Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 15, 2018, 10:22:29 PM
It's an ebb and flow, the weather seems to have something to do with it but I'm still breathing for now

I'll be okay

Breathing issues suckless air.

I have to use a CPAP machine and the mask fits just over my nose.  Problem is that my septum is a deviant so breathing thru the nose has always been an issue.

So, I use the Kroger brand of Breathe Right strips (they're actually better than the name brand and cost less) which I place on my nose before bed and my nasal passage stays open.

So, in a nutshell, I feel your pain on sinus and yucky stuff - continue to heal!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Cassi on March 15, 2018, 10:48:23 PM
Breathing issues suckless air.

I have to use a CPAP machine and the mask fits just over my nose.  Problem is that my septum is a deviant so breathing thru the nose has always been an issue.

So, I use the Kroger brand of Breathe Right strips (they're actually better than the name brand and cost less) which I place on my nose before bed and my nasal passage stays open.

So, in a nutshell, I feel your pain on sinus and yucky stuff - continue to heal!
CPAP made a huge difference for me. I actually started dreaming again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Gertrude on March 16, 2018, 10:51:29 PM
CPAP made a huge difference for me. I actually started dreaming again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes I dream but not as vividly and avoid nightmares.  There's some question as to my PTSD and some other things so we'll see.

For the most part I fall to sleep pretty quick but have to do the nose thing like I mentioned.  Cool air is great.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

I have COPD and use a daily inhaler, should probably look into a CPAP system as my condition is progressing

But hey!!! This is the breakfast thread, so what's up for grub this morning?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

SonadoraXVX

When my girlfriend and I stay home, we usually whip up something quick. I like to do the migas(my family's version of stripped down chilaquiles, from northereastern mexico), which consists of cut squares of corn tortillas fried with olive oil/corn oil with semi grilled/sauted onions, add the two eggs, scamble them, add salt/pepper to your liking, once the eggs are well done, whala, your done. Put some Mexican hot sauce(tapatio) to your liking and some morning joe/tea, or whatever you drink in the am, and your done. Oh, yea, I forgot the Mexican cheese, sprinkle it after your done cooking, it melts into the food, over it.
Its pretty good actually.

Or for the full blown chilaquiles, you do the same as above, just add red Heinz hot sauce, warmed over the same plate you heated your eggs, or use a different skillet to heat the red sauce.

The link is of the more snazzy Chilaquiles from Wikipedia.

By Carlos t - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=22507068

AND I'm not Carlos either, lol...

What I will make, Depends if I'm bright eyed, and bushy tailed or lazy in the am. The migas takes me back to my toddler days, when my mom would cook a quick batch of them for us(when I would pick the tortillas with my hands and eat them, with eggs on them).

Cooking just revives simpler days of my life, when my whole extended family would get together for massive shindigs in northeastern mexico, kill a whole cow, feed dozens of people in a Mexican ranch.
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 17, 2018, 04:42:29 AM
I have COPD and use a daily inhaler, should probably look into a CPAP system as my condition is progressing

But hey!!! This is the breakfast thread, so what's up for grub this morning?

Tried to dried hash browns this morning and they were good.  Added eggs and B A C O N.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Donna

I cook most meals as my wife is in a wheel chair and I like helping.
Our favorite is Sunday bacon and eggs for either breakfast lunch or supper depending on mood.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Donna on March 17, 2018, 10:56:23 PM
I cook most meals as my wife is in a wheel chair and I like helping.
Our favorite is Sunday bacon and eggs for either breakfast lunch or supper depending on mood.

Cool!

I'm seriously thinking of trying to make some corned beef hash since the corned beef will probably be on sale now that all the Leprechauns are gone :)(
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

I'm warming up a slice of strawberry/rhubarb pie one of my neighbors made  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: V M on March 18, 2018, 02:08:44 PM
I'm warming up a slice of strawberry/rhubarb pie one of my neighbors made  ;D
That sounds like a very indulgent breakfast! I've just finished making rhubarb licquer for cocktails and rhubarb crumble for pudding

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: MollyPants on March 18, 2018, 02:30:21 PM
That sounds like a very indulgent breakfast! I've just finished making rhubarb licquer for cocktails and rhubarb crumble for pudding

How do you make rhubarb liquer?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: MollyPants on March 18, 2018, 02:30:21 PM

Strangely enough, breakfast is pretty much the only time I like to eat pie or anything sweet for that matter  ;D

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on March 18, 2018, 05:46:20 PM
Strangely enough, breakfast is pretty much the only time I like to eat pie or anything sweet for that matter  ;D

Very interesting!  I wonder what Freud or Jung would say to that??????
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: Cassi on March 18, 2018, 05:50:13 PM
Very interesting!  I wonder what Freud or Jung would say to that??????
Lol! I usually have a sweet breakfast at the weekends. Generally it is some sort of chocolatey pastry :)

•  

MollyPants

Quote from: Cassi on March 18, 2018, 04:56:07 PM
How do you make rhubarb liquer?
I used frozen rhubarb so this time I put it in a heavy pan and added some sugar and lemon juice with a lid on a low heat until it had stewed down. If I use fresh I add some water (about a pint for each kg of rhubarb). After either has stewed for an hour or two I strain off the juice and then heat up and dissolve in more sugar and lemon juice to taste. Then bottle it up and serve with club soda and measure of vodka :).

The left over rhubarb is great for crumble or pie.

•  

Maddie86

This morning I made a hashbrown casserole, it was reallllllly good!

•  

Donna

This is making me hungry. Damn, there goes my figure. Lol
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 19, 2018, 08:36:31 AM
This morning I made a hashbrown casserole, it was reallllllly good!

Wow, that does look good.  How'd you make it?  ingredients?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Maddie86

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 19, 2018, 08:01:08 PM
here's the recipe, I cut everything in half though because I didn't want to make a ton lol

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/cracker-barrel-hashbrown-casserole/02940770-46d9-4983-bdd3-d5cc17abd916

Thank you Maddie!

We had deep fried mac & cheese at the place we ate yesterday.  My daughter is weird when it comes to Mac & Cheese.  When we'd go out for dinner like an Brazilian BBQ ($35/person) she'd go for Mac & Cheese and I'd tell her I'm not paying 35 bucks for mac and cheese.  Enough said, need to get a recipe for that.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •