your culinary delights Ghost. Keep it up.
I gotta go I hear a pancake calling me...

Hugs,
   Laurie
Hey Laurie,
You can call me Nathan. [emoji5]
lol I was worried three eggs wasn't enough to cover the sausages and a mans gotta eat!!

Trust me, I can't fold for toffee so it was folded afterwards. Albeit broken but still good!

I love pancakes I might have to visit your house *laughs*
Pancakes are hard to make I keep burning them!

Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ghostbees on May 29, 2017, 01:58:16 PM
Hey Laurie,
You can call me Nathan. [emoji5]
lol I was worried three eggs wasn't enough to cover the sausages and a mans gotta eat!!

Trust me, I can't fold for toffee so it was folded afterwards. Albeit broken but still good!

I love pancakes I might have to visit your house *laughs*
Pancakes are hard to make I keep burning them!

Hi Nathan,

Omelets are a good fairly easy breakfast. The first thing you need is a good nonstick fry pan. I buy cheap ones for about $10 at a department store. It will last me several months before it starts sticking. I still use some oil or butter in the pan and heat it up to a little below medium heat before putting the eggs in. I use 2 - 3 eggs in an 11" fry pan, let it cook a bit before putting the fillers in on one half of the eggs. (Cheese is okay to put on the whole thing. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Now is the time to fold and serve. There is a trick to folding an omelet.. keep the eggs thin and put fillings only on half (except for cheese) leaving the other half with only  melted cheese to fold over. Make sure the egg is free from the pan before attempting to fold and have the turner well under the half being folded.

Try that next time and see if it works better for you.

Hugs,
   Laurie