Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on January 25, 2018, 10:59:10 PM
Julia - Your dad is 100% correct again. He is a very smart man.

Elie - I pretty much agree with you. Don't try to feed me something that it is not. Faux meat is not meat. I want pork, beef, chicken, turkey as what they are. Not fake meats that do not taste like the real thing. And even if they did I still wouldn't want it. If you have to fake real food just eat the real food. I will eat vegetable dishes and tofu if it is served to me but they are not a substitute for MEATS no matter how you dress it up.

BTW what does this have to do with breakfast?  Someone start a fake food thread if you want to go veggie.
Unless of course it is a veggie breakfast.

Hugs,
   Laurie

" packing up my mushrooms, blackbeans and tofu" I know when I'm not wanted. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 25, 2018, 11:07:18 PM
" packing up my mushrooms, blackbeans and tofu" I know when I'm not wanted. Lol.

You get right back here Miss Child!!!!!

You're wanted.  Just your friends; Blackbean, Mush and tofu aren't :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

BREAKFAST THEN! :D Tomorrow I am going to put together a left over carnitas breakfast burrito. Pork, scrambled egg, some bell pepper and onion. Not sure what else, I'm thinking something along the lines of a light chipotle ranch.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

The black beans and mushrooms can stay but tofu is just a nasty excuse for jello gone bad
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

Today it was a sandwich on white toast; peanut butter, Chinese red pepper flakes, and an egg over easy. I ate it with V8 and coffee.

Don't judge me! I have a bad cold.

(Yes, I could taste it. Surprisingly good.)

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

I made an Italian style breakfast sandwich  ;D  Pretty tasty one
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I have made nothing fancy for breakfast.  Just things like pancakes, waffles, bacon, ham, Canadian bacon, sausage, various kinds of eggs, plus toast.  Not French toast.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: V M on January 26, 2018, 07:14:18 AM
The black beans and mushrooms can stay but tofu is just a nasty excuse for jello gone bad

I'm with you on those V.M. nothing wrong with veggies as long as your not using then to fake something good. Tofu can be used in stuff I guess. I can eat it but it is no substitute for real meat.

Julia get your little back end back here and into the kitchen again you have K.P.

Chrissy - All those you listed are good. You can join Julia in the kitchen. She will soon have you picking up all kinds of good things to cook.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

I wonder if tofu burns, that would be something interesting to launch out to sea

Flaming balls of tofu

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 26, 2018, 10:38:57 PM
I wonder if tofu burns, that would be something interesting to launch out to sea

Flaming balls of tofu

H3ll no, use them for the Phoenix Lights Revisted!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

This morning I have scrambled eggs with a dash of curry powder and then some fruit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

What a bunch of tofu haters!  Tofu is good if you cook it right. A tofu breakfast scramble is really good. And no, I never made a tofu scramble for the guys. That wouldn't go well. Once my dad asked what I was making and I told him it was a tofu scramble. He said " Julia, I never spanked you growing up but if you serve me tofu for breakfast that could change". Lol tofu hater!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Laurie on January 26, 2018, 10:29:45 PM
Chrissy - All those you listed are good. You can join Julia in the kitchen. She will soon have you picking up all kinds of good things to cook.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Laurie,

I do like to eat all of that, although eating too much of a lot that may not be good!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 27, 2018, 08:34:51 AM
Tofu is good if you cook it right.

Julia,

I love tofu however I have never had it for breakfast.  I get the firm or extra firm tofu blocks at the grocery and have for a long time eaten a lot of it, although like plain tilapia fish, I really do prefer it with something else, or soaked in a soup or sauce.  Like tilapia, tofu absorbs all those delightful flavors from the sauces, yum!

I do not eat much tilapia.  I do not know when the last time I ate tilapia, but I eat tofu a lot.
It is good stuff. 

Chrissy
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 27, 2018, 08:50:18 AM
Julia,

I love tofu however I have never had it for breakfast.  I get the firm or extra firm tofu blocks at the grocery and have for a long time eaten a lot of it, although like plain tilapia fish, I really do prefer it with something else, or soaked in a soup or sauce.  Like tilapia, tofu absorbs all those delightful flavors from the sauces, yum!

I do not eat much tilapia.  I do not know when the last time I ate tilapia, but I eat tofu a lot.
It is good stuff. 

Chrissy

So Tofu is akin to mushrooms in their flavor change?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on January 27, 2018, 08:54:16 AM
So Tofu is akin to mushrooms in their flavor change?

Exactly. Tofu itself doesn't have a lot of flavor but it does absorb flavors from whatever you cook it with.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 27, 2018, 08:59:46 AM
Exactly. Tofu itself doesn't have a lot of flavor but it does absorb flavors from whatever you cook it with.

Thanks Sweetie.  I might just try it then.  Love mushrooms of all kinds.  For some reason, Tofu and rice cakes have given me that "that's weird food" syndrome.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Cassi,

I never gave that much thought to that about mushrooms. Perhaps because I would often eat raw mushrooms on salads?   You are right, sautéd mushrooms for sure grab those sumptuous flavors.

Hmmm, a juicy steak with a mushroom and onion topping sounds like a good meal to look forward to for a meal soon. 

:)
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 27, 2018, 09:05:38 AM
Cassi,

I never gave that much thought to that about mushrooms. Perhaps because I would often eat raw mushrooms on salads?   You are right, sautéd mushrooms for sure grab those sumptuous flavors.

Hmmm, a juicy steak with a mushroom and onion topping sounds like a good meal to look forward to for a meal soon. 

:)

Try large portebellos with crab and cheese inside sauteed and baked in wine.....................
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

This talk about mushrooms has nudged me to order mushrooms in my chop suey when I eat that again.  I enjoy those little "button mushrooms" that I really do not remember seeing in food dishes much except chop suey or chow mein.  Even in Asian buffets, the mushrooms seem to be the standard large ones. 

But I am not in the mood for Asian food today.  I think I want a nice steak!
  •