Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

This morning I'm having cinnamon rolls. They're time consuming so I made them yesterday and I'll bake them this morning.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 01, 2018, 07:35:02 AM
This morning I'm having cinnamon rolls. They're time consuming so I made them yesterday and I'll bake them this morning.

yum! I've been meaning to do these but like you said, they're time consuming and I'd also just be making them for myself, so I think I'm gunna wait. I wanna do pumpkin ones though, I'd add pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon and I'd either put pumpkin puree in the dough or in the butter, and I wanna do cream cheese icing  :)
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on January 01, 2018, 09:01:31 AM
yum! I've been meaning to do these but like you said, they're time consuming and I'd also just be making them for myself, so I think I'm gunna wait. I wanna do pumpkin ones though, I'd add pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon and I'd either put pumpkin puree in the dough or in the butter, and I wanna do cream cheese icing  :)

I use cream cheese icing. It's cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Gertrude

Nothing. I've had the trots for the last day and a half. Everything just goes right on through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

V M

I made French toast using cinnamon raisin bread topped with warmed pineapple/mango syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar  \:icon_chick:/  Yum!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

This morning I made biscuits with sausage gravy. I also made another batch if cinnamon rolls and have them in the fridge so I can just bake them and make the icing tomorrow morning.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Oh, how I love biscuits & gravy if they're prepared right.

My list depends on how hungry and energetic I am.  When I lived in Texas and bacon could be purchased for two bucks a pound and eggs 99 cents for jumbo, that's what I had.

Would usually have either toast or waffles and a glass of milk :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cali on January 13, 2018, 06:45:19 PM
Oh, how I love biscuits & gravy if they're prepared right.

My list depends on how hungry and energetic I am.  When I lived in Texas and bacon could be purchased for two bucks a pound and eggs 99 cents for jumbo, that's what I had.

Would usually have either toast or waffles and a glass of milk :)

I make a white cream gravy from the sausage grease and use mild breakfast sausage. I make buttermilk biscuits with it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 13, 2018, 06:55:15 PM
I make a white cream gravy from the sausage grease and use mild breakfast sausage. I make buttermilk biscuits with it.

Wow, you're making me hungry :)

I think it's Campbell's that has a sausage gravy in the can and sometimes I'll use that.  Or, Pioneer has a couple
gravy mixes.  But, making them from scratch is awesome.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Dena

White sauce/gravy is really easy to make. Place one table spoon flour in one tablespoon fat and cook for a minute or two. Then and one cup fluid and cook until thick. White sauce is butter, flour and milk. For cheese sauce, make a white sauce and gradually add cheese.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dena on January 13, 2018, 07:04:04 PM
White sauce/gravy is really easy to make. Place one table spoon flour in one tablespoon fat and cook for a minute or two. Then and one cup fluid and cook until thick. White sauce is butter, flour and milk. For cheese sauce, make a white sauce and gradually add cheese.

I always use cream or half n half to make gravy. For red eye gravy I use coffee.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 13, 2018, 07:13:23 PM
I always use cream or half n half to make gravy. For red eye gravy I use coffee.

Totally cool.  Thank you soooooooo much!
I just had two of my salad sandwiches or I'd be making the gravy now :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

I'm making huevos rancheros today :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  •  

Maddie86

this morning I decided to do a breakfast version of chicken bacon ranch. Basically I just replaced the chicken with a much younger version of itself and added some jalapeno, it was so good! I also put some ranch seasoning on the home fries, it worked really well! I didn't want to just use cheese though, I wanted to step it up, so I grated some cheddar and spread it out in a circle on some parchment paper and I baked it, I need to do this way more often because it really amped up the flavor and I used less cheese than I normal would have!

I'm going to try my hand at making donuts sometime soon. The other day I came up with a list of 40 ideas for donuts (a lot of which I found out were already done by other places, but whatever, still good ideas), and I've been adding to the list over the weekend, I probably have over 50 ideas by now! If they come out good then this could definitely turn into a business some day, there's only one place in my town that does homemade donuts and while they're very good the flavors are pretty traditional, a lot of my ideas are kind of out there, so I think there's a market for this!
  •  

Roll

Someone gave me a loaf of fresh brioche to play with and sabotage my diet, so I just made french toast tacos. What are french toast tacos, you ask? Why, I'll tell you! French toast tacos are where I make regular french toast, then I put a huge glob of butter and an ungodly amount of powder sugar on top, so that when I fold the french toast like a taco shell the shear amount of butter and powdered sugar is equivalent to the volume of a normal taco's fillings.

Down here in the southern U.S., we call that a health food.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on January 14, 2018, 09:58:37 AM
this morning I decided to do a breakfast version of chicken bacon ranch. Basically I just replaced the chicken with a much younger version of itself and added some jalapeno, it was so good! I also put some ranch seasoning on the home fries, it worked really well! I didn't want to just use cheese though, I wanted to step it up, so I grated some cheddar and spread it out in a circle on some parchment paper and I baked it, I need to do this way more often because it really amped up the flavor and I used less cheese than I normal would have!

I'm going to try my hand at making donuts sometime soon. The other day I came up with a list of 40 ideas for donuts (a lot of which I found out were already done by other places, but whatever, still good ideas), and I've been adding to the list over the weekend, I probably have over 50 ideas by now! If they come out good then this could definitely turn into a business some day, there's only one place in my town that does homemade donuts and while they're very good the flavors are pretty traditional, a lot of my ideas are kind of out there, so I think there's a market for this!

Let me know how it goes. I've never made donuts and would like a good recipie for them.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

I made cinnamon rolls yesterday and put them in the fridge so I could bake them this morning. So this morning I take them out and there are 2 missing. So Tyler tells me he ate one last night. I told him there are 2 missing and Tristan said he ate one too. I asked him why and he said he saw Tyler with one and it looked good so he wanted one. I asked them how they could eat raw dough and they said it was good even raw and the cinnamon filling was really good. They ate raw dough!  It's like I have two 4 year Olds.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 10:00:50 AM
Someone gave me a loaf of fresh brioche to play with and sabotage my diet, so I just made french toast tacos. What are french toast tacos, you ask? Why, I'll tell you! French toast tacos are where I make regular french toast, then I put a huge glob of butter and an ungodly amount of powder sugar on top, so that when I fold the french toast like a taco shell the shear amount of butter and powdered sugar is equivalent to the volume of a normal taco's fillings.

Down here in the southern U.S., we call that a health food.
After all my years in Souther California, we would call that a Coronary in the making.  ;D
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 14, 2018, 10:22:04 AM
I made cinnamon rolls yesterday and put them in the fridge so I could bake them this morning. So this morning I take them out and there are 2 missing. So Tyler tells me he ate one last night. I told him there are 2 missing and Tristan said he ate one too. I asked him why and he said he saw Tyler with one and it looked good so he wanted one. I asked them how they could eat raw dough and they said it was good even raw and the cinnamon filling was really good. They ate raw dough!  It's like I have two 4 year Olds.

Cookie dough? Definitely eat raw. Cinnamon roll dough? ... Ew.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015