Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

•  

ChrissyRyan

Ahh yes, coffee.  I already had two cups today.  Now what I do not know if they are C or B cups.
Well, looking at them again, I'd say they are B cups.  Sorry, I could not help myself with that silly comment. 

I do enjoy good coffee, but I do not drink lots of it, and I have it mostly in the mornings.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 27, 2018, 09:36:20 AM
Ahh yes, coffee.  I already had two cups today.  Now what I do not know if they are C or B cups.
Well, looking at them again, I'd say they are B cups.  Sorry, I could not help myself with that silly comment. 

I do enjoy good coffee, but I do not drink lots of it, and I have it mostly in the mornings.

Currently eating eggs, pastrami and cottage white toast with ice coffee.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Devlyn

One 16 oz cup of Jamaican Blue for me, any more and I'll keep everyone up all night!  :laugh: >:-) :angel:
  •  

V M

I don't hate tofu and have actually tried it, it just isn't my thing but I do respect that other folks like it

Nevermind that I tend to call it tojam  >:-)       

I saute mushrooms because they taste and digest better, sauteed some with onion, garlic and pepper to go on my Italian breakfast sandwich this morning  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Coffee for breakfast is okay but anything after 12pm will keep me up all night.  Started making ice coffee last year in Texas.  My son was spending 4-5 bucks for it and back when I worked I liked it. 

I'll brew four or five pots and put the coffee into mason jars to the 12 mark, seal and put in cold water until I hear the "plink".  Then refrigerate.  Filling at the 12 mark allows for addition of creamer, milk or sugar.  Usually just creamer for me.  I call it Frugal Delight and its usually a french roast, lol.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

I'm an espresso person. Hot, hard and fast. I've never managed to a cold coffee. Something about just doesn't feel right! Normally I only drink espresso until 1pm but if I'm going out I'll have a few more.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on January 27, 2018, 10:19:35 AM
I'm an espresso person. Hot, hard and fast. I've never managed to a cold coffee. Something about just doesn't feel right! Normally I only drink espresso until 1pm but if I'm going out I'll have a few more.

Coffee and caffeine has the effect of speed on me or did before HRT.  shak'n all over...............
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

A few cups of some kind of dark roast usually French or Italian when I wake up  ;D

I'd like to get a new espresso machine, haven't made cappuccinos in awhile
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: MollyPants on January 27, 2018, 10:19:35 AM

I'm not averse to drinking stone cold coffee if I fall asleep after I've just made a cup and don't drink it, lol. I just down it after I wake up. >_< I think caffeine has kind of lost its effect on me. Either that or I need it drip fed to feel anything from it anymore, lol.

Iced coffee is nice. I bought one the other day out of curiosity, wondering how coffee-like it actually is. It wasn't bad at all. A bit too milky for my tastes, though. I normally take mine black without sugar. Basically Coffee. Mug. Water. Done.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Sephirah on January 27, 2018, 04:04:10 PM
I'm not averse to drinking stone cold coffee if I fall asleep after I've just made a cup and don't drink it, lol. I just down it after I wake up. >_< I think caffeine has kind of lost its effect on me. Either that or I need it drip fed to feel anything from it anymore, lol.

Iced coffee is nice. I bought one the other day out of curiosity, wondering how coffee-like it actually is. It wasn't bad at all. A bit too milky for my tastes, though. I normally take mine black without sugar. Basically Coffee. Mug. Water. Done.

When I first started making the ice coffee in batches I tried adding a teaspoon of cocoa and some milk and shaking it up to give it a different cool flavor.  Ice coffees tend to be too sugaree and milkee.  Then I decided to just fill it to the 12 oz level and can it for lack of a better reference.  Now, depending on what's available - daughter insists on either french vanilla or hazelnut creamer, I'll use that or milk.  Prefer milk as it doesn't have the sugar or sweetness.  Cream and coffee kewl.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Ice coffee gives me the runs for some reason  :P  I avoid it even more than I avoid some of my neighbors

- V M
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: V M on January 27, 2018, 04:44:34 PM
Ice coffee gives me the runs for some reason  :P  I avoid it even more than I avoid some of my neighbors

Give your neighbours ice coffee. Win-win. ;D
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Sephirah on January 27, 2018, 04:45:51 PM
Give your neighbours ice coffee. Win-win. ;D

Creepy - Northwest pandemic started by computer program.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes you do not even cook your breakfast, but it still can taste good and be nourishing.

For instance, a good cereal with cold milk.  Or having an orange, strawberries, or a bowl of blueberries.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 27, 2018, 05:50:25 PM
Sometimes you do not even cook your breakfast, but it still can taste good and be nourishing.

For instance, a good cereal with cold milk.  Or having an orange, strawberries, or a bowl of blueberries.

Very true ChrissyRyan!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

I'm making a Ham n' Swiss omelette with mushrooms, onions and blue cheese with bacon and hash browns on the side  ;D

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I made a warm ham and melted Swiss cheese sandwich using a croissant and delightful strawberry preserves.
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

This morning I made strawberry and cream cheese stuffed French toast. It's one of my dad's favorites.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •