Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

The ingredients are good the final product may look messy but looks don't affect taste much
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on October 30, 2017, 08:35:07 PM
  The ingredients are good the final product may look messy but looks don't affect taste much

A lot of times my food doesn't look pretty or perfect but it tastes good. Actually I don't bother much with presentation. With my dad and brother there isn't any use. It would be like spending an hour sculpting a steak into a beautiful statue and throwing it to a bunch of lions. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jamie 65

Just found out you can cook grits in a crock pot.  Just the stone ground ones though.  let them cook all night and they will be ready in the morning.
  •  

Gertrude

What I have most mornings, 5 eggs sunny side up over Roma tomato and jalapeƱo with homemade sausage, usually 3oz. This week I made my sausage more Middle Eastern, allspice, marjoram, coriander, fennel and some sage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Laurie

Breakfast cooked on a base of melted butter,  a flour tortilla, 2 eggs spread over the top, a layer of spinach. Followed with a layer of precooked bacon and chicken mango/ jalapeno sausage, green onion, yellow onion, rainbow bell pepper, and finished with shredded cheddar and jack cheeses.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on November 14, 2017, 11:22:14 AM
Breakfast cooked on a base of melted butter,  a flour tortilla, 2 eggs spread over the top, a layer of spinach. Followed with a layer of precooked bacon and chicken mango/ jalapeno sausage, green onion, yellow onion, rainbow bell pepper, and finished with shredded cheddar and jack cheeses.

That looks really good as all your breakfasts do. This morning I just did scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. I would post pictures of my food but it's a total pain downloading them on Imgur and then having to do the whole link here. I wish I could just post from my gallery like with my profile picture.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Julia. Not all of my breakfasts look good btw. Like the omelet that decided to stick real good to the pan. And not all my creations come out tasting as good as I intended. It is call IRL cooling.
  I had had some not so good ideas too. Like the time some 40 years ago while out running around with friends we stopped for some ice cream and I had really been wanting a cold beer, so I ordered some chocolate ice cream and a beer and combined the two to make a chocolate beer float. Yes, I did drink it all. Many times in this life my thought processes have not been so good.

•  

MollyPants

Wow this making me hungry this morning!

I've had a craving for scrambled eggs for a while now but usually my breakfast is muesli at my desk! At weekends I usually have croissants ans fruit :) x

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Gertrude

Plain old scrambled eggs. 5 eggs, 3tbsp of butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Devlyn

I'm pretty sure we could add some cranberry sauce to one of Laurie's multilevel breakfasts and she wouldn't even notice.  :)
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 15, 2017, 05:11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure we could add some cranberry sauce to one of Laurie's multilevel breakfasts and she wouldn't even notice.  :)
But which type of cranberry sauce... Haha I went there!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

p

Just posting so I can follow everyone's cooking exploits here. I almost always eat the same thing for breakfast, half a bagel and cream cheese.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

DawnOday

One of my favorite breakfast meals is fried potatoes, wieners cooked in El Pato sauce with two eggs on top. No scrambled eggs allowed. If you can't handle a little spicy, this is not for you.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Some berries, double cream,nuts, whey powder, mct oil (dash) and single cream to smooth the whey. Or raw veggie salad with anchovies , yogurt and chili paste, in fact I've been addicted to this one since hrt!.
"You only live twice"
  •  

Maddie86

omg, I can't believe I didn't know there was a cooking section of Susan's until now!! I love breakfast, it's my favorite meal! I even bought an outdoor griddle so I can cook home fries and pancakes like the diners do!

I used to cook on the weekends and do cereal during the week but I haven't bought cereal in a couple months now. For a while I was doing 3 scrambled eggs with habanero tobasco mixed right in. the habanero not only gives it heat but a nice fruity flavor too! I've been craving hot sauce a lot since starting HRT. 3 eggs are filling enough and if you just use a little cooking spray then that breakfast is under 300 calories!

The last couple days I've been doing sausage and toast. I bought a good loaf of white bread from my favorite local bakery, then I sliced it and put it in the freezer, I take out 2 slices in the morning and throw them in the toaster oven and then do a half tablespoon of butter on each slice. I started liking sausage a lot more over the last couple months, and the other day I bought a 6 pack of mini breakfast sausage patties from Wegmans and they have great flavor, and only 80 calories per sausage! I started drinking my coffee black to make up for the extra calories lol
  •  

Julia1996

This morning I made blueberry waffles and sausage patties.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

aves

This morning I made three fried eggs with two slices of toast and two thick slices of peameal bacon. It's been my staple all week because I have been living in the library. I feel like it will be dinner again tonight since I won't be home until rather late again tonight.

Unless I only have three eggs left which, IIRC, there is...

I guess those will be breakfast for tomorrow.
-aves
Sept 2017- First doctor's appointment; came out socially
Oct 2017- Came out to my extended family
Feb 2018- Endocrinologist appointment; let's hope this also means T!

English/Sociology student
  •  

Laurie

It's been a little while since I offer up one of my breakfasts. I assure you I haven't stopped eating and to show you I have my breakfast from this morning. It's another omelet. Well what do you expect I like omelets.
This morning I started by melting about 3 tbsp of butter, several tbsp (of just pour some in) of white wine with some bacon bits to which I added about 3 - 4 cloves of sliced garlic and let that cook while I washed and sliced 3 crimini mushrooms. Into the fry pan with them! Sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute until about half cooked.
  While that is going on I prepare the eggs first spraying my pan with Pan and letting it begin to heat up on med-low setting. Into a cup or bowl I crack 2-3 eggs and add Scarborough fair (parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.. what else would it be?) salt and fresh cracked pepper and my latest secret ingredient, a  couple teaspoons of smokey chpolti tobasco sauce. Mix thoroughly with a fork and pour into the heated pan cover and let the eggs set to desired firmness to add the stuffings. While this is cooking mushrooms and garlic are ready and removed from heat and I diced up some green onion and rainbow pepper. As you can see in the picture below I covered half the eggs with the sauteed mushrooms, garlic and bacon and the other half with the veggies, then covered it all in shreeded cheese. I cover the pan and let the cheese melt before folding and serving.

That all there is to it.

Bon appettit,
  Laurie