Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Secret to tempura: Potato starch.

https://www.amazon.com/JFC-Katakuriko-Potato-Starch-Ounce/dp/B004KA63IO

Use it with the flour, batter is perfect. Also is amazing for stuff like chinese restaurant fried chicken stuff like sweet and sour. Oh, and tempura, the water has to be ice cold. Keep icecubes in the water, as much as you can and still work with it. But be careful if you are going straight from batter to fryer because hte heat will melt hte cubes too fast, and then you have to add more flour/starch.

Tempura Udon is a truly amazing dish.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Thanks Ellie for the tip about making tempura batter.
Tempura Udon is great.  I do enjoy those fat noodles.

I like lots of kinds of noodles.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Laurie

Here is a little something I whipped up for breakfast today.

It was assembled with 3 eggs seasoned with Scarborough fair, a dask of milk, salt and pepper, sauteed mushrooms, green onion, diced potato fried in butter garlic salt and pepper, Browned ground chorizo and bacon, chopped fresh baby spinach, diced rainbow pepper, cooked covered until firm throughout. Then sprinkles wit shredded cheddar cheese, plated and topped with hot salsa.

Bon appetit,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

Mmmm, an egg pizza?  ;D

No breakfast for me today, I'm making Super Bowl snacks
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: V M on February 04, 2018, 01:19:17 PM
Mmmm, an egg pizza?  ;D

No breakfast for me today, I'm making Super Bowl snacks

Almost V.M. A deep dish one full of goodies about 1/2 inch thick. It tasted sooo good too.

Hug Hun,
  Laurie

•  

ChrissyRyan

I am sure Laurie's breakfast was far tastier than these low calorie carrots and celery sticks.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Blueberry pancakes with Swiss cheese and pineapple syrup  ;D 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: V M on February 07, 2018, 03:01:16 PM
Pancakes with cheese?  Are ye daft girl? Next thing you will be trying to make me believe cheesecake is good. Oy Vey!!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 07, 2018, 03:01:16 PM

V M,

Now that is a new one for me.  I never heard of pancakes with Swiss cheese on them.
Both are good, but I never had them together.  I never had pineapple syrup on pancakes either.

Blueberry pancakes sounds yummy by itself, these extras sound interesting.  I do like pineapple too.

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 03:09:16 PM
Pancakes with cheese?  Are ye daft girl? Next thing you will be trying to make me believe cheesecake is good. Oy Vey!!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

But cheesecake is good, so sayeth the lord  ;D  I make great cheesecake

- V M
  •  

V M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 07, 2018, 03:14:24 PM
V M,

Now that is a new one for me.  I never heard of pancakes with Swiss cheese on them.
Both are good, but I never had them together.  I never had pineapple syrup on pancakes either.

Blueberry pancakes sounds yummy by itself, these extras sound interesting.  I do like pineapple too.

Chrissy

It's really good, you just cook a pancake then put some butter and a slice of Swiss on it and repeat until you're out of batter and/or cheese   

The syrup is real easy, I put some cheap syrup in a glass measuring cup and place it in a pan partially filled with water and let it warm, then add a spoon or so of crushed pineapple

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on February 07, 2018, 03:38:36 PM
It's really good, you just cook a pancake then put some butter and a slice of Swiss on it and repeat until you're out of batter and/or cheese   

The syrup is real easy, I put some cheap syrup in a glass measuring cup and place it in a pan partially filled with water and let it warm, then add a spoon or so of crushed pineapple

That sounds easy enough.  Thank you.

Chrissy
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks,

I am home again so I have to cook my own breakfasts again. Michelle fed me well while I was visiting. She is a good cook and hostess. She eats a lot healthier than I do. I did indulge in her cookies several times. I was beginning to think she may have been fattening me up for unknown reasons.

Today I Made a two egg omelet stuffed with chorizo, butter sauteed chopped spinach with rainbow peppers, fresh salsa, and green onion, extra sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese. It tasted as good as I expected.

Bon Appétit,
  Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

This morning I fixed my rolled oats / oatmeal, with blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.  My boarder and I enjoyed this one.  It is also one of the breakfasts that I served Laurie.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I really enjoy some good pancakes with a little butter and the natural maple syrup.

I also enjoy eggs, toast, hash browns, ham, and sometimes a breakfast steak or sausage links.

That stuff I can make as well as waffles.  I need to learn how to make French toast and omelets.

Fruit is also good in the morning.  I do enjoy some cereals.  Sometimes I buy a bagel.

Chrissy.

•  

Laurie

I think I should move in with Michelle as her cooking and walking habits would allow be to shed some of this extra weight allow me to lose. She eats far healthier than I.

Chrissy - You can easily learn to make delicious breakfasts as most are pretty simple to prepare. When I went up to my daughter's place to help take care of my 4 grand kids while Mom and Dad were tending to grand child #5 I taught the little two how to cook a few breakfasts and the older grand son how to cook a few dinners like chicken Parmesan and shrimp scampi both with linguini noodles. There are several beginner cookbooks and many cooking site that have how to videos.

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on February 12, 2018, 06:28:39 PM
  I think I should move in with Michelle as her cooking and walking habits would allow be to shed some of this extra weight allow me to lose. She eats far healthier than me

Wellll...  Laurie's Room is otherwise occupied, but I do have a larger bed. I only use one side of it...

[emoji6][emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Laurie on February 12, 2018, 06:28:39 PM

Chrissy - You can easily learn to make delicious breakfasts as most are pretty simple to prepare. When I went up to my daughter's place to help take care of my 4 grand kids while Mom and Dad were tending to grand child #5 I taught the little two how to cook a few breakfasts and the older grand son how to cook a few dinners like chicken Parmesan and shrimp scampi both with linguini noodles. There are several beginner cookbooks and many cooking site that have how to videos.

Laurie,

I have a lot to learn about cooking.  There is a popular kind of water cooking with vacuum sealed foods that many restaurants now use, I think it is called Sous Vide, that I may explore too. 

At least I can make the basics for breakfast and other meals.  I am glad of that!

Chrissy

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 12, 2018, 08:07:44 PM
Wellll...  Laurie's Room is otherwise occupied, but I do have a larger bed. I only use one side of it...

[emoji6][emoji56]

It did look like a nice large comfy bed but I did wonder at the colorful scarves tied to the bed posts...
At least I'll have a place to sleep when I next visit. And you did say something about breakfast in bed didn't you?

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on February 12, 2018, 10:33:41 PM
  It did look like a nice large comfy bed but I did wonder at the colorful scarves tied to the bed posts...
At least I'll have a place to sleep when I next visit. And you did say something about breakfast in bed didn't you?

Oh, absolutely!   There will be no need whatsoever to release you for you to get up.

You probably already figured out that I am a snuggler by nature...

Scrambles, oatmeal with berries, all served in bed!

•