Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: Gertrude on January 23, 2018, 07:40:46 AM
A frittata of sorts. 1 big Serrano diced, 2oz of ham, 3 slices thick bacon crumbled, 1 Roma tomato sliced and 4 eggs. I chop cilantro and put that on the plate with a little hot sauce before plating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Totally kewl Aunt Gertie!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on January 23, 2018, 11:52:16 AM
Totally kewl Aunt Gertie!

I had watery,rubbery scrambled eggs and toast that had one tiny little bit of butter in the middle.  My dad made me breakfast. It wasn't very good but I ate it. It was very sweet of him and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. How the eggs could be both rubbery and watery is one of those weird cosmic mysteries I will never know the answer to.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 23, 2018, 12:10:47 PM
I had watery,rubbery scrambled eggs and toast that had one tiny little bit of butter in the middle.  My dad made me breakfast. It wasn't very good but I ate it. It was very sweet of him and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. How the eggs could be both rubbery and watery is one of those weird cosmic mysteries I will never know the answer to.

Depending what was used to mix with yokes :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on January 23, 2018, 12:19:09 PM
Depending what was used to mix with yokes :)

When it comes to my dad or brothers cooking I gave up trying to figure out how they got some of the results they've had. When my brother made me stir-fry once the rice was overcooked mush but some of it was undercooked and crunchy. ????????
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 23, 2018, 12:27:34 PM
When it comes to my dad or brothers cooking I gave up trying to figure out how they got some of the results they've had. When my brother made me stir-fry once the rice was overcooked mush but some of it was undercooked and crunchy. ????????

Crunchy part was that rice that was stuck against the bottom and sides, lol. 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on January 23, 2018, 01:21:47 PM
Did he microwave the eggs?

I don't know. But now that you mention it he probably did microwave them.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 23, 2018, 12:27:34 PM

Sounds like it was the wrong type of rice most likely. Too many people grab random generic long grain rice and try to toss it in soy. 
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

The only rice that doesn't chafe my belly is sushi rice for some odd reason but I rarely use it for breakfast anyway
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Quote from: V M on January 23, 2018, 02:18:59 PM
The only rice that doesn't chafe my belly is sushi rice for some odd reason but I rarely use it for breakfast anyway

Cook rice. Toss rice in sushi-su (seasoned rice vinegar). Put steaming rice in bowl. Crack egg over rice. Let rice steam cook egg as it seeps throughout. Top with furikake or nori and sesame seeds. Victory.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 23, 2018, 02:12:24 PM
Sounds like it was the wrong type of rice most likely. Too many people grab random generic long grain rice and try to toss it in soy.

Yeah he drowned it in both soy and teriyaki sauce. He was so proud of himself I had to eat some. I just couldn't hurt his feelings by telling him it was nasty.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 23, 2018, 02:24:57 PM
Yeah he drowned it in both soy and teriyaki sauce. He was so proud of himself I had to eat some. I just couldn't hurt his feelings by telling him it was nasty.

Proud of you Miss Child!  Would equate to me eating Liver n Onions, which I had to one time.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Cassi on January 23, 2018, 08:51:23 PM
Proud of you Miss Child!  Would equate to me eating Liver n Onions, which I had to one time.

That's it Cassi !! You can't go around bad mouthing good fresh liver and onions. Go ahead take you ball and go home.
Dang Vegas brat! sheeesh Liver N Onions is goood. with fried potatoes and a veggy...

Hugs'
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Laurie on January 23, 2018, 08:56:54 PM
That's it Cassi !! You can't go around bad mouthing good fresh liver and onions. Go ahead take you ball and go home.
Dang Vegas brat! sheeesh Liver N Onions is goood. with fried potatoes and a veggy...

Hugs'
   Laurie

Whoever kidnapped Ms Lauri and replaced her with a live n onion loving pod person, be warned we'll get her back!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Kognisjon on January 24, 2018, 07:23:01 PM
My standard weekday breakfast is two or three eggs, scrambled or hard boiled, black olives, a can of sardines, and a drink I make with water, apple cider vinegar, chia seeds, and nutritional yeast

I'm going to be honest, I don't think I could keep that drink down, particularly after eating a can of sardines. I tried the ACV for health thing... it... was not my thing. :D
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

I made a ham n' egg breakfast bagel sandwich with sauteed mushrooms, onions and pineapple, provolone and swiss cheeses  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 24, 2018, 09:49:10 PM
I'm going to be honest, I don't think I could keep that drink down, particularly after eating a can of sardines. I tried the ACV for health thing... it... was not my thing. :D

Don't feel bad. I tried the ACV thing in the morning's and even using a drink recipe with honey I couldn't deal with it. I do love sardines but first thing in the morning, no. Just no. I usually just have a green smoothie for bteakfast made with spinach. Sounds gross I know but with a banana and a handful of berries it's actually very good.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jessica

This morning I made blueberry pancake for my grandson.  I unfortunately can no longer eat blueberries, sad.  I have eaten blueberries since when I was young and picking them right off the bush on Mount Rainier.  But I've developed an allergy to them. 

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Julia1996

I still feel like crap but I can make breakfast. But all the guys have insisted on making it for me. This morning my brother said he made me a breakfast sandwich. I asked him if he made it or it was store bought. He said no, it was homemade. I was thinking Hmmm I wonder if it will be eatable. So I look at it and it looked good. I looked at the egg and sausage patty and cheese and it looked good. It also looked very familiar. That's because I made it! I made a bunch of breakfast sandwiches a couple of weeks ago and froze them in case someone needed a quick breakfast or in my brothers case a snack. I told him he was busted and that was a sandwich I had made and froze. He said what about it? I told him he was such a liar!  He said he didn't lie, that he never said he had made it from scratch, only that it was homemade, which it was. Sigh....there's that guy logic again.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 25, 2018, 09:14:22 AM
I still feel like crap but I can make breakfast. But all the guys have insisted on making it for me. This morning my brother said he made me a breakfast sandwich. I asked him if he made it or it was store bought. He said no, it was homemade. I was thinking Hmmm I wonder if it will be eatable. So I look at it and it looked good. I looked at the egg and sausage patty and cheese and it looked good. It also looked very familiar. That's because I made it! I made a bunch of breakfast sandwiches a couple of weeks ago and froze them in case someone needed a quick breakfast or in my brothers case a snack. I told him he was busted and that was a sandwich I had made and froze. He said what about it? I told him he was such a liar!  He said he didn't lie, that he never said he had made it from scratch, only that it was homemade, which it was. Sigh....there's that guy logic again.

Your bro's logic cracks me up LOL...  Seems he could just say that he'd zapped one of the sandwiches you'd made

- V M
  •