Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

Hello Laurie,

Thank you for thinking of me and virtual meals are all that I can handle at this time. My inquiring virtual taste buds want to know; what kind of onions, hopefully very aromatic red onions tossed late into the sauté so as to not lose their magic, what mix of cheeses (perhaps a good jalapeno jack and cheddar), and next time could you provide a soft buttery poblano chili sauce? And what kind of bread did you accompany it with?  As long as it is not asking too much....my virtual taste buds are rather picky you know. The orange slices were pure genius to counter the spice with strong juicy acid sweet.

Take care girlfriend,
Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Anne Blake on September 18, 2017, 01:54:44 PM
Hello Laurie,

Thank you for thinking of me and virtual meals are all that I can handle at this time. My inquiring virtual taste buds want to know; what kind of onions, hopefully very aromatic red onions tossed late into the sauté so as to not lose their magic, what mix of cheeses (perhaps a good jalapeno jack and cheddar), and next time could you provide a soft buttery poblano chili sauce? And what kind of bread did you accompany it with?  As long as it is not asking too much....my virtual taste buds are rather picky you know. The orange slices were pure genius to counter the spice with strong juicy acid sweet.

Take care girlfriend,
Tia Anne

Hi Tia,

I'll have to try some of your suggestions some time. I used a plain ol' everyday yellow onion. The cheese was indeed a jack and mild cheddar blend but only Kirkland brand. Alas  no bread was provided as I'm trying to cut my carbs but warm flour tortillas toasted on the stove top would be good with butter or a good sour dough rustic bread would be good too. (miss good breads)  And there you go with that poblano chili again.  Do I look like a restaurant chef? I do what I can with what I have.
  You take things easy girlfriend and take it easy on Deb too.

Hugs,
   Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Good morning fols,
  Well, it's a potato, onion, rainbow bell pepper, egg and garlic pancake I guess you would call it. Everything was finely chopped together, seasoned and an egg mixed in. then fried in a small fry pan on med heat. 3 hot Italian sausage patties and 2 fried eggs. Yes, I broke a yolk, so I suppose the yolk's on me. Anyway, there it is.

Bon Appétit.
   Laurie

At least the potato wasn't mushy and actually (surprise surprise) tasted good.

•  

Laurie

Morning folks,

This morning just for Devyln I attempted a tri-fold omelet stuffed with maple sausage, diced tomato,rainbow peppers,onion and spinach, cheese of course inside and out. Fried potato with toasted slivers of elephant garlic, onion, rainbow peppers.

Bon Apettit,

Laurie

•  

Laurie

Good Morning folks,

I'll admit when I thought of cooking this breakfast I wasn't too sure how it was going to turn out. I'm pleased to report that although it is different and made me question my own sanity, it actually tastes pretty good.
  I call it fried salad. I started with rainbow peppers 3 thinner slices each color halved , then a slice of yellow and red onions cut in half and rings separated, a cabbage leaf cut into strips, thin short slices of carrots (I used a potato peeler), thin slices of celery, a clove of elephant garlic slivered. and about 3 slices of tomato cut into quarter chunks and a small handful of fresh spinach very large chopped. I heated a pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkled rosemary in it allowing the rosemary to toast a bit before adding all the salad mix minus the tomato. Salt and pepper and cook until spinach and cabbage begins to wilt. flipping with a utensil occasionally. I then added the tomato and drizzled red wine vinegar over everything and mix continue cooking until tomatoes are warmed.
  As I was preparing the veggies I had my maple sausage links cooking and set aside when done. About the time I added the tomato I fried an egg convering to cook until yolk turned opaque.
  Plate and serve.

Bon Appétit.
   Laurie

•  

Julia1996

You're breakfasts always look and sound delicious Laurie. Today I made a sausage quiche with hashbrown crust. Actually I made it last night and heated it this morning. My brother made a face when I said quiche.  I asked him if he even knew what a quiche was and he said no, but it sounded like something he wouldn't like. After he tasted it he naturally made a pig of himself and ate a crapload of it. He said it was more like loaded scrambled eggs. I told him no, it was a quiche. Sigh...try to make something slightly upscale for a rube and that's what you get.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 21, 2017, 12:31:58 PM
You're breakfasts always look and sound delicious Laurie. Today I made a sausage quiche with hashbrown crust. Actually I made it last night and heated it this morning. My brother made a face when I said quiche.  I asked him if he even knew what a quiche was and he said no, but it sounded like something he wouldn't like. After he tasted it he naturally made a pig of himself and ate a crapload of it. He said it was more like loaded scrambled eggs. I told him no, it was a quiche. Sigh...try to make something slightly upscale for a rube and that's what you get.

Julia,

If you keep offering such delights as that I'm going to have to turn in my apron and turn this thread over to you. What do guys know about cooking good food anyway? All they know is eating it.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on September 21, 2017, 12:38:39 PM
Julia,

If you keep offering such delights as that I'm going to have to turn in my apron and turn this thread over to you. What do guys know about cooking good food anyway? All they know is eating it.

Hugs,
   Laurie
That is the truth. My dad and both Tyler and Tristan have acted a little skeezy about something I have made only to end up really liking it. I love to cook and I love trying new recipies. I do make kind of elaborate breakfasts sometimes but my dad likes a hot breakfast and I don't mind making it for him considering all the stuff he does for me. Tyler just happens to benefit from it. I did toy with the delightfully mean idea of just making single serving breakfasts for my dad but that's too mean even to do to an older brother. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Tammy Jade

Quote from: Laurie on September 21, 2017, 12:38:39 PM
Julia,

Hugs,
   Laurie

I know right..
I thought I was a reasonable cook but Julia you food always sounds amazing.

Makes me wish I had had more time to experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Tamara Jade

** The Meaning of Life?? Is to find the Meaning of Life **
  •  

Laurie

Good morning folks,

This morning is a breakfast of leftovers.
Leftover NY steak, a potato pancake made from 1/2 of a baked potato mashed with butter, leftover whole kernel corn and Lima beans with a bit of browned chorizo. mixed and fried in a hot fry pan then sprinkled with Smokey chipotle Tabasco sauce and a fried egg. It all came together well and tasted pretty good too.

Bon appétit,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Good morning folks,

I got up too late for breakfast so I made brunch instead. (A couple of upside down under gals kept me up all night then both went to bed on me.) I made   Cheesy scrambled eggs, crunchy fried potato and elephant garlic sticks with bacon, and a wilted veggie side where I first fried rainbow peppers and green, red, and yellow onions in oil drained and added diced tomato and spinach.

Bon appétit,
   Laurie

•  

Julia1996

I made scramblers. Eggs, sausage and grits layered in a bowl. Yes I said grits. The southern lady next door told me about grits and how to make them and we all ended up liking them.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 23, 2017, 01:40:26 PM
I made scramblers. Eggs, sausage and grits layered in a bowl. Yes I said grits. The southern lady next door told me about grits and how to make them and we all ended up liking them.
I may have had grits ages ago but I don't remember I'll have to try them again.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on September 23, 2017, 01:43:28 PM
I may have had grits ages ago but I don't remember I'll have to try them again.

Hugs,
   Laurie

They are actually quite good. I make them with cream and butter.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

steph2.0

I moved to Florida from Yankee-land 15 years ago and never liked grits... until I tried them with Vegemite.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 23, 2017, 01:55:44 PM
I moved to Florida from Yankee-land 15 years ago and never liked grits... until I tried them with Vegemite.

Steph

No Steph(anie) just no.

•  

Julia1996

Steph

Wait. What? Do you know Tristan by chance? Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Tammy Jade

Steph

Wait what??
I had to google what a grit was so presuming I am looking at the right thing on google..

Corn and Vegemite?? That works??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Tamara Jade

** The Meaning of Life?? Is to find the Meaning of Life **
  •  

steph2.0

Woo! Hook, line, and sinker. 🤣

Sorry, having some fun with Julia. Her BF is from Down Under and loves Vegemite, some of the most inedible stuff known to humans. I consider grits in the same category, so mixing them has to be deadly. I suspect the combination would cause the annihilation of all living things within 10 AU. Do not try this at home.

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 23, 2017, 03:32:46 PM
Woo! Hook, line, and sinker. 🤣

Sorry, having some fun with Julia. Her BF is from Down Under and loves Vegemite, some of the most inedible stuff known to humans. I consider grits in the same category, so mixing them has to be deadly. I suspect the combination would cause the annihilation of all living things within 10 AU. Do not try this at home.

Steph

Lol, I suspect vegemite is the main ingredient of plastic explosive. Tammy, if you ever eat someplace that serves grits try them. But they are very filling so make sure you tell the waitress to only bring you half a grit.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •