Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 28, 2018, 03:31:24 PM
I like Deviled eggs and even make them in between holidays  ;D  Yes, I am rebellious

That's what I love about you VM!

Rebel without a Clause :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

I make deviled eggs quite a bit. My brother declared deviled eggs "foot ball watching food" so during the hateful football season I make them almost every weekend. My family can't be happy with a bag of chips and a bag of pretzels, they like actual food while they watch football.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

What's football without snacks? It would be blasphemy!!! Blasphemy I tell you!!!  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on January 28, 2018, 04:13:09 PM
What's football without snacks? It would be blasphemy!!! Blasphemy I tell you!!!  ;D

That's exactly what my dad says. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Anyone who doesn't like deviled eggs has never had properly made ones! :D There are a LOT of bad deviled eggs out there that are just plain sloppy. Hint: It shouldn't ever just taste like a glob of mayo in a hard-boiled egg white. The paprika should not be random cheapo stuff, but real, quality and flavorful Paprika. Smoked for a bit of a unique flavor, or a very nice Hungarian otherwise. A homemade pickle relish can also really kick the flavor up a notch. A touch of dill is also a must, everyone leaves off the dill. That is one of the big flaws. The final result should be creamy, but not mayo like wet, and taste sort of like an aioli.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

TaiseiReborn

I don't know the more I hear about it the less inclined I feel about eating them lol! I don't know they look like they would be great but at the moment Nah, maybe in a few years [emoji14]

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 28, 2018, 04:28:21 PM
Anyone who doesn't like deviled eggs has never had properly made ones! :D There are a LOT of bad deviled eggs out there that are just plain sloppy. Hint: It shouldn't ever just taste like a glob of mayo in a hard-boiled egg white. The paprika should not be random cheapo stuff, but real, quality and flavorful Paprika. Smoked for a bit of a unique flavor, or a very nice Hungarian otherwise. A homemade pickle relish can also really kick the flavor up a notch. A touch of dill is also a must, everyone leaves off the dill. That is one of the big flaws. The final result should be creamy, but not mayo like wet, and taste sort of like an aioli.

Stop it Ellie!  You're making the german shepherd drooooooool.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: TaiseiReborn on January 28, 2018, 04:43:39 PM
I don't know the more I hear about it the less inclined I feel about eating them lol! I don't know they look like they would be great but at the moment Nah, maybe in a few years [emoji14]

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

That's alright, more for us'ns.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 28, 2018, 04:28:21 PM

I have no idea if I make proper deviled eggs or not. I put the yokes through a ricer then add some mayo and about a teaspoon of dijon mustard. I also add a tiny bit of very finely diced onion and celery. From the way they get scarfed up I assume they're good. Oh....I haven't ever put  dill in them before.  ( hanging head in shame)
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

I think it's like anything else, everyone makes them to their own likings

I usually put the yokes in a bowl add some mayo and horseradish mustard with some paprika, garlic powder and black pepper and whisk it around until it's mixed and spoon it onto the whites

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 28, 2018, 05:40:56 PM
I have no idea if I make proper deviled eggs or not. I put the yokes through a ricer then add some mayo and about a teaspoon of dijon mustard. I also add a tiny bit of very finely diced onion and celery. From the way they get scarfed up I assume they're good. Oh....I haven't ever put  dill in them before.  ( hanging head in shame)

They sound good to me.  If I make them myself, I might add, crap or olives but rarely use mustard.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on January 28, 2018, 06:18:07 PM
They sound good to me.  If I make them myself, I might add, crap or olives but rarely use mustard.

Yeah, I mostly stick with basic stuff. I once decided to make really fancy deviled eggs with paper thin salmon slices on top. All the eggs were eaten and all the salmon slices were left on the platter.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Neglecting the salmon is sinful behavior, I love salmon

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 28, 2018, 06:25:43 PM
Yeah, I mostly stick with basic stuff. I once decided to make really fancy deviled eggs with paper thin salmon slices on top. All the eggs were eaten and all the salmon slices were left on the platter.

That was funny. Now, if I was a guy and saw that I'd probably think it was some sort of cover :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Try the dill, you will never go back!! The onion and celery is a nice touch, gotta have a bit of crunch (that's what I use the relish for). Also, smoked salmon on deviled eggs is good, though I usually can't keep smoked salmon around long enough to do anything special with it. I devour it instantly.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 28, 2018, 06:53:26 PM
Try the dill, you will never go back!! The onion and celery is a nice touch, gotta have a bit of crunch (that's what I use the relish for). Also, smoked salmon on deviled eggs is good, though I usually can't keep smoked salmon around long enough to do anything special with it. I devour it instantly.

I've been working on my salad making and recently began including mushrooms, olives, shrimp and today, sliced hardboiled egg :)

Will get to revising my devil eggs using your suggestion.  Also like using jumbo eggs when I do :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Oh, one more deviled egg trick... KEWPIE MAYO. It's Japanese style mayo, has a unique flavor compared to western mayo and I vastly prefer it. (I don't actually like western mayo at all.) You may know it as the white sauce usually crisscrossed on sushi.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

Quote from: Cassi on January 28, 2018, 10:18:08 PM
What is a ricer

Pushes stuff through to sort of mash it. Always reminds me of those playdough fun factories.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•