Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 25, 2018, 09:14:22 AM
I still feel like crap but I can make breakfast. But all the guys have insisted on making it for me. This morning my brother said he made me a breakfast sandwich. I asked him if he made it or it was store bought. He said no, it was homemade. I was thinking Hmmm I wonder if it will be eatable. So I look at it and it looked good. I looked at the egg and sausage patty and cheese and it looked good. It also looked very familiar. That's because I made it! I made a bunch of breakfast sandwiches a couple of weeks ago and froze them in case someone needed a quick breakfast or in my brothers case a snack. I told him he was busted and that was a sandwich I had made and froze. He said what about it? I told him he was such a liar!  He said he didn't lie, that he never said he had made it from scratch, only that it was homemade, which it was. Sigh....there's that guy logic again.

That really is such a guy thing to do! It's kinda cute. And just a bit funny! Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  •  

Jessica

Male semantics.  How can I be touching your feet when you have socks on?

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Jessica on January 25, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
Male semantics.  How can I be touching your feet when you have socks on?

Yeah, my boyfriend once told me that. I don't like having my feet touched or messed with.  I never have. In fact my dad told me when I was like 6 months old he was blowing raspberries on my feet and I kicked him in the face and made his nose bleed. Lol. Anyway, Tristan grabbed my foot wanting to give me a foot massage and I said he knew I didn't like having my feet touched. He said " but you have socks on". SO?????? Ugh!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

When I moved to Texas back in 2013, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, well not really died or went to heaven but you can buy bacon for $2.00/Pound and jumbo eggs for a buck and sour dough bread for about a buck and a pound of good butter for under 2.

My daily diet became bacons, eggs, toast (sometimes Eggos) and it messed up my manly figure.  I'm still hung up on bacon but refuse to pay over four bucks a pound and that's cut back.  However, the store had the pounds of Jimmy Dean's sage sausage on sale for $1.50/Pound and it's taken bacon's place for a while.

Need to just do cereal to get my weight under control - oh the pain......................Doctor Smith!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on January 25, 2018, 10:00:17 AM
When I moved to Texas back in 2013, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, well not really died or went to heaven but you can buy bacon for $2.00/Pound and jumbo eggs for a buck and sour dough bread for about a buck and a pound of good butter for under 2.

My daily diet became bacons, eggs, toast (sometimes Eggos) and it messed up my manly figure.  I'm still hung up on bacon but refuse to pay over four bucks a pound and that's cut back.  However, the store had the pounds of Jimmy Dean's sage sausage on sale for $1.50/Pound and it's taken bacon's place for a while.

Need to just do cereal to get my weight under control - oh the pain......................Doctor Smith!

A lot of times when I want eggs I use eggbeaters. They taste pretty much like eggs but don't have near as many calories. If you make an omelet with eggbeaters and stuff it full of vegetables and a little lowfat cheese it's really good! I eat carrot bacon. It's lengthwise thin slices of bacon (I use a mandolin to slice them) mixed with some liquid smoke and baked until crispy. If you don't think you're ready for that you could switch to turkey bacon. Turkey sausage is really good too.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

I meant lengthwise slices of carrot. Duh. I'm not fully awake yet.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 25, 2018, 10:10:36 AM
A lot of times when I want eggs I use eggbeaters. They taste pretty much like eggs but don't have near as many calories. If you make an omelet with eggbeaters and stuff it full of vegetables and a little lowfat cheese it's really good! I eat carrot bacon. It's lengthwise thin slices of bacon (I use a mandolin to slice them) mixed with some liquid smoke and baked until crispy. If you don't think you're ready for that you could switch to turkey bacon. Turkey sausage is really good too.

Thank you Sweetie.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 25, 2018, 10:11:46 AM
I meant lengthwise slices of carrot. Duh. I'm not fully awake yet.

Carrots sliced lengthwise  is NOT bacon no matter how you cook it. I also do not consider chicken, turkey, soy beans or anything except pork as bacon. The same things go for hamburgers, if it isn't beef it ain't hamburger. A patty of something yes but not hamburger.

This morning I made cheesy scrambled eggs with diced bell peppers, onions and chunks of Italian sausage.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on January 25, 2018, 11:08:59 AM
  Carrots sliced lengthwise  is NOT bacon no matter how you cook it. I also do not consider chicken, turkey, soy beans or anything except pork as bacon. The same things go for hamburgers, if it isn't beef it ain't hamburger. A patty of something yes but not hamburger.

This morning I made cheesy scrambled eggs with diced bell peppers, onions and chunks of Italian sausage.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Yes, I've heard as much before. I was cooking breakfast one morning and I was making bacon for the guys and carrot bacon for me. Tristan said he was hungry and the smell of bacon was making him more hungry. I told him some of the bacon was done already and he could have some. I gave him some of my carrot bacon. He got this really confused look and held a piece up into the light. He said " Julia, this is a piece of carrot, it's NOT bacon"! I told him it was a lot healthier than regular bacon. He said he didn't want a carrot crisp for breakfast, that he wasn't a rabbit. Then he told me to stop calling a slice of carrot bacon. He could at least have tried it!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Hugs,
  Laurie

Oh, they make some really good tofu breakfast sausage too.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MariaMoore

I love cooking breakfast, but I don't do it as often as I'd like, Sometimes, I cook breakfast foods for lunch or dinner. My favorite dishes to prepare are pancakes and French omelettes.
  •  

MariaMoore

Hugs,
  Laurie

Would you still call patties of other meats or plant substitutes a burger?
  •  

V M

When I was younger one of my crazy friends and I would say we were making rat burgers just to mess with our girlfriends at the time

How does Julia put it? They'd get all skeezed out? Loved their expressions tough
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: MariaMoore on January 25, 2018, 02:38:31 PM
Would you still call patties of other meats or plant substitutes a burger?
Lol sorry,  I thought I was clear on that. No. It would be patty of whatever else but not a hamburger.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on January 25, 2018, 09:53:33 PM
Lol sorry,  I thought I was clear on that. No. It would be patty of whatever else but not a hamburger.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Yeah, my dad's the same way. Once I made mushroom burgers and asked my dad if he wanted one and he said yes. So after he took a couple of bites he said " you're a very good cook pumpkin and please don't be upset by me saying this but this hamburger doesn't taste right". I told him it wasn't a hamburger it was a mushroom burger. He said he knew that but the meat tasted strange. I told him there was no meat in it and explained the burger was made of mushrooms, blackbeans, and a few other things. He actually got a little annoyed with me. He informed me a mushroom burger was a hamburger with mushrooms melted into some Swiss cheese on top. He told me what I gave him was a mushroom & bean patty. Then he told me I should have better sense than to make a nasty ass thing like that for him. It's like he's insulted by non meat hamburgers. Lol. He's so weird sometimes.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 25, 2018, 10:16:11 PM
Yeah, my dad's the same way. Once I made mushroom burgers and asked my dad if he wanted one and he said yes. So after he took a couple of bites he said " you're a very good cook pumpkin and please don't be upset by me saying this but this hamburger doesn't taste right". I told him it wasn't a hamburger it was a mushroom burger. He said he knew that but the meat tasted strange. I told him there was no meat in it and explained the burger was made of mushrooms, blackbeans, and a few other things. He actually got a little annoyed with me. He informed me a mushroom burger was a hamburger with mushrooms melted into some Swiss cheese on top. He told me what I gave him was a mushroom & bean patty. Then he told me I should have better sense than to make a nasty ass thing like that for him. It's like he's insulted by non meat hamburgers. Lol. He's so weird sometimes.

Kinda like substituting water with alcohol.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Laurie on January 25, 2018, 09:53:33 PM

I agree. Buffalo makes a buffalo burger, not a hamburger. Ground turkey makes nothing I acknowledge because never make a burger of any sort out of ground turkey. (Seriously, I love it for meat sauces and some other stuff, but for the love of god, no turkey burgers people!)

That does beg the question though... What if you make a burger out of ham?

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 25, 2018, 10:16:11 PM

I love portobello steaks and non meat proteins. But I have to say, I hate it when people make faux meat out of them. To me it's like... just eat the meat, or eat the vegetable/tofu/etc. the way it's meant to be eaten.Tofu can be amazing, but never in the shape of a pot roast. Most people never try (good) tofu because of that, thinking it's all just some wannabe vegan chicken breast or garden burger.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Laurie

Julia - Your dad is 100% correct again. He is a very smart man.

Elie - I pretty much agree with you. Don't try to feed me something that it is not. Faux meat is not meat. I want pork, beef, chicken, turkey as what they are. Not fake meats that do not taste like the real thing. And even if they did I still wouldn't want it. If you have to fake real food just eat the real food. I will eat vegetable dishes and tofu if it is served to me but they are not a substitute for MEATS no matter how you dress it up.

BTW what does this have to do with breakfast?  Someone start a fake food thread if you want to go veggie.
Unless of course it is a veggie breakfast.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Laurie on January 25, 2018, 10:59:10 PM
Julia - Your dad is 100% correct again. He is a very smart man.

Elie - I pretty much agree with you. Don't try to feed me something that it is not. Faux meat is not meat. I want pork, beef, chicken, turkey as what they are. Not fake meats that do not taste like the real thing. And even if they did I still wouldn't want it. If you have to fake real food just eat the real food. I will eat vegetable dishes and tofu if it is served to me but they are not a substitute for MEATS no matter how you dress it up.

BTW what does this have to do with breakfast?  Someone start a fake food thread if you want to go veggie.
Unless of course it is a veggie breakfast.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I smell a Vegan Conspiracy and I can't even smell!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •