Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Right now I'm eating a CLIFF bar, not too bad I guess but it tastes like sawdust with chocolate chips and honey spilt on it
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sephirah

Does coffee count as cooking breakfast? I mean it's boiling water...
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 20, 2018, 12:06:47 PM
That funny. I was just about to say: " who wouldn't like Boston cream pancakes"? Then roll says she doesn't.  There's one in every crowd I guess.

I'm weird about textures! ;D Custards, puddings, (non-frozen) yogurts... all set my OCD off badly for some reason.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sephirah

Quote from: V M on January 20, 2018, 12:56:01 PM
I think it does ;D

Excellent! In that case, I cook the most delicious Colombian ground breakfast in the northern hemisphere!

Occasionally I have a side dish of bacon sandwiches, but for the most part, it's all about the coffee!
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 20, 2018, 01:00:46 PM
I'm weird about textures! ;D Custards, puddings, (non-frozen) yogurts... all set my OCD off badly for some reason.

Yeah you aren't alone. My brother gets skeezed out by stuff that is creamy and white. He loves sausage gravy but I have to use kitchen boquet to turn it brown. And when I make him a sandwich I have to mix some mustard into the mayo so it's yellow and not white. The sight of cottage cheese makes him gag. He's been that way since he was little. My dad would get so annoyed with the mayo thing when we were little. The mustard had to be well mixed into the mayo. If the mayo had white streaks in it Tyler wouldn't touch it. He would always check his sandwiches too. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Roll on January 20, 2018, 01:00:46 PM

Ah, I thought maybe it was a bad food fight experience   

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Sephirah on January 20, 2018, 01:13:16 PM
Excellent! In that case, I cook the most delicious Colombian ground breakfast in the northern hemisphere!

Occasionally I have a side dish of bacon sandwiches, but for the most part, it's all about the coffee!
Coffee is essential part in starting a day off right and a must have before cooking my breakfasts.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on January 20, 2018, 01:22:28 PM
Coffee is essential part in starting a day off right and a must have before cooking my breakfasts.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Exactly. I don't like to talk to or interact with anyone until I have coffee. I usually get up before everyone else so I  can have coffee in peace without having someone start asking what I'm going to make for breakfast. Or having to deal with my dad who is weirdly always chatty and in a good mood when he wakes up. It's not natural I tell ya!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 20, 2018, 01:28:50 PM
Exactly. I don't like to talk to or interact with anyone until I have coffee. I usually get up before everyone else so I  can have coffee in peace without having someone start asking what I'm going to make for breakfast. Or having to deal with my dad who is weirdly always chatty and in a good mood when he wakes up. It's not natural I tell ya!

I agree with you Julia, It just isn't natural to be in a good mood and pleasant  first thing in the morning. That's just not right.
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sephirah

Quote from: Laurie on January 20, 2018, 01:22:28 PM

Hugs,
   Laurie

I literally cannot function without it, lol. I'm like something out of The Walking Dead unless I have my morning coffee. I'm not a morning person at the best of times.

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 20, 2018, 01:28:50 PM

How? How are people like that? Like... in a good mood and chatty first thing in a morning? HOW!? I really don't understand those kinds of people. At all. My mum used to be like that when I was a kid. First thing in a morning she'd be almost floating round the house, with a giant grin and being like "Come on, you're wasting the day!" To which I was like "GOOD!!"

It isn't natural, at all. Morning is the time where you look at the snooze button on your alarm clock, and then jam it down repeatedly until you break a nail.
  •  

Roll

Prepare to hate me: I can't stand coffee, have a very minor caffeine intake(a coke every so often), and despite insomnia issues still wake up and am perfectly happy and functional in the morning.  >:-)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 20, 2018, 03:27:44 PM
Prepare to hate me: I can't stand coffee, have a very minor caffeine intake(a coke every so often), and despite insomnia issues still wake up and am perfectly happy and functional in the morning.  >:-)

Most will envy, not hate you Nerd Gurl! 

I can have a cup or two but too much and I get wired and if I drink it in the afternoon I can't sleep at night.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Sephirah on January 20, 2018, 03:10:42 PM
I literally cannot function without it, lol. I'm like something out of The Walking Dead unless I have my morning coffee. I'm not a morning person at the best of times.

How? How are people like that? Like... in a good mood and chatty first thing in a morning? HOW!? I really don't understand those kinds of people. At all. My mum used to be like that when I was a kid. First thing in a morning she'd be almost floating round the house, with a giant grin and being like "Come on, you're wasting the day!" To which I was like "GOOD!!"

It isn't natural, at all. Morning is the time where you look at the snooze button on your alarm clock, and then jam it down repeatedly until you break a nail.

I have no idea. He's always been that way. I on the other hand am very grouchy in the morning. Like normal people should be.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 20, 2018, 03:27:44 PM

Yeah, that figures. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 20, 2018, 04:01:25 PM
I have no idea. He's always been that way. I on the other hand am very grouchy in the morning. Like normal people should be.
I'm totally the person humming and whistling away when everyone else is groggy 🤣.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Quote from: Sephirah on January 20, 2018, 01:13:16 PM

A friend of mine calls me a coffee snob because I'm so picky about it LOL

I just woke up from a nap, a bacon and cheese sandwich sounds really good right now  ;D

- V M
  •  

MollyPants

Today I was really naughty and had a chocolate brownie with salted caramel sauce. The other half is going to be looking at me all day now...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Gertrude

A frittata of sorts. 1 big Serrano diced, 2oz of ham, 3 slices thick bacon crumbled, 1 Roma tomato sliced and 4 eggs. I chop cilantro and put that on the plate with a little hot sauce before plating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Gertrude on January 23, 2018, 07:40:46 AM
A frittata of sorts. 1 big Serrano diced, 2oz of ham, 3 slices thick bacon crumbled, 1 Roma tomato sliced and 4 eggs. I chop cilantro and put that on the plate with a little hot sauce before plating.

That sounds pretty good Trudy.

Hugs,
      Laurie